All Comments on 'Conversations 08'

by SleeperyJim

Sort by:
  • 78 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I think you should.

I'm totally serious. You should contact Quentin Tarantino and pitch the idea of a modern remake of Othello to him.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
All’s Well That Ends Well

The snarky interrogation of Susan is clever. Fun light rom-com fare. Thanks. A premise worthy of expansion*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
one star

always one star when a woman who "loves" a man steals his childrens life from him

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
I liked it!

Oh, to be rid of that cheat! He traded up and it sounds like wife #1 will never know what she lost. Good story.

Rocket081960Rocket081960over 4 years ago
Very enjoyable!

A very good read. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Convoluted story

Too much Shakespeare and not enough ordinary people. Hard to believe he wouldn't even talk to Eileen and that she wouldn't present him papers requiring child support for his daughter. That was unbelievable. Mediocre poker story telling.

Sam3501Sam3501over 4 years ago
Nice story

Very good story. I like all the stories in the series.

Keep writing them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

You are the king of writing arrogant assholes who deserve to be cheated on and dumbass bitches. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Wonderful story. Well told. Two fives

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Best yet

Really enjoyed this one as we don't get enough Shakespeare in LW. I was Iago in a high school play so I can identify with your protagonist. It was much easier than doing Othello. The poor guy who played Othello will never be able to run for office here in NC. Your idiot wife character, Sue , was a doozy. Pretty gentle BTB on the diseased wretch. Just a very entertaining little story with a happy ending.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 4 years ago
Kind of hard to follow

I don't know if it is the Brit thing or not, but the dialogue and story line is kind or hard to follow. I liked how the story ended. I mean, who doesn't like a happy ending? I could only rate it 3 Stars because of how difficult it is to follow.

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 4 years ago
Noice!

Awww...a happy ending! Hey, it can happen. : )

Her slow admission to lie after lie was funny.

Wait, so I lied about that, but this is the truth...

Wait...

"You managed to make 18 months in to forever." Priceless. ha!

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

It was nice be ended up with Eileen, but Susan should have suffered for all the emotional pain she put them through. He missed out on the first two years of his daughter's life for god's sake!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Why did she get a DNA test?

If she wasn’t screwing around, she knew he was the father.

It wasn’t to reassure herself (unless you forgot to mention that she IMMEDIATELY started sleeping around after he left her)

They weren’t speaking, it took two years to do so, and she never went after him for child support so... what was the point of having a test in hand?

Other than to reassure the eventual reader of her story, it has no purpose.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 4 years ago
Great story

When it comes to BTB or not to BTB (see what I did there, the Shakespeare thing), I think what you said makes sense: "I simply didn't care enough about them." The MC was happy to wash his hands of her, and further involvement, even in the case of revenge, would have simply been too exhausting and unsatisfying.

I think much of the BTB thing comes from a sense of injustice. Courts don't care about justice, they just want to relieve their backlog of cases. So much of the time, one party will be chewing nails because of shabby and unfair treatment by his spouse AND the court system... so he seeks another method to make the guilty pay.

In this story, the MC just wanted shut of her. She screwed herself, he didn't need to do anything. She wasn't able to gain anything from the marriage, so he felt, in the end anyway, that justice had been served and it was best - for him - to move on and into his new family. He's the big winner, she's the loser. Great story, thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too Good

for LW. Worth more than a 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great fun, as always

I do like your writing. In particular this "conversation" series, and this one is another simple, nice fun story. Thank you for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
No wonder she cheated on him:

Let’s recap shall we:

He assaults and attempts to murder her lover. Forcible confinement. Robbery with a weapon. Defamation of character and these are just his actual crimes. He insults her, lies to her and demands answers? Who the fuck does he think he is that she owes him anything?

If some fucktard tried this, j wouldn’t be calling a taxi, I would be calling the cops. Then the restraining order against him along with the divorce for mental and physical cruelty....well...your protagonist would be spending a long time in prison followed by a long period of homelessness.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 4 years ago
You're always clever

even though I didn't really connect with this one as I have with your others, there was nothing wrong with it, according to my moral compass, and was still fine work.

Just happy to see the series continue, and I hope there are more to come.

Still a 5 start effort.

Anything is, if it is well written, and doesn't adhere to the ethics of the cuck brigade.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 4 years ago
wow

idgit he did that shit after he found her just after fucking some guy with his cum all over her. was he suppose to offer him a cup of tea and some crumpets lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not seek Revenge?

Looking forward to your next posting:)

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
Sleepery is a thoughtful guy.

His stories reflect it. This had the usual clichés, but how can an LW story not? We need the basics of cheating and discovery. I enjoyed this story but felt things fell into place a bit too easily and quickly. The guy is happily married, then he isn't. He makes a call. Now he's in love and soon happily married again. I felt the scene between husband and slut was the best part of the story while the rapid resurrection of an old flame was rushed and a bit of a stretch. I will read everything Sleepery posts. He's pretty damn good.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 4 years ago
Quite enjoyable

Clever dialogue with both women. The interrogation of Susan was well done as was the Othelo phone conversation with Eileen.

Well done!

TeslerTeslerover 4 years ago
Keep Writing

Great story! I am glad you did not spend a few pages on revenge. A life lived well and all that was a great ending.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 4 years ago
Good Job!

well written but a little draggy in spots but so was Shakespeare. I really liked the way you incorporated the Othello theme into the narrative. Inspired. Tell me, are you doing Macbeth next? Maybe something from Spenser's The fairey Queen? :)

Best regards,

C

KingBandorKingBandorover 4 years ago
I enjoyed this one immensely

Kudos! Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I wonder.

I wonder how it is that every time we have a reconciliation with a previously unknown child involved, none of guys involved ever show the slightest resentment that someone else had decided that these fathers had no right to be present at their child's birth. No rights to look into their son's or daughter's eyes. No right to first words or first steps or any of those precious 'first' memories? I wonder how these same people get to decide the poor kid doesn't deserve to be around his/her father either. And I wonder how it is that we readers never comment on it. Not just here, but in any story that uses this trope. Then I wonder if maybe I have too much time on my hands.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loved it

Good story and a pleasant surprise from some of the true garbage in this category. Good fun and an interesting tale 5**** Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too Funny ....

Sounds like me with my wife. Being and being married with an intelligent nerd makes life fun.

green117green117over 4 years ago
Thanks!

Liked it lots. And all of the Shakespeare was a welcome bonus!

Green-something

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 4 years ago
oh

sorry some times i wonder if some of the commenters actually read the story. was good it flowed and i enjoyed the plot ty for the read

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 4 years ago
Didn’t see that coming

A very fun romp. I had to re-read twice to get the nuances and lead-ins. :)

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 4 years ago
Well written

Picking up right away with his old GF seemed forced, and it's unlikely she would have kept their child secret, what with child support and all. But the story seems to work okay because your writing is clean, easy to read, and has a light touch. The Shakespeare motif worked well. Heal up and keep writing. You're on my favs list.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 4 years ago
Aww, come on...

Don't give up on Shakespeare yet. He could get "Merry Wives of Windsor!" Well done, SJ. I think you're getting better all the time.

GA

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Take a bow!

Very nice LW story, well written and researched with perfect delivery. Well done.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 4 years ago
Kudos

Cinco, gracias.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
That was a great story with a really good

and plausible resolution. Thanks! I enjoyed it.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 4 years ago
Nice.

Less colourful than earlier Conversations,

but a good solid piece of work.

4 out of 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well done; good writing

But as one who esteems the English Language more highly than most, I will always, whenever appropriate, point out that, for example: "... giving Eileen and I two weeks to make arrangements" is an error, no matter how broadly used nor by whom.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 4 years ago
Impeccable

How generous of you to reenact Shakespeare and not even tell us you were doing it

Love this series by the way.

bruce22bruce22over 4 years ago
This was a happy story despite Othello waiting in the wing.

The moment he mentioned that she dropped out of school first, I had the whole story including Megan. Always make sure the alarm is correctly set.

SanzegoSanzegoover 4 years ago
Depth

Othello is one of my favorite Shakespearean plays. Romeo and Juliet being the first, and you did it justice. No stupid revenge plots, just an actor in the moment of realization. Good job sir and, huzzah.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 4 years ago
Trusts???

Most of the US writers in "Loving Wives" (at least 90%) ALWAYS get the details wrong about Trusts. (Plus Wills also. They just don't understand the Law.) But I thought you would have a better understand given your UK background. Assets of a Trust are NOT part of Matrimonial property. You are a Beneficiary of the Trust. You do not own the cash/assets. The Trust does. If set up prior to the marriage the wife would have zero claim on the assets. So you would not have to give her one penny of the Trust assets, no matter how much is in there.

overwatcheroverwatcherover 4 years ago

Loved it. Thanks for the read. As is the series, well written, lots of different genre's, very well done.

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Very educational

I had a bare minimum of Shakespeare's work in HS and college. Too much violence for me. Another very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
PATHETIC

Just another story about a weak pitiful excuse for a man. So scared that he is going to be by himself that he lets two women manipulate him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
You Might Think Of

M. Night Shyamalan as a director of your movie remake of Othello. That is if you want a few twists and turns with a touch of the supernatural. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
3 Stars

In College I was Forced to be in a Play By Shakespeare .. I know You are Laughing But I Kept My Spot as Linebacker .. Not to mention I got a B in it . Downside The Whole Team Busted My Chops .. Yes a lot of them showed up at the Play .. Man was I embarrassed by them ..

norcal62norcal62about 4 years ago
Once you got to Eileen the story improved.

Nice writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Don't tease your engineer readers

The hug was fusion not fission

And it's nerdy idiots or nerdily idiotic...

kirei8kirei8almost 4 years ago
Great story but I think

Eileen is way too good for him!

Bh76Bh76almost 4 years ago

Clever. 5 stars. I love reading short stories and at the end wishing there were more to it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Love or lust

‘opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference’ this comment seems to occur frequently not only by the author but in other stories. Just a thought but would it not be truer to state ‘the opposite of love is hate, the opposite of lust is indifference’

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I have really enjoyed your Conversations series, and this is one of your best, even if it doesn't really belong there. The dialogue is certainly present, but in the series, the conversations tell most of the story. I don't believe that is the case here; nonetheless, it was quite skillfully told. Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
I just read the first line of this

No sex, sorry.

Are you related to my wife?

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 3 years ago

Very contrived and forced. After they broke up Eileen could not find someone to convey to him that she would pregnant with his child?

Just absurd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A bit off with the whole kid thing. Also Quinton Tarantino does NOT need to make Othello.

ibuguseribuguseralmost 3 years ago

Nicely done. 5* and thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story made me happy. In these times today, that is hard to do. Thank you.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Great story, sometimes first impressions are not real and we really need to communicate. I love the comment by the Anon down below that said: "I read the first line that said no sex in this story, sorry about that and then he said "srae you related to my wife?" Too funny! :)

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Loved your story enough to give it 5 BIG STARS! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Othello

Shakespeare wrote a lot of garbage. A LOT of garbage. I mean a huge steaming pile of.....you get my meaning.

Othello was among the very few, if not the only one, that he got right. It was a masterpiece.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

WoW a happy ending and the guy didn't have to go back to his cuckolder in a very high selfworth romantic manner.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapteralmost 2 years ago

To Anonymous: You are no judge of theatre, especially Shakespeare! Yes Othello is a great play, not the best of his work, but very good. Having acted in Hamlet, a Midsummer Night’s Dream and The Taming of the Shrew I can only assume that you are another culturally clueless American whose ideal drama was Charlie’s Angels!

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNoover 1 year ago

Dang dude! You do crank out some interesting scenarios! And the Quenrin Tarantino crack was a nice touch to end this one. That cracked me up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This guy is an absolute idiot plus a wimpy asshole.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

"Most of them"...?

For me, most means at least six - couple, few, some, many...

She could have used any of those words for 2 through 5 who had certs... meaning likely at least six who *did* and 2-5 who didn't.

So, conservatively, 8-11 people she'd fucked. In eighteen months...

Yeah, pretty sure "slut" applies...

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Wow, Shakespeare! You have to be English.

99 % of Americans out of our non-education mills have likely never heard of him let alone read any of his works.

I really liked this story.

PS: I'm an American, born in 1947, and my High school required 4 years of English studies of which English literature took an entire year. Yes, all of plays. In addition our school had field trips to see some of them: Macbeth, Richard the III and Mid summer nights dream among them.

Today American kids graduate high school with barely 8th grade reading comprehension.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

To Another Chapter.

I'm an American and could not agree with you more. For the most part most Americans are just north of functionally illiterate and know next to nothing, trying to be charitable here, about history further back than last year. The have lost the capacity for discrimination thinking and, as you point out have never heard of, let alone read, ANY English literature.

I went to high school from 1961-65. We were required to have 8 years of English, one entire year coveted all of Shakespeare's plays, English history and contributions to science.

My country was a wonder place now.

Today? We're the laughing stock of the world. We're a fragmenting society that will self-destruct in less than 10 years.

I thank you for your input and your less than charitable comments on the USA are, sadly, both accurate and well deserved.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Well done. Brought a bit of culture to this site. My quibble is how he refused to talk of confront someone he had dated for six years. Someone he claims he knows when she is lying by her voice and how she pronounces certain syllables. I ge the being enraged. But complete ghost and lock out is just cowardly (she called it right). Therr is a reason to confront. There is that small chance that something is not ad it appears. But then without his mistake, never woukd have had the story. Susan's motivations were weird. She had mental issues. Glad he and Eileen got together. Must have been hard bring pregnant and fighting to talk with him for six months to no avail, then he marries Susan and she figures he had her on the side to replace her. Tragedy that turned out to have a happy ending. He finally showed guts calling Eileen back up. She was clearly keeping tabs on him through Penny, his sister, who did not approve of Susan. Wow Susan was dumb.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good story. Bit confused that he didn't confront her at all, just exited the stage and ghosted her completely, falling in with Susan. Susan's motivation seemed short-sighted. A whopping 100k trust fund? Even if she got half, really? I get that Eileen was swxually assaulted and would have been his word vs hers but the MC didn’t even see if she was naked or not below the waist in the car? Never talked to her? For that matter she was pregnant? No one coukd get that information to him via an intermediary? Yeah she thought he used that night as an excuse to go with Susan. She had her own insecurities but she was pregnant or learned soon after. That should be a tiebreaker. Get some brothers or cousins to grab him and make him listen to her. Email bomb him from orbit. Go to mutual friends. Anything. But yeah he was an easy mark for Susan. What a sucker. Eileen was the love of his life. Of course you confront. What the heck do you gave to lose? Gah!

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594195 months ago

I never got into any of that Shakespeare and that blah, wha, wha yadda yadda Bolten literature. Yes what a sad life I have lived if only they had pop up picture books for me.....

🙈🙊🙉💨🤯🧠🧟‍♂️

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A tale well spun. Four solid stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I don’t care if he won’t answer your calls. Send a signature required letter. Tell is mother. Do SOMETHING!!! Women deciding that they don’t need to tell a man that he’s a father is one of the most selfish, cruel things ever!

As for the slut, Iago was sentenced to be imprisoned and tortured for his crimes. Seems like a good punishment for her as well!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I really don't like when exes hide children. And the "cut off the ex completely without allowing any chance of explanation" trope is kinda worn out too. I really do like your "Conversations" series, but this one, not so much.

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germany7 days ago

The master of violent movies was Sam Peckinpah. He never went a road were killing people is somehow cool and a piece of cake. I'd choose Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, The Wild Bunch, The Getaway or Straw Dogs over anything from Quarantino.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous