All Comments on 'Covid Apocalypse'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
bhill8671bhill8671about 3 years ago
I can not give it any stars

This story is nothing more than a combination of the movies, The Andromeda Strain, The Hot Zone and Contagion. Very disappointing 😕

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

Fantastic story! I would call it Hillary's Revenge.

5

skruff101skruff101about 3 years ago

Hilarious, but using the Dallas ‘it was all a dream’ trope was way beneath you. You naughty little saddletramp1956.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

POC. Just when you had started submitting some decent readable stories you dump this bowl swirler on the world. I only gave it 1 star so it showed as a vote otherwise I'd have done a bhill and dropped a no score.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Great.... tongue firmly in cheek, yes?

.

Keep up the GOOD WORK!

pepepilotpepepilotabout 3 years ago

LoL. If you were trying to create confusion in my mind, you did a wonderful job! Please make there a next chapter to help us cope.

4-stars.

hindsight2020hindsight2020about 3 years ago

"hydroxy chloroquine",

Why not just bleach and confirm your stupidity?

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 3 years ago

Wow!!!!! Outstanding and scary as it can be. A little to close to reality lately, what’s the old joke from the Cold War days place your head between your knees and prepare to kiss your ass goodbye.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Every so often, Saddletramp entertains us with a dystopian vision worthy of Orwell or Aldous Huxley. This is one such story. Sure, it's way OTT, but it's not completely 100 percent outside the realm of possibility. Well, except maybe for the nuclear option at the end.

It's pretty clear Steve is a caricature of Anthony Fauci, and it's pretty obvious who the president was modeled after.

And I can just see the government passing a chastity belt mandate like the one in this story. I liked the "Free the Pussy" movement -- I got a good laugh out of that.

Yeah, it's tongue-in-cheek, and out there, but I loved it. After all, it's only fiction. Thanks, ST! 5* again. And please, ignore the Perpetual Bitch Brigade.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This is down into MarlboroMan territory; unfortunately there's no way to award negative stars. Oh, and What hindsight2020 Said.

Arc2456Arc2456about 3 years ago

LOL, perfect absolutely perfect.

22bo22boabout 3 years ago

Use to look forward to seeing you post. But you have gone completely swirling the turd in the toilet.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 3 years ago

As always, boss, you hit it. 7 stars from me. I didn't much like the outcome, but It was all logical. It's nice to be 72 years old. God bless our country, and lets hope our morality holds up. The Bear approves, but didn't like the outcome much. And using nukes on American soil? I doubt the military would go along with that.

The BEAR

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 3 years ago
Have you looked at this sites author tracking

Could this be part of the conspiracy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I’m guessing the response to this story falls along party lines which is surprising considering this is the one place I thought that kind of narrow minded crap wouldn’t be. Why is it that rape and abuse stories are easily accepted and yet fictional political stories get some people’s panties in a bunch? It doesn’t bode well for the human society.

Survivor3306Survivor3306about 3 years ago

Very timely submission with all the virus variants going around. Excellent treatment of the topic since its plausable that the worse a variant gets, the greater the government intervention would be. 5 out 0f 5 for me!

Survivor3306Survivor3306about 3 years ago

Very timely story. Thought it rang true in a nightmare scenario given that the stronger and more out of control a variant of the virus becomes, the greater the government response could be. Interesting that you used Hilary as your President. But that makes sense as Trump would have done nothing. Anyway, 5 out o 5 stars!

rodryder44rodryder44about 3 years ago

Let's just hope this fiction doesn't come to be. Is Madam President HRC? Good humerus story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
The flu.

Giving it a more sinister name allows for fear mongering.

The 2019 mutation of the common flu had a 50 percent higher death rate amongst those that were already susceptible such as older people ( mostly elderly).

And those with respiratory issues.

Of course some did not fit those categories.

But the enactment of emergency powers throughout the western world has given unprecedented control to beaurocrates everywhere.

People do not relinquish power willingly.

The next steps for those in power???

Forced Vaccination.

Followed by a microchip so you can buy and sell in the new cashless economy.

This will leave a mark.

On hand if you are effectively forced into a.

And on your forehead for those who are willing or even lovers of the mark.

The biblical mark of the beast.

You cannot serve God and Mammon.

ribnitinribnitinabout 3 years ago

Cute. Liked the political angle.

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336about 3 years ago

LOL I really enjoyed this story. I laughed like hell at the ending.

Fatass47Fatass47almost 3 years ago

Sorry. I couldn’t read any farther than the second page.

HMAuthorHMAuthorover 2 years ago

Chloroquine? Really? Really? You get one star for that. Yeah, I know it was sarcasm, but in this day and age too many people will take that as gospel. I’m praying that COVID mutates to only infect and kill those who believe in 5 second sound bites and have no critical thinking capability.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Looking for part two.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I hat authors and stories like this. You publish before the story is finish and either forget about the second part or it is hidden where we can`t find it. I was a good story so far.

RanDog025RanDog0259 months ago

Damn people are such haters even when they're presented with free Literature. Of course some wouldn't know a good fiction from an Instruction manual. Thanks Saddle Tramp, great story! Keep up the good works. Another 5 BIG ONES!

fredbrownfredbrown8 months ago

Recent history and this story coincide do they not? I like the story 4 stars worth but is the repugnant lady "H" a central character in this story? Her cure for the problem reminds me of Asian Bird Flu and Hoof and Mouth disease cures, a tad far-fetched example maybe but hang on .......

ProgamermoveProgamermove7 months ago

"And it was all a dream"

Laziest way to ever end a story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...