Contamination

Story Info
Why couldn’t he understand I was doing it for us?
25.5k words
3.93
110k
126
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BumblingFool
BumblingFool
1,355 Followers

Warning! This is a reconciliation story. Please skip right on by if you are not a fan. As usual in my stories, things are not always as they appear.

As I, Vernon Mansfield sat waiting for my old college roommate to arrive, I thought about how perfect my life was. I could not have imagined a better life for myself. No, I wasn't as filthy rich as many might imagine. I envisioned myself rich in other ways. I had a beautiful wife of 11 years who seemingly adored me and denied me nothing in the bedroom. Leslie possesses the most beautiful natural golden hair of any woman I have ever seen. It is full and rich with a length that extends halfway down her back. She is constantly complimented by men and women alike on her lovely locks. Our love life is on the vanilla side, but as solid as a rock, or so I believed. I also have two great children, little Marla, a precocious eight-year-old daughter, and her older brother David, a rambunctious ten-year-old who loves anything sports related. I even love my job. It's been fulfilling as the group leader in the mechanical engineering department, but I was one among three vying for the engineering department manager, who was retiring soon. The other two candidates are well qualified but I feel good about my chances to snag the top spot.

A man my age, spotted me and was approaching me in a rapid gait with a huge smile. We embraced in a quick back-patting bear hug. "Ethan, my man, how have you been?"

"Great Vern, just great. It's good to see your old ugly mug again, he chuckled. Hey man, when are you going to quit that Mickey Mouse outfit you work for and come on over to a quality engineering firm? We could always use a good man with your skillset."

"Man you sound like a broken record. My life is just perfect as it is. Why mess with perfection?" I chuckled.

"Oh, did you get that promotion you had your eye on, Vern? You know we have a different organizational structure which gives you more opportunities to rise faster to the upper echelons. Come on doofus, what do you say?" Ethan prodded me.

"Don't you ever give up? I asked grinning. I was tickled to be thought so well of by others in my field but was not motivated to make any changes in my life.

"No promotion yet. But I understand that they will be making the final selection in the next couple of weeks. It's down to three of us, but I think I have a halfway decent shot at it, even though the other two have seniority over me." Though I said it, I didn't believe it.

We enjoyed our meal and caught up on the major events in our lives. As we parted, Ethan quipped, "Don't forget the offer, Vern. It still stands. I'll be holding the door open for you hoping you'll change your mind. Tell Leslie I said hello."

"Will do. And you give Kendra a big kiss from me."

"In your dreams buck-head. My wife's kisses are reserved exclusively for me" he joked.

The evening meal at our Mansfield family home was a normal affair. The kids caught us up on the latest goings on with school and their friends, and it always gave Leslie and me a chance to talk about our work and upcoming schedules. On several occasions over the last few months, Leslie had mentioned a new coworker within her sphere. At times, she would go on and on about Tom this, and Tom that, extolling his daily enchantment of her. I would make innocent inquiries trying not to look too much like the jealous husband. I trusted my wife implicitly.

For months, on many occasions, Leslie would come home as horny as a woman could be and ravished me thoroughly after the kids were down for the night. I noticed that my sex-starved wife was always dripping wet on those occasions and I wondered what fueled her passions. I didn't think it was me but didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth.

I thought it was odd that Leslie approached me early one Friday evening before the children were called down for supper.

"Honey, I've got supper on and it's going to be a while before it's ready and the kids are doing their homework. Would you mind if we took a few minutes to talk?"

"Of course, sweetheart. I've always got time for you. What's on your mind? You feeling frisky again baby? You KNOW I'll take good care of your needs," I said with a wicked grin.

"Maybe later Vern. I have a few things I want to say, and I am a bit nervous to say them. Can I ask you for a favor?"

"Sure, baby. Anything."

With anxiety, she said, "Can you please wait until I finish saying everything I need to say first before you ask any questions or say anything while I am explaining some things? Would you give me your word you'll wait until I'm finished, please?"

My radar set me immediately on high alert. This tactic was very much out of character for her. I realized that this was going to be a very serious conversation, and I was thinking that most likely I wasn't going to like it. But I decided to give her the benefit of honoring her request. "Okay, Leslie. I promise. Now, what is it that you have to tell me?"

She took a deep breath and exhaled in a big sigh. "Thank you, sweetie. The first and most important thing I want you to know is that I love you with all of my heart. You are and always will be my number one. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is more important to me than you and my family. Everything else means nothing compared to us. Now then, as you know, I have often spoken to you about Tom at work. Over these last few months, he and I have become very close; VERY close.

"Now what I have to talk about concerns him, you, and me. Tom has been the most wonderful friend to me that I could ever have. Now I don't want you to think of him as a threat in any way. You are my husband, the father of my children, and the love of my life. But Tom is in a position to add quite a bit of icing to our cake. Although I call him Tom because he asked me to, you know him as Thomas Henley, the powerful CEO of my company but he also sits on the board of several other companies including your employer. So technically, in a way, he is your boss too."

I was very surprised to hear these things from my wife but I was determined to honor my word to remain silent during her discourse.

Leslie continued, "Well, in that context, Tom is in a unique position to help both of us for the betterment of our family. He really likes me, and I like him in return, so he has offered to use his position to give you and me a boost in both of our respective careers. I can't tell you how excited I am at the prospect of you and I both receiving much-deserved promotions at our jobs, along with the commensurate substantial increases in our salaries. Tom said that you'd receive a 40% boost in your gross income, and I would receive a 50% increase coupled with my promotion as his executive assistant. Isn't that exciting? Can you imagine how much better off our family will be with such prodigious raises?"

"Now since Tom and I have been working so close together lately, we couldn't help but grow so very fond of each other initially, which gave way to much more intimacy between him and me. He started out complimenting my hair. That soon evolved into us kissing and making out, which turned both of us on. You've received the benefit of me being so turned on numerous times, with you and I experiencing some of the most lustfully satisfying sex of our married lives, I think you'll agree."

My blood pressure was rapidly rising as I began to make a fist. But still, I honored my word to wait before speaking.

"Well, more things just happened since then. He's been asking me for innocent hand jobs to which I shyly agreed, and he has even caressed me intimately to orgasm many times. You have no idea how he excites me sexually. It's not the same as with you and me. There is no comparison. It's just different. Things have progressed now to the point that Tom has been leading me down the path to sexual intercourse. Now I want you to know that we have NOT done that yet. He knows I would never cheat on you but aside from that, he is an amazing and honorable man. He doesn't want me to cheat. He says that he doesn't want me to do anything behind your back. He wants everything we do to be open, and above board with your full knowledge and cooperation."

"He refuses to take me to that next level without your knowledge and approval. He's the one who insisted that I tell you all of this tonight, and to leave nothing out. He wants there to be no secrets among the three of us. Isn't that awesome? Tom promises that you and I will both receive our promotions and raises just as soon as you give your consent. With your cooperation, I am so excited about the potential financial boost to our family's bottom line.

Think of all the advantages we will have with the additional money, private schools for the kids, exotic vacations, nicer cars, a bigger house, tailored clothes, and expensive restaurants just to name a few. Don't you see baby? This will be so good for us!"

Seemingly oblivious of the bulging veins in my forehead, she continued, "So basically, I'm asking you to give your permission for me to have sexual intercourse with another man besides you. No one else, just you and Tom. He says that your doing so would only improve our marriage. With the experiences that I have already had with him, I have learned that he is a wonderful and experienced man. Tom has already taught me a lot about passion which has already benefitted you but he insists on having your permission before teaching me more. He says that he will make me a much better lover and sex partner under his tutelage. I admit that the anticipation of unrestrained intimacy with Tom excites me tremendously but in no way does it take anything away from my love for you, nor detract from our marriage in any way. I do not love Tom the same way that I do you but I appreciate and welcome the benefit of Tom's vast experience."

There was a pause of nearly 30 seconds before she ventured, "Thank you for listening so patiently, Vern. So, what do you think about the exciting news that I have just shared with you?"

Having already gathered my immediate response during the silent interval, I began, "Leslie, no matter how you try to dress it up and glorify it, in my eyes you have already cheated on me and our marriage."

"Absolutely not! I have NOT cheated! According to Tom, only vaginal intercourse constitutes the act of cheating. This is not just about you, Vernon, and your feelings. You need to rise above your feelings and consider the long-term benefits to the whole family, and not be selfish."

"Whatever you're selling, I'm not buying. So now you suggest this asshole is the foremost authority on OUR marriage? HE decides what is and is not cheating, and my opinion counts for nothing? That's bullshit and you know it! His definition of cheating is as worthless as your marriage vows to me seem to be. My definition of cheating is the ONLY one that counts!" I forcefully blurted.

She ignored my slur against Tom and started again. "Okay, okay. I hear you. Tom said you'd probably react exactly this way. I had hoped for better but maybe this will help enhance what I'm saying. Tom suggested that I tell you the story about my parents' past difficulties which they overcame for the betterment of the family. Please listen to my whole story before interrupting, Vern."

"During the 1974 oil embargo, my father lost his job. Mom had not been working but after three months, their money ran out and mom found a job as an executive assistant to an office manager. My dad strenuously objected when he learned that her boss would be Henry Davenport, her former lover before she met dad. She admonished him stating that the past was the past, and he needed to swallow his pride, get over the situation, and give her his blessing for the good of the family. He begrudgingly decided to trust her on faith, and her income kept them from becoming homeless. If you think about it, I am just like my mother, industrious, resourceful, and successful in my endeavors to provide for what our family needs. Don't you see? If you would simply swallow your silly pride, and get over your fragile male ego, then our family could greatly benefit financially, and be better off in every way as a result."

"Leslie, why did you feel the need to tell Tom that part of your family history, yet never saw fit to share that with me before?"

"It's no big deal honey," she asserted. "I just never thought about it being relevant before until Tom said it would be. Don't you get it? I'm already just like my mother, and things would be so much better if you would be more like my dad and give your consent."

After everything she had said to me, I was shocked and stunned beyond words. She saw crocodile tears form and drop from my eyes. I remained silent, contemplating. Though I have tremendous willpower, it took everything I had to contain my emotions. She finally asked me to say something.

"Leslie my first question is this: are you willing to give up all contact with Tom forever for the good of our marriage?"

She felt my anguish as she teared up also at my obvious pain. "Don't you see baby? It only makes sense to continue with him for the good of our marriage and family. You have told me countless times how much you love me and expressed that you'd do anything for me. Now I'm asking you to fulfill your promise. Please say you'll give your consent and give this a chance to work for us."

After a long pause, as a delaying tactic, I quietly offered, "In the famous words of Meat Loaf's song, 'I'd Do Anything for Love, but I Won't Do That. You have given me much to consider. I'm going to need some time to think about it."

Believing my response to be a positive sign, Leslie moved to throw her arms around me to hug, kiss, and console me but I rebuffed her.

"I'm sorry Leslie. I can't. Not now. As far as I am concerned, your arms, hands, and lips have been contaminated by another man outside of our marriage, so I don't want you touching me again, nor will we be kissing anymore until I say otherwise."

She acted hurt and reiterated, "Tom said you would probably act childish in the beginning before coming around to understanding and agreement."

Saying nothing more, I went upstairs, packed a small suitcase to last several days, and was moving toward the door leading to the garage. She urgently inquired, "Where are you going?"

I sarcastically replied, "You want to know where I'm going? I'm GOING to consider just how wonderfully helpful Tom has already been to our marriage!"

She knew better than to inflame me any more than she already had. "Don't forget honey, we have the neighborhood BBQ tomorrow afternoon and lunch with my folks on Sunday."

"MAYBE I'll be back Sunday by night but I seriously doubt I'll be back before then."

"What? What do I tell people who will be sure to ask about you?"

"Tell them all the truth that I am considering your request to fuck another man besides me, and see what they say!"

"Vern.....Vern!!!" she sobbed as I left in my car. I ignored her pleas. Leslie ran back inside the house to call me on my cell phone only to hear it ringing on the kitchen table. Things didn't seem very hopeful at that moment, and she cried off and on alone the entire night, not having a clue where I was. Her heart was breaking for what she'd done to me.

I had taken all I could from her. Had I not left when I did, there's no telling what I may have done, and I didn't want to find out. I had never known such pain and anguish in my entire life. It was as if open heart surgery was being performed on me with no anesthetic. How could she ask such a thing of me, and still claim to want to be my wife? I had to get away for a while and gather my thoughts. My head was spinning.

I checked into a motel on the other side of town. I'd intentionally left my cell phone at home so she couldn't talk to me or locate me, and she wouldn't have any reason to come to this part of town this weekend. After checking in, I went to a fast food place for a quick meal. I wasn't very hungry but knew I needed to keep my energy up. As I was about to re-enter my room, I noticed a bike trail that went behind the motel. I decided to walk off some of my pent-up tension. What was she thinking? Did she believe that I would be okay with this? It didn't sound like she had been blackmailed or coerced. Was she that stupid to think that what she had already confessed to wasn't cheating? How had I failed her? Am I not enough for her? We aren't hurting in any way financially. Are a few extra bucks that important to her? How did the asshole get her under his spell? If I don't give them my consent, will she leave me for him? Is there anything that can save our marriage at this point?

These and a thousand other questions permeated my thoughts. Questions, I had plenty. Answers were in short supply. I couldn't think of anything I had done that might cause her to act this way. I had never cheated, never even entertained the idea. Oh, I've looked at a beautiful woman from time to time but what man hasn't? However, I never acted on any impulses. I returned to my motel room around 10:30 that night with some formative ideas for my next steps. I needed more information. I was growing weary physically and had burned out my brain thinking. I'm not a drinking man or I'd be drunk for sure. I tossed and turned all night.

Saturday morning, after breakfast at an IHOP, I called Stan, Leslie's father. Although we weren't particularly close, I respected the man. He was a hard worker and dedicated to his grandchildren. I asked Stan not to mention meeting with me to anyone, especially Helen, his wife, and my mother-in-law. We met up at Denny's for lunch.

"What's going on Vernon? This is not like you to be so mysterious. Do you need my help with something?" inquired Stan.

"Actually you're the only person who can help me understand something that is a serious problem right now between Leslie and me. Can I trust you to not say a word to anyone about what we speak of today, at least for the time being? I realize that Leslie is your daughter, and I wouldn't hurt her for the world but maybe you can shed some light on a few things for me."

"Sure, Vern. I don't know what this is all about but I'll keep your confidence, man-to-man."

I laid everything out for my father-in-law. My being blindsided by Leslie's unusual requests, and the story she told me about him and her mother back in 1974 when he'd lost his job. Stan returned a knowing look, winced, and began to relate his side of the story.

"When Helen first took the job, I looked for signs. Seeing none, I eventually accepted her claims of fidelity to me and our marriage. But something happened to force me to rethink her dedication to her marriage vows."

"When Leslie was five, she was riding on my lap on the riding lawnmower. Two dogs attacked our dog in our yard. I quickly set Leslie aside, in the yard, stopped the mower, and ran after the dogs. As I separated them, I heard Leslie scream. She had wandered over to the slowing mower blade before it had stopped turning, and her foot was deeply cut. Helen and I rushed her to the ER. Our precious little one had lost a lot of blood and the hospital staff asked us for blood donations to see her through her injury. Helen and I were both tested, and while she was donating blood, they asked me if the biological father would be also available to donate blood. Stunned, I clarified that I was her biological father. The doctor quietly explained that the blood tests were checked twice, revealing that my blood type was incompatible with Leslie's and that she couldn't possibly be my biological child. You can't imagine the myriad of emotions that inundated me after learning such shocking information. I considered divorce but Leslie had already ensconced herself too deeply in my heart, and biological or not, she is MY daughter, so I decided to stay and be the best father I could be. I just couldn't turn my back on her at that point. I didn't want a nasty custody battle to result in me only seeing her every other weekend. I hated her mother for what she had done but I loved Leslie more than I hated Helen."

BumblingFool
BumblingFool
1,355 Followers