Complacency Breeds Infidelity Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I said, "Donna, if we're done here, I think I'll go get something to eat, grab a beer and watch a ball game down at The Saloon."

She said, " You know? You don't have to go. I can make you something to eat and maybe we could talk?"

"Thanks but no, thanks. I better go. Good bye, Donna."

"Bye, Kyle. I love you."

The divorce became final on a Friday, ninety days after she moved out. We both received the final decree. Sixteen years of marriage down the shitter.

I chose to sit at home and get blitzed. I found out the next morning that Jose Cuervo was no friend of mine. I knew I would have to die to feel better. I forced some dry toast and coffee down and went for a walk. There was a park about a half mile from our house where Donna and I used to go. We would sit, talk, and hold hands before things started going down hill. As I approached the park, I saw her sitting on one of the benches crying.

I said, "You too, huh. This place drew me to it this morning with memories of better times for us."

She just continued to cry and finally said, "Kyle, I miss you so damn much. I want to turn back the clock six months and say this never happened but it did. I've found I have no life without you and I'm not handling it very well. All I do is cry, here, at home, at the office, I cry."

"I know, Donna. We were each others rock for a lot of years until we weren't. It's not something you turn off because you're hurt. My anger has subsided. Now I feel only deep loss. I had to learn to forgive myself before I could forgive you. We let our marriage get away from us through neglect. We should have recognized it and worked harder. Instead, we let the devil rule our relationship. Me by neglecting your needs and you by allowing another into your body. I miss you too...every day. Maybe someday..."

"I've got to go Kyle. Sitting here beside you and not being able to show you how much I love you is killing me. I'll see you around. Okay?"

"Sure, Donna. Take care of yourself"

"You too, Kyle."

She looked me in the eye and said, "I love you." She squeezed my hand and walked away.

As she walked away, I whispered, "I love you too, My Love."

***

The end or is it. Could Kyle and Donna have a second chance together? Should they? Who knows. My vote would be no. There was too much trauma to their relationship. Then again maybe this ordeal made them realize what they had and lost with the possibility of rekindling that fire. The BTB crowd will be screaming, Hell NO, Burn the Bitch to the ground. The RAAC crowd will be screaming, YES, they are in love. Give them another chance. You decide.

Thanks for reading.

12