Crazy Arms

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After my party, Jake reminded me that I had to attend his the following week. He even invited my brothers to come along. Ralph never came to my party but he didn't have a choice about going to his brothers graduation party.

It was the first time I saw him since that Nude Day party. He totally avoided me the whole day. I tried to approach him but he would walk away. I got the feeling that he hated me.

I met his mom and dad. I must say that I loved his mother; she was so nice to me. She asked if I knew Ralph since we went to the same school. I told her I did but that we hadn't talked since I graduated. She was a smart woman and I could tell she knew there was a problem between us, but didn't interfere.

*****

The following week I went back to work for my dad at the store. Maria was showing me how to post the payables and receivables. That's what I would be doing later for all three stores.

My stomach was bothering me and I made a doctors appointment, thinking I might be having a reaction to the new birth control pills. The doctor ran some tests and then she came back in and handed me a pregnancy test kit.

"Doc, I can't be pregnant; I've been taking the pills you prescribed."

"Trudy, please take the test. If it's negative we can run more tests."

I took the test and it came out positive. I couldn't believe it. "Doc, I took the pills religiously, I never missed a one. How can I be pregnant?"

"Trudy, I don't need to know everything about your personal life but when did you first have sex after taking this new prescription?"

"I took the pill on Thursday and didn't have a sexual encounter until Friday and again on Saturday."

"Trudy, you were supposed to take the pills for at least a week before having intercourse. That's why you became pregnant. The stomach ailment is because you are about a month along and the pills are aggravating your stomach. They can't stop a pregnancy after the seed has been planted. You have to stop taking them immediately."

I was in shock, and had no idea what I was going to do.

"You should contact the baby's father. Trudy, abortion is an option. I just want you to know that I won't perform them. I took a vow to save lives, not take them. I'm not judging you but if you choose abortion you will have to go to the family planning center. If you decide to have the baby to either keep or give up for adoption, I'll gladly help you all I can."

I knew I had to tell the father but who was it? It could be either Ralph or Jake. I was all confused on what to do. Later, when I got home, I was in my room crying when my mother came in.

"What is it Trudy? What's the matter?"

"Mom, I'm pregnant! I was on the pill but I didn't give it enough time. I'm sorry, but I don't know what to do."

"Is Jake the father?" she asked.

I thought for a second. My family seemed to like Jake. Ralph hated me and wouldn't even talk to me. "Yes Mom, Jake is the father of the baby," I replied.

"You need to talk to him and let him know. He'll need to help support the baby. You are going to keep it aren't you?"

"I think so Mom."

It was two days later when Jake dropped in at our store. He wanted to thank my dad for his referral on getting the job. He was now the sales representative for the local brewery. His job was to go to all the establishments that sold beer and push his products. It was a great job for him due to his gift of gab and sports background.

"Jake, after you talk to dad I need to talk to you."

"What is it Trudy?"

"Go tell dad your good news first. I know he'll be happy for you."

When Jake came back from talking with my dad, I asked him into our office. "Okay, what is it that's so important?"

"I'm pregnant."

"What? I thought you said you were on the pill?"

"I was but the doctor said I hadn't taken them long enough before having sex with you. I'm sorry, I didn't know how else to tell you. I'm keeping the baby."

I figured he wanted to ask me if I had relations with anyone else but the last time we were together I told him he and Ralph were the only two men I'd been with in six months. He assumed that Ralph wore a condom. To boost his ego I had told him I had only been with Ralph twice.

I didn't want to lie to him but I wasn't sure what else to do.

"Trudy, we'll get married."

"Jake you don't have to marry me. You just need to help support our baby."

"Bullshit, my baby isn't going to be a bastard. He's going to have a dad," said Jake.

Crying, I hugged Jake and thanked him. That night mom and I told dad about the baby and that Jake and I were going to get married. Dad wasn't happy but at least he said Jake was doing the right thing. I don't think love even entered the picture as far as dad was concerned.

That weekend Jake took me to see his mother. We told her the news and she was excited about being a grandmother.

Ralph went to college year round so he could finish early. Jake called him and told him the news. He told me that Ralph was surprised that he was going to settle down and then said Ralph congratulated him but needed to go as he had homework to do.

We planned a small wedding for the following month. Jake said he didn't want me showing when I walked down the aisle. The wedding was kind of a rushed affair but my dad had enough contacts to take care of it all.

My brothers were Jake's ushers. He finally got Ralph to agree to be best man. It sure was odd seeing him in a tux standing up there next to his older brother.

Before the ceremony, Ralph asked to talk to me alone. We went to a side room in the chapel where he apologized to me.

"Trudy, I'm so sorry for the way I have been acting. I've been holding it against you being with my brother. We weren't a couple and I never expressed my feelings to you. I wish the best for you and Jake and hope that we can always be friends."

I saw tears in his eyes, and had them in mine too. I wished I had known he cared because maybe things might have turned out different. He gave me a hug and wished me a happy life. Then I watched him leave the room and take his place at the front of the church.

This was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. Why didn't it feel that way? I did smile at my dad as he led me down the aisle to give me away. Both Jake and Ralph looked so handsome.

When the pastor said, "You may kiss the bride", I noticed more of a cringe rather than a smile on Ralph's face.

At the reception, everyone seemed to be having a nice time. That is, all but Ralph. He tried to put on a good front but I could see through it. He spent far too much time at the bar. I could see that his mother noticed as well.

We didn't have time for a honeymoon since Jake just started his new job and I was busy learning Marie's job at the store. We just spent a couple of days in a motel with a pool and hot tub.

Jake was a good person but wild and untamed. I was hoping that over time he might change. Our marriage would depend on it.

Sex hadn't changed much. I still had to work at it to get an orgasm, but at least Jake was able to last long enough for me to get there. Our marriage seemed okay for the first few months, but soon I noticed Jake wasn't as attentive. He made me feel as if he'd done the right thing and married me just so our kid wouldn't be a bastard.

I made my own bed and knew I now had to sleep in it. We got along but didn't talk much. Most of his conversation was about the different people he met each day and how much he enjoyed his job. In his spare time, he wanted to visit old friends, and family. It always had to do with watching sports.

As my belly grew, our lovemaking dwindled. I think it repulsed him. He always said he didn't want to hurt the baby even though I told him it was fine.

He was elated when I told him I had a scan done and he was going to have a son. Now we had to pick out a name. He wanted to name him Jake Jr. but I didn't like it. He told me he wanted a real man's name for his son.

We were at his parent's house one day and his mother suggested the name David.

"Mom, I want a powerful man's name like Jake or Jack."

"Jake," said his mom. "There were many kings named David and what about David slewing Goliath."

Jake's middle name was Lee so I mentioned that. "Lee is a powerful name too, like General Robert E. Lee. He'll still be named after you. Our son can be David Lee Brady."

Jake thought for a minute and agreed to the name. He then went back in to watch a game on the television.

"Mom, what made you think of David? I do think that name is nice." I always called Agnes Brady mom.

She looked up at me, gave a slight smile and said, "That's Ralph's middle name. I often wished we would have called him by his middle name so he wouldn't have got stuck with Ralphie by Jake."

The further I got into the pregnancy the less I saw of Jake. He said he was out making money for our family. As he mentioned, it was a good time to go to the bars and buy a few beers for customers to get them to change to his brands.

I knew what he was saying was true, but I also knew he was a pussy hound. Hell, I was proof of that, I thought as I looked at my belly getting bigger by the day. If we did it twice a week, we were lucky, so I had to figure he was getting it on the side already.

One Friday Jake called and said he would be home quite late. I told him I was going to go visit his mother. I loved talking to her. My mom was a wonderful lady too, but after working at the store all day she preferred to just relax. When I got there, mom made us each some tea. We talked and she told me about the boys growing up.

"Trudy, I'm surprised that you married Jake. Don't get me wrong, Jake is my son and I love him very much. I'm so happy you're my daughter-in-law. Actually, you're more like a daughter to me. I just hope Jake realizes what he has before he makes a mistake and loses it."

"What do you mean Mom? I'm not going anywhere."

"Nothing, it's just that Jake needs to grow up and take care of his responsibilities. To be honest, I'm surprised that you and Ralph didn't hook up. You two seem more compatible. Oh god, I'm middling. I'm sorry honey. I have this tendency of speaking what I'm thinking."

"It's all right Mom, really. I like Ralph, but I'm married to his brother. I just hope it all works out for the baby's sake. I guess time will tell if Jake will outgrow his old ways."

Right then we heard a voice coming in the back door. It was Ralph.

"Ralph, I didn't know you were coming home this weekend," said his mother as she gave him a kiss and hug.

"Just a little lonely to see my family." He looked up then and saw me with my big belly. "Hi Trudy, how are you and the baby coming along?"

"We're both doing fine. Just a couple of months to go."

"Ralph, I was just going to refill our tea. Would you like some?"

"Sure, thanks," he said, sitting in the recliner, as his mom left the room.

"You have an amazing glow about you Trudy. Being pregnant agrees with you."

"Yeah, right, a big bellied woman wobbling around."

"No, I'm serious. You're beautiful and sexy. Giving birth is a great miracle of life."

"Tell that to my aching back and shoulders," I said to Ralph.

"Ralph, rub her shoulders like you do mine when they ache," his mom said as she walked back in with the tea.

"Mom, she's Jake's wife. I can't go touching her."

"Oh for Pete's sake Ralph, I said rub her shoulders not feel her up."

"Ralph, if you do have magic hands, I would appreciate it. My shoulders are killing me. Just don't touch my boobs," I said and laughed.

I was sitting on the couch and he asked me to lean forward. He moved behind me and began rubbing my neck. Mom was laughing and I asked her why and she said I was making funny sounds, as if I was having an orgasm.

I was so embarrassed. "I'm sorry Mom but it feels so good. Ralph is taking the tension out of my shoulders."

Ralph went a little lower and rubbed some tight spots in my back. "I could take this all day." I laughed after what I had said. "Thank you Ralph."

"You're welcome Trudy. Glad I could help get some of the kinks out. If you ever need me, just give me a call."

As he was finishing his tea, I put my hand on my big belly. "Mom, come feel the baby kicking."

She came over and felt it, grinning at the movements under her hand.

"Do you want to feel it Ralph?" I asked.

"Wow, that's so exciting," he said with his hand on my tummy. "It's so hard to believe that a baby is being formed. It's just incredible. Well, ladies, I have to get upstairs and do some things."

He gave his mom a kiss on the cheek and headed upstairs. I think he just wanted to get away from me. You can probably guess what I was thinking. I had to wonder if I married the wrong brother. Besides, just because I cared for him doesn't mean he had the same feelings for me. Damn, sometimes life sucks.

I was less than two months away from having my baby and he would be my life. I wanted to be the best mommy I could possibly be.

Jake was coming home later all the time and never seemed to want sex. He told me he was too tired from working hard all day. I figured he probably screwed some bimbo at one of his stops. I wasn't sure what to do. We'd only been married six months and our marriage was a wreck already. The store filled my days and I spent my evenings with my parents or Jake's mom so I wasn't lonely.

My dad and I talked about putting in an updated computer system. He wanted to make it easier for me to do the posting from all three stores. He was going to check around to find a firm to do it when I suggested Ralph.

"Is he really good at this sort of thing, Trudy?"

"Dad, I've never seen a computer that he couldn't fix. Besides, he would probably give you a good rate. You should give him a call."

Dad did call Ralph and he agreed to put an updated system in that would do all the things dad wanted. He would be able to use most of the existing equipment saving dad a lot of money.

When dad asked him the cost of doing the labor, Ralph told him that he usually charged sixty dollars an hour, but since I was family, he would do it for twenty-five. Since he was still finishing school, he would be able to do it only on the weekends, figuring it would take three to finish the job.

I looked forward to Saturdays since I knew Ralph would be there to work on the computer system. I enjoyed just having him around and talking with him. He got the job done in three weeks like he promised. The last thing he told me before going back to school was that he would always be there for me. I'm not sure why he ever said it.

Jake just asked if Ralphie finished his work yet. Instead of complimenting Ralph on his work, he would just say he'd always been a geek.

Ralph stayed at school for a few weeks, and then came home on a Friday night. I was home alone when my water broke and scared me to death. I called Jake's mom to tell her I needed help. Ralph answered the phone.

"Ralph, my water broke and I'm scared. Jake's not here to take me to the hospital, so should I call 911?"

"No, I'll come and get you. I'll be there in five minutes; I promise."

Four minutes later, he was there. He helped me out to the car and took me to the hospital. His mother was calling my parents to let them know I was in labor and at the hospital. Ralph told his mother to keep trying to get hold of Jake and he could pick her up and bring her to the hospital too. Ralph was doing everything that my husband should have been doing.

I was in the birthing room with Ralph holding my hand and supporting me. About half an hour later, my mom arrived and came in the room with us. I was probably in there for another hour when Jake and his mom arrived.

Ralph kissed me on the forehead and left the room unnoticed. It was time for the baby to come out. Jake said he was getting queasy and went to the restroom and threw up. He didn't come back in till after the baby was born, acting like the big man on campus. Everyone was talking about how our little boy had blond hair and blue eyes just like his dad. He was a beautiful baby.

My brothers and their wives arrived. The whole family was there. Jake was acting like a proud father. Maybe things were going to get better after all.

As everyone was leaving, I noticed Ralph wasn't there. When I asked, no one remembered him leaving. My brothers said they didn't even remember seeing him when they came.

The next day, Jake came by to take me home. Both of our mothers were there to greet us. For now, we had a bassinette set up for David in our bedroom so I could be near him.

"Where's Ralph?" I asked his mom.

"He just came home to check out the computers at the store. When you called, he stopped what he was doing to take you to the hospital. After everyone showed up, he checked everything and then came home. He went back to college this morning," she said.

"I just wanted to thank him for being there for me," I said to her.

She smiled at me and we let it go at that. I figured there was more to it but I wasn't going to push it.

After my baby was born, my life was busy. I took two weeks off to get things in order. Jake didn't change much. He would get up and get ready for work. As far as the baby was concerned, he would talk to him a little bit before work and late at night when he came home.

I, on the other hand, took care of David. Jake's mom would watch him while I was at work. I even brought him to work a few times, since I missed being away from him.

One day Jake and I got into an argument. It was going to happen someday, I knew it. He was drunk and one thing led to another and he said, "Hell, for all I know the kid isn't even mine."

I was pissed and screamed back at him, "Then go get tested, you asshole."

He decided to have it done. Of course, I had to take Jake's blood sample along with David's to the clinic. At this point, I really didn't care much. I was on the wrong track to nowhere anyway.

The results came back and Jake, his mother and I were sitting there when he opened the results. It read that there was an eighty-five percent chance that he was the father.

"What the hell does that mean?" asked Jake.

I really didn't know what to say but his mother spoke up. "Jake, it means that if eighty-five men had sex with Trudy in the same time frame, you would most likely be the father. Sorry Trudy, but I don't know how else to explain it."

"On TV they always say 99.999999%," said Jake.

"Jake, they do that for television. To make it sound great. Would you feel better if it was one in a million instead of one in eight-five? I know Trudy well enough to know she didn't sleep with eighty-five other men while she was with you."

I had to smile when his mother said, "With all the beer you drink I'm surprised it was that high. You probably had your sample pretty diluted down."

I had no idea if all that explaining that she said was true. I never did understand how they figure it out but it did satisfy Jake that David was his son.

About a month went by and I went to my mother-in-law's house after work to get little David. I found Ralph sitting on the couch holding and feeding him a bottle.

"Ralph, what are you doing home?"

"I'm through with most of my classes. I can do a couple of finals on-line. I have to go back in a month and graduate."

"So, what do you think of little David Lee Brady?"

"David? You named him David after me? I can't see Jake agreeing with that."

"We didn't name him after you. He's named after King David, slayer of Goliath. Of course Lee is Jake's middle name." I smiled when I said it.

"He's a beautiful baby. I hope he gets the best life has to offer."

Ralph finished feeding him and even put him on his shoulder and burped him. The last time Jake burped him he got mad when the baby spit up on him.