All Comments on 'Copper River Pt. 01'

by DCCoffeeman

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
G5902G5902almost 2 years ago

Excellent story, I am looking forward to reading chapter two!

Wildbill314Wildbill314almost 2 years ago

Stories like this are good, but they’re so sweet, it’s gonna make my diabetes worse

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Looking forward to chapter two but worried that something will derail their happiness. 5*

skatchy21skatchy21almost 2 years ago

cant wait to see Mitchell get his & hear the stories behind the exes...

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Great beginning! I wonder whatever happened to the little dog?

5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

When I read lit stories, I’m always careful to recognize that you bravely post your creative work for free for which I am thankful. That said, I’m really struggling with a story featuring more improbable and virtually impossible twists than Princess Bride. A disappearing magic dog, a virgin who could be a model and is senior staff at a bank in her late 20’s despite having several obvious screws lose, a mysterious betrayal that sends the virgin into a catatonic state, a viscious manhater friend who turns the virgin into a vicious manhater, the man who was betrayed by his fiancé and is willing to put up with the virgin’s persistent craziness and unwillingness to explain the nature of the betrayal after several months of dating, a company owner who promotes an idiot but is otherwise equal parts Santa and everyone’s favorite grandpa, and no one gets mad when a fellow employee ruins their holiday weekend by sabotaging a software product. In fiction, I’m more than happy to give the author a break on a factual error or using the mysterious hand of fate to get the ball rolling, but you’re going way too far unless you want to move this piece to science fiction.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapteralmost 2 years ago

Ok, this was so cute all that was missing was a few My Little Ponies. Improbable? Not really, more like impossible! How many cliche experiences can you trickle into one short story? You expect a woman in her late twenties who was cheated on the night before her wedding, a bank VP, is an inexperienced virgin, the idiot at his office is made VP over him, the damn dog disappears never to be seen again, his fiancé walks out with no warning, never to be seen again, etc. The only thing you left out was him leaping over tall buildings to save the free world. This had promise at the start but got so saccharine it gave me a tooth ache.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 2 years ago

Well, OK. Virgin? Board outranks the owner? I'll read part 2.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyed it but she still has demons to excise. Thank God this is in the Romance section, so I am optimistic it won't got completely to shit in part 2. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

STEVEN WAS A WEAK WIMPY CUCK!! EVEN THE ARROGANT BITCH HEATHER BASICALLY CALLED HIM A PERVERT AND MOLESTER YET HE STILL ENTERTAINED HER!! WIMP

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really strange that Heather's parents didn't send her for counseling, she really needs to see a therapist!! Again, this MC seems to be an easy going wimp

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Something Heather said resonated with me deeply: "It always amazes me how people can hurt the ones they supposedly love in such hurtful fashions." Except replace "amazes" with "terrifies the shit out of". My mind goes into overdrive with scenarios of being betrayed especially when you read stories like this. One minute everything is fine, the next your fiancé has disappeared, cancelled everything and blocked you. I mean what the fuck? It's hard to have any trust in someone when things like that are swimming around in the recesses of your mind.

Unexpected bonus that she was a virgin, as unlikely as that may be. I guess that helps explain why her pain was so intense when he fiancé cheated on her (and of course, as cliché dictates, with her best friend). Fucking scumbag Jerry.

Yes, there are many questionable plot holes and things that could have been better explained, but I'm not going to nitpick. Overall it's a good story and hopefully no weird shit or falling apart in part 2.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman4 months ago

interesting and so far only thru 2 pages. BUT, a lost dog dragging a leash in a snowstorm and no follow up? Her "friend" Julia turns her mind so easily? But, I will finish it as I want to see what happens: at work with Mitchel, Heather's parents, that probably sit on his companies board or own it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDCCoffeeman@DCCoffeeman
All the stories I write are pure fiction, with the ideas coming from the deep recesses of my mind. I sometimes use real places and businesses, but I don't endorse any of them -- they are simply used in the story. I hope you enjoy what you read!

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES