Confide

Story Info
Who could she confide in?
9.3k words
4.65
6.8k
8
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All comments and feedback are gratefully received as I'm hoping the feedback will encourage improvements in my work. This is a work of fiction from the deep dank recesses of my mind and any resemblance to real people is purely accidental.

This story depicts lesbian sex, if this not to your liking, please visit some of my other submissions, otherwise I hope you enjoy.

----------

"Hi Millie" chimed up her neighbour cheerfully.

The young woman's haltingly reply was "Oh... hi... errr Miss Chambers."

It didn't take a genius to work out something was up with the young woman who lived next door to Janice. "How many times Millie, It's Jan or Janice. Miss Chambers makes me sound like an old schoolteacher." After a moment's thought she then added "But then I guess I am old compared to you."

Millie immediately went on the defensive "Oh no you're not old Miss Ch... Janice. My late Mother bless her soul always instilled in me that I was to be polite at all times."

The two had bumped into each other on the High Street and Janice immediately went into Mother hen mode as she placed a comforting hand on her young neighbour's upper arm as she soothed her "No harm done as long as you know I'm always there for you. I still can't believe it's been four years since your mother passed away. I was about to say I miss her terribly but then I guess that's only a fraction of your feelings. You were so young to have to go through that." Janice then stepped forward so she could envelope the young woman in her arms as she added "I always wanted to be so protective of you and yet there was little I could do but I'm deadly serious, if you need another woman to lean on or just talk to, I'm always there for you."

After exchanging pleasantries, they went their separate ways and Janice had completely forgotten about the conversation until a couple of weeks later. She went out her backdoor and around the rear of her property but then she heard crying from the other side of the fence which stopped her mid stride. Standing on an upturned flowerpot she was able to peer over the fence to see young Millie sat, curled up in a ball against the fence, slowly rocking as she cried and her heart went out to the young girl as it had been chosen out of sight of the house "Oh sweetie whatever is the matter? Hang on there and I'll come round your side."

Janice made her way through her neighbours unlocked side gate and found Millie in the same spot but she was quickly rubbing her eyes and face to remove the tears. "Now I know you've been crying" by now Janice was stood in front of her and crouched down so she could place a comforting hand on the young woman's arm. I'd like to help if I can, come and tell me what the matter is. Anything said will remain just between the two of us." At this point she held out her hand which Millie took and Janice encouraged her to stand as she led the young woman over to the garden furniture that sat unloved in the middle of the lawn.

They took separate seats but Janice was conscious not to let go of the young woman's hand even as they sat in silence while she waited for Millie to judge when the time was right "I'm sorry, I'm better now I've had time to compose myself."

She tried to pull her hand away but Janice was having none of it, "I'm sure it is but something must have really upset you. Now rest assured that anything you say will remain with me, I so want to be able to help you whether that's advice or just someone to listen to you. I'm here for you whatever it is and whenever you need for that matter."

Millie's face was downcast but raised her eye level to judge if her neighbour was being sincere. "I..." she began to say but then stopped. Crucially at that moment Janice didn't prompt her or look expectantly, Janice just sat there with an impassive expression, she remembered how awkward she was herself at that age, although Millie was past the age of consent, she was still immature in other aspects of her life, no doubt impacted by the early death of her mother. Millie drew her breath in and huffed before she said, "I don't know how to start."

Janice smiled at her in her best maternal way and replied "When you are ready, just say some words, any words. Don't rush it but I need you to understand that I'm here for you for as long as you need."

Millie still looked uncertain and asked "Really?"

There was that maternal smile from Janice "Truly. Plus, we don't have to rush things, take as long as you need and if this spans days and weeks, so be it. Above all I'm here for you and you alone."

This actually helped Millie whose answer was a slight lopsided smile as she drew in another deep breath and suddenly blurted out "I'm not sure I'm into boys."

The young woman stopped abruptly and after a short pause to make sure Millie had finished Janice asked, "How do you mean 'in to'?"

"You know. THAT. I'm not attracted to any of the boys around here" Mille eventually replied.

Janice moved her chair so she could put her arm around the young woman as she said "Well you have many, many years ahead of you plus you don't know where university or your career will take you and so your horizons will hopefully be expanded way beyond here. Give it time, there will be some lucky young man out there who is patiently waiting for you to enter their life. Don't let peer pressure push you down a path too early, you must live your own life your way."

Millie fidgeted in her seat slightly as she composed her next sentence "I kind of know all that. What I meant was I don't find men attractive full stop." She paused while she bit her lower lip before adding "I think I might be gay." Now this had taken the conversation down a path that Janice hadn't expected. Millie paused again before asking "Do you mind me asking? You live on your own, are you a lesbian?"

Janice had to admit that she hadn't made her sexual orientation a matter to be shouted out and that dates she went on were normally carried out away from where she normally socialised. "You're a bright girl, I expect great things of that kind of intellect" Janice started. "Yes, I'm gay but what makes you think you might be? the gene pool of lads around here is fairly shallow and there is a wider world out there."

Millie shrugged "I'm sorry I didn't mean to blurt out a secret. I promise I won't tell another living soul."

Janice still had her arm around the young woman and consoled her "Don't worry it's not a secret but for what it's worth I believe your integrity. I don't want to interrupt your train of thought though, carry on."

Another shrug from Millie "I don't know. I look at models and boy bands and when combined with the lads around here, none of them ring my bell. Where as when I look at female models and... " she halted before taking another deep breath "... some lesbian movie's I found online my heart races quicker than watching straight sex movies. Does that make sense and does it make me gay?"

Janice considered her reply for a moment before saying "Well I wouldn't say it's conclusive but I think it at least goes some way to confirm your suspicions. Now don't get me wrong there is absolutely nothing wrong with being gay, this is the twenty-first century after all, however, be careful who you confide in as some might not be as tactful as me."

Millie immediately jumped in with "Oh I haven't told a soul. You are the first."

Janice grip on the young girl intensified as she replied "Awww, thank you, that actually means a lot to me. I can't promise to help with answers to all of your questions but at least this topic I think I can give you some sound advice."

Millie expression changed from concern to quizzical "Do you mind me asking how you knew and what age were you? You don't have to answer if it's too personal."

Janice smiled and replied "No it's not too personal. I was sixteen when a friend and I got tipsy after pinching a bottle of her father's whiskey. We started touching each other and I realised I liked how gentle she was. We did it a bunch more times after that but it was when I tried the same with a lad my age and it was just plain wrong. Yes, you could say it was down to his inexperience but I tried it another time and ended with the same disappointment. I then got a part time job in a clothes shop and my boss seduced me -- it seems she had a thing for young girls -- but thankfully she was able to coach me and show me what sex was all about and how enjoyable it could be. That's when I worked out which version I preferred. I want to stress though that waiting until you are ready is by far the best option for you; how you feel now is not necessarily how you'll feel in five, ten or fifteen years."

Millie sat there for some time absorbing what the older woman had said and sounded amazed "Wow, thank you for sharing. I'm still unsure when I will feel like I have made the right decision?"

Janice laughed mirthlessly as she replied "No, I'm not sure you ever will but simply knowing what you don't want is a pretty good starting point as long as you don't rush things. Who knows what young man -- or woman -- lies in your path in the future."

Millie changed tack as she asked, "How did you break it to your parents and what was their reaction?"

Janice smiled to herself at the recollection "I didn't exactly plan it, things just happened. My father found me in bed with another woman -- he was cool with it but my mother took a few months to come around to the topic. It's strange because beforehand I would have said it would be the other way around. My dad just wanted the best for his little girl. Is that what you are worried about, telling your father?"

Millie pulled a strange face as she muttered "Kind of, although I'm not ready to say anything just yet. It's actually nice being able to talk with an adult that's not him or a direct relative. I just hope he doesn't find my browsing history."

Janice squeezed Millie's shoulder again as she reinforced her message "I did say I'd be here for you but it's nice to hear it has helped. Simply knowing you aren't alone in the world is sometimes all it takes. On the subject of browsing history, I would get into the habit of opening your browser in Private or Incognito mode but I would also delete your history regularly. When your head is in the right frame of mind, I can show you how to do either if it helps."

Without further prompting Millie gushed "Thank you" and threw her arms around Janice's neck and held on with all her might. Janice just sat there figuring the young woman needed this kind of support. Millie did eventually pull back and whispered, "I can't thank you enough for being there to listen to me."

Without thinking Janice leant forward and placed a gentle kiss on Millie's forehead and replied, "I really mean it when I say anytime you need someone to talk to, I want you to come to me first okay?"

A single tear ran down Millie's cheek but she was smiling broadly. It was the first affectionate contact from an adult for some time -- she knew she had done a good job of pushing people away since her mother's death whereas Janice stood her ground irrespective of how Millie tried to hide. As they walked back to the house, Janice was pleased to see a spring in Millie's stride.

The following Saturday morning Janice's peace was disturbed by a knocking on her side door. It struck her as odd that it was the side door but upon opening the door, she saw a nervous looking Millie. "Well, what a pleasant surprise" Janice beamed back at her.

With a halting voice Millie asked "I'm not disturbing you, am I? Do you have time for another chat? I can come back later if it's not convenient."

Janice stepped back from the door and replied "No, I am completely at your disposal. I did say anytime you wanted to talk I'd be there. Can I get you a drink? Some Lemonade perhaps?"

Millie refused the drink although Janice still got her a glass of water as she showed the young girl to her living room. Millie initially sat on one of the overly padded chairs but on seeing Janice take a seat on one end of the sofa, the young woman got up and sat on the opposite end of the same sofa. "I've been thinking about our conversation the other day" Janice said nothing and let Millie go on "It was really helpful hearing you say to wait before deciding."

Janice reached over and patted Millie's hand and replied "Good, glad to hear it."

"I've done what you suggested about the browsing" again Millie stalled and drew a deep breath in before she said in one long stream "I need some advice on buying a toy for down there" waving her hands vaguely around in her crotch area. Millie's face reddened up as she began to wring her hands together in her lap while rocking in her seat.

Janice smiled internally but left her face impassive as she reached her hand over again to hold Millie's and calmly replied "Of course I'll help if I can. In fact, if you want to address any parcels here to save embarrassment I'll happily act as a post office for you. Do you have an idea of what you want to purchase."

Millie looked at her lap as she paused before saying "I don't have a clue. I overheard some others talking about it and how spectacular their toy was at 'answering their need' whatever that means."

Janice patted Millie's hand and said "I think I can help. Hang on here a minute" as she stood up and strode towards the stairs. She returned a couple of minutes later with a large shoe box and a packet of wipes. Taking her seat once more she announced, "These are some of my toys, they do different things depending on what I need" she lifted the packet of wipes before saying "The trick is to clean them regularly so make sure you have some packets of these ready to hand."

The lid of the box was flipped off and Janice reached in for the first toy. It was a plastic pale pink penis shape but beautifully smooth "Now this is a dildo, you use it by working it back and forth inside yourself at varying ranges. In my opinion this is a good place to start with and as I rarely have any use for it nowadays, I'm gifting it to you. It has served me well and I hope it does the same for you." Millie's face showed her shock but then sat fascinated as Janice went to town thoroughly cleaning it. She passed it to Millie who turned it over in her hands a number of times as she closely inspected it.

Next out of the box was a similarly shaped white penis shape with a variety of bumps and ridges along it. "This is also a dildo but has ridges to intensify the sensations. Once you've tried the starter a few times we'll work towards this one. The pink one is my gift to you but this one I will lend to you. I can't see much point in you spending money unnecessarily until you have tried the actual item. If you like it, we can then go about ordering you one." The next out the box looked similar but had a slightly different base. Janice twisted the base and caught the batteries that popped out the bottom. "This is a vibrator" Janice re-inserted the batteries and twisted the base to make the toy start to vibrate "This also goes inside you but does a lot of the work for you." Janice then held out her finger and pointed it at the very tip of the toy as she added "It can also be used to stimulate your clitoris, you'll progress to varying your play and this beauty will probably be all your need. You can once again borrow this before committing to buy one."

Millie gushed "I can't thank you enough. I really had no idea."

Janice moved to be beside Millie and put her arm around the younger woman "It is my absolute pleasure to be of some help, I had to find this stuff out for myself but prefer you don't have to do the same; that's the reason I'm going into so much detail. You have a lot of exploring to do and it's important that you do it not only in safety but discreetly, this conversation remains between the two of us. I see no point in troubling your father as the topic is perfectly natural and part of your growing up." Millie was quiet for a time and Janice guessed she was nervous and so decided to say "I can tell you have something on your mind. When you are ready you can speak freely here without any reprisals."

Millie was once again wringing her hands in her lap as she raised her eyeline to look at Janice. Her brown eyes seemed full of wonderment as she haltingly said, "I don't actually know what I'm doing down there."

Janice still had her arm wrapped around Millie comforting her as she said, "Well this is the twenty-first century, there must be a stack of instruction text and videos on the web."

Sadly, her answer was of little comfort to Millie who eventually replied, "I'm nervous about my Dad finding me or him finding that kind of browsing history." Another pause before she asked, "Would you mind helping me look?"

There was a final squeeze of Millie's shoulder before she stood up and replied "Of course, let me get my laptop and see what we can find." It only took fifteen minutes of browsing to hit a goldmine of information and Millie's stare of wonderment returned as she read/watched the detail unfold. After a particularly graphic video clip Janice started to theatrically fan herself as she said "Wow, that left little to the imagination. If you want to try it while watching the video you are welcome to try it here. I can either make myself disappear for half an hour or you can use one of the bedrooms for some privacy. I really want you to feel at home here, consider this house your sanctuary. You've obviously been feeling out of sorts but I need you to understand that so many of us have had to go through the same journey."

Millie gave a bright smile and replied "Thank you, it's so nice having someone so supportive. I will give it a try but... would you... errr..." another long pause before she blurted out "Would you stay and hold my hand?" Janice was more than taken back by the request, a sudden abyss seemed to open in front of her. Millie could see the discomfort and pressed on "You did say you'd support me when I needed."

Janice held up her hand to silence Millie, her expression was pained as she considered her neighbour's request. Yes, she had indeed made the offer but she never thought she would request this 'Had a month of Sundays finally come around?' This really was one of those dilemma's where she wanted to help but propriety says this was a completely abnormal situation. Above all though she had missed out on so much herself while she frustratingly fumbled and fiddled at Millie's age. With a big sigh Janice finally announced "I said I wanted to help and so I will do it. I'm not overly sure about the ethics of it though a woman my age aiding such thing with someone as young as you."

Millie bounced in her seat and threw her arms around Janice's neck as she mumbled into the nape of the older woman's neck "Oh thank you, thank you" and the two stayed like this. Millie appreciating having an older maternal influence supporting her, Janice was just glad she had finally found a way to help this young woman, albeit in a very unusual situation.

Pulling herself back upright Janice cleared her throat and asked, "If you are set on this, where did you want to do this?"

Millie reluctantly pulled back and nervously replied "Shall we do it here? We have everything set up with the laptop and the toys ready to hand." Her heart was racing at the thought of getting some release. These last few months she had tried playing with herself and while it had given her a pleasant buzz the sensational, earth-shattering, experience that her friends talked about had eluded her. Janice busied herself arranging the coffee table so that the laptop was sat securely while not being too far away to see/hear the detail. Next, she tidied up all but the pink dildo away, basically trying as much as she could to delay the inevitable until she final sat back down and she looked over at Millie who hadn't budged an inch which prompted Janice to suggest "I think we're set, why don't you remove your panties and get in a comfortable position.