All Comments on 'Conversation Overheard'

by imsally

Sort by:
  • 63 Comments
JennyBearJennyBearalmost 17 years ago
Perfect

I like it, reading your story was a great way to start the day.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Very Good

I am a male but this is a good story. After all in all cheating stories most have a male doing the cheating. Nice to read a wife's side when she isn't the one cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
very good

im glad to see a female LW character that is less than perfect, w/ a job, and act like a normal person. nicely written, good plot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
For a medical doctor her sexual escapes alluded

to were a bit to much risk, but then one can be intelligent and stupid at the same time. She took a long time to realize that her husband was only playing her, but then stupid is stupid. Her return of her funds showed her intelligence coming back. What she did not do was press charges on both men for conspiracy to commit fraud and theft. Taking private funds, married or not, without permission is theft! At the very least she should now own her husbands contracting firm.

Risq_001Risq_001almost 17 years ago
I admit the same as Anon below me......

<p>For a Medical Doctor the character seemed too <i>cavalier</i> about casual sex. More than the average person would have thought someone who would know worse case senerios would be. Sorta like a Dentist talking about all the sugar treats they ate all the time, and then later walking back into work and never letting what they knew bother them. I mean all the pictures I see on the Dentist wall for weeks makes me stay away from sugar sweets when I visit. I couldn't imagine being a medical doctor and knowing what I spent years learning, and then would still be that cavalier about it. But again, thats just me too.</p>

<p>But having said that, I thought it was a very good story. The wife midway through the story went on instincts, and based on that, was able to keep from being totally taking advantage of. She was a little sader about what happened in her life, but refused to be a victim to let her enjoy a fantasy created by her husband. I liked the way you let her stand up for herself.</p>

<p>Nice Story (^_^)</p>

-Risq

datadyndatadynalmost 17 years ago
Nice

Well done story, keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Beautiful Story...

I loved your story and it goes without saying that one could tend their own garden before someone steps in. In this case, it was Tom and his buddy that tried to rip of Sally, but she was just too sly for them. Yes, men can be bastards, but women can be bitches too and try to do the same thing. I know, I was once married to a money hungry bitch.

Alvaron53Alvaron53almost 17 years ago
A different sort of loving wife tale

Enjoyed the story though I thought that Sally characterizing herself as a mere housewife was a bit much. She was a professional earning a fine living, residing in an upper-class neighborhood with essentially no financial worries. Her low self-esteem is her big problem, and it's interesting watching her battle against it through the story. Thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
A welcome break...

...from the usual fare. Well written with an interesting take.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Fine story...

but I was perplexed by one thing. Sally referred to herself as a three-time loser in marriage.. but I never specifically saw where she had been married before. Did I miss something, are we to assume she was twice divorce when she met Tom, or is there some other angle?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
nice work

i enjoyed this one, thanks.

Kanga40Kanga40almost 17 years ago
You could be in BIG trouble, you know

Having a female character who isn't brain dead.<BR>

Refreshingly different - thanks.

Ken NitsuaKen Nitsuaalmost 17 years ago
I like the heroine...

she has grit. She's not a genius, but she knows it and it's okay. This is the rare story where a character actually evolves and the author is able to show it happening. It got me past the occasional usage errors, and even those seemed appropriate to the character. Good job. Best, Ken

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
The Oprah Syndrome

There is nothing worse than frumpers being sucked in by a writer claiming fat is 15 pounds over weight and plain jane is an excuse for stupid in glowing feedback.

I had concluded by the first paragraphs which rambled on about money which made no sense mixed with sex that you are shallow beyond belief. (For the record, slutty is not a single woman as only married women can be sluts. Single women out with Lee are "trampy".)

That in reality of language makes me wonder what kind of West Indies diploma school you got your degree as your spelling is horrid along with your grammar.

Examples:

There was more assets, savings, stocks, bonds, even some silly casino win that was cash every year in the form of a huge check.

Frank was easily much more physical than my Tom, and he did tend to create a presense in any room

Correctly, English states There WERE more assests.....even some casino win which paid out a cash dividend every year...

To: to create a PRESENCE in any room.

Even doctors know spell checking as they are required on papers, but your professors were void of English.

Along with the other flaws others have already related, your story does not match what you state you are and the story was in dire need of continuity as the stupidity of the character evaporates when she is on the money trail then she looks like Marc Rich.

I gave you a 25, but in sitting here in the Oprah factor which cons low self esteem women to "be on Oprah's side" as she is one of them is the same thing you pulled and is just as revolting, so it goes to the big double 0.

Have a nice day.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Good Grief!

Unlike the "Oprah" nut that posted that run together drivel, this is an easy to read story.

Enough left unsaid to allow the reader to associate, with a mix of reality.

Not bad for a new writer, not bad at all. Better than Oprah anonymous, obviously.

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 17 years ago
Very Good

I really thought we were going to be into a wife swapping situation maybe even mini orgies.. But, unfortunately, it wasn't what the men wanted.. Well written, good read!!

Gary_LostGary_Lostalmost 17 years ago
Very Nice

Loved your story, the characters were very real. I enjoy a story were the spouse refuses to be a doormat.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 17 years ago
Sally's not a 3-time loser...

...in spite of what she thinks. She figured out the problem and solved it successfully and maintained her dignity throughout the process. Interesting story. BTW most of us guys don't mind the extra 15 pounds at all - we greatly prefer that to the aneroxic look Hollywood and the fashion police ram down our throats.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Good story

Good story with believable characters. It was confusing at first trying to figure out why Sally was getting the money when Lee died. You can't throw screw balls at readers like that in the beginning. I found myself going back through the beginning to see what I missed.

Then the three time loser thing. Where did that come in? A simple statement about her previous marriages in the beginning of the story would have set that up so we can identify with her instead of going BACK over the story AGAIN to see what we missed.

Experience will sort out those issues in future stories. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Great Story

Nice to see a person not falling for the revenge sex, even better since it was a scam. A little confusing at parts but well written and consistent characters. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Great Story

Nice to see a person not falling for the revenge sex, even better since it was a scam. A little confusing at parts but well written and consistent characters. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Great Story

Nice to see a person not falling for the revenge sex, even better since it was a scam. A little confusing at parts but well written and consistent characters. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
not a loser

she's a winner!

ExoManiExoManialmost 17 years ago
Very Original

Very original story. It was not at all what I first expected.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Nice

A real story with real people and a twist at the end. Sally is no 3 time loser in my books, she is a real winner who kept her dignity while getting rid of a scumbag. Go Sally Go!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Yes

you will be fine.

i like the story. it not fluid, but it delivered.

RossDanielsRossDanielsover 16 years ago
Clever story , . .

. . . with an unusual twist. Thanks for bringing something different to the usual Literotica fare. The lead character might not have been the smartest in the world, but I think the author has a very interesting mind.

zed0zed0over 16 years ago
Great Read

I LOVE a Happy Ending!

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 16 years ago
You missed nothing in this story!

Just between you and me there is nothing wrong in not starting ‘from the beginning’ as some readers requested. The bible does, then every Encyclopedia and dictionary do – beyond that you can start anywhere you like. The reader may take his /her mind of the TV or any other multi tasking and focus on the reading alone - in doing so you would follow the best of the canonic authors none stares “in the beginning”. You always have to leave behind gaps – parts which the reader has to fill in by retrieving information if publicly available or by deducing or by assuming and most importantly by using the imagination. <P>

In my opinion there is nothing more tired then those stories which start with Let me introduce myself: I was born in Idaho… and then they go on to detail every main event in their life until somewhere in the middle of the text something relevant to the real story happens. <P>

I liked the fast pace intelligent narrative just fine. It assumed that the reader can gather the pieces together and create just enough background to allow for a credible character to be formed – you are economical in your writing. I can’t help wondering, could it be tribute to the always brief and to the point style of physicians and their short hand writing?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Great story

I really enjoyed this story.

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969over 15 years ago
Once again nicely written.

Good work as always.

bruce22bruce22almost 15 years ago
Very enjoyable

Your comment on the Not-so-loving Wives essay, led me here!

Thanks!

BenLongBenLongabout 14 years ago
Wow

You're definitely going into my favorites category, really like the stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Great story

Always good to see the cheaters get the shaft in the end. This guy was a asshole and deserved all he got. And by the way i am male, but cheaters should never prosper, male or female makes no difference cheaters are slime. Thanks for a great story

TorridThomasTorridThomasover 13 years ago
Nice Job

I agree that it's great to see the cheater lose... So many women lose so much, never to get anything close to justice... and the action is also a bit sexy!

imhaplessimhaplessabout 12 years ago
Cute

Very original; cute -- I liked it a lot.

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Great Story!!!!

Very enjoyable and interesting. Thanks for sharing.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Great story.

Cheaters never win.

newjaynenewjayneover 11 years ago
Very good

very clever, wellwritten and original.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
SALLY WAS A GOOD OL" GIRL

somebody made a big mistake under rating her, TK U MLJ LV NV

BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 11 years ago
Well done

Good job telling a tale with wry precision. There was something surgical about the way Sally sliced the men trying to do her in.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Sally was smarter than your average blonde!

Although most people with money usually have safeguards in place. Well told tale of betrayal.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 9 years ago
You go, Girl!

Get an accountant to deal with a decent amount of money. Two accountants (who don't know each other) if you've got real money! If Spouse wants to check up on them, OK! But if someone is marrying into a significantly different income level, the deal needs to be done without emotion. On BOTH sides! Openly and with clarity!

4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good story...

...the good woman wins. She should have took the sack of shits $60K.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 7 years ago
Enjoyed the writing.

But this was a sad tale.

Would have liked a better ending for her.

ojalalalaojalalalaalmost 6 years ago
Jumped on that communication track...

Sally goes straight at Tom with her questions. How long have you been fucking Sara, what is Frank wanting? Then she says what all of those men should say in the Wife-Gets-Threatened-by-Whomever scenarios but don't get to say because the wives don't tell them and then end up whoring for the boss: Tell him to go to hell!

When Sally's husband doesn't sleep with her that night, she goes into situation analysis and then starts problem solving. Situation #1 – I am not sure of my husband: dealing with that ultimately reveals money issues. I do like the author's line: I realized I was in the uncomfortable position of not knowing for sure what I had for a husband. It just makes me smile while I say, “Hmmm.” but I love Sally's Joshua 1:9 line as in, “God's got my back, and if Tom swings on me, I'll swing right back and beat the brakes off him – “You owe me $20,000” -- my GIRL!

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Good one

Haven't seen your work before, and I enjoyed this story. Plan to check out more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
SEQUEL

Although this has a finished/ended feel,

there is Chapter 02.

See sidebar: Also In This Series.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yuck...

Hated it.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Reading again

This is still a very good story from a good author. I like to see cheating Asshole go down.

misterjack888misterjack888over 4 years ago
enjoyed it very much!

Hey, Imsally,

Great story. Liked her to have done even better at the ending, but it was great how she handled herself - and those thieving, sucking men. We are not all that way, though, I'm no clean example. If it really happened this way, YAYY!!

If so or not, still a great story, Imsally

Jack

tralan69ertralan69erabout 4 years ago
nit pickers

Where are the nit pickers?

Another good story. Thank you.

5*****

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
OK different? Not really but read and enjoyed

Keep it up

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Now that was a decently thought out and nicely written story! Cant say that for many authors here.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
A real good stiry

....

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
Oops — A really good story.

....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done. I would have preferred if she used her evidence to seek prosecution for conspiracy and fraud. She could afford the attorney fees, I doubt her dip shit ex husband could. Also, 15 pounds, on a woman of virtue and intelligence? Not a problem, Either she's being too picky or she's not trying. Lots of candidates in the medical world. Plain looking as toast, but very disciplined and intelligent people. That's the only flaw in your plot.

Thanks for the effort.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

A really good story about burning a couple bastards.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great...LP

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

Damn, it was better than I first feared it would be.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Bardzo fajne opowiadanie. 5 dla autora. Pisz więcej.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous