All Comments on 'Complacency Breeds Infidelity Pt. 02'

by Rob5373

Sort by:
  • 127 Comments
Pac114manPac114manover 3 years ago
It’s unlikely

It’ll be impossible for their relationship to reconcile because Donna is infected with STDs and Kyle failed to be the husband.

Both partners are at fault here, which led to their divorce.

Although, I did like how you let the readers decide whether they reconciled or not.

You should make more of these and let the readers decide on which ending the characters choose. It’ll satisfy both BTB and RAAC readers.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

In this case there is no need to burn the bitch. That is for people who deliberately set out to hurt others, and their actions are evil. In this case she made a mistake ( ok, 2 maybe 3 mistakes) but she paid a high price. For his own sanity and well being, he should get therapy and find someone else. She'll have to live with the regret that her actions destroyed her marriage, and that is something she'll have to face with any future relationships.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 3 years ago

End it. The wooden dialog is played out.

FYI, once the clothes are cut off and have a lot of blood they are thrown out as medical waste not returned in a bag .

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
50/50

I gave it a solid 4*. I debated on my vote (hence the title) for a few min. This one was definitely a tough one to decide on since I in no way condone cheating but sometimes you get your just deserts and this was one of them. Not a fan of the wife because she cheated but I personally felt like kyle was infinitely worse. If you don't feel like your spouse is worth any effort just leave

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Happy

That Alex’s wife took his diseased, cheating ass off the board permanently. No way Kyle should reconcile with the cheating bitch Donna. She was sorry, over and over, but too little, too late. There is no valid reason for cheating. Not Reed’s pet phrase, “if he isn’t taking care of it, someone else will”, or Lue’s innocent, recreational, tryst. No reason ever to cheat, or take your chance and end up like Donna and Alex. Good story, leave it here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Whooo

Well for me who just read for fun not a BTB or RAAC fan

Guess they can start at the most basic level again

Dating knowing each other etc.

Give her a chance everybody makes a mistake she strayed and paid the price

He loves her but can't trust her

So why not date or live together so see how it goes there

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 3 years ago
Of course it’s the fucking end!

He divorced her. There’s no happy ending for them together and she will move on.

What I really hate is that Kyle was guilty of causing the ruckus. She wanted to talk and HE ignored her. For weeks. Then, having moved on, he sees her happy and decides that he wants to work on their marriage but finds out from an anonymous source who happened to have his goddamn cell number but never did anything about it and he, in turn, spoke to the wife who went batshit crazy and killed Alex.

But somehow, we’re supposed to feel sorry for asshole Kyle?

Go fuck your self. And your mother.

Then, to really add the icing on the cake, you leave her a shell and Kyle gets off scot free. Truth is, Kyle is a pussy who wanted his wife dead and the author is a piece of excrement who can’t write a story if his life depended on it.

HighpikeHighpikeover 3 years ago
More mileage

There's more mileage in this well crafted tale, whichever way it goes. I don't see a reconciliation that seeks restoration but the BTB route is simply hate fuelled and self destructive.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

Well done. I am leaning to forgiving her. Maybe leave her for a year then they bump into each other and rekindle their relationship. From part 1 I remember he was a bit of a dick and is partly responsible for her being shot. Maybe his guilt and really missing her would be enough. On the other hand she shouldn't have cheated. If, before she cheated, she had demanded he sit down and talk / see a marriage counsellor or the marriage was over perhaps they would have gotten through the bad time. In the end it's just another sad tale of two people who actually love each other being stupid in different ways.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

"All this...this bullshit and misery is in part my fault for not being the husband I should have been."

one star, aside from cheating first there is never a reason to cheat, the only person to blame is the cheater

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

Time for Kyle to trade in the old slut for a younger model. He can be a better husband for someone hot and new.

How could he ever reconcile with the scarred up whore? Every time she was naked, he'd see reminders of the time she betrayed him.

brownmobbrownmobover 3 years ago
I vote No

Too public, too many scars, too many reminders, I just don't see them getting a second go, maybe friends in the future, But........

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It sounds stupid, but I'd try counseling for couples. They are both hurting badly and she maybe learned a very painful lesson. Hopefully she can be the wife he richly deserves, and I believe she's ready to prove it... After all, all they do is cry being apart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

For the love of God, learn the difference between your and you're! Every time you needed you're, you used your!

This was, boring, drawn out for some unknown reason in to 2 chapters, should have just posted it as one.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

Screw the myopic BTB and RAAC crowds and write the ending for yourself, as your characters dictate to you. Good story so far, but I do think it needs a coda. Thanks for your story.

mindmeld31mindmeld31over 3 years ago
Move on

Yes, she loves him, but admits he is a sub-par lover. Some couples may not find that to be an important part of their marriage, but apparently she does, or she wouldn't have cheated and announced her intention to maintain the second relationship as long as it would last.

They're incompatible. Time to move on.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 3 years ago

Euh... NO.

Wanna know what those two really? Not getting back together... but counseling. They need to find a way to forgive themselves for what they both did to their marriage, rebuilt their own self-esteem, and find the confidence to move on with their respective lifes.

What happened to Donna's plan to go see a therapist as soon as she leaves the hospital? If she did, doesn't look like it did her any good.

Anyway, this marriage is as dead as Alex. Those two probably wouldn't make the same mistakes, a second day time around, but the mere memory of those bad days will poison any relationship they would try to rebuilt. Thankfully, no kids were caught in the middle of this mess, so they can just make a clear break, and maybe find a more suitable life partner for themselves.

In general, the best thing to do, after a bad breakup, is TO MOVE ON. So please, author... just let them.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
The second chapter did not match the first

Kyle did this to himself; Donna had told him that he needed to up his game, and what did he do? He had an angel on one shoulder telling him yeah, do something about it, and a devil on the other, saying no, spend time with his buddies.

When he needed to man up, he didn’t. And now he’s pissed off at his wife because he didn’t do his job as her husband and someone else did.

So, he’s divorced now, and alone. Sure, he might stumble upon another woman who likes him, but while he might up his game for the short term to win her, once he does he’ll fall into the same rut that left Donna frustrated and getting some strange.

I’m harder on men than women in my comments because I’ve seen this shit happen so many times before: men who won their wives with romance then giving it up and falling into a rut, drinking with the boys when they should have been taking care of their wives. I’ve seen it because I’m the guy who fucked their wives! I’m decent looking but no Robert Redford. I was employed but not rich. When you run into these women, it doesn’t take that much effort, almost none at all, because their husbands have neglected them so much.

Yeah, it’s a rush when you fuck someone else’s wife, but it’s a rush anytime you fuck someone new. And if it’s somehow a victory over another man when you fuck his wife, it really isn’t much of one, because he had already quit fighting. It doesn’t take much to be better in bed than a husband who’s given up trying.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 3 years ago
You don't seem to understand what happens in a divorce.

If he is still living in the Matramonial home, did he purchase her 50%? All that stuff about her not having a place to go after the hospital was rubbish. She could go to her home. Kyle could always move out! (Until the asset situation is finalised by the divorce and the house sold.) Kyle simply implying that SHE has to move out is rubbish.

Kyle mentioned that they wouldn't be having the family they had planned. Duh! You have to be having sex to do have a family. How old was he actually? 85? He certainly sounds like it. Sex once a month? Or longer. Perhaps he was gay or pansexual after all.

Yes, she was a cheating slut. Yes, divorce after that is almost a certainty with any normal couple. He had an opportunity to step in and call her out. He didn't take it. The weak coward just informed the other guys wife, to avoid conflict perhaps.

Oh FFS. Learn the difference between "your" and "you are" (you're) It grates every time it appears, in error. (numerous times)

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"the family we would have had" - In Pt 1 he didn't want the responsibility of a family.

/

For someone who wants to reconcile she shouldn't be gushing so much about how Alex made love to her.

/

No, no way back for them. BTB? No, she's paid the consequences for her actions. RAAC? She's paid to much for this to be a RAAC, even if they DID get back together.

/

BTW, you need an editor.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 3 years ago

No second chance, Kyle needs to find a better woman.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 3 years ago

Neither BTB nor RAAC is warranted in this case, let the pieces fall where they are. They both need to rebuild themselves individually and get on with their lives, separately.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

“Should I end the story or not?”

“IS this the end, or not?”

Dude. Have a plan.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Open endings are tricky. When skillfully handled, they can leave us intrigued by the various future possibilities. For a scenario as common as this, it just feels a bit deflated, though. Then again, I'm not invested enough in the characters to care too much how they end up, so might as well leave it open. At least it wasn't multiple endings, those are the worst.

ShadowRosieShadowRosieover 3 years ago

Sadly, it takes two to tango. There's always a reason. If Jill strays, maybe it isn't all her. It may be that Jack (or George, or Bill) isn't keeping up his end of that marriage either. One person can't prop up an entire house alone. I actually think she'd be better off going another way if she's going to be blamed every time she breathes. Husbands sometimes think they caught their fish so why keep fishing. They don't think about the fish being special or needing companionship and love or sexy games or loving touches. Guys, grow up or your love may stray.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 3 years ago

I would say no, entirely too much water under that bridge. As for the BTB? She's already in a hell of her own making, best to just walk away and forge ahead with building new, but separate lives.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

Part 1 of the story was good, but this part 2 lost me. There is no way that the police would report their investigation even to the husband of the victim, and the STD was just a little unbelievable. Once I got to those points in the story, I lost interest. But, the husband ignored his wife even after she begged him for attention. The wife should have just divorced the guy, but the affair is understandable. Marriage is a two-way street.

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 3 years ago
Ehhh...

Look, I know your piece is free for us to read and I feel bad having to do this to you, but your writing style needs help. You use the first person for different people, all in the same segment of the story and it is confusing as hell.

The story was interesting, but the reality is different. Most cheaters (85%) are never caught or discovered. And they rarely feel remorse. The decision to cheat and betray is made before they do. Should they cheat? Hell no! But they are only upset they got caught. Not that they cheated. The "I lost a good man" thing rarely crosses their mind. I worked in a department full of women for twenty years. Five were admitted cheaters and not one had any remorse. A few women shunned them, but the rest only asked for cheating tips. There is no incentive for women not to cheat unless they have a moral compass. They get the kids, the house, and half the assets.

As for serial seducers... no matter how good a guy is at seduction, a woman has a choice. These women CHOSE to cheat. Willingly. They know EXACTLY what they are doing. No one uses a Jedi mind trick on them. If anything, they seduce the men.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Glad they divorced

No way could he stay married and nurse her back to health and then carry on like they both made a mistake.

My vote is they do not get back together. She may be sorry but she has some serious issues. He also has issues.

As others have said the scars are there as a reminder. Every time he see's her naked he will remember how she got the scars. He will remember how she did this because he neglected her (so she says) and he will remember the car ride where she told him in between sobs how much better the sex was with Alex and how she did things with Alex that she never did with him. That would cause an immediate deflation of any erection. Unless he just gets off on treating her like a paid whore and just bangs away with anger and not love. That is no marriage.

How about her future? She also will see the scars and think of her loss. They may serve as a reminder to never cheat again but will she keep a man? Sure, guys will hit on her but they will no doubt ask how she got the scars. If she is honest and tells the story most if not all guys will bail. Sure, they will have sex. But they won't see her as wife material.

For BTB guys her living like that is a good burn. Rather than die she suffers. For the RAAC crowd I think best that can happen is over time they are social with each other as in polite hellos when they bump into each other.

dc6370dc6370over 3 years ago

Ok, STD lesson time. A male infected with gonorrhea experiences painful and frequent urination. He also has a nice and sexy yellowish penile discharge. Having sex with that happening? Try again. If you have gonorrhea, you are making a beeline to your doctor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

what does it take to allow equity to come into play. The options of the other couple is gone. The hint of his involvement is there. There is the unknown sender of the text; was it Janet? So one thread is she still works, Kyle and Janet get together and from there two paths diverge ina snowy woods .....BTB / RAAC

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Mr Sworder wrote:

"How could he ever reconcile with the scarred up whore? Every time she was naked, he'd see reminders of the time she betrayed him."

And that reminder should cause him to man up and be a better husband, but really, he never will be. He was perfectly happy getting sex once every couple of months and otherwise neglecting his wife; why would anyone ever think he wouldn't fall right back into the same pattern with a new wife?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
ScorpioJJ wrote:

"No second chance, Kyle needs to find a better woman."

For Kyle, that means a woman who's satisfied with sex once every month or so.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
In Philadelphia, . . .

. . . Carson Wentz signed the big contract as quarterback of the Eagles, but this past season, he just failed. Led the NFL in interceptions, despite not playing the last four games, and won only three games in eleven starts. Yet, once he was benched, he cried about it, and now wants to be traded.

Dude got benched because he FAILED! When it was time to perform, he didn't. And now his precious little feelings are hurt, so he wants to get away.

Of course, nobody is cutting him any slack, because it was his own damned fault that he got benched.

And, in this story, it's Kyle's own damned fault that he got benched. When it came time for him to perform, he wouldn't even get out on the field. If nobody has any sympathy for Carson Wentz, why would they have sympathy for Kyle in this story?

At least Mr Wentz has something of an excuse; the offensive line for the Eagles has been an injury-riddled disaster, but at least he got out on the field and tried. Kyle had no excuse.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago
Hell No

Donna neither loved nor respected Kyle despite her claims too. After getting busted the first time she just had to taste the forbidden fruit again. Hell, she even told him he was a subpar lover. No real man could look at himself every morning in the mirror if he took her back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
And that's a quandary

At least their were no children to consider.

Honestly, the old relationship is over; could the forge forward with a new one would be the question. As a couple probably not. As friends there would be some potential but, they would be mentally having regrets for the rest of their lives.

A good question would be if they could find enough forgiveness in each other to be able to forge ahead with any type of relationship; even just as friends?

They are currently miserable by hemselves; is it just a temporary mindset, will they be able to move forward as individuals?

The story would lead us to believe that there is still a lot of love in the relationship; they could probably move forward as friends. Given enough healing time; anything maybe possible???

tangledweedtangledweedover 3 years ago

First - Reed Richards is bragging about cuckolding husbands who neglect their wives? Haven't read much of his work, but from that comment alone I am begin to see why he is despised by so many.

Second - If you leave the story ending without a direction as to the couple's future relationship, that is one thing. Stories can be left open, so the reader can imagine it their own way, but many readers don't like unfinished business. To leave it unfinished and then tell us their obvious options, is just redundant and condescending.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 3 years ago

Reconciliation is not RAAC.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

Nope. Let it go. Too much to overcome.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 3 years ago

I had questions after part one, no you didn't really answer them. I am a firm believer that sometimes men and women make mistakes and the first thought shouldn't be burn the person. Donna had a problem that she was keeping in check until Alex showed up at her office. Would Donna have cheated with someone else is debatable. Alex was a smooth talker, and Donna wasn't the only one who had fallen under his spell.

As everyone here lately has stated, the bad blood between Kyle and Dona can't be cleared up until the scales have be balanced. Kyle needs to meet woman C for at least three times to even things up. Then, maybe with some counseling, they could start over. Donna needs to learn to read the room and realize that the sex with Alex was only better because she wasn't supposed to be doing it.

If I had a choice, I would take boring sex to exciting sex with STDs. You can always come up with new ways to make boring sex better if you want to. I vote for Kyle getting laid a few times, Donna going with out for the same time and then starting over from square one with a pre-nup.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

she was a whore nothing more needs to be said

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You ought to finish this in your way...

The way you've written this, I can see a final segment in which they both stay stuck in lonely single lives, but I also think this was written well enough that you could sell a reconciliation (NOT a "RAAC"). Her repentance is genuine, and she didn't stray that far, while Kyle recognizes that he could have prevented her stupidity just by investing a bit more in the marriage.

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97over 3 years ago
A bit over the top

So the shooting was a bit dramatic, not completely over the top but definitely not run of the mill. Having said that I think you struck the perfect balance with Kyle between hating his cheating wife and loving his wife. He could not stop loving her but he hated what she did so much that it ruined his forever after. I think most cheating situations end without the drama for BTB or RAAC. Both are a bit over the top in the reaction to cheating. Most people are just disgusted and end the situation with anger and bitterness but without the need to destroy the offender or the ability to just get over the pain caused by the infidelity and to take the offending spouse back into their loving arms.

I rarely ever read a story I would pin about as close to real life as possible(with the exception of the shooting) and I think the story ends here right where it should. Both parties devastated and unhappy and will be for a very long time.

Welcome to the wonderful world of cheating on your spouse where the only prizes won are a lifetime of pain and heartache. Sure it fades over time but this kind of devastation never truly leaves you.

Great story, and well written. Keep em coming if there are any more like this one left in your tank.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
ManoBlue wrote:

"No! Only way for him to give her a second chance is for go to smash multiply women to cure his betrayed heart and pride"

If he was able to "smash multiply women", then he should have been able to fuck his own wife when she wanted it, assuming that by "smash,' you meant "fuck". His "betrayed . . . pride" was betrayed by himself, because he wouldn't take care of his wife.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
The good soldier from the 26th North Carolina Regiment said:

"There is no valid reason for cheating. Not Reed’s pet phrase, “if he isn’t taking care of it, someone else will”, or Lue’s innocent, recreational, tryst. No reason ever to cheat, or take your chance and end up like Donna and Alex."

Do you disagree that if a husband isn't taking care of business at home, some else will certainly try? At least in this story, Donna told her husband that he wasn't getting it done. She said, in Chapter one, "Kyle, I love you but I need to feel loved too and I don't. The times we make love...no, I should say have sex, I get the feeling that you're just going through the motions. Get on, get off and get off, if you know what I mean. There's no affection, no romance, you put it in, leave a mess inside me and maybe, once in awhile, I have an orgasm usually with my own fingers doing the work afterwards. That's not making love, Kyle."

She did everything but tell him that if he wasn't going to do better, someone else would.

Rocky62Rocky62over 3 years ago

Well if they miss each other this much then are they better apart or together?

cybojicybojiover 3 years ago
I vote no

Put her on the curb. Fire an rpg at her. Lol. Good story. 5

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 3 years ago
Well written, but weird story

Well written, but weird story. I can not understand how a couple in their thirties is having so little sex. They are missing the unique communication sex gives to young, healthy couples. They have no children and are not busy raising them. Why did Kyle stop having sex with his wife and giving her sexual satisfaction? Disinterest? Lost libido? Lack of sexual attraction to his wife? They do not act like a couple in their age range, but like a couple much older in their sixties or seventies. They may love each other, but they do not act like couples in love. He's to blame for her infidelity due to his sexual inattention and she for her weakness. No, there is no future here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
NO yo getting back together.

Yes to the Alex's wife escaping from prison and finishing the job.

WvrjjrWvrjjrover 3 years ago
Good story, 5*0

My vote, while normally for BTB (writ large), would like to see if they could salvage the 16 years.

I suspect it will be at least 2 to1 for Btb.

Thanks

Wayne

Rw43Rw43over 3 years ago

My first response is to call you a criticism-avoiding coward. It's your story, your characters, your plot. YOU end it.

But on second thought, you specifically constructed this plot to make either resolution possible. So I'll play.

But one explanation first: the LW commentariat--and you-- uses these BtB and RAAC acronyms as though they were common occurrences. They are not. They are unlawful or extreme degrees of response far beyond the necessary "just live one day at a time while seeking a new source of happiness." Family, civil and criminal law are all designed to prevent Burning the Bitch, and life, reality and common sense all prevent Reconciliation At Any Cost. In order for anyone, real or fictional, to achieve either one, they must throw caution to the wind, along with any plans for their own wellbeing in the future. Yes, this is also true of RAAC, because, while some degree of reconciliation can be achievable based on the types of betrayal, the relationship and the personalities, the At Any Cost part implies that the victim feels like he has no better options than to take back a cheater. Therefore, the RAACer has no expectations that the cheater will stop cheating; only that the victim feels like he cannot survive without the coexistence of the cheater.

Besides, you asked the question as though it were an Either/or. It's not. Since Kyle has already burned his wife once, your question should be Both/and.

I say yes to Both. Having burned her and gottenaway with it, he is free to assuage his own guilt by reconciling with her (and keeping his role secret re. her lover's death.) She will never cheat again. She might order every toy in the Adam&Eve catalogue if his testosterone levels keep dropping, but there will never be another man.

After all, isn't that what LW readers expect of the wives? Appreciation out of guilt?

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 3 years ago

Your POV change was a little shaky in a few spots, but a good story breaks through that barrier.

In my humble opinion, stridency in life is a luxury in life that few can afford. We all err, we all need to learn the power of redemption and forgiveness. As Kyle shows us, you must forgive number one, first.

Life beats us all. Hemingway said that life breaks us all, regardless of our how strong we are; it just takes longer to break the strong. The point he makes is that when we grow back, that like a bone, we grow back stronger in the broken places.

The bad things in my life have tempered me, made me better, only after I stopped hating, crying and bitching and found the lessons contained, therein. Forgiveness, as it exists, bestows equally on the forgiver and on the forgiven. Love may not overcome all, but it's better than a whatever is in second place, especially if it's a team of two or more!

Finally, the worst battles I fought are those within me. And ultimately, those are the ones from which I very nearly grasped defeat from the jaws of victory (hat tip: Pogo).

Fine writing, great storytelling, believable characters. I can see this as a film plot.

Legio Patria Nostra!

Rgds,

TSF

COYSCOYSover 3 years ago

Don’t Understand

Rolando said it well. Why didn’t they enjoy a sex life together? “Without sex there is no love”. She strayed, no excuse, but he was an awful husband. Who would want to be married to him? This story is a good lesson in how not to treat your spouse. Thank you

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 3 years ago

Reed, you must have a stake in this game. I agree that Kyle didn't do his best, but maybe, just maybe Donna should have done something besides laying down with Alex because he sucked her toes. If Donna was unhappy as you think she was, she could have gone down and gotten a separation order to wake up Kyle, then he could have shit or got off the pot.

Both were wrong on many levels in this story, if either want to play the blame game they could go on to eternity. Anyone that has been in a union for a long time understands it takes two to tango and in this case they both had two left feet.

As far as an ending to the story, do they ever have an ending that everyone can agree on? If writer said that a nuke went off and everyone died, someone out there would say, "Then how can you have a story, nobody lived". You just can't please everyone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Some are, Some aren't.

Forgiveness is different from one person to the next. I'm not a very forgiving person

but I'm pretty depressed also. Go figure!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Good story

Old theme but well told. It went the way it should have, the cad died, the marriage died, and the survivors feel as though they are dead.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

He did the right thing.

Any chance of there being anything for them together further down the line would take a lot of time and work, which would include a good deal of counseling. And that would just be a "chance" at best.

Craig1878Craig1878over 3 years ago

I very much enjoyed this story. Thank you for writing and sharing it with us. Kyle dropping a dime to Margaret Roberts is akin to throwing a hand grenade in my opinion. Would love to see you delve into possible regrets on Kyle's part for doing that. Hell I'm a sucker for a happy ending. Why not continue so we get a firm conclusion?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A shot at RAAC with changes in both parties.

Donna needs to make Alex more aware of her needs, not just by words but by actions that inspire the changes she needs and spark the emotional love he no longer feels while Alex needs to show his wife that she is still the only woman he loves in ways that make her feel special and truly loved and not just his sexual partner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
She was filth

Divorce him if he's not getting it done. But cheating is dishonor.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

This chapter is actually better than the first and that one was very good. I'm neither a BTB or RAAC kind of person as each situation deserves a distinct solution. You don't go into why after 16 years there were no children and they were struggling in their marriage even before the affair. It's your story so I can only guess at what your intent was with the characters. You did an excellent job portraying the pain and sorrow of the characters, so I sympathize with Donna's true remorse. With no kids in play and serious relationship/communication problems already, the affair was simply the final nail in the coffin, so to speak. I do hope you write one more chapter, but as much as I love a happy ending, I couldn't see myself staying married to her. I leave the ending up to you. Well done and worth the 5*!

YouamiYouamiover 3 years ago

Rob, I think you had your central male character far too obliging to his slut of a wife, especially as you had her regale both him and your readers with just how blissful sex was with the cheating scumbag. After that vivid description of what floated her boat, just how would a cheated on partner react?! Trust me, they are done...were done way before the shooting. Forget the idea of another chapter...it would serve no real purpose.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago
PoV

Bouncing around from Sweetie’s point of view to Hubby’s without zan obvious clue is really impolite or careless! Bad enough when it is clear. Just depending on a feminine pronoun to let We-The-Readers know it is Hubby narrating and vice versa (sometimes only several sentences into the paragraph) is just odd!

The revelation that Hubby put Bull’s sweetie on their trail is also unnecessary AND a problem ... it means that Hubby invested a lot of time and resources into getting Bull’s name and data. That when he could have been watching a game and quaffing beer at a bar with his buds!

3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I know your questions will bring out the nazis on both sides. The simple fact is that there IS nothing simple about it.

When she brought it up at first he should have been better prepared to answer. There were 2 people in the marriage and having ones head up their ass is not a very good excuse. Still, it doesn't excuse an affair. After their first talk though Kyle's next couple days should have involved a lot of self examination: did he still love her and want to be married to her? If the answers were yes, he should at least have had a couple of answers to her original question : what do you love about me. Then she would have seen that she was important to him and they could have had a start to fixing what was broke. They were equally responsible for their marriage, equally responsible for the damage. Thank you for a thought provoking story, sadly one I and others have lived through. I look forward to more in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
He doesn't love her anymore

He loves the memories. Period. He's accepted his role in the marriage breakdown, but makes a clear distinction between his part and hers. While he ignored their failing marriage, so did she.

But she also cheated. It takes a special kind of twisted love to betray your spouse. It's entitlement, it's disrespect, it's a lot of things. But it's not love. You don't cheat out of love. You don't risk tearing out your lover's heart...out of love. You do it because you love yourself FAR more than your spouse.

He recognizes this, he understands she loves him less than he does her. He's made peace with that.

She's a wreck, on the other hand. She'll have to make peace with being the 'bad guy'. She prolly thinks she's a good person until she got caught. "No one's getting hurt" is the attitude, until someone does. Women are different to men. Him helping her AND divorcing her both reinforce him as a respectable man. All the disrespect she HAD for him is gone now. Ironically she'd respect him less if he took her back. She's more in love with him now that he's done with her because he loved himself too much to put up with her disrespect. She's also still a little bit selfish, begging for him to take her back...and all the PAIN that comes with it. She says he deserves better, but she still begs him to take her back, knowing she is the source of him pain. So she's still entitled. She's growing up slowly, and him divorcing her is part of that growing up.

Add to that the trauma of almost DYING, and she's gonna be a basket case for a while. And that's normal, because we don't normally get almost executed. But it ties into her cheating so perfectly, that it'll hold two kinds of ptsd.

But people are people. In an ideal world, he marries a sweet young thing, and never neglects her. She spends years recovering and growing up.....this time without feeling like she's OWED companionship...until she can finally find a nice older guy to settle with. Because there is WAY too much pain and trauma for them, the healthiest thing they can have with eachother is some sick co-dependence where they fight like mad one day, and cling to each other the next for fear of the unknown. that's best case for them if they date again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sure, why not? There is no Wrong way to conduct a successful relationship.

The first marriage is dead. Fine. Accept it.

As was stated in the story, their first marriage was pretty much ended before she started fucking around. Seems odd that the impetus to regain a lost relationship is the loneliness and regret that follows adultery and divorce. I wonder how often that behavior leads to reestablished trust and respect?

But if they are stupid enough, or courageous enough, or naive enough, why not try to establish a new relationship? Currently they don't have anything to lose, except their loneliness and their regret.

Maybe they'll find happiness with each other, or some other. A good author can make either option compelling and entertaining. Good luck to whomever tries.

And thanks for the effort.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Well written.

My vote, I’m usually a BTB man, but taking into consideration that you have put together such a great story I feel they should start over again. A fresh beginning.

They have both suffered and both learnt bitter lessons. Start again, and rebuild, both have been punished enough.

Scores 5/5

eightytuneseightytunesover 3 years ago

Some therapy could sway a chance at reconciliation. After all, they so fondly love each other. Separately, they cry for the life, the marriage they had, so reconciliation could be a new start to a *new* marriage, together. That's my vote.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

The biggest problem I have with this story is the lack of sex without any reason. A normal man is his 30s would want to have sex at least 3 - 4 times a week. You state he only wants sex once per month, if that. WHY??? There has to be something to cause it. Based on the story it wasn't always that way, so what changed? You really need to answer/explain the reason for that before you can continue the story. Was it a temporary condition that will be resolved, or is his lack of sex permanent?

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
Agree with 26th NC, dump her...

Disagree with RR... Yes she did express her unhappiness, but her husband did say he would do better. Granted, he didn't improve fast enough to suit her, but the guy was just told that he wasn't getin' it done, not something easy for a guy to hear. It would have been reasonable to give him some time and encouragement, but what she did was with in 2 weeks. She meets this guy, and began a plan to have Alex seduce her. It was something that she wanted, because even prior to her fucking Alex, Kyle tried to up his game which pissed her off, because that interfered with her maintaining in her mind that the husband was to blame for the upcoming affair.

She could have walked away, but chose to cheat, even with hubby trying to step up.

What future would Kyle have? Every time he saw those scars, he would get to live with the memory of her betrayal. What if he became a victim to prostate cancer & loses his ability to fuck... she gets a fuck buddy? In sickness & in health? BTB.

bioman57bioman57over 3 years ago

A lot of unknown information, questions to hbe answered. And it also needs an ending that makes sense

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sure, why not get them back together?

But after he's left town for 5 or maybe 10 years, and she doesn't hear a thing about or from him until her returns.

Then after they meet, he rocks her world even better than her late lover did.

She falls for him, and he tells her: "Sorry, but it was just sex. You killed my heart when you slept with that bastard. have a nice life".

Rob5373Rob5373over 3 years agoAuthor
Thank you all for responding and commenting

I’m really impressed and humbled by the many comments by my readers. Thank you. Some of you think I need to finish it one way or the other. If I do that I’m gonna get hate mail from the BTB crowd and thanks from the happy ending crowd. I love happy endings. I’m not sure this story can have one to everyone’s satisfaction. I hope some of you looked over my grammatical errors. I get blasted from time to time about the your and you’re usage of which I’m quite aware of but a few get by me once in a while. One reader was raving about that. I reread it and found two of those that I missed. Those writing errors do not affect the story and I’m by no means a professional writer. We all make them. I’m glad most of you liked the story and your suggestions on how it should go. I felt the story could be a real life story. It’s really hard to come up with a theme in this category that hasn’t been written about by someone. I keep trying to put my own twist into old themes. Yes, some of you like. my little foot fetish thing and some don’t but it’s my thing and I’m sticking to it. lol. To me it’s part of the seduction and making sure every sensual part of a woman. Again, thanks for reading

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@KittyCampbell Re: "Reconciliation is not RAAC." - Correct, a RAAC is a Reconciliation, but a Reconciliation isn't necessarily a RAAC. Sometimes I think RAAC is misnamed, that it should be RANC, Reconciliation At No Cost, i.e. at no cost to the cheater.

BoytitsBoytitsover 3 years ago

I could never go back every time I would go to make love to her I would think about how much she loved her STD boyfriends dick. Still liked the story *4* and thanks again for writing.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Dragonmann said that I . . .

. . . must have a stake in this game. Well, perhaps in the past, I did, because I’m the asshole who fucked a few, four to be precise, of those unfulfilled married women. In this story and the scratching her itch one, I recognize those cheated on husbands, because like in these two stories I got the benefit of lazy husbands.

I’m married now, so I don’t screw around anymore; I don’t need to go looking for some strange. But those four poor husbands, none of whom I ever met, taught me a lesson: don’t neglect your wife.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
My only question is

Why is it always the one who got cheated on fault? The blame should be placed completely on the cheater. But it’s funny how when a man cheats, it’s all his fault. He’s a got damn dog. But when she cheats it someone’s fault. Or life is to blame, you both work but life some how got in the way. Every body but her.

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
NOW FOR THE PERKS FROM CH 1

one must while using the good the bad and "worser" must also be accepted as a I Told You So. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
He left first...

I don't blame her at all, he abandoned her. Jesus said there were two reasons he would accept to end a marriage, abandonment and infidelity. He left if first, she just accepted it. If he had been doing his job as a husband then she would not have been easy pray for the seducer. Good shot by the wife though. Good on her.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Reed Richards

You sir, have admitted many times that you are, or have been, a scoundrel who preyed on weak, disgruntled, cheating whores. I don’t hold that against you at all. You boast that you got away with it unscathed and totally undetected. You also brag that you take such good care of Mrs. Richards that she has no reason to stray. I ask, how can you be certain of your success? Are you sure that some predatory dog, just as careful, and sneaky as you claim that you were, has not been crapping in your yard? I’m kidding, of course, but how can anyone ever be sure? There has to be trust, and belief in the commitment of your spouse to the marriage. I don’t dispute your contention of lack of love and attention at all, I just maintain that there is a right way to fix this, or exit the marriage. There is just no excuse for cheating by either partner.

jakie1jakie1over 3 years ago
Another Chance

Please one more chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another chance

Bring a husband that was cheated on I understand the pain. I to had to forgive myself to forgive her

We had a second chance to get it right i think Donna should have a se chance also we learned from our mistakes we both made. Donna did some bad things but don't we all deservcond a second chance

sdc97230sdc97230over 3 years ago
They were incompatible from the start

If your partner has to actually work at satisfying your needs and doesn't actually share them, you're with the wrong person. If you put critical importance on fidelity and your partner doesn't, then you're with the wrong person.

She should have divorced him first and THEN gone out looking for someone who would satisfy her needs without having to be nagged about doing it.

Nothing in this story suggests that either one of them has become a different person and getting back together would be a mistake for both of them. She would be better off with a new partner whose needs are better matched to hers and he would be better off with a new partner who won't cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

She allowed herself to cheat. If a wife can’t dill with what is happening in her marriage she should file for a divorce before she cheats. Let’s face it she is only sorry she got caught. Each time she was with the other man it was of her own free will. If her husband had done the same thing she would have divorced him. Once a cheat always a cheat.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 3 years ago
hmm

a diff kyle from the first part. dialog reads like robots. so weird how someone can have some good written stories then bad ones idk maybe u had really good editors on them good ones. this one, seems u are de-evolving. the actual story was boring

FabGMxFabGMxover 3 years ago
Good One.

Both husband and wife were at fault. Yes the husband neglect his partner for sometime maybe years even. Was that neglect product of him devote himself to his work or just simply complacency for having a good marriage?. The wife... that was the first time that brougt her complains about the state of their marriage, or was just one of many similar conversations?

Either way the marriage was already in critical condition because the two of them stop to communicated as a couple, forgot the romance even if it was for a nigth at week (romance, not sex), in the end the result was predictable. The husband even with his faults was loyal to the vows, she doesnt. And we have a painful separation, but with both of them managed to still get the respect and some of affect for the other.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 3 years ago
Situation not as bad as some might think

16 years of marriage is a long time, and the cheating was intense but brief. No love involved. The husband admits he neglected her, they both love each other. Hhe might insist they tell each other what they think is hot, and agree in advance to indulge each other. The lover is dead and the wife traumatized with an STD to boot make it unlikely she will cheat again.

Chilleywilley

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Your ending is perfect. Asshole dies, and slut is punished!!! Perfect!!!

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
26thNC asked:

How can I be certain that my wife hasn’t cheated on me? Obviously I can’t be absolutely certain, in that I don’t monitor her every move, and LW is full of stories in which the husband was flabbergasted to find out that his wife had strayed. It’s always possible: my wife is sixty now, and attractive enough at her age that if she wanted to, she could.

All I can do is avoid the mistakes we keep reading about here, to not give her a reason to cheat. I think I’ve been pretty successful in that, but you’re right, I cannot know that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story needs another Chapter.

Your stories are very good and so I think that this needs to have a final chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The story ended tragically

but it is over. and I might admit somewhat realistically.

So just learn to close a story a little better.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 3 years ago

Decent story. a little too much switching perspectives to make it a great read. wife fucked up, paid the price everybody lost. Just wonder who sent the text that told Kyle his wife was cheating.

JetskibumJetskibumover 3 years ago
Love through the mistakes

Another chance, but make her pay....

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

My vote is that there is a small chance for reconciliation, but only if the husband finds out, why he has a extremly low sex drive. And the wife has to find out why she couldn't control her urges. Both have to get in therapy and maybe then thy could start a new relationship. Otherwise the husband has to find a new wife who isn't interested in much sex.

Canman1960Canman1960over 3 years ago

Let them work it out

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good plot idea and so so ending

If Rob5373 doesn’t end this tale then each reader can continue it in their mind.

I liked the plot idea. The dialogue was not well done. The two angels on husband’s shoulders were not sufficient explanation of his lack of effort for a relationship or his lack of sex drive. Not realistic that wife as described would jump immediately into sex with a guy she has no emotional attachment.

As written husband gets no sympathy from me. I think wife is better off free and moving on with her life. Nothing in the story gave any reason why she loved husband or would miss him. Lazy writing to have her suddenly missing him and emotionally devastated.

MormonJackMormonJackover 3 years ago
Love following this story

The story is great. Thank you.

I think (and wish) that this story might have been a bit better if the POV's between Kyle and Donna were more clearly delineated. I was reading Donna's thoughts and then about a text showing a picture of Donna and Alex leaving a motel. Yes, I figured out that there was a transition in the POV, but not after experiencing confusion as to what was going on. Once I realized, I read what about Kyle's "hand" in what transpired - that was new info that Kyle's going to have to live with. Then it was back to Donna's POV. Anyway, it would have been easier for me to have some cue that the POV was changing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

There is no onward link to part 3.

/

Again the same mistakes as always, their, there, they're.... not opening and closing speech marks properly.... switching between narrator without any indication.

/

You obviously write for yourself and show that you have no respect for your readers as 2 years and 28 stories on you are (you're) still making so many basic errors. Errors that Grammarly or Hemingway would catch a lot of.

/

Your dialogue at times reads like something out of Police Squad.

/

Shame cos you have some decent ideas that with a little care (learning and using tools) and humility (taking advice and asking for help) could be very good.

/

While I can imagine nurses gossiping in the staff room, no professional would.

/

Can't imagine police giving that much info before finding out more themselves.

/

What Donna did was wrong, no arguing with that. If her marriage was dead she should have left Kyle, but that would have made a boring story.

/

Kyle however, you or he try to make out what a good guy he is, when he's a cunt.

He's not man enough to get Donna to listen, he's not man enough to confront her about the picture, he's happy to tell Alex's wife leave it at that.

Why have her served at work when he knows where she will be otherwise.

/

What the hell was the end all about? Your vote? It's your story, you tell us, if that's it, divorced and walk into the sunset, so be it.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRob5373@Rob5373
Hi, I’ve been reading Literotica for years. Very much into the Romance, Loving Wives, and Erotic couplings categories. I have a bit of a foot and leg fetish which my stories reflect. Nothing like a lady in stockings and heels. I don’t give the incest, bestiality or any of the...