All Comments on 'Condoms and Pantyhose'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 301 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great

Just a great story. Enough said. Thank you, "Q".

smmhomesmmhomeover 6 years ago
Beautifully done

Typically, reconciliation stories on Lit lack balance... This story has such a delicate form of characters maturing, developing... it's really impressive... and that delicate maturing creates the necessary balance.

I hated her in the beginning and was rooting for her at the end. Both her love for him and her growth as a person were stunningly palpable.

Thanks for a great tale!

smmhomesmmhomeover 6 years ago
Amazing how rare and powerful

Amazing how rare genuine remorse and apologies are.

Amazing how powerful genuine remorse and apologies can be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

First time I've EVER rated a story 5*'s. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Only

The second story where I agree that the get back together. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Q! When can we expect the 2 novel length ones?

NabiiNabiiover 6 years ago
great story

I love it

Extremely well written and beautiful concept

Very realistic

Coming of age tale

EzrollinEzrollinover 6 years ago

What state do live in that arrest you for assault when you catch someone in your home fucking your wife? All you have to do is claim you thought she was being raped and no jury in the world would convict you. But law or no law someone gets an ass whipping if I catch you in my house fucking my wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thanks

When you get older you can relate to a story like this. Many things happen that seem awful at the time but turn into great blessings. Thank you Gramps52

carvohicarvohiover 6 years ago
Well how about that!

Criminy! I never read so much sludge about making money off a trash fish like a Carp. Man, I loved every word!

What a classic closer! "Life goes on. The circles just get wider as you get older."

Ain't that the truth!

I think HDK got you on the timing. You squeezed too many years into too tight a framework. I've been grappling with that one on a couple stories I'll probably never finish. So what! Who cares?

Somebody missed it on Nita's smirks and pushing back into his life. When a woman really, deeply, and truly loves a man, I mean "the man", they don't quit, they really don't. Sometimes it's enough to drive a man nuts.

This was a good story. I enjoyed every word, even the Carp parts.

Thanks,

Jedd Clampett

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A very suspicious remorse. Or maybe she's just settling?

When they reconnected the first time, and then she apparently started fucking some coworker nurse because her ex-husband wouldn't? But then later after she brings Annie with her she tells him he was always her only love, and that she was willing to settle for any small part of his life. So why didn't she, when the first time they reconnected? Looks like she was still impatient and self-centered, and more interested in satisfying her emotional and physical needs, rather than being penitent and understanding. When she gives up and decides to start fucking her coworker that should have told him her true feelings.

It appears that if her relationship with her coworker had worked out she would have never come back into his life. But after that relationship ended, and her now having custody of Annie, she finally decided to give him one more try. This time he took the hook, so she gave him the gaff, gutted him, and mounted him on her wall. I guess it helps to catch carp if you think like one. They're suckers.

If she never fucks around on him again it will be pure luck, or simply lack of opportunity.

A good story, but a very doubtful reconciliation.

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessover 6 years ago
Loved it, sweet reconciliation.

Not RAAC at any point. People misuse the term. The AAC stands for at any cost. This was perfectly believable, didn't involve any humiliation or weakness of the husband. People change, the idea that they don't is the biggest load of crap. Literally nobody stays the same person their entire life. They just don't change over night. "I'll never do it again" is bullshit the day after someone gets caught, but not in the timeline of a person's life.

Being apart for a long time before reconciling is the only version I find believable, all other plots I end up thinking that the characters are in a miserable and crippled marriage that'll never properly heal without the cheated on party being a total victim who accepts half a life, instead of taking the pain for a while and building a new full life. The new life can absolutely be built with the same person if they've both changed. A bit saccharine and quick with the little girl, but whatever. Sweet story about starting over with someone who grew up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

The story was well written... But point of fact... no person that proudly brandishes a tattoo of a confederate flag... Is an "all around good guy"... He's a racist... Pure and simple

-jaye-

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Appreciating the Confederacy does not make you a racist

If the tattoo is of a true battle flag, not the ensign which so many uniformed people call the battle flag, the person may be celebrating their heritage. People trying to emphasize that the civil war was fought only about slavery have researched it and point to the fact that one third of the southern soldiers were from families that owned slaves. That means that two thirds didn't own slaves at all. It is not logical that they were fighting only for slavery. There were other issues. I absolutely despise the KKK for their belief that a person's ethnic background defines them rather that their character and personal values. I also despise them for taking a symbol that is part of my southern heritage and associating it with those beliefs to the point that people such as the previous commenter automatically associate that flag with those beliefs. Such a statement without knowing the person makes them just as bad as those he is railing against.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not every man is a forgiving dumb-fuck sucker.

After I got tipped off by a neighbor's wife that my wife was cheating and I caught her, my ex 'explained' that she fucked other men 'just because she could' and, as soon as I knew she was doing it, she stopped hiding that she was and was surprised all to hell to find her clothes and all her shit piled in a heap at the curb... and a large two faced Real Estate sign in front of the house that read, "HOUSE FOR SALE ... GETTING DIVORCED ... KATHY IS A SERIAL CHEATER" (with a 2'x2' picture of her face with her name under it and an arrow pointing at the photo.) I changed all the locks and hired a brass band to wait on the lawn and LOUDLY welcome her home at around midnight. When they started playing, I got up from the TV and flipped on the outside floodlights so all the neighbors, who'd already seen the real estate signs, would see her trying to get in and be up to date on the gossip. The flyers in everyone's door and the 2 hr. video attachment in the email to all her friends and family embarrassed the living shit out of her. Someone wrote SLUT on her car and it wasn't me.

Another pretty good one by qhml1 but not one his best. I was extra generous and gave it 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

You can make as many excuses as you want about heritage.... I know what the heritage of the south was... Spin it any way you want... It's what you people do to justify... Just like killing thousands of women and children in iraq and bombing them into the stone age... was "justified"... Just like the near extermination of the native americans was "justified"... And you wonder why the whole world hates you...

I live in the south... And these people that proudly display confederate flags are indeed racists... And proud of it... That shit you're spouting is revisionist nonsense...

-jaye-

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 6 years ago
@anonymous, "You can make."

You seem to have a cause. Let me tell you, you're barking up the wrong tree, here. I know this man, personally. I don't know about you, but I happen to be a person of color. I know racism. No one can tell me what racism is. I live with it, and have, every day of my life.

There isn't a racist bone in this man's body, and it pisses me off for you to intimate that there is. You should keep those opinions to yourself, because for those of us who know this man, yes, me, a person of color, it's insulting and preposterous. He is one of the kindest men alive, and along with some others, has been a mentor to me. You have no idea what you're talking about. Go find some of those BBC racists, or some of the real racists around here and complain on their stories if you're looking for a cause.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Blackrandi

Shut the fuck up! Please! Being black does not give you clarity of sight to be the only one that can spot racism. You have let these idiots hype your head up too high. Your opinion matters as much as the next guy. So please save your biased opinion on what other people think. You only like people who kiss your ass. That's all anyone has to do to not be racist.

Shut up and do another legends day. Stick to what you're good at and stop trying to play Queen.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Some Late Comments

Were the Southern soldiers fighting for slavery - Yes! Just because 2/3 didn't come from slave-owning families (assuming that stat is correct!) doesn't mean that they didn't support the institution of slavery and wanted it to continue.

Molly and Brad - While I have no problem with their "arrangement," I still feel that Bud should have been told up-front, and CERTAINLY should have been told why she was breaking their date.

Randi is NOT giving her "opinion" on what other people think. She KNOWS "Q," and her KNOWLEDGE counts far more than you ill-informed "opinion."

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Anon 3/6

A brass band? If you really did that I'm damn sorry I didn't have a ticket and a lawn chair to watch.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Anon 3/27

Your apparent personal choice to be offended and miserable is not a good life plan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Yes

A very good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Racist Comments

Going to jump into this from an outsiders view point. I'm black, but I'm also Canadian and Canadian Blacks didn't have to deal with 80% of the shit that went down in the American south, slavery included. Just because someone has a confederate flag and displays it openly it doesn't mean that they're racist. What I will say however is that there is a history of rasicm coming from people who proudly and openly display that flag. A lot of those people believe anyone not white but blacks in particular to be beneath them, but it's not right to lump everyone in with the same stereotype just like not every Muslim is some sort of Al Qaeda terrorist or every black person is going to end up in jail for any number of crimes. I would scope the person out and see their stance on things before you start to bash them

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodabout 6 years ago
Another Great Story.

You couldn’t tell by the title but this was a very nice innocent story. Read it and you won’t be disappointed.

Woodbgood

WF06WF06about 6 years ago
Demented mind...

You, Sir, evidently have a demented mind. Love it. Keep up the good work. Thanks for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
thank you

needed that

266xxyz266xxyzabout 6 years ago
I never read this but it has a 3 star rating on my phone

I would rate it 5 stars. Well writen, flows nicely. A little tame in some ways for LW in my mind anyway...but who am I to say really. Nice story to read on a short flight or train ride. That's it...nice. I do like your work.

calflashcalflashabout 6 years ago
not sure

if this belonged I loving wives or other but it was a great well told story. I liked the characters and their personal development leading to a warm conclusion.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 6 years ago
Well

Very, very rare that I give Five Stars to a reconciliation tale. However, this tale was an exception and I actually enjoyed the happily ever after.

I know. I'm calling my shrink tomorrow.

PapaMikePapaMikealmost 6 years ago
Why

is anyone carrying an eight-year-old around? Yougottabeshittin'me. Car seat? At that age they're getting away from them.

Blkman53Blkman53almost 6 years ago
Author Author !!!

Well done. Because I am a black man, the “redneck”, reference definitely detracted from my enjoyment of the story, but I really liked it none the less. I will keep following you work. 4 stars

notredame43notredame43almost 6 years ago
ok this gets a 4

I usually loath reconciliation stories, mostly because the cheater isnt really sorry and no consequences are suffered. this one i have to say i liked alot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
You've got to be kidding!

An 8 year old girl needs help going to the bathroom? LOL. What a joke...crawling up into his lap too....do you have any idea how big an eight year old girl is? You have written a pretty good story but obviously you couldn't be bothered reading it over before submitting it....that's a sign of, I don't give a shit...consequently I gave it a 3.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinalmost 6 years ago
Anyone who wouldn't accept the reconciliation in this story

Is the kind of person who screams for a divorce in a story where a spouse dances too many times with someone other than her husband. I do wonder what percentage of those comments actually come from people who really have that attitude, vs. those just trolling.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Beautiful story

I'm not a fan of reconciliation, unless it is hard earned. This one was earned and deserved. A very good story by one of the good ones.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Beautiful... Just beautiful

This was such a touching a engaging story. You should start writing books and getting them published!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Proofread

Obviously, you've needed a proofreader for a long time. This story would easily earn a 5 if didn't have so many errors. You conceive a great story that moves your readers, but do it a disservice by not getting it so the errors don't distract and confuse the reader.

detroitdave

KRD19254KRD19254over 5 years ago

Q you pulled the wool over all with adding the lil girl - ya pulled the heart strings and won 'em over. But the root is Anita pulled a gun on him and nearly blew his head off - heat of the moment or not that is an ultimate defining moment never to be forgotten. Yes, she went off half cocked on a revenge cheat but it was the gun that would never ever let me trust her again.

Q the story line is compelling but your proofing reading sucked, I do not think you even read it over as there are so many glaring oops to jump out. I bet this was a one day story - you got an idea, popped it out, did a fast skim read and posted. Next time let it marinate for a week then come back and read it out loud to yourself - it works and embarrasses the hell out of yourself finding so many obvious mistakes.

The last few paragraphs were sort of disconnected and jumpy as to sequence.

This story was not the typical Q quality - still good but....

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Very good!

It was very believable, even the early difficult parts. I do agree that forgiveness and reconciliation must be earned to some degree, or sincerity proven. In this case, maturity turned the tide. It was an excellent story. Good to read a happy ending that seemed real.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
OK... I FORGIVE YOU FOR FUCKING THAT ASSHOLE IN OUR HOME AND IN OUR BED....

because I'm a dumb fuck who doesn't mind remembering how it felt to have my heart torn out when I walked in and saw the woman I loved fucking a known sleazebag.

Why the FUCK is every one of qhml1's stories promoting cuckery? qhml1 doesn't give a fuck WHAT the bitch did that destroyed her partner. Every damned story is angled to get the victim of the slut to hold his nose and swallow the chunk of shit that she so 'lovingly' brought into their marriage.

I had two of the cheating whores and my memory bank of "I'm so sorry"s is full to overflowing. They finally gave up on trying to get me to take them back and give them another chance. I wouldn't piss on either of them if they were on fire.

A two star story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What Anonymous 12/14/18 said

Same thing from here. Why on Earth would he want her back after their past. Bringing in a kid is not a good idea. What would she do if he said no. A very forced RAAC story. 2* story.

ghostfire319ghostfire319over 5 years ago
Forgiveness for those you truly love

To those who are making negative comments about the man forgiving her, I question whether or not you have ever truly been in love. When you love someone, and love them with all that you are, it is possible. Trust me, time changes people. Forgiveness is something that is earned. I can sympathize with this story to some degree.

A very good story, could use a little polishing with grammer and spelling, but other very well written, Thank you

meganann10meganann10over 5 years ago

I see a lot of negative comments about he shouldn't take her back, truth be told this is one of the most true to life stories on this site very entertaining and worth a reread

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I seem to be out of testosterone

this story is about the best I have seen. Nita was a "little" wild there for awhile tho. I am so happy for that ending, especially for the little girl that needed them. This one made me happy

TajfaTajfaabout 5 years ago
Loved it

Time heals and after living alone for so long he realised she was still the one and she never cheated again. To err is human....

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 5 years ago
Great Story

I really enjoyed it, and the reconciliation made sense.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
No stars quit after page 2 of 5 he was at fault

Normally I would burn the wife but the little time they have together he is putting a little bit of money before together time

Go on honey fuck him

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great story

Thanks for your hard work

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952almost 5 years ago
One of the best

I really like the characters and how they matured. To be honest, the fishing content was so long and detailed that I almost gave up reading. But the way it all came together was perfect. So many stories in this category leave me a bit hopeless or disturbed, but this story ended warm and hopeful.

fritz51fritz51over 4 years ago
Good Story & Well written, mostly,

There are significant mechanical errors, but I'm not one to bitch about that because I have had my own issues with grammar, spelling & editing. I can usually cruise through that stuff without penalty to the story.

I liked the shaping of Bud's character and have known women that fit Anita's persona.

My issue that keeps me from voting a five on this one is, Bud's accepting being steam rolled over by Anita at the end. A previous comment here mentioned that after a first attempt at reconnecting, Bud didn't want sex with her. Then, since he wasn't "taking the bait" she dates a coworker, implying she's having sex with that other nurse. I agree with that comment, that action demonstrates to me that Bud is only one of several possible solutions. Says a lot. Is she really head over heels in love with Bud or just needs to have her heels over her head while someone, anyone puts it to her?

Next, and the most irksome thing she does is showing up at his door with the little girl, unannounced, without a pre-visit discussion. The author's intent that the reader & Bud are temporarily made to wonder if the child is his was effective, but maybe not in the way intended.

I was furious at Anita for pulling this stunt. It would have been bad enough if the child was his, but a little heads up time for him to prepare, and agree to the meeting was

REQUIRED. Hell, her showing up alone unannounced would have been unacceptable. What if he had company? What if that fucked-up a new path for him?

Then she bulldozers her way in behind his inability to say no to a little girl.

Written differently, where she doesn't start fucking some nurse after he initially resists, and bides her time till he comes round seeing the changed woman she has become, I could have accepted his coming to grips that he still loved her and "for himself" decides to explore reuniting. Now add the little girl, IF NEEDED. As written the little girl's only function was to trap Bud. Reminds me of a woman deliberately getting pregnant to seal the deal on a husband.

Sorry, but the ending had that feel to me, like a sleazy trap. Still 4 solid stars, and I will continue to follow Q's work. I forgot to say thank you for the effort, TYFTE

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Great, just a great dtory

Excellent story flow of a very good story of redemption. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Broken circle mended

This one gets 25 stars. Loved every bit of it. Your character shares my old testament view's.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 4 years ago
God no.

Many readers here seem to think

that a good man deserves a slut.

I don't.

I think every good man deserves

a good woman!

Big part of this story was very good.

But the rest was disappointing.

Killing off the parents of a young child

doesn't do it for me.

2 out of 5 from me.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Reconciliation

This is one reconciliation story that I could see happening in real life. Reading this again, I enjoyed it even more this time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
is there a second chapeter where he bids his time

and on her 18th birthday turns his niece into a fuck puppet and they fuck in front of the whore and she kills herself?

cause if not one star for the cuck shit

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

It's been a while since I rad this, but this is a reconciliation (NOT RAAC) that I can get behind, they've BOTH grown. I DO have to comment on Anita early though. When she THOUGHT he was cheating, she slashes his tires, wrecks his fishing gear, and jumps into bed with the first guy she sees and pulls a gun on him when he catches her. Now, after she HAS cheated, she wants to talk like adults?

@Anonymous, Re: "Sorry" - As noted, they've grown, it happens. He was hardly a cuck, he dumped her ass, and wouldn't accept her too late apologies.

WakeupnowWakeupnowover 4 years ago
Your stories are really uplifting

It is a joy reading your stories. I hate to read the evil trolls who piss and moan the your stories are not 'btb' or 'bth'. If they stepped back and looked at your stories as a whole they would realize (hopefully) that this is not the goal of your stories.

BTW to all the readers who delight in counting the misspellings, punctuation, grammer, etc. Stephen Kings Carrie manuscript 'Carrie' had 150 spelling errors and the published book had 50 misspellings. Mistakes happen!

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
No way!!!

So she cheats and tries to shoot him!!! Then he takes her back?? Not in a million years!!! He is obviously a CUCK!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
No Way!

First she makes stupid assumptions and cheats and then he takes her back!!

Does this make him a cuck? No! It makes him an abnormally stupid cuck if the both of them had not made radical mental and emotional personality changes to deal with things differently. I think that this story has a well thought out time-frame and is well written enough to have 5pointy things rammed up its' jacksie!

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Ugh ignore the trolls

This is a great story, once under these circumstances can be forgiven with enough love, it happens all the time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5 all the way

A great story of passion and maturing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The Disney ending.

You have a tendency towards it. The happy, happy, joy, joy schmaltz. It plays well, reads well and entertains. But in this case I don't think he lets some little girl make him forget his ex-wife is bat-shit-crazy. You can't cure bat-shit-crazy. And it never goes away. Why, of all the women in the world, would he accept a woman back into his life that he never be able to sleep with without keeping one eye open? A woman that pointed a cannon at him and was a hairs breathe of blowing a hole through him that you could toss a cat through? Sorry but that was a bridge too far. No way in hell does he take her back into his life. No fucking way. Try again. This ending was a failure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It’s your story

And you can write it however you want. Some readers like it, some don’t. However you need to get an editor or at least proofread the manuscript before posting it! You are a good writer but there are way too many spelling and grammatical errors which detract from the finished product. ⭐️⭐️⭐️

timrivtimrivabout 4 years ago

Have read this story a number of times and have the same feeling each time. It is a really good story. If I was writing it I might have made a few changes but all in all 5*

Not even good to comment on the southern race crap. Not at all important. Hope you keep writing realistic stories, most on this site aren’t. 👍🏻🖖

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
So she had a hair trigger temper

Not exactly a crime. (OK, maybe pointing a gun at him is). It's not as if Bud is mild mannered.

Exactly what conclusions was Nita supposed to draw from her husband being gone every weekend? From finding an open box of condoms in his truck? From finding pantyhose and smelling strange perfume? What conclusions would anyone draw? Gone, condoms, pantyhose, perfume....... OK well, he MUST be fishing!

Bud caused all the problems by not communicating with his wife. A simple 'Hey honey, me and Zippy came up with a great way to catch fish using condoms and pantyhose' would have prevented all that followed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
So what if it's a Disney ending

qhml1: You wrote a very good story with a great feel good ending. I would speculate that most people would enjoy the read. You developed the characters so the ending was not unexpected and actually hoped for by this reader. So big damn deal that there were a few spelling and grammatical errors in the text, did they detract from the story? Hell no (unless the reader was some anal dickhead). These critics should write a story based on characters that behave to their way of thinking, and post it with perfect spelling, punctuation and grammar. I don' think they should criticize the work of someone else until they publish some of their own work. Just my 2 cents worth. 5 stars for the great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Liked it but...

Old story, and liked it. But...

No one commented about missing text, so is it only me?

I shrugged. "Tell him. I had my lawyer look the paperwork over pretty good, and it says I'm required to attend. It doesn't say a damn thing about participating. So why don't you stop and focus on the real issue here, how to prepar

Nice reading.

KingCuddleKingCuddlealmost 4 years ago
He owes Anita a Mea Culpa speech.

That recounts the OBVIOUS CLUES SHE RESPONDED TO.

No excuses for him. He needs to do it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Two young and immature people who needed to grow up. They did. It was lovely.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago
Great story but really needed an editor

I loved the story although a little too over-the-top.

But, I was bothered by misspellings and missing words. Really needed someone to read through.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Blackrandi

When. You're editing stories i would assume that you read them... So evidence points to you actually being able to read... So i would guess that your problem is more one of comprehension... So show me where in any of my statments that i called the author a racist... Show me one word that points to me saying that... Is the author in fact the short little hispanic guy with the rebel flag tattoo?... If not what the fuck are you ranting about...

Offtimes whites... Because they are not directly affected by racism don't really feel the sting of it... And are more accepting of racisms trappings... If the hispanic guy in the story had been wearing a swastika he would have been viewed a lot differently...

-jaye-

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
crticism

Criticism, its easy to do that's why everyone does it! I thought is was a darn good story. I loved the fishing story and the wife's automatic assumption that her husband was cheating after finding out he was buying perfume, the found used panty hose and condoms in his car and then runs out and screws some guy to 'get even'. It's so sad it was actual funny until the confrontation. I would hope thing like that don't happen in real like but they probably do. Moral: Don't jump to conclusions! Communicate and ask the right questions. Keep writing and try and find an editor.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 3 years ago

I'm just a sap for a well-told, well thought out, and well written, feel-good story and nobody does it better than qhml1. 5 stars from me.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Read it again.

And I still like it. With the wife's understanding of her own actions while in therapy, I was expecting one of those "divorce now and reconcile later" stories which also would have been good given the setup. However, when you see that happen in real life, everyone watching it tends to scratch their head and say, "Huh?" This makes more sense. Great story!

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

This is a really good reconciliation story, A real rarity here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Children

If the girl is seven or eight years old, she would be in second or third grade. In this story, she’s not even in preschool, yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

JAYE - There is the fallacy that the written word is clear, not always the case. The person writing runs the words thru their head with a humorous reflection while the reader may take the same words as an insult or attack. I have no idea of what the issue is between you and Randi but she seems like a fair and kind person - it streams thru the words of all her stories. Even with your personal attack on her I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Words CAN be used to attack, I prefer them to entertain or communicate. A personal example: my ex wife offered to get some things at the store for me. My short list included Yoplait Whips and Starburst, both types of yogurt. My bag included the Whips and a big bag of candies. Q once more you wrote a story that the reader gets so wrapped up in that they are not ready for it to end. This is either my second or third reading of this story, enjoyed every time!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great

Glad to see a real man won't be a cuckold and kick the heck out of the womanizer.

MeredithXMeredithXover 3 years ago

Finally a story from qhml1 that wasn't all about he-man nastiness.

This one actually wasn't too bad — a legitimate misunderstanding, a stupid overreaction, a ridiculous scene of confrontation, the usual clichés of pointless counseling, then a careful reconciliation after a very long separation. Annie was a clever touch.

Reconciliation can be beautiful. And it's not at "all costs" ... just the "right costs." Four stars.

MeredithXMeredithXover 3 years ago

Oh, additional thoughts ...

• Learn to punctuate! When a speaker continues over multiple paragraphs, the quote stays open until the speaker is finished, but EACH paragraph uses a new opening quote. That means many opening quotes, one closing quote. Sometimes it was hard to tell what was being expressed as narrative and what was being spoken.

• Learn the difference between a "pistol" and a "revolver." Not the same thing. It figures one of qhml1's lead characters would have a Python (a ginormous beast). I'm just not so sure if 'Nita could ever pick it up and shoot it, 'cause I don't know if I could.

Bigguy731Bigguy731over 3 years ago

Too stupid to stop fishing so much as problems began looming. Then blamed it on someone else’s actions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
NOPE!

All that time and effort spent and all you managed to produce was another pathetic RAAC story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Reviewing yours again

Once more I am taking “pen in hand” to review. After reading several of your tales, and with growing admiration for your story telling, another Well Done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
not at all bad for a redneck...

passable english, great language flow, a pile of (forgiven) typos.

a few bad pronouns...¨to you and i¨ instead of ¨to you and (to) me.

the odd misplaced apostrophe.

a very few ungrammatical ¨off ofs¨. a redundancy as well.

i´m not fond of ¨procreate, procreate, procreate¨. makes me sick.

all in all, a pass, and pretty good for a redneck - seriously!

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 3 years ago

Nice... very nice! Really enjoyed this read alot! Very happy that Anita grew up. Even with Anita being very shady... er, sifty.... sorry can’t find the right word for her behaviour at the end. But, her behaviour was for a great reason: Annie ...and it was time for Anita & Bud to get back together. All those years and they never found anyone to measure up to each other. Time does help in the healing. Yes... an excellent story! Thank-you for it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

RAAC trash .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So, all a trash slut has to do is show up with a little girl? No one else could raise her? The MC has to martyr himself, and be whipped by that manipulative bitch?

1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Most recent post likely made by a jealous writer who has never gotten above a 3. Or perhaps just an idiot.

5 from me - kisses

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

At last a decent ending. This is the fourth story of yours I've read and the only one so far that has a reasonable ending. You do have writing talent but so far all your story lines are pretty much the same. You haven't developed the anility to bring any real emotion into the story. This one is slightly better than the last ones I've read but you have the characters attend therapy without getting into their reasons for needing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Well written, so I gave it a 5. I do get tired of authors writing the men as if they are looking for a female led relationship. The last part of the story is basically the MC being sentimentally led around by the nose.

DGHear2DGHear2about 3 years ago

very nicely done. Deserves a 5*

DG Hear

JacktacularJacktacularabout 3 years ago

The only problem I had was the way you wrote Annie. You said she was 8, but you wrote her more like 5 or 6. Other than that I loved this.

Thanks

Jack

Diecast1Diecast1about 3 years ago

A truly lovely tale. AAA+++

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Very

Very enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Shame on Anita for using a little girl to manipulate a man that she cheated on. I really disliked her character.

MacHardyMacHardyabout 3 years ago

Nice, and they all lived happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

VERY GOOD STORY! Thank you, second read.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

I found the story to be a loving tale, a misunderstanding, an act done out of vengeance, then the divorce and separation. Then a few years later Bud and Anita reunite with Annie as their new family, they fall in love again and rekindle that love they once had and then 36+ years later they still have a happy loving family. Well Done 5++stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

OK, I gave this fairy tale a five. Anite is still a devious conniving scheming cheating cunt.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...