Conversations

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I had no idea how long we had been sitting and talking. I looked around the back yard and we were the only ones left. The sun was starting to set to the west. I briefly thought "The party is either over or we scared everyone inside?" Jill seemed not to notice. She was still lost in her thoughts about the choices she had made.

"What did I want?" That was the most prevalent thought on my mind. I had been asked several times over the years by well meaning friends and family, not to mention my counselors, "Are you better off with her in your life or out of it?" My resounding response has always been, "Out of it!" But now I'm not so sure. The truth is I miss her. I miss holding each other in bed, winding down as we would talk about our days and our children. I miss laughing together at life's comedy going on around us. I miss the smell of her perfume. I miss seeing her naked wearing only that silly locket. I miss everything. We were perfect once. It would never be again, but then life lived in absolutes, is a life wasted.

"I can do friends Jill. Why don't we make a standing date to have dinner once or twice a month? I think we still have a lot to think and talk about. Including making up for the time we have lost."

Well I'll be damned; she did have some tears left in her.

End notes:

I briefly considered having something terrible happen to Kyle Rittenhouse, but having some evil retribution befall him has become so formula in these stories. Sometimes I think authors include it to mollify the trolls among the readers. Don't get me wrong I like to read all the creative ways wronged husbands get their retribution as much as the next guy, but only when that is the point of the story. It wasn't here.

And finally thanks to my wife for helping make parts of this story more descriptive and realistic. She always helps with the editing too, but as neither of us are 7th grade grammar teachers, you get what you get. And in order to save a few of you the wear and tear on your keyboards, I know there are fragmented sentences in this story. People don't always think or speak in complete sentences!

It's been a really tough time recently on all of our medical professionals, military, and first responders. When you see one just give them a little wave and a smile (if you're not wearing one of those damned masks) as you pass by. It can't hurt.


Share this Story

Similar Stories

A Promise Made, A Vow Broken No such thing as a hall pass when it comes to wedding vows.in Loving Wives
You Can Go Home Again She destroyed his life. Can she build it back again?in Loving Wives
An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
Separate Vacations Keeping running shoes under the bed.in Loving Wives
My Wife wants to Date Other Men My take on the "Honey we have to talk" story.in Loving Wives
More Stories