Costumes and Second Chances

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The things I do for my children," Mike muttered to himself. Louise wanted to play the adoptive princess of the line. Her character had been orphaned by an attack of magical forces and the sacrifice of her mother to close a portal, sealing off the invasion. The princess, along with her adopted sister and a cousin were embarked on their own quest, this time hoping to forestall the reopening of the portal permanently. "How come you two didn't wear costumes?"

"Michelle didn't feel like going sexy this year, and we ran out of time." Jason handed him the battle helmet he had been holding.

"Why aren't you the one wearing this git-up?" Mike affixed it to his head with a chin strap that he knew would irritate his skin by the end of the night.

"I'm not the one that we are trying to get laid. Plus, Michelle says you look a lot more like the prince." Jason smirked.

"You don't think helping Michelle win again is going to get you laid?" Mike smiled back at him.

"I haven't needed help on that front. Michelle has been insatiable since we got pregnant."

"That happened with Deb's first pregnancy. I remember having lots of fun." Mike took the axe that Jason was proffering and slung it over his shoulder. "No time like the present," Mike said as he blew out a breath and walked out.

Michelle was seated on a bench across the hallway as they emerged. "Looking good, Mike!" Michelle was a petite, slender African American with a warm complexion and expressive brown eyes. Like Jason, she was wearing street clothes, an elegant pink dress that looked fantastic. Her braided black hair was festooned with black, purple, and orange beads for the occasion. Her infectious smile had overcome Jason's formerly gruff exterior; he seemed so much happier than before he met his wife. Jason's effect on her had reinforced her demeanor to new heights. They were perfect for each other.

"You did great work as always." The trio traveled back to the main ballroom; it was absolutely packed with patrons. Each ticket sold went half to the fundraising; the other half was split to purchase the food and beverages for the party that went along with the contest. Twenty-five percent was split evenly between the winner of the men's and women's divisions. The vast majority of the thrumming mass of the community was not active participants. Jason and Michelle blended in far better than he did.

Even with the fraction that had entered the contest, at least half of them looked to be wearing low-effort or store-bought costumes. He scrutinized the better of the regalia; not very many seemed to have gone the more traditional horror or macabre-based decoration. No one else was wearing anything from the same popular cartoon, but he was far from out of place. He fetched a beer from the bar; unfortunately, their selection was either IPAs or light beer that tasted like slightly dirty water. The beer he got tasted of a pleasant grapefruit and not like it was brewed from pinecones. It was almost tasty, not that he would be admitting that to Jason anytime soon.

Mike affected the façade of the brash but warm-hearted prince as he made the rounds talking to people he hadn't seen since he had moved out to go to college. After the fourth or fifth time of going through his life since college, he scoped out a seat away from everyone. He just needed a few minutes to sip his beer quietly. Even leaning into his borrowed persona, Mike could only take recounting the pain so many times before he was utterly exhausted. Maybe he wasn't ready for it. Mike started to get up, to apologize to Jason and Michelle, and head home. Before he could leave, he saw the future Queen walk into the room with an entourage of equally stunning women. Maybe I can hang out just a little longer.

Ellie -- An hour before the party

Steam from the recent shower still caressed Ellie's naked skin as she dropped her towel and cleaned off the bathroom mirror. She sang along with her phone as it blared out an optimistic tune, sound filling the small space. Something about working on costumes again had her smiling; Ellie had forgotten how much joy her hobby gave her. She loved creating, how she could change fabric, leather, vinyl, plastic, and foam into something stunning. The memory of Todd and his duplicity had tried to rob her of one of the two things Ellie cherished most in life. The relationship had also created a girl that she held above all others.

There was something else keeping her excellent mood going, other than an overwhelming sense that tonight was going to be special. Heather dragging her in to get her kitty waxed, had reawakened something in her. Ellie felt sexier than she had been since before Todd. Elanor had been incredibly horny since the appointment and a couple days of recovery. If she had been at her own apartment, perhaps Ellie would be sneaking to her room right now to get in one more session with her vibe. Although she had never been one for one-night stands, El could be persuaded to try one this evening.

It had been well over four years since Ellie had fucked anyone. Todd had impregnated her the last time she had sex; it was the only time they had ever coupled without a condom. At the time, she thought they would be married just a few months later. Her pregnancy was the catalyst for everything falling apart, though pregnant or not, something would have happened before the wedding. Ellie wouldn't trade Katelynn for the world, but the man would be wearing a condom if she hooked up tonight, even if she was on birth control. Katelynn didn't need a sibling anytime soon.

Ellie hadn't intended to live a celibate life, she had attempted to date when Katelynn was younger, but two terrible dates and a pandemic derailed any attempts for romance. For one guy, everything seemed to have started out fantastic. He was friendly, charming, and handsome. They had a terrific first date, with a passionate kiss at the end of the night. He never called her again after that; he found out she had a kid and wanted nothing to do with her. The second had the opposite problem; as soon as he found out she had a kid, the asshole assumed she would put out.

Without wrapping in a towel again, Ellie stained her lips a vibrant, blood-red to match the wig for the thief. Green eye shadow would accent her eyes the dark forest green cloak, fastened with a symbol of the kingdom. It would be after Anna had saved the prince and become a protector of the crown in the time frame. The clasp was an impromptu medal for her valor, forged out of one of the prince's pieces of regalia. Taking a step back from the sink, she admired her naked body. She was now, no question about it, in the best shape of her life. Her alabaster skin was just losing the hot water-caused pink cast. Her breasts were large and perky, her tummy was not displaying abs but was tight and flat. Her labium had a delicate pink tone to them, matching her tiny nipples. There was a sheen on her thighs; Ellie knew that was not all caused by the shower but a simmering desire in her body.

Something possessed her; she needed to get Heather to help her into her corset armor. Ellie should have at least put on a robe or her discarded panties, but she felt like showing off. Poking her head out of the door, she caught Heather's eyes as she was lounging on her bed across the hall, playing with her phone. "Are they back yet?"

"They just left; why?" Cheryl and Juan took the kids to get some supper before it was time to deliver the trio to Ellie's parents. They would still be coming back by Heather's as Katelynn insisted on seeing mommy in her costume before she left.

Ellie did not answer in words but instead threw open the door and walked across the hallway. "I need help getting into my uniform." Heather's eyes tracked up and down her body, drinking in her closest friend and one-time lover. Her mind flashed to a vivid memory of Heather's skillful hands and tongue. Heather had been Ellie's lone female lover, but she had the feeling that Ellie was far from her first.

"Damn." Heather stared agog. "You are not just going to the bonfire; you are going to be the star of the show." Standing to her feet, Heather walked closer to her friend. Ellie could see wanting in her warm eyes; did she want another roll in bed? If Heather were to kiss her, it would take an act of God to prevent her from ripping off her clothes. She craved cock, but she was just so horny. "Wow, give me a turnaround," Heather commanded boldly.

Without protest, Ellie complied. Heather gave her bottom a sharp slap. "Ouch!" Ellie complained though it had been far more exciting than painful.

"You have great boobs, but that ass is the main attraction." Heather grabbed one hand and pulled her toward her bedroom, where the rest of Ellie's costume awaited. "We better get you dressed; we don't need you to get caught by the kids."

"Yeah, you're right. I need help with the corset armor."

"I remember the plan. It's nice to see you like this."

"Naked?" Ellie couldn't help a giggle and slight blush.

"Yes and no," Heather picked up the corset piece and strapless bra with a matching red thong. "Don't get me wrong, you look fantastic, but I am talking about you being comfortable showing skin again." Ellie took the panties and slowly, almost seductively pulled them on. "Cheryl and I noticed; I was glad to see you in your all together again."

"Yeah, sorry." Ellie clasped on the strapless bra.

"No need to apologize; God knows I have had my issues. I feel more anxious when in my clothes, though." Heather smiled at her, though she looked a little pained to confess.

"I had noticed that." Ellie grabbed a pair of black thigh-high stockings; they contrasted nicely with her creamy skin. "Todd's deceit really fucked me up. Getting waxed got me over something, I think."

"Don't let anyone else on my secret, but..." Heather trailed off and pulled up her short green and white dress, revealing her gorgeous pussy free of panties. "It lets me stay calm, feeling a little naked."

"It'll be our secret," Ellie said with a smile.

"At least until we get to the bonfire." Heather let her dress fall then helped her into her tight corset.

"What's that mean?"

"I can't tell you, you haven't been to a bonfire yet." Heather just smiled.

Even with the skirt in place, there was a latent sexuality to the costume. Ellie put on her long, luscious red wig. The hair color made her light green eyes pop; maybe she would have to try dyeing her mop of wavy curls in the future. She attached the cloak and then the brass roundel to her left arm. Another symbol of her character becoming the protector from the thief. Clasped to her belt were a stiletto on one side and a foam short sword on the opposite. It looked realistic, though she would have liked to weather the dagger further; she ran out of time. The hood to obscure her eyes completed the look, not quite fully reformed, but along a road to redemption.

"Anna!" belted out a small, excited voice a few minutes later. Katelynn was hopping with excitement. "Mama looks just like Anna!" Cheryl was standing behind her, a look of pride on her face.

"You like it, Katie?"

"Yeah, yeah!" She laughed and jumped further before her face suddenly became sullen. "But if you not Queen yet, how can I be princess?" A tear suddenly rolled down her cheek.

Oh, the fun of a little one that skipped her nap today. "It's okay sweetie, I'll be the Queen on Sunday for your birthday."

"That is so far away!" Katelynn yelled out with more tears.

"Two more sleeps, my love, and it will be Halloween and your birthday! Can you be a good girl for Grammy and Pop-pop tonight? Your cousins are going to be there."

"I wanna go with you!"

Ellie bent down and kissed her on the top of her forehead. "You can't tonight, sorry, babe. If I don't go on my quest, I won't save the world, and I can't get the princess on Halloween."

"Aww..." Ellie scooped her daughter into her arms and walked her back down to the car; Juan would drop them off and Ellie's parents and then meet them at the party. "Love you, mama!"

"I love you always, Katelynn. I will see you tomorrow." She stood and waved as Juan drove off with the children.

"Ready for this?" Cheryl put a hand on her shoulder. Ellie nodded. "Then let's go get you laid!"

When they arrived, the shindig was already in full swing. Heather was clad in an elfin archer guise, fitting for her general build. It was a mishmash of store-bought and an ornate bow that Ellie had made for her a past cosplay. It was leagues better than most of the costumes that adorned the party-goers. Cheryl had thrown together a very authentic-looking classic Halloween witch.

Most of the event was people in were not wearing anything festive. Regardless of the official line being a harvest fest and not Halloween, the ballroom was festooned with jack-o-lanterns, all the rigmarole of the kitschy, spooky holiday. There were even cobwebs adorning and outlining a dance floor. Ellie was drawn to one of the least busy bartenders. Sitting in the corner, she saw her prince. The man was tall, with tan skin, like lightly toasted bread. He was indeed showing a lot of it. He was muscular; it looked like his arms could swallow her up in the best way possible.

The costume work was stupendous. Every piece looked out of the cartoon, even if the character had much less screen time as the prince than as a wizened and kindly king. The axe that was buckled to his back was a piece of art. As Ellie checked the prince out, she looked for a ring or a tell-tale light patch of skin on his finger. He had neither, though he did look a little out of sorts. Her mind flashed into a vignette of the pair falling into her bed. Riding what she hoped was a large cock until she got her to fill. Ellie blushed when his eyes found hers, even if they were slightly obscured by a battle helm. His mouth formed into a cocky little grin. She needed to get to know this prince. Heather beat her to it. Was she on the prowl or playing wing-woman?

Mike -- that same time.

Mike couldn't help stare at the vision of the princess stepping boldly in his direction. In the cartoon, her character was somewhere between the thief and the true protector. She still had her dagger attached to her belt but also had Prince Jan's medallion clasping her cloak and a fallen honor guard's shield on her left arm. Other than the woman's height, Anna was taller than the prince in the cartoon; she could have walked out of the screen. A bit closer inspection of her corset turned armor, and Mike was convinced she was also far more stacked than her cartoon inspiration. Her tight body and long legs had his full attention; it was a fight to look her in the eyes instead of continuing to drink in her form. She blushed and smirked when their eyes met.

"Hello there, Prince," A tall, lithe woman sidled up to the vacant spot beside them. She was dressed as an elf, a woody tiara, and an expertly crafted bow made her seem like an easy competitor for the evening. "Eldrya," She extended a hand in greeting. This woman was beautiful and elegant, but her height and long straight hair reminded him too much of Deborah. Mike had to fight against a wave of grief coming up unbidden.

You're the prince, be the prince. Mike decided to play in the fantasy setting and kissed her hand. "Pleased to meet you, madam, I'm..."

"No real names, not tonight, Prince Jan. Care to play along?" The elf woman said seductively.

"Jan will do." Mike pronounced the J as if it was a Y.

"Fun, I believe Anna desires to greet you. Are you here with anyone?"

"Just my brother and his wife."

"Excellent, maybe we can all have a good time. Be a good boy and fetch us three merlots." Eldrya beckoned the woman playing Anna over to them.

Mike pivoted around in his seat and ordered three wine glasses from the bartender with haste. When he turned back, Eldrya had been joined by Protector Anna and a witch. The witch was a curvy, slightly thicker witch with mischief evident on her features. She was as beautiful as the other two; he couldn't help noticing the large diamond ring on her left hand. He thought the three would easily compose the women's division's podium unless the room's composition changed. "Greetings, I am called Jan, and you are?" He turned to the witch first, leaving the best for last.

"We are using only our character names this evening." The elf repeated her instructions to the others.

"Esmeralda," The witch held up her hand to be kissed lightly in greeting.

"Anna,"

"Your costumes are fantastic," Mike said after kissing Anna's hand.

"Why, thank you, I am pleased that we are not competing in the same division." Anna's voice sounded familiar, but he couldn't place the origin. "Did you make yours?"

"No, I wish I could take credit for it. My brother's wife made it. I am just the model."

"You fill it out well." Esmeralda complimented him.

"Is she competing?"

"No, she declined this year." Mike hesitated just a moment. "She's pregnant and apparently did not want to wear something sexy this year." He handed out the three glasses of wine and then took a hasty, long sip of his beer. Anxiety wanted him to run, but he steadied himself, leaning into his character's personality.

"I see we both had similar ideas for the evening."

"Your armor looks amazing. Did you make it?"

"Yes, I did." Anna blushed again. "I made everything I am wearing or holding."

"She made my bow and tiara." The elfin woman interjected.

"Quite the talent."

"Thanks."

The clumped quadrangle fell into conversation, laughter flowed as they discussed topic after topic. He didn't have to pretend to be the prince for longer than the introduction. Mike noticed that they would refocus their discussion away from things such as family or friends. It seemed they wanted to retain a level of anonymity, Mike played along. Talking to someone other than family and kids felt great. Both the elf and Anna were flirting heavily if Mike wasn't missing the signals. They must have talked for an hour, slowly nursing drinks as they conversed.

"If you will excuse us, we have a few friends to go meet up with. Hope to catch you on the podium." Anna smiled with a wave.

"Yeah, I better go check in with my brother and his wife." Mike watched as the three ladies left. Anna had a fantastic little booty, evident even in the stiff battle skirt. He looked around and spotted Jason and Michelle at a corner booth.

"How's it going?" Jason smiled.

"Good, I think."

"She was cute." Michelle smiled.

"Yeah, and playing Anna from the same show. Was she flirting with you?"

"I think so."

"You get her number."

"No."

"C'mon, Mike, you need to learn to play the game again," Michelle said with an annoyed smile.

"Should I got find her?"

"No, play it cool, casually run into them again."

Mike switched between his brother and roaming to greet long-lost friends. He tried to chat with a few more ladies but did not find anything approaching his chemistry with the trio. Each time he needed to break from iterating the same story, he would discover Jason and Michelle in the middle of another conversation. Mike never managed to run into the trio again. Though he did get close to Anna a couple of times, they would catch one another's vision each time. She would shyly blush and then give him a little wave, turning away before her elvish friend saw them. There was something about the young woman that had his rapt attention. Her friend didn't seem to want them to get together again. Mike started to feel a little dejected when the announcer came on the microphone.

"Good evening, judges have been out in the crowd. Please come up on the stage if we call your number." Mike had been given a number that was tucked into one of his armbands. "For the men's division, Five, sixty-three, and eighty-two, please come to the stage." Mike held number sixty-three; he looked over to Michelle with a smile. She responded with a shrug, then beamed that infectious smile across the room. He gave her a bow and then rushed to the stage.