All Comments on 'Could Have Been'

by littleOneWon

Sort by:
  • 48 Comments
Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 1 year ago

gosh I hate a cheater got the good life.

while Billie Joe, a hard working husband, got his life ended -- not fair at all

I almost got wishing Fannie would cheat on him too.

didn't like this much

spud65spud65about 1 year ago

Very interesting read. Almost as if the author experienced this first hand… kudos to you…

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yes, there's a risk that things can go awry when you mess around with people who are married.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

interesting story!

4

amygdalaamygdalaabout 1 year ago

A word to the wise, especially the young who are being driven by the little head and not the big one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Payment would be required.

He should lend his wife so that she can deflower a young man, and he will end up in Billy Joe's place.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It started out so boring I stopped reading. Sorry mate, nothing grabbed me and screamed continue reading. Where are the newer authors with something worth reading? Checking Lit everyday has become mundane with few rewards.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A very different and engaging story. It was certainly a cautionary tale about infidelity…even if the MC came away unscathed. Thanks!

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 1 year ago

If LittleOneWon was a racehorse... he would win a prize for this one! Congratulations and Thank You for the story. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Some kind of bullshit! What does it mean if the skin for the reconstruction of the vagina is transplanted from the right palm, then sexual arousal, and then orgasm will be with each long and intense handshake?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Decent. I liked that he DID find Fannie, and I’d like to think they DID make it a happy lifetime marriage.

.

3 ***

miket0422miket0422about 1 year ago

Interesting perspective.

It might have been interesting if instead of viewing from the selfish perspective of ... Holy shit that could have been me that got shot ... If he had viewed it from Billie Ray's perspective. Now that he's married to Fannie he could understand how hurt and angry he would be if he walked in on Fannie having sex with another guy.

He could have stopped to think about how bad of a situation his brother put him in by hooking him up with a married woman. His hero worship of his brother takes a huge hit.

Or even from Larry Ray's perspective having been in his shoes. Granted Larry Ray was a scumbag going after a married woman but, them again Madge had a reputation as being a fun slut to play around with so as much as her fear of the cancer returning shaped her views about having fun her attitude ruined multiple other lives.

Multiple other perspectives Jules could have looked at this from. Maybe he could have finally let go of his teenage crush on Madge and stopped holding that piece of his heart away from Fannie.

kirei8kirei8about 1 year ago

Really good story. Thanks !

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Not 100% sure why it was so important Fannie not know about Madge other than maybe our "hero" presented himself to Fannie as a man of virtue? 5*

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 1 year ago

Certainly a very different type of story especially in the Loving Wives category. You managed the story beautifully and the ending, while not a total surprise, was treated in a way where you felt the emotional connection between the teacher and student and the now man and his wife!

Regguy69Regguy69about 1 year ago

Good one! A new storyline in LW is always welcome. He indeed was a lucky bastard. Madge had her reasons for screwing around, but she owed it to Bille Joe to be honest with him and let him decide if he wanted that type of marriage/relationship. I don't think adultery is a capital offense, but she should have known how he would react.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another excellent report. Not much of a story though

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It should have been him!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Fannie will become the next Madge. If she didn't fully invest in Jules until he ran the bases, then she picked him for the sex. When he gets a bit older and his performance starts to fall off, she'll seek to make up for it elsewhere.

Rolando1225Rolando1225about 1 year ago

Wow, what abeautiful story of sex, love, and betrayal, all attributes of human beings. It was beautifully writen and I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hmmmm.... different and well done!

pepepilotpepepilotabout 1 year ago

A much better story than the run-of-the-mill that we seem to be inundated with in LW. Thank you.

maxx308maxx308about 1 year ago

I have no other words except WOW!

Thanks for your story.

maxx308maxx308about 1 year ago

A beautiful story, wow, thanks.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerabout 1 year ago

Uniques storyline -- 5* from me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I think that this is your best story.

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianabout 1 year ago

A nice story. Sure, there was cheating on Madge’s part but she sort of had an excuse because of the cancer. There was also a decision to a total commitment between the MC and his wife. Madge probably knew how her death would occur but that’s part of the story. Keep up the good work. MtM

Phoenix2019Phoenix2019about 1 year ago

Excellent story. Thank you for sharing.

Dobbin55Dobbin55about 1 year ago

The MC was correct, you should hate Madge as a cheater, but the fact she'd had the cancer and felt she was living on borrowed time, thinking the cancer could well return, does emote sympathy for the way she carried on her life. Though she, maybe, should have handled it differently, by divorcing her husband and then there would have been no guilt about having so many lovers/fuckbuddies! A good, well told story! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The saddest part of the story is that Madge stayed trapped in the life she was living and eventually died because of it. She's really the only noteworthy character in this tale. You get a 5* rating because of the excellent characterization of Madge and for the excellent quality of the writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow .now that is a story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sorry. But who speaks like that?

Couldn't get past his 1st time. No one would say all that, especially that way.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

That did not turn out the way I was expecting. Great story!

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60about 1 year ago

Excuse me, take my name outta this story 😂 I would never "hit" a married female.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I wonder when Fannie will get HPV from her husband and hope she gets regular Pap smears.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I couldn't help but thinking that in any other LW story, most of us would have been screaming for revenge on the MC. Couldn't manage to work up any empathy for him. He's as big a piece of crap as any "other man" that I've read about do far, and I wanted him to get caught, if not killed. Also, what's up with the brother? "You watch me fuck her, then I'll watch you..." No thanks, freak!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Did Madge really have an excuse for her life choices? Maybe. Maybe not.

But either way, she was a tragic character and easy to love despite her flaws.

That elevated this story to another level, where the putrid stain of infidelity is not such a black-and-white, one dimensional sin.

Thus, this is a story of humanity.

The MC, despite committing himself to his new-found love, was still wrong and weak, to allow himself to be put in the situation with Madge, and shows the real danger and evil in illicit affairs... That the physical act can lead to emotional entanglement and true betrayal. Madge may have fallen deep enough to take him up on his offer to leave. Did her husband deserve that? Did he deserve to have a wife that could allow feelings for another, lead to that kind of betrayal? Did he deserve to be in a fight for her heart, after already having been given promises of "for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to have and to hold from this day forth?

No.

I am sure the husband felt as much for Madge as the MC did and more, and albeit fiction... and great fiction I might add, the husband, Madge, and some other random trying his luck are all dead and it cannot be undone.

None of the characters except the new wife are beyond reproach, but the brother is the worst of them all. Not only does he not value loyalty and virtue, but he is the consummate asshole. Full of his own ego, not concerned with whether his actions cause another harm. Selfish and insidious, enjoying the benefit of the genetic lottery that allows him to get away with playing with other people's affection and honour.

He will probably end up as the other person in another murder-suicide news item, and if he does, there is no doubt that he would have deserved it.

I feel sad for the tragic Madge, but I also feel sad for the wife. She may never get to learn it, but her husband is not quite worthy of her.

All in all, this story is a very good reflection of the human condition.

5 from me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hi Regguy69,

I just wanted to comment on whether infidelity is a capitol offence.

Despite the corruption of the laws now, infidelity truly is a crime. The promises made in vows are a contract in the truest sense of the word, which requires a meeting of the minds, an agreement made with eyes wide open and full disclosure. So if the contract is breached, actual laws are broken, no matter what the powers that be would have you believe.

But taking a life... well, that is a while other level of wrong. It doesn't match the crime. It's like... if you hit someone in self defence and it stops the attack, you're thoroughly justified and acting lawfully. But if you keep pummeling the attacker once the threat has been neutralised, and if you cause real damage in the follow-through, then you are guilty of assault, and deserve the full weight of punishment. You've done it out of revenge.

All of that is part of the social contract, and is just codification to enable society to categorise and weigh people's actions, to respond to a situation and try and prevent anarchy.

BUT...

We still have free will. No matter the controls out in place, society is never going to be able to stop the exercising of free will.

In the moment when a person becomes so enraged, when they feel betrayed enough that nothing outside the situation makes a damn bit of difference... indeed, doesn't even exist, then the one who seeks out revenge is creating their own set of laws, and society means nothing.

People do get pushed to that all the time. Right or wrong, it can come to the point where they do something that was not expected, and tragedy ensues.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong... Actually I lie, it is wrong. But that don't amount to a hill of beans. No matter how wrong, it doesn't change the outcome, and the law, and society, has no say in it.

That's the reason why you should live in honour. That's the reason why you shouldn't play with fire. Because of you push someone to the point that they commit a crime of passion... well, you may not deserve the level of push-back, but if you drove them to it, it's all in you. And one type dead, waddayagunnadoaboutit?

That's why I always laugh at people who complain about BTB outcomes. It's all just fantasy, most unrealistic, but if a cheat does happen to get burnt in some way, the outcome is on them. Every time. No matter what it is, in fiction or in life.

And I for one, am happy to let playback be whatever it is going to be. Without the betrayal in the first place it would never have happened.

This is me just jabbering on, sharing thoughts, but you can't say I'm wrong.

ribnitinribnitinabout 1 year ago

Loved it! Except for the last line. It's cheapened the guy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yeah, I agree with ribnitin. His main take from the tragedy was "whew!"?

GladstonGlieseGladstonGlieseabout 1 year ago

A story where every character, save for the wife, is unlikeable played for poignancy. Wow

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 1 year ago

Interesting story.

Feels like a true one to me.

To good comments I want to add one thing;

The horniness of teenage years.

This guy broke two rules.

His own of no sex without love

and the rule of society

on not having sex with people in relationships.

Yes, we can criticize him for it.

But I bet most guys would've done the same thing

in his situation.

The sexual pull is just so strong.

And never stronger than during teenage years.

It takes time to learn to control our urges.

We mustn't judge inexperience too hard.

Top ratings from me.

AllNigherAllNigher10 months ago

Good story. You did trust something from another story with the big red one reference. This kind of thing makes the stories feel derivative to me but at least I'm the three stories I read there wasn't a much repetition.

Sad, felt real. Not thrilled with the guys morals, or his lover s, or his brothers. That said, feels like real people for the most part, not saints and devils like in other stories.

Well done

HighBrowHighBrow7 months ago

Highly original and interesting Femdom agitprop.

mariverzmariverz7 months ago

nop, no es para mi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

It should have been him, and yes, regardless of what the law is today, adultery IS a capital offense. Always has been, always will be! Adultery destroys families. It creates uncertainty regarding paternity, it leads to children being raised without fathers, and is one of the most corrupting influences on society.

/

Children of parents who committed adultery are more likely to be sexually abused, usually by mom’s boyfriend. They are more likely to become drug addicted, and criminal offenders.

/

Almost everything wrong in America traces directly to when adultery was decriminalized. That led to no fault divorce, which led to women getting pregnant without even marrying at all. If the only children not living full time with their biological father were orphans, there would be a LOT less misery!

/

ZK

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlittleOneWon@littleOneWon
I write as hobby. I try to avoid formula pieces as much as possible. No came home early, found a car in the driveway, etc. Having said that, it's probably impossible to make a completely new story. As the good book says, "There's nothing new under the sun." I'm sure that stori...