Conversations 01 - The Dance

Story Info
Ex's dance.
941 words
3.97
76.7k
58

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 03/25/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Quick writer's note:

Tags for this story: Cheating, Cheating Wife, 750-word project, 750-word project 2021.

This is the first in a new series I wanted to write, it will be a collection of conversations between lovers, former lovers and their families. I'm going to target completing each story within a single Literotica page, this first story will debut with others in the 750-word project tags.

I want to improve my storytelling and thought that targeting a certain page or word count will help me streamline my stories and hopefully make me a better writer.

I want to thank my editors for their collaboration and input in this story; Charlie, John, High Luster, Simepop and CarrotsGoMeow.

I love to collaborate with people and so I look forward to expanding this editing team. If you are interested in being a part of this collaboration team, please send me your email address through private messaging and I'll shoot you my stories.

My daughter looked beautiful; I was unspeakably proud to walk her down the aisle and toward her future husband. Her mom, Kate, watched us intently.

I gave her a small wink as I stood with Hannah in front of the congregation eyeing Joshua and the pastor.

"Who gives this woman?"

"Her Mother and I."

Her mother touched my hand as I went to take my seat, two seats down from hers. I saw the regret and disappointment on her face as she again realized what she gave up twelve years ago.

I smiled as I seated myself next to my gorgeous wife Jennifer.

The ceremony went off without a hitch. We all arrived at the reception hall and waited for the new couple.

"Please welcome Joshua and Hannah Wright!"

I was pulled from my deep thoughts with the announcement. Dinner was flawless, the toasts were stirring, and we all settled in to watch the happy couple's first dance.

Kate strutted her way across the room, eyeing me when the DJ opened the dance floor to everyone. She observed my younger wife as she asked, "May I steal your husband for this dance?"

"Of course, I know he'll return to me." Jennifer replied cattily. The tension was thick.

Kate molded herself to me for the romantic dance. I stiffened my frame to provide separation between us as I led her around the dance floor.

"How are you Katie?"

"I'm good Karl. You and Jennifer appear happy."

"Extremely. Jennifer is the best thing that's happened to me in a long time."

"Better than me?" I detected a tremor.

"Katie, you were my first true love. Nothing made me happier than when you said, 'yes' to our first date, and then again when you said, 'yes' to my proposal." I stalled for a moment to contain my emotions. "The next eleven years were some of the best."

"We were married twelve years, dear." Kate never allowed me even a mild gaffe.

"Yes, dear," I replied sarcastically, "but that last year wasn't pleasant for me at all. I mean... I'll never forget when you announced how in love you were with my best friend."

"I keep telling you, Andy and I didn't mean for it to happen. I fell for his charms and allowed myself to get carried away."

I was guiding her around the floor when I caught Jennifer's glare over her latest flute of champagne. She was pissed at Kate's closeness. I knew I'd pay for it later.

"Where's Andy? It's hard to imagine he'd miss his goddaughter's wedding. Come to think of it, I'm fairly sure he's missed all of Hanna's milestones."

"Well, he doesn't trust you. His jaw still aches in cold weather."

I gave a small chuckle, remembering the look on his face when I decked him that first time I saw him after he and Kate had moved in together. That broken jaw was expensive; I'm lucky it didn't land me in jail. It cost me sole custody and supervised visitations with Hannah for four years.

The song ended. I relaxed my grip on Kate, but she didn't reciprocate.

"One more?" It was odd hearing her pleading, she did so little of it during our marriage. I pulled her close again, flashing a sheepish smile to Jennifer, and started moving to the music.

"He's cheating on me again." Her tone was hushed, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"I'm sorry Katie, I'd hoped better for you than that."

"Thank you, Karl. I guess it's what I deserve. After the way I treated you and Hannah I suppose it's only fair that I get a taste of my own medicine."

"I definitely hated the way you expressed your displeasure in our marriage. It was devastating to find out that the two people I trusted most conspired to destroy my life."

Residual anger was making its way to the surface as my ex-wife brought all those unpleasant feelings painfully back.

"It took me a long time to put my life back together while the two of you played house, pretended to be a happy family, and monopolized my daughter."

"I know Karl. I regret everything; if I could, I would undo all the pain I caused."

"The past seven years with Jennifer is what put that pain to rest." I paused our swaying to look into her teary eyes. "Thanks for the dance."

I stepped away and made a beeline to my waiting wife, toward the arms of my one love.

If you are interested in what Karl was thinking about, DM me with your email and I'll share his deep thoughts with you, they were too dark to be printed.