All Comments on 'Conversations 07 - Moving Forward'

by Tinman_1903

Sort by:
  • 105 Comments
Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

There is no after life.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

The angst of the bereaved

4/5

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 1 year ago

What the hell dude?!? I wasn’t expecting to be sobbing at 2am!

But…it was a touching story and I appreciate that you wrote it.

Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

Wow. Talk about a gut punch. It was a hell of a story. 5stars

Well done.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 1 year ago

It’s hard to say I love a story that is this sad. But it was very well written.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

I personally don't get a kick reading stories about people seeing and talking to dead persons. These unfortunate ones have mental issues they need to seek medical help and reading such stories doesn't appeal to me.

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

5* I never saw that twist coming. You fit so much into this short story, painting such a strong picture of loss and love and moving on. (Who made the coffee?) Thank you for posting it.

lujon2019lujon2019over 1 year ago

So how does the dead ghost wife make coffee?

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Heart breaking and wonderfully written

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A ghost story? It may be close to Halloween but do we need this?

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Can't blame the husband!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Legitimate tear-jerker.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’m not crying, you’re crying

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 1 year ago

Cute fun different twist I liked it.

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cheesy AF but I'm touched

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

Well, that took a turn. And not a bad turn at that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is getting to be standard trope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

For a flash story, it was quite good. Sad, but well worth reading.

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzoneover 1 year ago

Damn, that one will rip your heart out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Let go, Brandon!

SaltySurpriseSaltySurpriseover 1 year ago

So heart tugging

Thank you

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51over 1 year ago

Nicely written, from a man's perspective, this is Love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Decent story. I'm not sure why it's in LW though.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 1 year ago

There is nothing wrong with the actual writing. But the story itself... with a weak, pathetic, whiney man who is hearing voices and seeing the "ghost" of his wife??? Well, I think the technical term is, he's "fucked in the head". A basket case and "Jenny" should stay well away.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 1 year ago

Damnit, I did NOT expect to cry! Short but powerful!

Seeker81Seeker81over 1 year ago

Wow. Wasn't expecting that.

MsDirectorMsDirectorover 1 year ago

One of the few beautiful stories I have read here or anywhere on Lit. Excuse me, I have to go find a tissue.

Tiger27Tiger27over 1 year ago

Wow! Fantastic!

MasterpuppyMasterpuppyover 1 year ago

Damn it I didn't need to start my day with tears. Seriously, good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just wow. Every once in a while one of these flash stories just grabs you. And this author has had more than a couple. Thank you!

.

5 *****

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 1 year ago

Sad but great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow. That is a gut punch and realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Dammit, that kinda hit me in the head. Good left turn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

better off in non erotic or romance. She is a loving wife but not the type for this category.

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

Wow, totally zapped me. Very good story. You could feel the emotion.

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

So sad, but true. I have never completely got over the loss of my wife 50 years ago.

Pinto931Pinto931over 1 year ago

Wow that was different.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Lovely! You fooled me. You turned an angry story into a loving story. Wonderfully done!

TrustingagainTrustingagainover 1 year ago

Thank you for this conversation.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Not at all what I expected with the way the story started.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Under-scored

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 1 year ago

I lost my wife 5 years ago to cancer. This is real. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Tales of love and loss--especially permanent loss with no chance of avoidance of the reality of it nor redemption from the permanence of it--are simply too close to home and scar the heart.

I found this story worthwhile for its skillful communication and the depth of feeling it conveyed.

And I also hated it...for reasons of personal identification with the MC.

Thank you for sharing your talent. Please write something that doesn't hurt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Dang! I’ve got a great “ghost of spouse” story, but by the time i get it posted, the readers will have had their fill.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I can imagine how hard it can be to move on in spite of being trapped in bittersweet memories....

BehindbluisBehindbluisover 1 year ago

I've read a few of these 'ghost of a loved one' stories and they always seem to take me back to the bitter-sweet. Love to read them and wish I hadn't at the same time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hey Harry…guess what? If YOU are correct about no afterlife….you’ll never know 😈

.

But if I’M right and there is….we’ll BOTH know 🥳

.

Better hope that if I’m right….HE will be merciful to those like YOU 😁

TinKitten27TinKitten27over 1 year ago

😭 that was a trust I didn’t expect. Heart wrenching but worth the read.

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzyover 1 year ago

Harry in VA is such a tool, he loves his obnoxious short criticisms of other peoples’ stories, I wish Lit could permanently block his ability to comment. I noticed he’s never posted a thing, probably because he can’t string two coherent sentences together. I liked this story. The twist made me sad but any story that makes the reader feel emotions is good by me.

secretsalsecretsalover 1 year ago

@Anon: What if it's a SHE, and she boots your ass for getting that wrong?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, leaves me free of thought. Powerful... LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You know you can program most modern coffee makers now to brew your preferred kind of coffee at the same time every morning?

We do it every day in the office. Load it up the night before with filtered water and the proper amount of coffee grounds. And when we all arrive at 8 am every morning there's a fresh pot ready for us.

It isn't metaphysical or ghostly...it's just modern technology that's been around for at least 20 years now.

Lovely story mate. 5 stars.

shopratshopratover 1 year ago

Nice, this one's gonna pull a few tears :-)

69gman69gmanover 1 year ago

You have me going down the adultery path; then yanked me back.. Well done

UnassignedUnassignedover 1 year ago

Well done! While this has been done before, I wasn't expecting the story to go that way.

.

@lujon - "As I waited to be connected, I fidgeted with the coffee maker, making sure the auto brew settings were set for tomorrow." Try to read the story before commenting; it was under 1 page.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 1 year ago

I had to stop reading when I realized the wife was dead. Not because you wrote it poorly; you didn't. It really doesn't fit in Loving Wives, non erotic maybe.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
I feel

The sorrow the emotion just so very sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Energy changes form. Harry scary what’s the life force become?????

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting but probably unrealistic for most. A friend who lost her long term husband to cancer was fucking some other guy within a few weeks, despite insisting she "loved and respected" her husband.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 1 year ago

This feels like self abuse....the kind of person who won't get help with grief and instead nurses it and picks at it and allows it to ruin lives.... If, after a year, he's still only marginally functional then his therapist isn't worth a damn or else he's the problem because he won't let himself heal....and he's ruin the lives of others because he's not willing to let go and heal. It's horrible to watch....and it happens more than one might think.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There is no Harryin VA.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Total cliche', done a thousand times, all bad.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 1 year ago

5 stars for a great short story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have to say I was wondering where this was going until you brought the image of the departed wife into the picture, Very good writing with the suspense you created at the beginning , it was hard not to finish the story. Keep up the good work

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

have very little commentary to add...this is a nice well thought out and written story.

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

Non-Erotic. Recent submission (Days) with same plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Aiming for the soft spot, bastard.

I‘m‘a sucker for these vignettes.

Five, cheers

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a remarkable sweet story which only got better as the story unfolded. Five big stars ⭐️ for this one. Thank you, Tinman!

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Great story with an emotional kick. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Its OK, but I think I read something very very similar recently. Yeah, it was a husband finding his wife in bed with another man. Problem for the husband is that he is dead, and his wife remarried. His wife consoles him and the corpse man passes on. I wonder if he looks like Bruce Willis? This was OK too, but maybe a bit redundant with the other story. Still, thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Again, a rip off of The 6th Sense movie with a twist.

Karn9Karn9over 1 year ago

Fantastic emotional story 5*.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 1 year ago

Shit! I didn't see that coming at all. Caught me completely by surprise. WOW! Great writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Tnman_1903, thank you for writing your beautiful stories, it's been too long since your last one.

tralan69ertralan69erover 1 year ago

@lujon2019

So how does the dead ghost wife make coffee?

with a coffee maker

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Want to see much more of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

old hat

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 1 year ago

That was very good.

CaptFlintCaptFlintover 1 year ago

Very well done. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done. The whole series has been a pleasure to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done and very sad. But its life

kiteareskitearesover 1 year ago

Oh you bastard!! From left field and wham!!

Got this grumpy SOB sniffling.

Great writing.

Thanks

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

WOW ! great little story. thought Taylor had cheated on him at first. Great twist and the age of his daughter.

WoodencavWoodencavover 1 year ago

Clever little storey. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Amazing story. Gut wrenching. So realistic. Sad but somehow lovely.

BehindbluisBehindbluisover 1 year ago

I hate this story....every time I read it! Hits way too close to home for me. My compliments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Jesus don’t write too many more like this, I’ll jump off a ledge. 5*

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerabout 1 year ago

This one;;kinda hurt.. but it was a car , Same results though... Keep writing... If it slaps folks in the face,. Just proves your a good story teller

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A rare five stars from me. JPB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

After reading through, and skimming over so much dribble and pure crap on this website, it is a pure joy and pleasure to read some good literary Prose. It took me almost 16 months to get over losing my first wife Debbie and the four-month-old child that she was carrying. Unfortunately I lost these two beautiful souls not to an accident but an act of random violence which occurs more and more in our major cities nowadays. I am currently 64 years Young, and my second wife Cindy who is 63 and I've been together ever since we met 18 months after my first wife was taken away from me. With the help of friends and neighbors, I was able to get my justice/revenge on the two assholes who took my wife from me, and then I was able to let the anger and despair go and get on with my life. The timing was right for me to meet my second wife and we have been so blessed with three grown successful adult children and seven grandchildren. Thank you once again for touching my heart and soul with his wonderful piece of literary work

RuttweilerRuttweilerabout 1 year ago
Misty eyed…

It’s easy to get a tear out of me with stories like this.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
I

Gave 5 stars because of feelings it brought I truly hope your still writing, please don't stop. Thanks for this one. No matter how sad it is.

Norseman123Norseman1239 months ago

Brought a tear to my eyes 5*****

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x9 months ago

Hey, TraLaLa Re: lujon2019, instead of being a smart(?)ass, why not give the correct answer? "I fidgeted with the coffee maker, making sure the auto brew settings were set for tomorrow." The ghost didn't make the coffee, HE did using the timer.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTinman_1903@Tinman_1903
9.8.22. Hey everyone, I love getting feedback from everyone, no matter if you enjoyed the story or not. I feel an author has done their job if readers have a strong reaction to the story, whether positive or negative, please keep responding to the new stories published. I ha...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Conversations 06 Previous Part
Conversations Series Info

SIMILAR Stories