Complacency Breeds Infidelity Pt. 02

Story Info
Part 2 has no explicit sex. Just the aftermath of.
4.3k words
4.04
39k
35

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 01/01/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Rob5373
Rob5373
876 Followers

Chapter Four

I was informing Alex that this was our last tryst as my pussy slowly leaked his cum into the crotch of my panties. Suddenly, an obviously irate woman burst into the bar and headed for our table screaming obscenities in our direction.

The woman was screaming, "You Motherfucker, you fucking douchebag. Is this the tramp you've been fucking. I hope her pussy was good because it's your last."

She pulled out a small hand gun and aimed it at Alex's head.

"Honey, NO! please...wait.."

Those were Alex's last words as she fired point blank into his temple.

Alex fell out of the chair on to the floor. I got up, turned and ran. I took four or five steps and heard a loud pop and I felt something slam into my lower left back. Another pop knocked me down. I could see blood soaking the front of my dress and a bloody hole in my left lower leg. The pain was unbearable. I looked around to see if she was going to shoot me again. I tried to get up but couldn't stand. I saw several patrons and the bouncer wrestle the woman to the floor and take the gun from her. I started to pass out as a couple ran over to me.

The woman said, "You're gonna be ok. Stay awake. You've been shot. There's an ambulance on the way. Hang in there. What's your name?"

I had to think a for a few seconds but finally whispered, "Donna."

They had towels on my wounds applying pressure to stop the bleeding. When the paramedics arrived, they stripped me down and located my wounds. I heard one paramedic say, " Gun shot wound to her lower left back looks to be through and through. Exited just above her thigh at her groin."

The other one said, "Looks like the other bullet is in her leg. Don't see an exit hole"

I whispered, "Am I dying? It hurts so bad. I cant move my leg.

The paramedic said, "No, you'll be fine. Looks like one of the bullets is lodged in your leg. You're gonna need some surgery but you'll be ok."

Next thing I knew I was in the Emergency Room at the hospital. There were doctors and nurses all around me. I was semi conscious and the pain was excruciating but I could hear them talking.

I was naked as they examined me. My left leg was covered in a huge bandage. I couldn't move my toes.

One nurse spoke to another and said, "She was apparently a busy girl earlier. I don't believe I've ever see that much semen flow out of a woman before. Those panties I took off of her were soaked with it. All that must belong to the guy she was with. He never knew what hit him."

———————————————

I turned the TV off and was just getting in bed when the doorbell rang. I opened the door with two police officers standing there.

One of them asked, "Sir, are you Kyle Dixon?"

"Yes, Officer."

Mr. Dixon, your wife has been badly injured and is at the hospital under going surgery as we speak. We just wanted to inform you. We don't know her condition at this time. She's at County General."

"Thank you Officers."

I got dressed and drove to the hospital. I entered the ER trying to find someone to give me some information on my wife. A nurse pointed me in the direction of two police officers.

I approached them and asked if they were looking for me.

One of them asked, "Are you Kyle Dixon?"

I said, "Yes, Sir. I'm looking for my wife who is supposed to be here. Do you know anything.?"

At this point all we know is that your wife and a gentleman friend were eating dinner when a woman we believe to be the man's estranged wife confronted them and shot him and your wife. The man is dead. Do you know an Alex Roberts?"

"No, can't say I do. What's his connection to my wife?"

"We were hoping you could tell us? Our investigation so far indicates they had just checked out of room 202 next door at the LaQuinta. We searched the room which had not been cleaned yet. I'm sorry to say, Mr. Dixon that it looks like your wife and the deceased victim were having a sexual affair. The room reeked of sexual activity along with a large volume of body fluids left behind on the linens. We are still investigating. You don't happen to know a Margaret Roberts, do you? She is the shooter according to the witnesses."

"No, Officer, I don't know this Roberts woman."

Ok,Mr. Dixon, Im sorry, Sir. Thank you for your cooperation. Here's her clothes they took off of her."

They handed me a bag containing her bloody and soiled clothing. I noticed her dress was blood soaked as were her panties. The crotch of her panties were soaked with what appeared to be semen. The sexy sandals I had not seen before were also in the bag. I guess they were just for him. I don't think she'll be needing them for awhile.

I sat in the surgical waiting room waiting on word of Donna's condition. After several hours a doctor in scrubs asked for me. I identified myself and we sat.

He began, "Mr. Dixon, as I'm sure you know by now, your wife was shot. She lost a lot of blood but she's stable now. The wound in the back missed her kidneys and vital organs but damaged some muscles when the bullet exited near her thigh. She'll be pretty sore for awhile. That should heal barring any infection. Her leg wound was not serious. The bullet was stopped by her tibia. Luckily it didn't break the bone. I removed the bullet. She should be walking again in four to six weeks. One other thing, Mr. Dixon. Her blood work showed an STD. She has gonorrhea. She's being given IV antibiotics for the STD and any other possible infection. Have you had sex with her recently? We'll need to contact all of her sex partners."

I replied, "Doctor, I haven't had sex with my wife for months so I should be ok. As I understand it, her lover is dead. I don't know if she has others. Can I see her?"

He said, "She's being transferred to the ICU as we speak. She will be asleep until tomorrow afternoon but you can certainly be with her. I know you're both going to have a lot to say when she awakes and I don't blame you but go easy on her until she's better. I don't want all my handiwork to go for naught. Okay?"

"Okay, Doc. Thanks."

As I walked into her room, I was astonished at all the tubes, IV bags, monitors, etc...that were hooked up to her. She looked peaceful as she slept. Tears ran down my cheek remembering our years together. Did my inattention to her needs put her here? I don't know...maybe. I'm not taking the blame for the decisions she made. Although I feel guilty for not recognizing her needs, I still can't believe she fell into another's arms and bed so easily.

I scanned her body noting her pale skin that is usually so vibrant and shiny. I looked at her leg. Only her red toes shown from the end of the heavy bandage from her knee to her foot. I had noticed she had been changing nail polish colors often the last couple of months. I wondered if that was for him? I touched her hand knowing our days together were most likely numbered. She didn't feel like the woman I had loved for sixteen years. She was like a stranger to me. I knew I had some decisions to make. I also knew that she had no place to go when she is discharged. That posed another problem. I also knew I was angry...very angry.

I went home and discarded all the bloody clothes except for the cum soaked panties and the sandals. The bloody dress had bullet holes in the back and front. The police didn't need it so it went in the trash.

I returned the next afternoon and found her sitting up in the bed sipping some water.

She meekly whispered, "Hi"

I said, "Hi, yourself. Are you in much pain?"

She weakly whispered, "Yeah, I hurt all over, Kyle, but no amount of pain medicine will take this pain away. My heart hurts and I'm truly ashamed of what I became for the past couple of months. I couldn't have been more wrong. I can't put the blame totally on you. Yes, I needed the attention I wasn't getting from you but I was weak. I fell for the first man that said hello and seduced me. It's like I went crazy for awhile and it took getting shot to wake me up."

She moved her body around to find a comfortable position and cried out as pain shot through her leg. I instinctively reached for her hand but didn't take it.

"Kyle, there's no amount of apologizing that will fix this. My temporary lover is dead. I know we are finished due to my behavior. The disrespect I showed you is unforgivable. If it's any consolation, we had only met three times. I failed the wife test all three times. We had sex at two of the meetings. I told him just before that woman shot us that I couldn't do this anymore. I told him I wanted to repair my marriage and we would not be meeting again. Little did I know, it was too little, too late. I guess the doctor told you I also have an STD. Just so you'll know, there were no others. I have gonorrhea and he was the source. You and he are the only two men to ever be inside me."

I said, "By the looks of your panties, he was inside you a lot."

Her head went down and tears began to flow again.

"I'm sorry, Donna, that was a cheap shot."

As the tears flowed, she said, "It's ok, I deserved that. I won't lie to you. I was in lust with him, not love. I got off on the intensity of the sex and the volume of cum he could put inside me. I'm so embarrassed. I heard the nurses talking in the ER. They think I'm some kind of road whore. What else were they to think? I'm laying here full of semen and two bullet holes in me. I fit the role. I haven't been told but I'm assuming that was his wife that shot us?"

I said, "Yes, that was Mrs. Roberts. She's in jail on Murder and Attempted Murder charges."

"Kyle, I know this is a stupid question but are you going to file for divorce?"

"What do you think, Donna? What would you do in my shoes?" You did a lot of damage, too much damage even if was fixable. Let's look at the details. Your lover is dead. The man that apparently provided you with awesome sex and an STD. You have wounds that will leave scars that will remind you of your betrayal to me and the family we would have had. A woman is in jail for Murder. There were two murders, Donna. My heart and soul being the other death. They were victims also. So, what do you think? When I look at you, I see somebody I thought I knew but in reality I didn't know you at all. It's like you're someone I used to know. I tried to talk to you but you shut me down that night. I was ready to fix us no matter what it took. Now It's too late."

"Kyle?" She broke down sobbing. "Kyle, I have no place to go."

"Donna, the easy answer is yes, I'm going to file for divorce but there nothing easy about this. All this...this bullshit and misery is in part my fault for not being the husband I should have been. Yes, your response and disrespect were over the top. I can't stay married to you but I can't throw you out while you're down either. The doctor said your leg will require several weeks to heal and start walking again. You can't drive or get around on your own until then. You'll be on crutches. I will fix up the master bedroom to make it easier for you to have access to your necessities until you're better. I will move to the guest room. The divorce will be in progress. Are you agreeable to that? If not, you can make your own arrangements."

She said, "No, Kyle, that's more than generous. I'll try to be as little a burden to you as possible. I will need your help getting to my medical appointments. When I'm discharged, I'll have to come back in ten days to get the stitches removed. Is that ok?"

She started to cry again. "Kyle, I'm in so much pain. My back hurts. My leg is killing me. Could you get the nurse, please?"

The nurse came in and injected some medication into her IV. I immediately saw Donna relax and her eyes close.

She whispered, "I love you, Kyle"

Then she was out. I wanted to kiss her. I just couldn't.

The nurse said, " She'll sleep for awhile now. Don't worry. She's in no pain. "

I walked out of her room and bawled like a baby. "DAMN HER! DAMN HER!"

I went home and contacted a divorce attorney who told me that this is a community property no fault state when it comes to divorce. She could have fucked the whole New York Giant football team and it wouldn't have mattered in court. It will be a fifty-fifty split. The house will be sold if one of us does not buy the other out. All other assets we accumulated over sixteen years would be split down the middle as well as our debts. My attorney drew up the papers for service on my notice to do so.

Donna was in the hospital four days and discharged. She was still weak and very sore but she was handling the crutches well. We spoke very little on the drive home.

She finally said, "Kyle? I'm sorry. So so sorry. "

I was still angry and said, "Yeah, I know, you've said that a number of times. Donna, we're all sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't a good enough husband. Your sorry that you went looking for a dick to satisfy your urges. Our marriage was on life support as it was. You just pulled the plug. Your lover's sorry he's dead and his wife is sorry she killed him or maybe not. Who knows. We're all fucking sorry, Donna. It doesn't change a damn thing. The divorce paperwork is complete. You might want to find you an attorney when you're able. Doesn't matter who you fucked or why, it's a no fault state. As inattentive as I was to you, I was never unfaithful. You tainted our marriage, yourself, and me. How do I stay with you and live with that pain?

She just stared at me with tears rolling down her face.

She said, "So it's really over then. No second chance, no forgiveness, no pleading. Kyle, I made a grave error in judgement. It cost a man his life and I have the scars on my body to remind me of my stupidity. I can only apologize for my irrational behavior. The blame for this fiasco is all mine. Once he started his seduction, I was sucked in like a moth to a flame. I craved his touch. He had a thing for my feet. I found I could be aroused just by him touching and kissing my toes. I liked it. He made love to every part of my body and I responded in kind. He didn't just fuck me and roll over. Kyle, I'm not sure you have that kind of intimacy inside you to give. I found I was dressing sexier and making sure my manicure and pedicure was perfect because I knew his weakness. I used it and he ate it up. I found myself dressing and doing sexy things with him that I never did with you, I kept asking myself why? The things I did should have been for you and us. We were only together three times but I knew there would be many more if I didn't end it then."

"I hoped I hadn't destroyed our marriage but little did I know, the damage had already been done. The icing that topped off my cake after being shot was the STD. I should have known that I wasn't the only one he'd been with. I was too awed by his seduction to believe that. I hope someday, you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I promise not to be a burden to you and be out of your life as soon as I'm back on both feet. Thank you for letting me stay at our home while I recuperate."

He said, "Donna, it's hard listening to you relate how much better sex was with him than me. It's hurtful but lays out my failures in spades as your husband. I hope you find another that can fulfill that need in you that's not attached. Your still a beautiful woman."

"I don't feel beautiful, Kyle. I feel old and used up. I hurt where I shouldn't hurt. I broke your heart and now mine is broken too. I know what a good man you are or my ass would be in a taxi looking for a motel room. I would give anything to make this right and find a path back for us. Laying there in that hospital bed made me realize what I gave up for sex with a man that would have eventually grew tired of me and sent me and my used up pussy packing."

As I walked out of the hospital, I flashed back on how all this started. I opened up my phone and looked at the picture again of Donna and Roberts holding hands as they walked from the motel to the bar. The text said, "The man with your wife is Alex Roberts, a serial seducer. His wife's name is Margaret Roberts. Do what you think is right."

I didn't recognize the number so I didn't then and still don't know who sent the text. I took the burner phone that I used to call Margaret Roberts from the glove box that night and smashed it. Then threw it in a dumpster. How was I supposed to know she was going to enforce the "Til death do us part" bit so soon? I feel bad that Donna got in the way but if she had been at home where she was supposed to be, she wouldn't be laying in a hospital bed as we speak.

The weeks rolled by. Kyle and I only spoke when necessary. I was off the crutches now and using a cane to support my leg, My back and groin are almost healed. I'm sure he'll have me served and ask me to leave soon. I cried myself to sleep every night. I know I'm going to need to seek some mental wellness help at some point. It's strange. Now that I've lost him. Kyle is the only man I want in my life. I can't see another man for me. I didn't love Alex. I loved what his dick did inside me. It would have never gone anywhere all things being normal.

I went back to work when the doctor cleared me to drive. I needed the distraction.

Soon as I limped in the door on my cane, Janet jumped up and hugged me.

Janet said, "Damn, Donna, it's so good to see you. Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Janet. Still a little sore but I'm vertical. I guess that accounts for something. I should be dead and sometimes I wish I were."

She said, "That bad at home?"

I nodded. "I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. I know I will be a divorce statistic soon. Just a matter of time. I destroyed a good man and a good life that I could have made better if I hadn't gone off the deep end to show Kyle that "I am woman. Hear me roar." I can assure you, I wasn't roaring laying in the floor of that bar with two bullet holes in me and my own blood pooling under me."

"Donna, I knew you were playing with fire. I started to say something but I saw the mindset you were in. It would have not stopped you. You started dressing differently for him, you were changing your nail polish regularly for him. I smelled him on you when you came back from lunch that day. I knew you had strayed."

"Water under the bridge now, Janet. I plan to try to find an apartment that I can afford in the next few days and start moving my things there. It's been along time since I lived alone. I'll miss Kyle regardless of the state of our marriage. I hurt him and I have to pay for that. Guess I'll try to see how far I'm behind and get some work done. Thanks for listening."

I had been at work about an hour when Janet said there was a man to see me.

I limped out to her desk and the man said, "Ma'am, are you Donna Dixon?"

"Yes, I'm Donna Dixon."

He handed me a large envelope and said, "You've been served. Have a good day."

Even though I knew it was coming, it was still a shock for it to actually happen. I walked as fast as my sore leg would let me and shut the door. I sat at my desk and sobbed.

I texted Kyle. I'm so, so sorry. I'll,sign the paperwork and get it to your attorney. I'll retain one also but I won't fight you. I want you to find someone that will love you better than I did. I'm looking for an apartment and I'll be out of your hair this weekend. I do still love you. I always will."

Chapter Five

I heard my phone ping and saw a text from Donna. After reading her text I knew she was still hoping for forgiveness and maybe a do over. It was all too fresh for me. There was no way that was going to happen.

I responded, "You'll need help moving. I'll be available to help."

The morning we began moving her to her apartment, I asked, "How's your leg" as I looked at the pink scar where the bullet struck her.

She replied with a weak smile, "It's much better. I'm not using the cane today. Almost walking normal. Thanks for helping me move, Kyle."

Rob5373
Rob5373
876 Followers
12