Consequences - Erin Ch. 02

Story Info
Erin's story.
9.8k words
4.41
224.9k
121
147

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 08/11/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
thecelt
thecelt
2,518 Followers

For those of you that read the original story,Consequences – Erin, and were disappointed with the original ending, this is for you. I deliberately left it open in the original story because endings always leave some people dissatisfied, but the original story itself left a lot of people dissatisfied. So, here is my ending. You asked for it!

Edited as always by Angel Love. Thanks to her.

Consequences -Erin- Epilogue

This is Erin's Story.

My name is Erin Troy. I've been happily married to Paul Troy for more than twelve years. We have no children but that has been our choice. Neither of us wanted to take the time out of our lives to raise children since we both love our careers. Maybe that was selfish but it was our choice. Anyway, we had a good marriage and we were both successful in our fields.

I was a process engineer for a Medical Device manufacturer. We made surgical trays and we were a vertical organization. That means we manufactured most of the contents that went into the trays and we assembled the final device as well. My job as a process engineer was to set up the assembly methods for the trays as well as the processes that went into manufacturing the pieces that were included. As such, I spent a lot of time traveling to the individual plants and working with plant personnel to perfect the procedures. Since we were a medical device manufacturer, we had to worry about GMP and FDA compliance procedures. That was part of my job.

I normally traveled alone and I had contacts at each of the plants that made my arrangements. I had been doing this now for over five years and I was good at it. I was well respected in my field and I was known by many of the inspectors and traveling compliance engineers. But, in all that time, I had never been tempted to stray and I was sure Paul hadn't either.

Even though we decided against children, our love life was good. We had always enjoyed sex and neither of us was too adventurous. We pleased each other and that was enough. We had a routine of sorts, especially on Saturday mornings. We would stay in bed and we would have sex. Since I loved giving Paul oral sex, it was often enough just to do that. He would return the favor for me and then we would just enjoy being together the rest of the time. At other times, it was fun, just holding each other, occasionally letting our hands wander until we gave in and had hard satisfying sex.

For some reason, I had been more and more uneasy about my job recently and Addison Croft, my boss had been making some comments about cutbacks and reorganization. While I was good at my job and knew I would have no trouble getting another one if cutbacks did occur, I was still uneasy. I had more than five years in here and I was in line for one of several different promotions. I would hate to give that up. But, I continued working and let the worry take a back seat. What I wasn't aware of was the effect it was having on me and my personal life. I didn't see the changes that were occurring.

The changes began shortly after our twelfth anniversary. Paul had taken me out to dinner and dancing and the evening was wonderful. We got home late, both of us in the mood for some heavy loving and we spent the remainder of that evening and most of the next morning either in bed, in the shower or somewhere on the floor, making love. It was a wonderful time for both of us and we pledged our love for each other again.

Three weeks after that wonderful evening, Addison called me into his office. When I arrived, he told me to come in and to shut the door. I did as he requested and settled myself for something important. I respected Addison as a competent engineer and a good administrator. Under his reign, we had introduced several new products and our business was growing. So, I didn't expect anything bad at this time. I waited.

"Erin, I wanted to tell you that I appreciate the job you do for us. You are more than a good engineer, you are a great innovator and some of the changes you have made in our processes have resulted in big cost savings for the company."

I nodded in thanks. So far, this was what I had expected.

"The reason I called you in was to tell you that we have to cut back on some of our positions and I wanted to ask you for your input. I've been asked to cut 15% off our overhead. That means about seven engineers have to go. I value you and your opinion so I would like your input."

This was not good news and as I realized what he was asking, I understood that I was being put in a terrible position. When people were let go, they would think I was a part of the decision.

"Addison, I really would rather not have to do this. These people are my friends and I don't want to have to make that kind of decision. That's why you're the boss. To make the tough decisions."

I smiled to try to make the comment light but it wasn't. He knew it as well as I.

"But the decision has to be made over the next three to four months. I'll have to begin evaluating everyone, including you. But, if you were to help me, I could exclude your name from the list of possibilities."

This was something I would have to consider. While I wasn't afraid of being let go, I didn't want to go into the job market at this point in my career. I knew if I could stay a while longer, Addison's job was a strong possibility. And I wanted his job. So, I had to think.

"Give me a few days. I need to think about this. I'm sure I'll probably help you but I need the time to get accustomed to it. It's a lot of responsibility."

"Fair enough. Let me know. I know you and I can work together and I think we have a lot in common. It could be a very profitable exchange for both of us."

His smile was not one of encouragement. It was one of suggestion and I knew what he was suggesting. I was almost relieved now that it had come out. I knew that Addison was interested in me. He had made it clear over the few years we had worked together but he had never made any moves that could be considered harassment. Now it seems he had the opportunity. I had a lot of thinking to do.

At home, I couldn't get the thought out of my mind that I was going to be in real trouble if I accepted the challenge to help Addison Croft. I knew he had ulterior motives and I knew what they were but that didn't bother me as much as the idea that I could be responsible for someone losing their job. That was really getting to me. So much that I forgot our Saturday ritual and I even forgot sex until Paul initiated it. Even then, I was so distracted that it was more a chore than a pleasure. Paul didn't say anything and I just forgot it. My mind was somewhere else.

I put off the decision for almost two weeks during which I avoided sex with Paul. Somehow, I equated him, sex and Addison, all together. Doesn't make any sense but that's how my mind was working then. Finally, Addison called me in and asked for my decision. I had no choice: I told him I would work with him. He was delighted and gave me a big hug, but the hug was too intimate and I broke it off almost immediately. He just smiled and moved back. This was just the beginning. I could see that in his eyes.

Over the next month, I worked my job as usual but Addison was always in the background, calling me into his office, standing too close to me as we studied cost analysis sheets or work schedules and touching me every time he walked past. In his office, it was always a touch on my shoulder, one on my butt, just inappropriate touching. I didn't respond but neither did I say anything to stop it. It was beginning to get to me and I knew that he was going to make his move very soon. I understood that from his comments at our last meeting when he told me that it was time to make the first preliminary list of employees to be eliminated.

The trips to the plants were my only relief. Away from Addison and away from Paul. Paul was an issue because of my guilt, and the days I worked in the office with Addison nearby were becoming hell on earth for me. If I hadn't wanted his job so badly, I would have quit right then. But, I was too ambitious to do that.

I also knew that I had been neglecting Paul at home. The whole idea of sex was beginning to turn me off and I couldn't separate love with Paul and sex demands by Addison in my head. I was a wreck and Paul was the victim. I knew I should talk to him but I felt I had to work this out on my own. I began to avoid both of them when I was on the job in the plant. I even stopped calling Paul at home. Traveling, I felt safe and relaxed. The people I worked with knew my work and respected me. No demands other than work related.

Paul mentioned my lack of phone calls and our love life was suffering at home but I couldn't find a way to fix it. I was becoming a nervous wreck and my work began to suffer. This only made matters worse when Addison began to pick up on it and make insinuations about adding me to the list. I avoided him more and more but he just applied more pressure. The last two weeks had been especially bad. Addison had me in his office repeatedly to go over the list, pick three more names and finalize the list for submission to corporate.

At the end of the last meeting, Addison came around his desk and put his hands on my shoulders. I was standing, facing the board with the list as he stood behind me. As I tensed, he pulled me back against him and pressed against me. He mumbled something about my being tense and his hands were kneading my shoulders. I could feel his erection pressing into my back and I tried to pull away but he held me tightly. As I struggled, I was causing more stimulation to his already hard cock and he moaned into my ear. I stopped moving and held myself rigid. But that was enough for him as he ground himself against me, moving his body up and down, masturbating himself.

I remained rigid, not knowing what to do. Did I scream, fight him, somehow push him off or did I simply allow this to happen? The decision was taken out of my hands when I heard him groan and drive himself against me with a force that indicated he was climaxing. His hands dropped to grip my hips and pull them tight against him. His weight forced me against the wall and his cock was moving up and down between my cheeks as he came. I kept my eyes shut as he finished and fell against my body.

Without any words, he finally moved back and away, going to his desk and sitting. When I finally turned around, my shame showing in my face, he was looking pleased and relaxed.

"Well, I think we accomplished a good deal here today. The list is preliminary but it is ready to submit. I'll do that tomorrow. This is good for you Erin. There are a lot of positions open now and you should fit nicely into one of them. That is the reward for your assistance."

His smile was cruel and vicious and I could see in his eyes that he felt I was now under his control. I looked back at him, closed my eyes and thanked him.

"Thank you for your support Addison. I'll get back to work now. I have a lot to do."

"Why don't you take the rest of the day off Erin. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

I left for the day, with thoughts of what he had done to me running through my head. The only thing I felt was shame. Shame that I had let it happen, shame that he felt he could do it to me and I would allow it, and shame that I had done this with another man. Paul was the only man I had ever made love with and now, Addison wanted to change that. And my ambition had led him to believe he could. Today was confirmation in his mind.

I had been thinking about my behavior for hours and that evening it was Paul's turn to make dinner. I didn't even have that to distract me. It was with some relief that he told me he had ordered Chinese. Something I liked might take my mind off my problems. But after dinner, Paul seemed distracted. I wondered about it but decided he would tell me if something was wrong.

I had settled down on the couch after the dishes were finished when Paul looked at me with some concern. I wasn't surprised when he spoke.

"Erin, I wanted to talk to you about some things. Is it OK to do it now?"

"Of course. You can talk to me anytime. What's up? You look so serious."

"I'm worried and a little afraid. I don't know what's wrong and I have tried to think of anything that could be bothering you but nothing comes to mind."

I didn't want this conversation now. I was too distracted to think and I didn't want Paul to become suspicious of things. I had to try to distract him.

"I don't know what you're talking about. What in the world makes you think that something is wrong or bothering me? I'm just fine. There is nothing wrong that I know of."

"Then why has our lovemaking suddenly gone from several times a week to hardly ever? Why do you no longer want to make love on our Saturdays? Why are you always so quiet now? You never want to just sit and talk and you are in bed and asleep long before I get there. Everything is different now and I don't know why!"

This was too close to home. I didn't want this now! I had to make some decisions on my own and this was not something I could discuss with Paul. He wouldn't understand what had happened and I couldn't explain it to him. I was too confused and upset. Why was he doing this to me now!

Instead of answering him, I had to get out of there. I ran upstairs to our bedroom and shut the door. I had to think! I had to come up with something that would explain my behavior. Oh, why had I let it go this far? Was I so greedy and ambitious that I would let this happen just to get ahead? I needed answers for myself and I needed answers for Paul. I had to think!

I decided on half truths and partial explanations. I decided to let him know about the cutbacks but not my part in the process. If I could make him think that I was just concerned and worried, he would back off. I needed time to fix everything. Paul had to understand. I went back down and into the family room. Paul was still sitting there.

"Paul, I'm so sorry. There's nothing going on that you need to worry about. I've been very upset lately over some things going on in the company. I'm afraid that I might be out of a job very soon if things don't change. I guess the worry and the uncertainty has made me a wreck. I wasn't aware that you even noticed and I apologize for making you worry so. Can you forgive me?"

Paul listened and I saw what I believed to be understanding. He finally said that he was relieved and told me that he had suspected all kinds of bad things. I listened with a lightening of my heart as he spoke of these things but suddenly he mentioned an affair. At those words, my heart stopped and the blood drained from my face. I had to get myself under control! No affair had happened! What I did was not the same. I had to get control!

Paul continued with a warning of what would happen if I did have an affair and his demand that I talk to him if something was wrong with our marriage. He was being very careful not to accuse me and not to give me any reason to think that he knew anything but I was still worried. This time I was able to control my feelings when he mentioned an affair or cheating. I was under control by the time he finished. While I had heard him very clearly, I had to let him know it was unnecessary to worry about anything.

"You're being silly now. I would never cheat on you and there is nothing wrong with any part of our life together. You are just tired and depressed and you are thinking bad thoughts. Just let them go. You know how much I love you. There is no one else for me."

I decided now that I had better make the effort to get our sex life under control and to make sure it didn't happen again. I had been neglecting Paul out of worry and concern for my own job and my own greedy needs, but it had to stop. I decided to make love to Paul tonight just to remind him of my love for him. He couldn't doubt that. There was no reason to and nothing I had done or would do would change that. I would show him.

Our sex life improved over the next two weeks as I put my heart and soul into convincing Paul how much I loved him and our life together. Paul was more relaxed now that things were back to normal and I was beginning to hope that they could remain that way.

Addison left me alone at work now and I hoped that since the list had been submitted, he no longer could make demands on me. Whatever the reason, things were almost normal between us now. Nothing more was said of the episode in his office. I let it drop as well since I wanted it to go away as if it had never happened.

I got a call from the plant manager of the Toledo plant that he was going to schedule an assembly run of a new tray setup and asked me to be there. It was a two-day run and should be simple. I agreed and made my arrangements for the trip. I let Addison know as usual and he approved without comment. I was set to go and let Paul know where and when. Just to be certain not to give him reason to worry, I was a tiger in bed the next couple of nights. I actually loved it as I was almost out of control. The more I tried to convince him of my love, the more I began to enjoy it. We did some things I had never been willing to try before and found a couple I liked. All in all, it was a good time.

I left for the plant on schedule Tuesday afternoon, taking the early flight so I could get settled and make a trip into the plant to make sure everything was ready for the run tomorrow. Paul drove me to the airport and let me off without coming in. He wanted to get back to work for some meeting he had. That was fine with me. I would just check in, grab a bit to eat and relax before the flight.

The flight was on time, I checked in and went to my room. I planned on going down to the coffee shop and just getting a sandwich when my phone rang. I thought it was Paul and I answered with a laugh. But, it wasn't Paul!

"Erin, this is Addison. How are you?"

"Ah, I'm fine Addison. What can I do for you?"

"Why don't you come to my room and we'll discuss it? I'm here in the hotel in room 334. I'll see you in a few minutes?"

"Yes, of course."

I hung up confused and suddenly frightened. What was Addison doing here at the hotel? Why did he need to see me? What was going on? I knew I had to go and confront him but before I did, I needed to think! What was going on? I sat down on the bed and slowed my breathing. I took several calming breaths and then began to think.

It was clear that he was here to collect on what he thought I owed him. There could be no doubt. If I went to his room, he would try to force me to have sex with him to honor what he thought was my commitment. That couldn't happen. I was not going to cheat on Paul even if it meant my job. No job was worth my marriage.

With that decided, the next thing was to see if there were some way I could work my way out of this without losing my job. I wasn't for sale but I didn't want to give my job away either. With that thought, I remembered my pen-recorder. The one Paul bought me for Christmas. It looked like a pen but if I pressed the top, it would record my voice. It had a good memory and I could record up to seven minutes of conversation. It would pick up a voice from as far away as three feet. If I plugged it into the little memory stick that came with it, it would record almost 20 minutes. It used a small, almost invisible cord to connect. I put the pen and the memory stick in the purse, and checked to be sure nothing showed. That should do it.

With that decided, I went down to Addison's room. I knocked and he opened the door almost immediately.

"Well, if it isn't my own little engineer. Come in, come in."

I moved past him into the room. It was almost identical to mine and I took the chair at the desk, facing him. I put my purse, opened on the desk and pushed the record button without him noticing anything. He sat on the bed and looked at me.

thecelt
thecelt
2,518 Followers