Conversation Took a Left Turn Ch. 02

Story Info
Bobby works the Process.
9k words
4.36
30.9k
38
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 01/27/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bobby works the Process

THIS IS A RAAC

You have to read Tnicoll's story, or you will not understand the ending of this one. This is not a standalone story.

I want to thank Tnicoll for allowing me to write an ending to his story, https://www.literotica.com/s/this-conversation-took-a-left-turn He is a far better writer than I am.

I loved the story and main character, Bobby. You couldn't help but love the guy. I decided I would like to try to save him. So this is an unusual RAAC. Not great. But unusual. You are warned. This is an over the top story.

The one thing I learned from this writing this story is. You can destroy a marriage in a couple of sentences and in a minute of time. But it takes a novel and a lifetime to fix one.

Microsoft editor said it was 100% correct and Grammarly 99% unless you are on an airplane it's good enough.

I left out a few details that I didn't think all that important. Good Luck!

Continued....

I arrived at the halfway house. It was clean, but the prisons dumping inmates back on the streets made it terribly overcrowded. They told us we could move out if we arranged a place to stay and had our parole officer's approval.

Ralph picked me up Saturday to take me to the house. I was as nervous as a cat in a room filled with rocking chairs. As we neared the house, I was embarrassed at how it looked. It needed to be painted. The roof needed replacing and the yard.... Jesus, Christ, that I can fix that. I could only imagine how embarrassed a proud woman like Mary must feel coming home to this.

Amanda was on the front porch waiting on me to arrive. We pulled into the driveway, and I heard her screaming, "Daddy is here! Daddy is here!"

I got out of the car just in time to catch my eighty-five-pound bundle of joy, jump into my arms. "Oh Daddy, I missed you so much," she sobbed.

"I started tearing up. I missed you to pumpkin," hanging on to Amanda for dear life. Darlene and Tommy ran out next and hugged me. I looked up to see Mary standing there staring at me. She looked as beautiful as the first day I saw her in the eighth grade.

I wasn't sure what to do or say. Finally, Mary smiled. I stuck my hand out to shake her hand. She put her hands on her hips and acted incensed at my actions. "Bobby, is that what married couples do?" She moved around my hands and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her little frame. I quickly hugged her and pulled away.

She seemed hurt and then smiled and said, "My God, Bobby, you're hard as a rock. Her eyes popped wide, and she turned fire engine red with that comment. Ralph and John laughed. Darlene giggled.

Amanda saved us, "Yes, Mom, he is." Ralph and John howled. She went on, "Look at the size of arms, and he doesn't have a belly anymore. What happened to it, Dad?"

"I quit drinking beer," I replied.

Mom walked up and hugged me and with a motherly smiled and said, "Good to see you, Bobby."

Mary smiled, "Come on in guys, lunch is about ready. I have made your favorite. Fried Chicken with mash Potatoes with red-eye gravy, green Beans with homemade buttermilk biscuits, with sweet tea. For dessert, Banana Pudding with Vanilla Wafers." Mary knew how to cook.

"Sounds great," I replied. As I walked into the house, I could smell the food cooking. It's sure as hell smelled better than the halfway house. I looked around the house. I cringed at the work that I needed to do.

We sat down, and I didn't say much as we ate. I kept looking at Mary and Ralph out of my peripheral vision. No one asked about my time in prison, and I didn't volunteer it.

Amanda rattled on ninety miles hour telling me, every detail in her life.

John announced, "Finished." I have an online game scheduled in five minutes. See you later, Dad.

He stood and moved away from the table.

"John, aren't you forgetting something?" I asked.

He shook his head a little bit, "No, Dad, I didn't," he replied. He turned and started out the door.

I raised my voice, "Stop their young man." Listen, your mother busted her ass making this great meal. You could at least pick up your plate. Put the scraps in the garbage. Rinse it and put it in the sink."

"Sorry, Dad, I'm in a hurry," he replied.

I stood up and bowed out my chest. I lowered the tone of my voice so John would know. I meant business. I gave him a death stare, "John, you can either do it, or I'll make you do it." I could see the fear in his eyes. He slowly moved back to the table and did as he was told. I said, "Mary, that was a great meal," as if nothing happened.

When the meal was over, everyone helped pick up the table without being told. I asked, "Mary would you mind if I washed, and you dry? So we can talk alone." Looking at everyone else with the understanding I wanted to talk to Mary alone.

As I washed, "Mary, would you mind if I moved home? The halfway house is overcrowded, and they will allow us to leave if we have a proper place to go. I'll move into the basement. We have a usable bathroom and shower down there. Also, I can pay you the money instead of paying them for rent. I start my job Wednesday. I got a job working for a lawn sprinkler company as an installer.

I'll be working 12 to 16 hours a day during this time of year.

I am required to pay 10% of my pay towards my restitution. And I'll give you the difference. I'll keep the overtime pay for myself. I am sorry Mary, I let you down. I'll stay out of your way. Also, if you need me to be home early to watch Amanda, just let me know, and I'll be here."

Mary responded in a matter-of-fact tone. "You know the deal, Bobby. We'll stay married till Amanda graduates high school. You can sleep in our bed, and we can have sex maybe a couple of times a month. I'm still planning on dating other men. And there is nothing you can do about it.

In the fall, I'll be attending school to become a lawyer. The firm will back me and give me a job upon graduation. I could use your help staying with Amanda during school nights."

"Is it going to be five nights a week?" I asked.

Mary explained that for the next years, her law classes will be on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I could do what I wanted the other nights.

"Mary, I appreciate the offer to let me stay in our....your bedroom... But I need time to acclimate to my new surroundings. I don't feel ready to go there yet.

If you don't mind, soon as we are through here, I'll get Ralph to take me to get my stuff, and I move in downstairs."

....

Amanda and I were moving stuff around in the basement so we could set up the double bed frame. The mattress was old and musty, but it felt like a Select Comfort compared to my bunk at Tunica. After about an hour, I heard a knock on the door after hearing the front doorbell buzzard rang. I called it a buzzard because the relay contacts stuck when the button was pushed. (Note to self. Fix doorbell.)

I heard Mary yelling down, "Hey Bobby, your brother is here."

"Send him down," I yelled back.

"Hey little bro, let's go, party," he said as he hugged me. "Great to see you. I got the boys together, and they are waiting for us down at the Tap Room, and they are ready to party."

That was my first test of the new me. "Sorry, Chuck. I have to report to my parole officer Monday. I have things to do before my first week of work. I've given up drinking for the time being. Tell the guys I'll catch up with them later." He wasn't happy when he left, but I didn't care.

....

The next day I snuck out at 6 o'clock and headed to church. It was one of the promises I made to God. I was going to keep.

I arrived back home at 8 to see my wife cooking breakfast. " Where'd you go, Bobby. Stay out all night?" she asked.

"No, Mary, just went for an early morning walk," I replied. "After breakfast, I'm going to see if the old truck is running." My dad bought me a 1957 F-100 Step side pickup

I was pissed off about it, but it was a gift. The old Fix Or Repair Daily. I wanted a Chevrolet C-10. He loved Fords. I hated them. Give me a Chevrolet any day.

After spending a couple of hours trying to get the truck started, I finally gave up. The old 272 cu inch. V-8 needed some work. It wouldn't even turn over. The battery was dead, and the battery leads were corroded and needed replacing. I went through the truck part by part. I determined it needed new belts, spark plugs, points condensers, and all the fluids had to be flushed and replaced. I will have to take the alternator down and have it tested. That was to make sure it was charging.

Each day I got up and took the bus at 5:30 to work every day and returned home at eight each night for the two months. I finally saved enough money to get the old girl running. I knew I would need new tires, so I headed down to the local salvage yard. I went in to see is if I could find some cheap used ties to fit my $4000 rims. What a waste of money. Mary almost killed me when I bought them. She should have.

It turned out I went to school with the kid that now owned the salvage yard. His father had sold my dad the 57 Ford truck. I told him what I was looking for, and he asked to see my pickup truck.

He asked me if it was for sale. Hell yeah, I thought to myself. It was, but I didn't want him to know that.

"Nah, I think I'll keep," I said.

He explained, "That was my Dad's truck. He had to sell it to pay for my mom's medical bills. I'll give you $20,000 cash for it right now.

"Nope," I replied. Besides, I paid $4000 for rims.

After twenty minutes of haggling, he said, "$30,000 cash. Come on. It was my dad's."

I looked over and saw a 1990 rusted-out Silverado, "Does it run?" I asked.

He smiled, "It runs great," he replied. "It just needs a little bodywork and new upholstery." I took the truck and the cash and headed for home.

Mary was surprised when I returned with a different truck. She asked where my truck was. I told her, and she asked why did I sell it?

"It was just a toy, Mary," I explained. "Time for me to grow up and put my toys away. Here's $20,000. I want you to go out and buy yourself an newer SUV. That Kia is dangerous and worn out. With the extra money I'm providing every week, you will easily be able to make payments."

"Do You remember Dave Vought from High School?" She nodded her head, yes. "It was his old man's, and he wanted it. He gave me $30,000 for it, plus the truck. You take the $20,000 and find something you like. I don't think you'll want to use my credit.

We need a new roof before we get leaks, and it does more damage. I want you to go down to Home Depot and pick some colors to paint the exterior. The house looks like shit. I'm taking the last $2000 and installing a sprinkler system.

Mary, I know you're embarrassed every time you pull into the driveway. You won't even invite people over because of how the house looks. I am going to fix that. I've talked to my company, and they will let me use the Ditch Witch to lay pipe. They're allowing me to buy materials for the same price they pay. Mary, for once, I want you to trust me. I definitely have a plan." Mary shook her head.

Over the next four Sundays, Bobby worked installing the new sprinkler systems. Mary looked out the window to see the neighborhood women watching Bobby installing the sprinkler heads. It was in the nineties that day. Bobby had removed his shirt and was wearing shorts.

Roslyn and two other neighborhood trollops were bracing themselves against the chain-link fence, that separated the houses. They were admiring Bobby's well-defined sweaty body. Especially when he bent over adjusting the sprinkler heads.

The women were gigging, making lewd remarks to each other about Bobby when they heard the voice come from behind them, "Maybe I should sell tickets and popcorn, ladies."

"Hey, Mary," replied Roslyn. "We're admiring, Bobby laying his pipe." Everyone laughed except for Mary.

"Mary," smirked Roslyn. "I hear Bobby is sleeping in the basement. If he needs a warm bed, send him over my way. I got plenty of room in mine," smiling at her friends.

Mary hated Roslyn. In high school, Roslyn was always throwing herself at Bobby. Then the fight when Roslyn accused Mary of sleeping with her ex, caused their friendship to evaporate.

"Don't give me any shit, Mary," Roslyn hissed. "I know what I am. I know you and Bobby are in an open relationship. Bobby cheated on you one time, and you've fucked half the city. Just because they drive nice cars and wear suits, you're still married. So you don't look down on me."

Mary stiffened at the comment. She replied, "He's free to do whatever he wants. For the first time she caught Bobby with Patti, she felt a pang of jealousy."

Later that day, Mary looked out the back window to see Roslyn offering Bobby a beer. He shook his head. Bobby turned to walk away. Roslyn grabbed his arm and lightly touched his pecks, moving her hand to his washboard's abs. She saw Bobby shake his head and mouthed, "I'm too busy, but thanks anyway."

.......

It was August, and the centipede grass that Bobby planted back in June, was just about filled in. Then all hell broke loose. Goddam crabgrass sprung up. He stormed into the house, yelling for the kids to get outside now for weed pulling duty.

"Dad, we don't want to do. It's too hot," complained John.

"Everybody except your mother is outside now. I'm tired of you guys sitting on your ass while your mom and I are busting our asses. Now outdoors." Pointing his finger towards the front door.

"What are you doing, Mary?" Bobby asked. After seeing her grabbing her hat and shoes.

"I am coming outside and helping," she replied

"No, you are not. You work your ass off a week and then do housework. The kids are not doing shit around here, and that's stops now. You stay in and rest. You could make us some sweet, iced tea or lemonade if you feel like it. If not, they can drink water."

Five hours, later three whining and complaining kids followed Bobby into the kitchen. Mary had ordered pizza and had it waiting on them. "Thanks, Mary," smiled Bobby. The kids dove into the pizza.

Bobby slammed the palm of the table, making a loud slapping sound. Bobby bristled as he spoke, "You three will be assigned choirs to do. If they're not done, on time, and correctly, there will be consequences like losing your phones and computers.

And Darlene, just because you are twenty, now you still live under our roof, and you will comply. If not, find someplace else to live. Your mother is starting Law school next month, and she needs our support. And, it will be given by all of us."

Darlene looked at her siblings. With a snarky reply, "Who are you? And what did you do with our dad?"

He turned and looked at all three of them, "Let's get his straight right now. I am not your friend. I'm your father. And although not a very good one, I am still your father. Darlene, if you don't comply, I'll take away the Kia, and you can ride the bus downtown to school. Also, if your grades don't improve, we won't pay for your next semester. I want a 3.5 GPA. You have a choice, go to school. Or go to work. If you go to work, you will still be required to pay rent and do chores."

Mary raised her eyebrows at the man sitting across the table from her. "Mary, put together a list of choirs that needs doing each week and who you expect to do it.

Dalene, you will be responsible for supper each night. Mary, start her off with easy recipes and work her way up. Oh, by the way, the person who cooks dinner doesn't do the dishes." Looking at John and Amanda.

After the kids left, Mary walked over to Bobby, wiping off the table. She grabbed his huge biceps and smiled, "You know it has been almost six months since you've come home. Your side of the bed is still available," rubbing up and down his arm.

"Mary, you have to believe me, I would love to, but I just can't yet. It's not you. And I promise there is no one else. I just need some more time to work on myself before going there. I'm sorry." Then he walked towards the basement.

Mary stood there in shock. She wasn't used to being rejected.

The door rang about 15 minutes later. "Bobby," yelled Mary, "It's Mike Baker from down the street. He wants to talk to you."

"Hey, Mike," smiled Bobby. "What can I do for you?"

"I was wondering if you would like to make some money on the side. Man, I look at your yard, and now mine looks like shit. Marge is complaining about it. Thanks a pant load."

I replied, "Listen, I'll do it, but there are caveats.

One. You have to rent the Ditch Witch. I can't use the companies. That would be stealing. Two. I want you to go to a supplier we use and buy the parts I tell you. I will not install the shit my company furnishes for me to use. I didn't use it in my yard. Three. I want $2000 cash to do it. And I can use you as a reference. I'm starting my own company. And this will be a good advertisement.

Oh, by the way.... You cannot tell anyone what you paid. You are paying about 60% of what it should cost. If you agree, I'll do the layout and have the list of supplies for you to purchase. Call me when you get them. I will only be available on Sundays to do it. I expect a little sweat equity out of you.

Also, I want you to understand, Mike, that just watering grass will not get you the results you desire. I'll put together a package for you to take care of your yard. If you don't want to mess with it, you can hire me to take care of it for you.

I'm starting my company soon. It will include irrigation as well fertilizing and pest control. I have to finish up my degree before taking the state test. I have to have a license to buy chemicals. And to do that, you have to pass the state test.

I settled into a life of school and work, work and school. One night I heard Amanda sobbing in her room. I tapped on Amanda's door and asked. "What's the matter, Pumpkin?"

Oh, Daddy, they are Cyberbullying me. Looking up at him with swollen eyes filled with tears. How can I make them stop? Will you make them stop?"

I smiled at my little girl, "Yes, I can stop them for you, honey,"

"Thank you, Daddy, with the biggest grin."

I walked over to her computer pulled the plug out of the socket. See, I said, "No more bullying. Let me tell you from firsthand experience. Don't worry about being popular in high school. The second you graduate, your popularity means nothing to anybody.

In college and the workplace, your popularity won't buy a stick of gum. The only thing that matters is how you perform and treat other people. Look at my life. And you should understand that by watching what happened to me. Why don't you come on downstairs, and I'll kick your tail in Halo 3?"

"That John's game," Amanda replied. "He'll kill us."

I laughed, "Johns at football practice, and besides, I'm bigger than he is. On top of that, I'll go for the jugular. I'll cut off his food supply," chuckling.

Sunday afternoon, Mary came down to the basement to see Bobby reading. "What are you studying, Bobby?" she asked.

"Oh, just reading up on my stuff for work. What can I do for you, Mary?"

"I wondering if you escort me to the company Christmas Party this year."

"Mary," sighed Bobby, I will do it if you force the issue. But I'm asking you not to make me. Most of those people you work with me went to school with us. I'm not ready to face them yet."

Mary was disappointed. She had been bragging to all her fellow office workers how hot Bobby looked now and wanted to show him off. "Ok, Bobby, maybe next year," she disappointingly replied.

Bobby knew what she was about to say. "Goodnight, Mary," before she could speak.

....

"Mary, can you come to my office?" came her boss's voice over the intercom. She walked to see her long-time boss smiling at her.

She asked, "What's going on?"