All Comments on 'Containing the Situation Pt. 01'

by ankur257

Sort by:
  • 73 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
So far it is good

So far storybis good

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Finally

Finally a long story, and one just as good as the short ones. Guess they talked Devon out of hiking the gentle way, but the hard way would work also. Difficult to hike with a broken leg. Great story.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 5 years ago
The hook is set

Captivating start. Can't wait to hear more about Bailey. Thanks

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

"You can never lose me Bailey"

Uh-oh...

I've seen that one get thrown back at the husband when the wife gets caught cheating and is pleading not to be divorced. Usually it's in a Stangstar tale where the loving wife turns into a cock-crazed slut!

Really looking forward to the second chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
curious now

as to where this will lead. She is a bit nieve so I am guessing Devon may make another pass or maybe someone else does. She was upset they were not really speaking for days as both are stubborn but she still does not understand the risk she was taking had she gone along with Devon. He never yet explained how he confronted Devon and how all the others also saw what he was doing. He should mention how Devon takes out married women and has targeted several women she may know. Her thinking she can be trusted doesn't eliminate the fact that Devon and his buddies can rape her on the trail.

I like this Author a great deal.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Thoughts

"she was considering going on a hike with Devon and some other friends the following weekend." - To me it's significant that it's "with Devon and...". While it's good that it's not one-on-one with Devon, by stating it that way it's clear that she's going with Devon. Even if he WASN'T a pussy hound, going anywhere with another guy, even as part of a group is a non-starter with me.

The fact that it was something that they had planned together, and was an overnight trip complicates things further.

DEVON'S friends are going, not people that they know? What are the chances that somehow the others aren't going to make it?

"she was used to my mellow acceptance of her lead for the most part" - We see this so often the guy goes along with most things because they don't matter to him, so the woman begins to think that she's the boss, not realizing that his acquiescence was more disinterest than submission.

Why is this Ch 1? It seems complete to me. I hope you're not planning on fucking them up after all the work testing, then reinforcing their relationship.

StormKing33StormKing33almost 5 years ago
5* Unique, not the usual LW tired cliche

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
More

Good start, can't wait for the next installment where he comes home and finds Devon ass fucking her.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 5 years ago
Good rendition of a well used plot.

I'm usually annoyed, if entertained, by this plot device where you have an absolutely wonderful and intelligent woman who truly loves her boyfriend/husband but is a grade A moron about slimy ass hounds and totally vulnerable to them even at the expense of attacking their SO's emotionally and making enemies of them, just to stomp stubbornly into the arms of the lothario and get impaled on his slimy pole.

This is a very good rendition of that plot device however and I must admit you have drawn me in with your good character creation and illustration.

I gave it a very solid 4. Would have gone for 5 but her butt stupid blind spot was never addressed.

Great work and thank you!

OPrimeOPrimealmost 5 years ago
Two Can Play

So the camping trip was cancelled, but not by her. What about the next time?

Perhaps he should rethink his relationship and tell the GF he is going on a "non-date" and see how that flys.

She knew what she was doing, and was trying to test the boundaries of the relationship. Kick her loose and look for someone more mature. Be up front with her. Good story so far.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Clearly

Too stupid to share dna with. He was a dumbass to take her seriously to begin with. She WILL f’up in the future and your kids will be dumber than her. Walk away.

NipplesandwineNipplesandwinealmost 5 years ago
I think I see

Trouble in paradise . She is to gullible and head strong how did she know the trip was cancelled unless she still talking to Devon ? Thanks for the read !

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 5 years ago
Yup, 5 stars from me too.

This was down to earth, well written, and plotted. I especially like the way he confronted the asshole. No sneaking around or complicated plots of entrapment, just straight up, in your face, man to man confrontation. My kind of guy.

KingBandorKingBandoralmost 5 years ago
So how was Devon contacting her to do all the planning?

He never admitted it. It felt like more needed to be said. Like why was she suddenly sad and remorseful? Did she already know it was cancelled?

KB

likegoodwinelikegoodwinealmost 5 years ago
Reply to Sbrooks

When you asked about the fact it is a chapter 1, I think this is the story of a married couple and that first chapter touches an event when they were only living together as boyfriend and girlfriend. More water has to flow under the bridge before the real dramatic event occurs I guess.

5* for a good start.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 5 years ago
Ok. So far the usual good technical execution of writing. But as far as “story” goes...

It’s so... so-so.

Since it’s obviously not finished yet I won’t score it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
So are they married?

He calls her his wife early on. At the end he refers to himself as her "stubborn asshole boyfriend". What happened to the small footprint? If their place has a room for her art and a downstairs man cave, it's more than 450 sq ft. A longer story, but it seemed to be an argument over a camping trip. Which was also confusing. Why take two cars? Just backtrack to the parking lot. Not badly written, but it just didn't seem to go anywhere and a second chapter doesn't seem necessary as the problem has been dealt with.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
Ahh Women Like Bailey

They keep your heart young and put lots of Gray in your hair.

Very good start of a story. The characters, especially Bailey, came to life. And you could feel his attraction to her.

Very nicely, 5 stars worth, done!

Being in this category I know either she's going to cheat or come close to cheating, but their attraction and love seems so sincere and sweet that I would love the story to go through their life together without that taint. But then I guess I should read stories in Romance which I've never done.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Comments

@KB, they were all part of a group, he probably had her number.

@Anonymous Re: "So are they married?" - They're married NOW, not at the time of this incident.

They were LOOKING at a 450 sq. ft. tiny house, doesn't say they bought it.

Jamborama2Jamborama2almost 5 years ago
Nice start.

I suspect there is more communication with Devon than is told in the story so far. They obviously communicated about going on the trip but she is painting in her room at the end and not preparing for the trip. This seems like she may know that it is canceled already.

I hope he can head off the affair before it goes through. Those are my favorite type of stories. Wife comes to her senses and finally sees the slime for what he is.

luedonluedonalmost 5 years ago
Well constructed and well written

First, a couple of apologies. I criticised the second story (Mrs Batman) and said I hoped the third story wouldn't use a similar device to the first two. Clearly, it hasn't. And also an apology for clogging the latter part of the comments on that story with one of my own hobby-horses. (I can't guarantee that won't happen again.)

I have enjoyed this story from the first few lines right to the end of Pt.1, and look forward to where it goes from here. I feel as though I understand all three key characters and the tension felt by Kenny, the attraction to the forbidden for Devon, and the desire for independence vs loyalty to boyfriend felt by Bailey.

Excellent, five stars.

Lue

Ps: I find it helpful with interesting authors to know something about the things that influence their writing. I suspect I'm not alone in that. Ankur, would it be possible to put a few clues on your biography note?

patilliepatilliealmost 5 years ago
great start

lets see what you do with it!

jocko_smithjocko_smithalmost 5 years ago
Interesting start

but if she were my significant other, going overnight camping with mixed-sex folks who were not lifelong friends of ours, and didn't mention it before accepting it, I'd be concerned for the future. Particularly when she cannot articulate exactly who is going along.

For either sex, when in a committed relationship, it's impetuous/presumptuous to do that.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 5 years ago
Good story so far...

He addressed the issue with butthead Devon directly, which is how it works in real life, but he failed to follow through. Still too many unknowns to think the problem is resolved. Of course, if Ken and Bailey had discussed everything they should have, there wouldn't be a story, would there?

Nice job, thanks for submitting.

luedonluedonalmost 5 years ago
I've just gone back and re-read the first paragraph

It starts with

"Let me start by saying, I love my wife Bailey."

And gives a few other interesting clues.

So at some time she goes from girlfriend to wife, and he loves her regardless of what is coming in future chapters.

Fascinating.

Lue

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 5 years ago
Nice.

I like chapter one. Chapter two will tell the tale. This is the first time you've tried to write anything complex, at least that I've seen, so I'm interested to see where you take it. Good job, so far. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I liked how this story ended.

Your writing was excellent and very refreshing compared to most of the stories posted here. This was so good that I can't understand where a Part 2 would go. That worries me actually, are you going to screw things up?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I smell a RAAC

Another victim of the dreaded Martian Slut Ray?

Tune in for our next installment....

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 5 years ago
A Great Start

A well written, interesting start. The excellently done flashback to their dating days sets an interesting stage. Now to see how that impacts their marriage later on.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
Where the heck does it go from here.

Pt. 1? Part 2 she really cheats? Stay tuned. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Too much was glossed over, are they engaged or married or just boyfriend/girlfriend. there wasn't enough about Devon contacting Baily etc, there was a lot that didn't need to be there and a lot missing, no score til its finished.

chytownchytownalmost 5 years ago
Nice Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good story

You got comments from Laptopwriter and Randi. That means they liked it, because they don't comment on meh stories. I liked it too, but when they compliment you, that means something. Waiting for part two.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Comments

@Anonymous Re: "Too much was glossed over" - As has been mentioned, they are married NOW, at the time of the story, they weren't.

@jamborama2 - I don't think she necessarily knows that it's cancelled, more like she's cone to her senses, realizes what she could have lost and is feeling guilty.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
nice start

Was a very good start

Would like to see that she does cheat and what his revenge will be

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 5 years ago
Hmmm ...

OK, they are now married, but not at the time of the ‘hike fiasco,’ where they are living together. Since there is more to the story (Ch1), it is unclear if the rest of the story is a continuation of the hike issue (seems unlikely it seems, that is ALMOST over) or if there is a later issue that has not been introduced yet. If the former, why a) bother to start the tale with the fact they eventually marry?... or b) not finish the little it will take to conclude that (Non-LW) episode. If the latter, what will be the real theme of the series that Ch1 is setting We-The-Readers up for? Usually the theme is suggested in Ch1! Lets WTRs decide if we want to continue the read.

3* (because I think the main theme MIGHT be interesting, but also think it might be only the hiking wrap-up. Devon has been reduced to non-threat, so that tension is gone! An interesting character is already removed from the account ... and he was never developed as a serious threat.)

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@lickideesplit

Good point! By introducing her as his wife, we know that whatever happened, good, bad or indifferent, they worked it out.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 5 years ago
Good, no Great start..Bit slow, and too short. Loved the LAX angle.

I hate wife boning weasels. But teammates? Really bitch? What a tea bagged little leg humper.

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 5 years ago
Ominous

Good set up chapter. I fear the personality and flightiness of the girlfriend will be their undoing. Not all couples match together well, and having a woman who doesn’t recognize smooth operators and seduction techniques is troublesome. I look forward to seeing where this one goes.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 5 years ago

"Wife", well we know what is coming but I have serious doubts it will last. If Devon can get her libido going enough for a camping trip - Kenny has no hope. True they are not married, yet, but they are living together - it don't get much more monogamistic.

Devon needs more than a bad practice - he's a serial pussy predator that knows no boundaries. Only a baseball-bat or a Lacrosse stick to the groin will educate him.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 5 years ago
Oh Those Magic Words

"Shut up and fuck me!"

Good start to what I hope will be the ongoing adventures of Devon and Bailey. What we know so far is that Bailey is a strong willed sexy lady who seems to have a fondness for bad boys. It also appears that Devon is okay with a little flirting by his lady as long as the other guy meets some acceptable standard set by himself.

Not even married yet and setting up well for a hot wife story. Good job so far ankur, keep on going.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@BobNbobbi

Hotwife? - Gawd, I hope not! To me "hotwife" is just watered down cuck.

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 5 years ago
Another good one.

So far, I really like this author's work.

Keep it going, Ankur, and thanks for

the entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Bailey is the bomb

i hope hubby pulls his head out of his ass in the next chapter, Bailey has to to be thinking about leaving him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
why did he marry her?

The situation is only temporarily contained. Bailey's judgment is poor and to me wouldn't be marriage material.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsalmost 5 years ago
A little follow up justice is required.

It sounds like Devon needs to be "encouraged" to leave town. Also a "post nuptial" needs to be introduced to convince the lady of consequences!

Best have some lighter fluid and matches .............. just in case!

SithLord6969SithLord6969almost 5 years ago
not sure

I like where this story is leading. I've loved the previous stories and just hope i am wrong. I said similar words to a past lover and she preceded to see how far she could hurt me to see if my words ⁰were true...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This seems to be off to a good start

Hope you finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I found the behaviors realistic and sensible. Devon is clearly trouble for all and any...

...with no compunction about bedding any woman he can. Too bad they didn’t arrange a more serious injury for his obvious smarmy disrespect.

That said, I felt it was too short. Like all three so far, I’m left in a desert without the water to continue my journey to the next oasis.....

Please continue, but also please consider adding chapters or lengthening your story lines. You seem to have a lot to offer and your characters are well done with a Jack

London brevity.

You just need to tell a bigger, more involved story.

Thank you for all three. Please continue. Please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
FTDS

Finish the damn story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
He fucked up

He married a hippie lefty dumbass. Now he has to pay stupid tax as long as he’s with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Alright Now, Damnit

You've got me hooked, I still think Devon should be in a dark, dark hole. Don't even think about stopping the story now, I'll hunt your ass down. Signed: BTW

AileyInnAileyInnover 4 years ago
Okay...

I read today’s missive, then went back and read everything else in order... Good stuff. Anticipating your next story...

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzyover 4 years ago
Is there a part 2?

Liked the story a lot, good writing. Noticed this posted months ago as pt 1, will there be more? I think you can do a lot with these main characters

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
you know what you never hear?

you never hear a boyfriend say, 'you don't own me!'

i can understand suffragettes using this line, they'd be OLD though by now, if not already dead. i can also understand a few abused women in controlling families using this line....but it still wouldn't tread water.

truth is, no one owns anyone. but a bad decision is a bad decision. a disrespect is a disrespect. i'm probably never going to go up to my g/f and tell her, 'you don't own me, i can spend an afternoon with the cute young woman that's been hitting on me all day'

i feel like the b/f did all the resolving. she just sulked. we never did find out if she was sorry for her decisions, or would have cancelled on her own. i like a hero that takes preemptive action though...

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
Ok. It’s been awhile.

Part 2 ???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Excellent author, love your stories

One of the best authors on lit. Please a sequel to this one and keep writing!

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Great again

I really do enjoy your stories. It's time for a couple more.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 4 years ago
And trust and verify

A few more good practices

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
He's setting himself up for a world of hurt

She made it perfectly clear, that he has no say in her actions. She cried, and he relented, sounds like he caved. Will she do it again, probably, its not his body, its hers. Will she continue to pull shit like this, and he will cave. Doesn't sound like its going to end well, but I guess love will conquer all. As long as he is doing the loving, and forgiving.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

Great story Bowers part 2.

You know the same finished the damn story.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - no comment

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

IDN about this- I think this is all on the wife, to have been able to see this trip, for what it really was. I think the next time, she will pick someone who isnt known to the group,,,,

This is kinda like the end of WW1. Not really an end, just a postponement.

OldmaninthewoodsOldmaninthewoodsabout 2 years ago

What a shame the author didn’t finish this and has been offline nearly 3 years with no further stories.

JayZipJayZipover 1 year ago

I wonder whether the author envisioned subsequent episodes in the series to be further adventures with Bailey & Kenny, or scenarios with different couples where the husband has to take steps to "contain the situation "

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

Well, this was rather weak when it came to how brain dead his girlfriend was. Unless she lived in a cave with a MAGA family she had to have at least two usable brain cells.

Add in her being typical LW wife, too much so, and the history of this authors stories, she was going to get in bed with Devon in part 2. So a less predictable/simple minded wife makes for a better story, but it does require more effort, which is why so many just use the same wife over and over again, and makes the "mistake" of fucking someone else amore substantial hit to the gut.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x12 months ago

"please get my head out of my ass so everyone can order lunch." - Since you're quoting someone else, it should be "your head" and "your ass."

SatyrDickSatyrDick11 months ago

[01.06.23]

ANY story, with not ONE...buuut TWO Python references:

1) "Well, Norwegian blues stun easily", she replied with a smile

2) "The Black Knight to my King Arthur..."

I felt Baileys lips move on my neck..."Didn't he get all his limbs chopped off?" was her muffled comment...

"Right" I agreed..." That may have been a bad one...but you get the idea..."

Gets an automatic 11/10 'Half - a Bees'!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Extremely good writing!!!! Rational, believable plot and chracters that drew me in. Personally, I thing his GF is a narcissist with deeply seated self-worth based insecurity issues. Short shot, she emotionally unstable and probably best someone to move on from.

Still, I like the MC for firmly holding up the man card. As far as Devon is concerned I would have told him, in the locker room with all assembled, that if he ever was found bird dogging ANY married woman he'd best leave town before I found him; because if a I saw him again, no one was ever going to see him again.

JohnSmith19E31JohnSmith19E318 months ago

I really liked all your stories, had to read them close and get ALL the words... Very good thanks for writing...

LoejtcLoejtc4 months ago

She’s planted the seed of mistrust. She better assiduously cultivate this budding flower of love or the vines of suspicion will surely choke it.

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

Is she a child? Or raised by free love hippies? She genuinely doesn’t understand that going camping with a man other than her boyfriend is wrong, even if it’s supposed to be a group event?!?

/

ZK

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous