Cousins Meet Again after 15 Years Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Are you sure? I don't want to be pushy but isn't his ex going to be at the party?"

"He said he wasn't sure and I could care less."

"Well I'll bet you a hundred bucks she´ll care, she'll be there and she'll pull every trick in the book to try to get him back. I've been there, I've been that woman. She is coming with everything she´s got."

"Even so, I have to trust him, otherwise this will never be the relationship I yearn for."

Alma helped her get ready, Cindy looked beautiful and elegant.

"Have I ever told you I never went to prom?"

"Well me neither, we don't have those back in Mexico, I had my quinceañera though, but you are fifteen, kind of like sweet sixteen. Well, I have to get going, I have a date with a classmate, wish me luck."

"Good luck Alma and have a great time, and tell me all about it tomorrow."

"You too," said Alma as she closed the bedroom door behind her.

She took a few more minutes to decide what jewelry to wear. She decided on a golden set. A pair of loop earrings and a thin gold necklace that joined a single string at the collar bone with a Swarovski stone at the tail end.

There was a knock on the apartment and wondered if Alma had forgotten something. Trent was still taking a shower when she heard the water running a few minutes ago.

"What did you forg..."

Standing at the door was Jean with a light pink dress that clung to her body like a second skin. Her hair was tied at the top into a ponytail just like Trent liked. High heels, beautiful green eyes, and skin. Tall and slender, she looked like a Barbie doll.

´Damn, I should have worn the red dress!´

"Hi, can I help you?" Jean seemed confused. Cindy was confused and truthfully a little intimidated.

"Is... is Trent here?"

"Hi Jean, I'm Cindy, nice to meet you, Trent is in his room taking a shower. Do you want to come in?"

"I'm sorry, you live here with him?" She said as she looked at Cindy up and down with a surprised look and not a pleasant one.

`That's right honey, his living with me´. She thought to herself.

"Actually he is the one who just moved here. This is my apartment, well our apartment, I have to start getting used to calling it that way. "

"And you are?"

"I'm Cindy, I'm leasing the office space with Trent". She wanted to tell her right there she was Tren't girlfriend but she didn't want to be ´that person´, it was a situation that was for Trent to deal with, and she didn't want to intrude.

"Oh! I knew that, I just didn't know it was a woman. And much less that you were moving in together."

Hearing that, she naturally assumed it was just convenience that Trent chose living with his co-tenant, after all, it was right next to the office, such a Trent thing to do she thought. After all, is not like he had "moved on" so quickly right?

Her energy changed and she walked in as she dropped her bag and her coat on the table as if she walked into her boyfriend's apartment.

"What is this place?"

"It's my studio, I'm a dancer and instructor."

"Really? Great! maybe you could teach me some stuff when I come to visit Trent."

"Oh, you are too old."

"Excúseme?!"

"I mean, I only teach children."

Trent came out of his room with a towel wrapped around his waist and another one over his head as he dried his hair.

"Cindy, did you get the door? I heard a knock."

"Yeah, you have a visit."

Trent felt the discomfort in her voice. He stopped and looked up to see Jean standing in the living room.

"Jean? What... What are you doing here?"

"Well I left the apartment a little early to find you, I think you and I need to have a talk before the party."

"But how did you find me here? I haven't told anyone where I'm staying."

Alma was right, this woman was cunning and she was bringing her "A" game. Cindy thought to herself.

"I'll leave you too alone then, I'll be next door."

"Thank you Cin, I'll meet you there in a few minutes. Jean, I'll just get changed and meet you at the terrace."

Jean sensed the tension between them. Especially in Trent's voice.

Looking at the two beautiful girls standing at the apartment, his recent past and his new future Trent realized the night was going to be `complicated´.

Jean walked into Trent's room after Cindy had left. She closed the door behind her as Trent was putting on his slacks.

"Jean what the hell? What are you doing? I told you I'll meet you at the terrace."

"What is the big deal? I've seen you get dressed a million times before."

"We were together then."

"We are not together now because you ran off without saying a word, do you know how that made me feel? I had to ask around to figure out where you were. I even called your mother!"

She said that as if it was torture she had to call her `boyfriends mother´.

"I think I know who exactly you asked. Look, you had clearly made your choice. There was nothing else to say."

"I told you I needed time, I never thought of myself as a married woman. We were happy the way things were right?."

"Yeah! Until I found out you were sleeping around with other men."

"We weren't exclusive, it meant nothing. I'm sure you did it too and I was ok with that!"

"YOU weren't exclusive, we were living together Jean, did I have to spell it out for you?"

"Yes! I love you, I would have been exclusive with you. And then out of nowhere you felt threatened and give me an engagement ring, I was confused as hell Trent, yet if you had given me the opportunity I would have said yes! I'm here to say yes!"

She threw her arms around his neck and kissed him in the mouth as she pressed her body into him.

Trent was shocked and speechless.

"It's too late Jean, I'm with Cindy now he said as he gently left her lips."

"What? You were planning on spending the rest of your life with me and suddenly just two weeks later you filled your bed with someone else? I don't think so, she is just a rebound, she is just payback. But I have your ring, that means something and I'm not giving you up that easy."

With that, she turned around and left the apartment.

He saw her walk away, her hips swaying, her tight ass bouncing with each step, `Oh god!´ Having her here stirred feelings and desires that he had relegated in favor of anger and spite. Now they all came flushing back at once. She just gave him a big reminder of what drove him insane with desire when he was with her.

Trent sat on the bed, a thousand thoughts, a million feelings going through his head right now. Suddenly he didn't want to be at that party anymore.

Stop running Trent, time to face the music.

SYNTHETIC

The party had about fifty guests. Half of them came down from SF and the other half were clients and people of influence in NY.

There was an inaugural ribbon, and a couple of photographers took pictures as the board members cut the lace with big scissors. As soon as the formalities were done, the waiters started offering drinks and food treats.

Trent introduced Cindy to his coworkers and guests. Jean was working the room, making small talk with the clients. Mark seemed sad and was trying to make eye contact with Jean, but she seemed to be ignoring him blatantly.

Trent felt kind of sorry for the guy, after all, he was an unaware victim of the circumstances.

Jean kept glancing in Trent's way and Cindy started to feel uncomfortable, but she would manage, after all, Trent was by her side, that's all that mattered. As long as Jean was part of the company she was going to be part of Trent's life and she had to get used to it if she wanted a healthy relationship.

Mark approached Trent and Cindy.

"Hi, Mark! This is Cindy, Cindy, this is Mark. Mark is the CFO of the company, thanks to him everything went as scheduled, money was never an issue."

"Hi Cindy, you are too beautiful to be hanging around this geek, he said playfully."

"Haha, thank you Mark, but I'm the lucky one, he's the one stuck with my mess."

"I don't know about that, but tell me, how did you guys meet?"

Well, we met once in Europe fifteen years ago, Trent and his mom stayed with us in France for a week, he participated in a martial arts tournament but we lost touch until two weeks ago when I learned he was in NY looking for office space so I had to show him this great place. One video call later and here we are.

Jean saw them chatting and laughing so she approached Mark from behind and gave him a little squeeze in his lower back as she asked what they were talking about.

Mark's face seemed to light up again. "Trent and Cindy were just telling me how they met."

"Oh, I bet is a cute little story," she said in a diminishing manner.

No, it was pretty cool, like a romance novel, Trent stayed with her and her mom in Europe fifteen years ago for a martial arts tournament in France.

Her eyes lit up, not caring anymore who found out about her relationship with Trent.

Jean had a grin on her face.

"Trent didn't you tell me you stayed at your cousin's house that time," Jean said almost too loudly, enjoying the look of panic in both their eyes.

The comment had the desired effect and the people around them quieted down.

"Yes, Trent said, She's my cousin. My dad and her mom are cousins so that makes us second degree down the family line", Trent explained to a confused Mark.

Jean had a triumphant smirk on her face.

Cindy wanted to slap that smirk off her face but she restrained, instead she leaned closer to Trent and kissed him on the lips in front of everyone. `Not in my house´ she thought as she winked at Jean. She saw Jean's smirk disappear.

"Soooo... very European of you two" finally said Mark, breaking a little of the tension. "I have a cousin I had a crush on, I guess it's more common than we would like to admit, after all, we are flesh added Mark."

The party started mumbling but in a very positive manner, they all started sharing stories and everyone seemed to empathize.

"So Cindy said Mark, I like your dress. If wanted to get one for my girlfriend where would I find it?"

Knowing full well who he was referring to she said to him "It depends, not all women like the same things, some girls choose polyester over cotton for example.

"Is yours polyester?"

"No, I don't like to wear plastic," she said as she looked directly at Jean's breasts.

Trent noticed the tension building between Cindy and Jean, he had to separate them or this was going to end badly.

"Well guys excuse me for a second there´s a couple of people I want to introduce Cindy to. You guys have a lovely evening."

"Cindy, are you ok? don't let her get to you."

"I know, I'm sorry, she's just so unpleasant!"

"Yes, but I don't want you girls to cause a scene."

"She's the one who has to be restrained, not me."

"I know, let's just stay away from her the rest of the night, ok?"

"This party isn't going to be the entire night, you know right? As she looked at him with desire. And maybe I´m the one who is going to want to be restrained"

"Are you trying to seduce me with those insinuating eyes?"

"Why, is it working."

Keep it up and I'll have to rip another one of your dresses.

"Is that a promise?"

"More of a fact," he said as he kissed her full on the lips.

OK

As the party was coming to an end Cindy's phone started ringing.

"It's Gabby, why would she be calling me at 2:00 am? Hello? What's wrong Gaby? Whaaaat? Where? when? How is she? Ok, where are you? What hospital? I´ll be right there."

"What's wrong?"

"It's Alma, apparently she was assaulted by her date. I have to go, I'm sorry."

"Of course, let's go, I'm coming with you."

"Thank you but you still have guests you have to attend, I'll be fine, Gaby said she was ok, just bruised and scared. I'll let you know as soon as I learn more."

"Send me the location and I'll be there as soon as this is done"

"Ok, I love you." She realized what she had just said but she didn't have time to deal with it right now, she just turned around and left, leaving Trent in a daze.

"I take it it's the first time she has said it to you, Aw! So sweet" Jean said as she approached Trent. "finally! I thought she would never leave. She's a clingy one."

"Yeah exactly what I needed, she is a great partner."

"Well I could be that too if you let me," she said as she lifted her hand and showed him the engagement ring he gave her.

"What about Mark?"

"I already talked to him and told him about us."

There is no `us´. Where is he? I want to talk to him.

"I don't know, I think he left after our conversation." Jean started playing with her hair and pulled him into one of the couches. "Let's talk as adults, you owe me at least that much after you left without an explanation. I´ll start. I'm sorry for being a mess. I didn't know what you expected of me, you weren't the expressive type of guy and I liked that, I had no idea you were this serious, but having you away from me has made me realize the amazing man you are and that being your wife wouldn't be so bad."

"Oh Jean, that is the difference, Cindy isn't insecure about us or thinking that it wouldn't be so bad to be with me or that she wants to be with other men besides me. She feels amazing when she is with me, she only has eyes for me and I'm sure eventually she will be thrilled to marry me. If that is something we both want in the future."

"Can you even marry your cousin?"

"Goodbye Jean", Trent started to get up.

"Wait... wait, I'm sorry, you are right, I'm being a bitch, but losing you is driving me crazy. I love you. Do you love me?"

"I thought I did at the time."

"... and did your love just vanish?"

Trent hesitated and Jean noticed, it was good enough for her, at least for now.

"The company wants me to stay here for a while to hire your staff so we'll be seeing a lot of each other this week." She got up and walked away as she slid her hand over his thigh. He tried not to stare at her ass.

After everyone was gone Trent looked at his phone at 3:22 and still no news about Alma. So he dialed.

Cindy picked up and whispered, "Hang on a sec." He heard a door open and close.

"Sorry I didn´t call, we left the hospital a while ago, we are at her place. She is fine, at least physically, doctor prescribed some sleeping pills, and she is sleeping soundly right now. Toby, Gaby, and Francesca are sleeping in the living room. I stayed with her the whole time so I wasn't able to call you."

"It's ok Cin, I understand and I'm really glad she is ok and you are taking good care of her."

"So how was the rest of the party?"

"It was fine but I wish I was there with you."

"I know, me too, but Alma needs me right now, I don't know why but she seems to feel safer around me, she would keep asking for me until I arrived at the hospital and once I got there she wouldn't let my hand go."

"I'm not at all surprised, you have that effect on me too, maybe she loves you almost as much as I do."

He now realized what he just said. There was an awkward pause in the conversation.

"I love you too, and I'm glad it's off my chest, soooo... you are not weirded out about my feelings for you?"

"Not at all. Soooo what happened? If this not an inconvenient time to talk."

Not at all, just let me go into the kitchen, since everyone is asleep. Well... she told me she had a date, but she didn't say it was with her ex-boyfriend. She knew I wouldn't approve! They had a complicated relationship, but it had never come to violence. She´s lucky he didn't kill her, apparently, he was drunk and beat her because she refused to have sex with him. Luckily she's a strong girl and managed to escape and scream for help. Oh god Trent, he almost raped her!."

"She's lucky to have you guys."

"Thank you, Trent."

Another awkward silence `Don't say it Cin, don't be that girl!´

`Don't say it... don't...´ "So what about Jean, did she stay until the end?" (Stupid, stupid... stupid)

"Yes, we got to talking, it was good, I finally said stuff I kept inside, and she did too. It was good closure for me."

"And for her?"

"To be honest she wants us to get back together, she came here to tell me she accepted my proposal to get married."

Cindy felt a cold chill run up her spine. "Oookkkeeeyyyy"

"But don't worry, I told her it was too late, I found the most amazing girl so she should move on."

"How did she take it?"

"I guess she is still processing it. She is staying for at least the next week, work-related but I think she is going to try and get back together."

"And how do you feel about that?"

"I don't want you to worry about it, it's not only over, but helped me realize exactly what I don't want in my life."

"Trent, what I said before leaving... I meant it. I'm in love with you and even though you might not be emotionally where I'm at, I wanted to say it."

"I love you too Cin. I'm already on my way out of the building, send me a location and I'll drop by and get you guys some breakfast. Would that be ok? I don't want to intrude."

It's perfect Trent, I don't think I'm the only one here who appreciates some food right now.

"I want a turkey sandwich from the corner" Toby yelled from the living room.

"I'll have the tuna sandwich" Francesca yelled.

"I would like some yogurt please" Gaby yelled.

"Oh my god! Is there no sense of privacy with you guys?"

"Considered it done," said Trent

"There you go, more than willing to accept my boyfriend's offer."

"Love it when you say it like that, and what do you want?"

"I want you, so hurry up. Oh! And a croissant for me please if it's not too much trouble."

"Perfect, I'll be there in a few."

Trent picked up the food at the deli and took a cab to Alma's apartment. They stayed and talked until one by one they fell asleep.

The rest of the weekend was spent at Alma's. Playing games, watching movies, and talking, lots of conversation. Trent was having fun and felt great getting to know this new group of people who he started to consider friends.

Alma felt great among friends, yet she was also embarrassed she got herself in a situation where she could have been killed. She felt so stupid! She had decided not to press charges. She couldn't shake the idea that she had provoked it somehow.

"I'm sorry guys, you don't need to be here, I'm fine really, she said as she winced when she sat down for breakfast."

"It is no problem Alma," Cindy said.

"Yeah, you would do the same for any of us." Said Gaby

"Thank you guys, I'm just so sorry I worried all of you and spoiled your evening." She said turning to Cindy.

"You have nothing to be ashamed of. It's not your fault and we´ll be here for you no matter what." Responded Cindy.

"And as I said, I'm here if you decide to press charges or file a restraining order, or both". Said Gaby in a lawyer-ly manner.

"You can come over to my place for a few days if you feel like it honey, we´ll have pajama parties every day", said Toby.

"Or I can stay with you for a few days if you'll accept me and my canvas". Said Francesca

"Thank you guys but I'm ok, I promise."

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, Alma immediately tensed as she recognized that knock.

"Who is it?" Cindy yelled.

"It's Tommy", I want to talk to Alma, is she here?

"Alma doesn't want to talk to you anymore, please leave."

"Alma, are you there? Alma please, let me explain, I want to apologize to you, you are my girl, I don't know what happened to me, I've never done anything to hurt you before. I'll never do it again, it was the booze, you know how I get when I drink."

"I don't care anymore Tommy, please leave." Yelled Alma

There was silence outside the door.

"It's that piece of shit lawyer friend of yours who has poisoned you against me isn't it?"

"She said go Tommy", Toby yelled.

"Who the fuck do you think you are faggot?"