All Comments on 'Conversation by a Burning Bed'

by RobertaBob

Sort by:
  • 127 Comments
WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
Right to the heart of the matter

and a big FU to the ex-wife

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Still want an epilogue

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

I dont see how giving her everything is btb

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You left the story unfinished,,,,

Dlh143Dlh143over 2 years ago

Yes! Finally, an author who writes about a man who has self respect! 5 stars just for that!

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 2 years ago

1 star.

You think there are no consequences because people weren’t punished? Some men beat their wives and are never punished, is this acceptable to you, or does punishment only exist for cheating wives?

You want to talk about honour killings, then move to a Middle Eastern or Islamic theocracy or India. After all, that what BTB is really about: regaining the family’s honour.

Well go fuck yourself, you odious piece of excrement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not bad for a short story but this could have been used for a much more complete story with some back fill.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"For fuck's sake, every time I forced myself to go down on you these past weeks I have felt like vomiting." When I read he was stupid enough to do that even once, much less more than once over a period of weeks, I nearly puked on the spot. That was just fucking disgusting. Giving her 90% for not seeing the other dude? Proves this is a closet cuck, despite his little show with the fire. Nothing but two idiots who, rather ironically, deserve to make each other miserable.

Feoalex81Feoalex81over 2 years ago

If she cheats drop the bitch and find yourself another

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Damn! The introduction alone is worth four points! As I read that last paragraph, I heard ol' Merle singin' 'The Fightin' Side of Me'! How could one read that intro and NOT dive headlong into that story! Dive I did, and it was dark, deep and sad. Great, fast-paced and razor-sharp writing! 5++++++/5!!!

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

Damm if I didn’t feel that righteous anger flowing off this digital page. I wouldn’t do the 90/10 though 😜 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The dialogue was horrible and the story not much better. The BTB's will love it, the rest of humanity will go ... meh. Nothing to see here, move along.

kelchakelchaover 2 years ago

I guess wife was right to cheat. Who can respect someone stupid enough to 90% of assets to a cheating wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why give her everything? Make the slut fight for it. Not a full on BTB AT ALL 3 ☆

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

Now THAT'S a story with emotion. I believed the fury and rage. I believed the wife's despair, not because of what she did to her husband but because she wants her cake. You handled both sides quite well. No stone left unturned. Brilliant.

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

A very nice BtB except for letting her keep the house.

Who cares if she goes back to her young lover... a 20 year age gap when the woman is older never works out. That relationship is doomed and she'll lose both the husband and the boyfriend regardless... so he should've taken away the family home too.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

Meh. No way in Fucking Hell does he give her an option for 90%! She's take it, sell and move far away, out of his reach. Send for Lover Boy or find a new young cock.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why offer a 90:10 split. She can easily avoid this young guy and take new guy or two.

I liked the story but would have preferred the bed tossed on the ranch trash pit. After the speech of his confronting the slut he tells her the bastard kid told him to fuck off instead. He can the reach behind a bail and produce the kids letterman jacket and tell the slut “he would of wanted you to have this”. She then looks at the burning pit and her eyes get big and says “what have i done!”

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 2 years ago

I see what you were trying to do: To give him some major control over the divorce settlement. Unfortunately, the second option is an illegal option. It is sometimes referred to as "Attempting to control from the grave". Mainly because people try to insert "conditions and rules" into Wills and Trusts that try to control the beneficiary. It doesn't work re ongoing control once divorce is granted.

EG. If option B was chosen (as written) the divorce would complete BUT should the now ex-wife meet up with the young AP, the divorce CANNOT revert back to the 1st option cause the divorce has already been granted and control of the now ex spouse STOPS. Good try though and great points raised as to why he wanted the divorce instead of reconciliation. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If you continue a story and reference it often in that story, Then please put the title of the original in your remarks! otherwise good job.

SkubabillSkubabillover 2 years ago

I enjoyed Cat but this is far better.

Frank66Frank66over 2 years ago

Ooh- cold and dark, not my favorite kind of story to read, but well written and thought out. A stark and bitter account of the reality of cheating, in contrast to the erotic and exciting fleeting aspect of it.

SimpleGuySquaredSimpleGuySquaredover 2 years ago

To the point without anyone dying, ending up in a wheelchair, etc., though the asshole screwing the wife did get off way too easy. Ah well, I'll just let my imagination work that little "deficiency" out.

Five *.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The stories were "An Innocent Question" by Ohio. Your characters are utterly different from his very respect, and his had depth while your MC is merely a cardboard cutout throwing a temper tantrum.

/

Was there even a point to this story other than "look at me, I'm a big strong man - with only 2 dimensions"?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely pathetic

Omegaman56Omegaman56over 2 years ago

Now that’s how a real man would act

firedog451firedog451over 2 years ago

Hard guy. Can't disagree with his attitude.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Over the top fun!

.

But the 2 options didn’t make sense if he was permanently leaving. Maybe I missed something ???

.

4 ****

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51over 2 years ago

I really like how you guys write, keep em coming/ 5 stars

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

again, this isn't btb. Why give her half of anything. And the 90/10 option was pure stupidty. Sell your farm, split it between you and the kids. Disappear, move on. Let her file under abandment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Outstanding! Five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

And what has this got to do with Loving Wives? Just a pile of misogynistic ranting with no real story, characterisation, or anything. Pure ranting. no stars

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Yep excellent,l wish there was more. But the 90/10 option is just too stupid for words. The 50/50 was always the way. Screw the slut over make her lose it all and have her lover killed.

5/5

C_frommnC_frommnover 2 years ago

Like your Characters attitude. No B.S. just get it done oh and you have two option option one 50/50 and your lover or keep the place and never see your lover again No Contact!

GrendelpuppyGrendelpuppyover 2 years ago

I'd rather read the unnamed story that inspired this Burn The Bitch drivel.

superdandy123superdandy123over 2 years ago

sorry this went in an odd direction for me.

writing and plot was mostly okay but some logic didn't compute.

threatening the kid but not carrying it out(?)

nothing is clicking with the 90/10 split, it just seemed dumb, hard to believe a judge would accept such a post-divorce clause, not to mention enforcing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

90/10 was d-u-m-b and it cost you at least a star in my view. 2 star story.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

I think "btb" stood for "burn the bed" instead of what we all thought it should mean. Sorry, but having her choice taken away with divorce does not make the story a btb unless it was about what I stated above. All I read were choices and she will obviously pick the split in her favor. Not a bad story otherwise just not a btb in the truest sense of what it actually means to some of us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, bad ending. Why give her a 90/10 split? Why give her an ounce more than he has to? Running off to get laid is ridiculous. Fucking only does so much for you, then it gets old. Poor choice.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

Had lots of promise but fizzled.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

4 stars, not really BTB considering she still came out pretty good even if she lost her husband and lover. Not even really a revenge story considering he got more revenge on the mattress, an "innocent victim", then on the wife or lover. In my probably invalid opinion a good BTB story needs the offending party pretty bad off, maybe not destitute in the gutter but certainly not living large with half or 90 percent of everything they own. The biggest punishment was losing her lover but a biggy, losing her husband I don't know if was really a punishment considering she cared so little as to cheat on him in the first place. I still enjoyed it but it had a few problems. Also would have appreciated the original story being linked to compare.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatover 2 years ago

Awesome way to handle an unacceptable situation. 5/5

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Enjoyed it basically, wasnt much deeper than an angry husband but not bad.

After the 50/50 part, the other option was kind of...well dumb. And everyone should know that 50/50 is about the way it work so the "Why give her 50/50" doesnt work. And he cant sell without her consent, as I dont see that it was all in his name. Wanting to bend the laws of legal reality to make ones dick hard is really lame.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good except for the two options.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

He was going to give his wife almost everything as long as she did not see her lover again? And if she did then they split? Dumb. Should have been no contact and no other boyfriend for five years

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A nice try, but unavoidable character morphing. The original husband was an elitist academic wimp. The original wife was smart enough to withhold from the cuck what a cosmic fuck the young guy was. The cuck's main flaw was not in the reconciliation. They didn't have a very deep or rich marriage to begin with, so continuing with the mediocre milquetoast made some sense. The most demeaning cuck move was that the husband was planning on being courteous to the asshole when they would meet at an upcoming party. Made me think the story was written by an upper class Brit,. the cultural cucks.

So it was kind of fun, but irrelevant without a realistic backup story. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That my friend is a true man , a man of esteem and truth , a force to be reckoned with !

maxx308maxx308over 2 years ago

Yep, you hit this one out of the park

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 2 years ago

I was really into this, then it ended. It's okay though. Pretty good flash story. 5 stars. Well done.

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

Huedogg2 has said everything there is to say!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hmmmmm, difficult one to score, but good tale although very short.

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To the Yank that wrote, The Brits are Cultural Cucks.....you are a complete dick..... for starters this is a story from USA, we don't have ranches!!! British cucks are as rare as rocking horse shit, a little like your brain.......Malaka

JJ

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 2 years ago

The 90/10 thing made no sense at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Technically ok. Not a story just a rant. Hope you feel better. Was not saved by the fairy tale ending with a beautiful younger blond arrived.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ohio's story that prompted this is one of my all time favorites. This is totally different, but still enjoyable. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I thought you were doing pretty well until you gave her the second option. If the college guy died she would get every thing and the husband nothing. If she found another guy than a poor decision for the first owner husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The fact that he even entertained therapy is a joke. Once a cunt always a cunt. Bitch would have been given the option of cash a fast exit never to return or a permanent resting place on the ranch. I'm not going to lose a place I built and love because of a cheating skank. She is lucky he took the bed out and burned it and didn't do it while she was on it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Apparently, this author is laboring under the misapprehension that BTB means "Burn The Bed".

Just want to say ... NOT!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Brilliant! 5-Stars! Thats it! BURN THE BITCH! One time!!!

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

not punishment enough

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You call this BTB? The slut gets everything? You need to re-think!

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 2 years ago

Short and to the point.

This piece was more of a rant rather than a story.

Can’t sat that it was an enjoyable read.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

its btb.

and rightly so.

****. thanx author

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 2 years ago

When you play off another’s story, identify the story. Out of curtesy

Chilleywilley

Rocky62Rocky62over 2 years ago

Post nup, she strays she gets not much

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Awesome raw, heart-breaking story from my favorite new LW writer. Five stars

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 2 years ago

Wow BTB. I hope the wife learned her lesson.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

After your first story in LW fell apart completely, I was hesitant to read another one. But I really enjoyed this one. I didn’t like the 90-10 split, but he did take himself, and the lover that she was besotted with, away from her forever. A really good story and I’ll give it an easy *5.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 2 years ago

I thought the 90-10 split was absurd. Also why did he allow the counseling to get so out of control for him. He obviously didn't buy the BS the counselor was selling. And clearly the wife wasn't ready to give up her lover, so the whole counseling BS was a waste of time. Didn't resonante

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

I liked the Hobson's Choice -- she could have the her home or her lover but not both. Her lover was much younger and thus would not be there long term for her, and so she must know she has to choose the house. But then she gets 90% and that makes no sense for the husband, and seems unnecessary.

Boros749Boros749over 2 years ago

90 - 10 split? No wonder his wife had no problem cucking him. probably many times.

KRD19254KRD19254over 2 years ago

His desire is noble but his 90/10 is improbable and not legal. Once divorced he cannot reach back and impose penalties or force a sale. Now if he would make this a condition of sale for his 50% and carry the note requiring no payments of the ranch then maybe it might have legs since his name is still jointly on the deed.

/

She could try abandonment but with his three kids having contact info and he has already filed for a divorce - that will not wash.

/

He's done about as much damage as he can do. Now it is up to his kids to damn their mother for being an adulteress.

/

4*, Hooyah, should be 5* if only you would do your research

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

I thought this was a Burn the Bitch, not Burn the Bed!!!

Crusader235Crusader235over 2 years ago

Two envelopes sounds good, but would never fly. Not a very good BTB.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 2 years ago

Your standard 'take this marriage and shove it1' flash story, right up to this boneheaded two filling options the husband gave to his STBXW - seriously unless he knows something we don't (which turned out to be just that - yes, I'm writing this after reading the second chapter), why would he want to penalize himself from giving her essentially all the assets of theirs marriage?

Anyway, except for that, great on him for refusing to be his wife's second choice - if you act like a doormat to your significant other, she'll just keep on walking all over you. 'Can't really call this a BTB, though - as a lot of people pointed out, the only thing that got burned here is the bed. It's fine, though - I ultimately only care about MC walking away with their self-respect. And that's exactly what we got here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ho hum

Yawn

juanviejojuanviejoover 2 years ago

NOT WORTH MUCH...barely 3 Stars.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

May come nback change my score, but the two options don't make sense to me other than one deprives her of her lover. Wouldn't need 90/10 split for that though...4*

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

Powerful and well written.

sloggersloggerover 2 years ago

""Well, welcome to my world, where I could not believe that the woman who pledged her loyalty to me forever tossed me away like so much trash just by spreading her legs. Be careful, dear. Those legs are powerful. You open them at the wrong time and a man's heart is broken. And another man dies.""

Best statement in the whole story. Well written. I read the sequel but the first gets the highest marks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it so far. Lets see what's coming. LP

green117green117over 2 years ago
On the other hand...

BtB? sure - I think it was the 90/10 thing... proving to the female lead that she was in fact, in this issue, a hopeless slut.

RAAC-ish - that too. He saved her from keeping at being a total slut with the puppy.

This one does have some chops...

Green-something

(I assume you know your moniker suggests you may be a bit.... cross?)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She needed a backhand before he left, she needs to feel pain. Disfiguring the whore would do.

MigbirdMigbirdover 2 years ago

Intensely poignant storyline seen largely through his eyes/his pain, yet you provide just enough of a glimpse of her to make her real/their relationship real. Even the shallow comments (self revealing rants) that follow your story actually reflect positively on this piece because your writing/storyline clearly touched a nerve. Have already read Ch. 2 and that piece is a perfect companion — again, poignant and real with an ending that puts a smile on this face. Damn, you write well.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 2 years ago

Another hate-filled he-man with a computer. Spare us.

adevilru12adevilru12over 2 years ago

This is a follow up on the story An Innocent Question by Ohlo. I would suggest you read Ohio’ s story. I believe most who do will like it.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Lovely BTB loved her punishment.

4/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Almost a 5 star post, letting her keep the ranch, the 90-10 split was way too lenient tbh.

She'll find other dicks to ride. In the end

she gets to have her cake and eat it too.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 years ago

The 90-10 split was far too generous. Let her have the ranch and animals, keep the stocks and 30% of he cash. Maybe she still gets 80%, but he doesn’t have to sell his stocks to live, and the restrictions hold.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

Great Story. Trust is important. Thanks for writing.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 years ago

Interesting story!

4

wilsonanthonywilsonanthonyabout 2 years ago

Never think you can fuck with a good man! She learn a very dear and important lesson. I do not blame him on bit - she needed to be taught a valuable lesson - on she would NEVER forget! 5-Stars!

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 2 years ago

gave it a 3, can't get passed you giving a cheater options. She gave you none and yet you give a choice in the divorce.....

mitchawamitchawaabout 2 years ago

An interesting story, plot, dialogue, and well written. The flaw in the story, thus far, is the lack of proof of infidelity. Maybe in the second part of the story?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRobertaBob@RobertaBob
I write long fiction. When I run into a block, I pound out short erotica to get the mojo flowing.

story TAGS