Creation's Guardian Ch. 13B

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lactivia nodded solemnly, "So soon? Thank you for coming to our aid, Cassandra. Do you have any word on the number of casualties yet?"

"I do. There are zero dead, and the wounded were all healed before we left the planet. So there are zero casualties. We are on our way to Sokilia now to meet with you. Would it be possible for our allies and their crews to enjoy your hospitality for a day or two? We have many things to discuss, you and I."

Lactivia's eyes widened with surprise. "No casualties? Artruna has truly worked a miracle! Yes, of course you and your allies may spend as much time visiting our beautiful home world as you desire! Shall I arrange quarters for them all?"

"That won't be necessary. Each will pay their own way after we agree on a credit exchange rate. But if you could arrange quarters for eight of us in your imperial palace I would be very grateful. You see how I look. Can you imagine the chaos that I would cause walking the streets of your beautiful city?"

Lactivia grinned. "Yes, I can understand the problems that would cause. I will gladly ensure accommodations for you and yours. How soon do you expect to arrive?"

Cassandra glanced at Selena who said, "Three minutes and thirty five seconds to orbit, My Queen."

"I heard that!" Lactivia exclaimed. "Your ships must be extremely fast. I wasn't expecting you for a few days: My apologizes Cassandra. There's no way I can have an honor guard ready that soon."

Cassandra laughed. "Don't worry about it, I'd much rather have the friendship than the formalities, if that's okay with you."

"That's fine, it certainly saves me a whole lot of time," Lactivia said with a smile."

"Okay we'll be there in a couple of minutes. We'll be popping right into your throne room, so please advise your guards of our arrival, and that we're no threat to you. Our personal defensive shields reflect attacks back at the attacker killing them instantly, and we definitely don't want that to happen."

"I agree, we don't want any incidents like that. My Captain of the guard has already ordered all weapons out of the throne room."

Bob had Cailin close the channel then open a channel to Lyssa and Jacobia. "Could you two please join us here and we'll all port down together?"

Once Lyssa and Jacobia joined them on the bridge, they all ported to Lactivia's throne room. Once there, excluding Cassandra, everyone in Bob's party, along with Lyssa, Jacobia, and Lactivia all stood there with their mouths agape. Cassandra giggled. "I told you three I'd get even sooner or later," She said with a smirk. She looked at Bob. "I knew you were wrapped up in your head planning things, and I was blocking your view on purpose."

Lyssa was the first to find her voice. "How is this even possible? Lactivia, Jacobia, and I could be triplets!"

"Could someone please introduce everyone? Right now I'm totally confused. After that, perhaps you could all join me for a meal. I have been so sick with worry for my people that I haven't been able to eat a thing since the invasion started in the pre-dawn hours."

Cassandra giggled again. "Please forgive my poor manners, Lactivia. But they all thought it was funny when your people started worshiping me like I was my mother. I saw the uncanny resemblance from the beginning, but chose not to say anything. And yes, we would all be very happy to join you at your dinner table." Cassandra introduced everyone. Then they headed to the dining room.

When they entered the room Lyssa and Jacobia noticed a painting on the wall and gasped in shock. "Lactivia, could you please tell me what you know about that painting?"Lyssa asked.

Lactivia smiled as she sat at the table. She waved her hand at the empty seats. "Please sit and relax. I'll tell you all I know as we wait for the meal to be prepared. It's strange that you should ask about that particular painting. It's only a replica that I had commissioned several months ago. The original is about ten thousand years old and far too valuable to be kept unprotected. It's kept in a special vault within this palace. It was painted by one of my ancestors, Captain Rachel Hunter. Our history says that my people are not native to this planet. We were once part of another great empire far away in a different part of the galaxy. Rachel's ship was called the H.M.S. Explorer.

They were on a mission for their king to explore a world and asses it's suitability for colonization when they encountered a massive magnetic storm that just popped up out of nowhere. It was only by pure chance that they crash-landed on Sokilia. Our world was named after the only one that died in the crash Ensign Joshua Sokilia. It was the crew's way of honoring his memory. Rachel was... well I guess you could say drafted, by the crew to become our people's first empress. The ship itself has become a shrine to my people, and she still lies where she crashed all those thousands of years ago. Strange as it may seem, no female in Rachel's direct bloodline has ever given birth to a male child and each of us has only been able to bear a single child. I haven't had the pleasure of becoming a mother yet; though I hope to someday."

"Does your history tell you what empire your people were once part of?" Lyssa asked.

"No I'm sorry, Lyssa, that part of our story was never recorded. Perhaps Rachel believed such memories would make her people despair. But that's just a guess. I think it's what I would do if I were her."

"Would it be okay if Bob compared your DNA with mine and Jacobia's? He has the ability to do it just using his mind. I have a hunch that the results are gonna confirm what I know we all suspect right now. Then I have a story of my own to tell you about that particular painting."

"I really don't need a DNA test to confirm what my own eyes tell me. But if it pleases you, I'll happily comply."

A few seconds later, Bob took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "I don't know how to explain this, but there's a ninety nine point nine percent chance that the three of you have a common ancestor on your father's side of the family."

Lyssa nodded. "Just as I thought, Lactivia, your ancestor's maiden name was Rachel McDonald. Her husband Eric Hunter was a captain of his own ship, the H.M.S. Constellation. I know this because his search for his wife became legendary among my people. He was convinced she was still alive, and he never gave up looking for her. That painting you have on your wall of the H.M.S. Explorer? I have one exactly like it hanging in my own dining room, also painted by Rachel Hunter just after she received her orders confirming her first and last command. She was my great, great, great grandfather's youngest sister. I've already named Jacobia as heir to my throne. But by Atlantian law, you have every right to challenge that, as you're also eligible for my throne, and you're a few years older."

Lactivia laughed. "Oh posh, Jacobia can have your throne, Lyssa. I have enough on my plate taking care of my own empire. As I sit here chatting with you, I can feel the massive amount of raw power radiating off of everyone in this room. The only thing I would ask is now that we've found each other, we remain friends and allies."

The food was just coming out of the kitchen as Bob spoke. "I think we can do much better than just that. I'll let Cassandra explain some things to you while we're eating. Then I have a bit of a proposal for you to mull over."

Cassandra started her tale at the very beginning. More than an hour had passed since they had all finished eating. Cassandra was still talking to Lactivia and answering Lactivia's questions as they all sat sipping a glass of very good red wine.

When they finally finished their conversation, Lactivia said, "I finally understand it all. It would have confused me to no end if you had called Bob 'Master' while we were talking about you joining the battle. At the time I couldn't quite understand why you were referring to him as just 'my husband.' You needn't feel bad about not telling me all this up front. Doing so would've taken far too much time and cost lives."

Cassandra giggled. "You have no idea how many times I've had to bite my tongue to keep from slipping until I could explain things to you. It's also why Kadir, Cailin, Asimah, and Selena haven't done any talking. But now I think it's time you listened to what my Master, my King, my Husband, and the love of my life has to offer you. Trust me, I think you're gonna love it."

When Bob finished talking, Lactivia shook her head with a soft laugh. "I would have to be totally foolish not to accept your generous offer, Bob. But I do have a simple one word question. Why?"

"My answer is just as simple; because it's the right thing to do. You, Lyssa, and Jacobia are family. You all deserve to see each other whenever you want. Lyssa and Jacobia are a big part of my family as well. That means I consider you to be part of my family just as much as I do them. You'll also be able to actually meet your goddess. Though we know her as Aphrodite, I've also assigned a goddess to be directly responsible for this whole sector of space. You can sit and chat with her and her team about other things you think your people may need. Upgrading your fleet and increasing your ship building capabilities will help you defend your people better. The increase in speed will mean that you can respond to a call for help instantly instead of taking days. It all boils down to the fact that you and your people are a part of one huge family now. As Lyssa's fond of reminding me; that's what families do; they help each other in any way they can."

Lactivia sat with tears rolling down her cheeks as Bob spoke. When he finished talking she swallowed the lump in her throat and said, "I have no clue what I ever did to deserve such a family. But on behalf of my people, I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart." she shook her head with another soft laugh. "My council is gonna go absolutely ape shit when I tell them what you're giving us. But if you don't mind I think I'll keep the part about the goddesses to myself. The last thing they need is to have armies of people wanting to meet with them. You know, Cassandra told me about what happened to Tranquility and all those poor mothers with their unborn babies. It breaks my heart that such a good man has to suffer so much, my condolences, Bob."

"Thanks aren't necessary, Lactivia." Bob turned to Kadir. "Do it all at once, Kadir," he said with a wink. "Everything I promised you is done, Lactivia. Thank you for your kind words. But even I can't have everything I want. The Trogs slaughtered billions in this part of space. I didn't see it until they made the mistake of attacking me, and mine. What happened to Tranquility is a price I have to pay for not stopping them sooner. Do you have someone you can trust to be in charge of things for a few days?"

"Yes, the head of my council, Sherlinia. She's a good woman and a good friend. I would trust her with my life. Why?"

"Well because things went a lot quicker and easier than I expected for one. And I think that after everything you've achieved for your people today, you deserve a bit of a vacation. Why not take some time to visit with us. You can ride one of your own ships or you can join us aboard the Cassandra's Vengeance. Either way you get a ride back home."

"Ya know what? Let's do it! But I think I'll ride with you. That way my guards won't pitch a fit." Lactivia summoned Sherlinia. "I'm gonna be gone for about a week. I'll be traveling with Cassandra and Bob aboard their ship. While I'm gone I want you to declare a week of celebration in honor of Artruna and our victory over the Trogs."

Sherlinia grinned. "You're actually gonna take a vacation? It's about damn time you did something for yourself, My Empress! As per your orders whenever you're in a negotiation with other parties I keep track of the discussion so that there's no future misunderstandings. I will inform the other council members of what Bob has given us in the morning and as usual what's secret stays that way. But before you leave could you give me a few minutes to inform the captain of your guards? I don't want Kerila thinking I've assassinated you"

Lactivia giggled. "Yeah if I just disappeared without letting her know, Kerila would definitely think that. Go tell her. We'll wait right here."

A couple of minutes later, Kerila walked in to the room, "My Empress taking time off? I'm about to have a heart attack! At least I know that if you're with Cassandra you'll be safe!" She turned to Cassandra. "Promise me you'll guard her with your life!"

Cassandra smiled. "I promise you I'll bring her back to you happier, better rested and without a scratch anywhere on her body. You have my word on that, Kerila."

"In that case, have a great time, My Empress!" Kerila spun on her heels and left the room.

As everyone stood, Lyssa and Jacobia stepped to opposite sides of Lactivia. Each taking one of Lactivia's hands in theirs. "Please allow is the honor of escorting you aboard Bob and Cassandra's ship" Lyssa said.

As soon as their hands touched, Lactivia's whole body took on a soft golden glow unnoticed by all but Cassandra and Bob. Cassandra looked at Bob in shock, but before she could say a word he held his index finger to his lips. "Don't worry, Sweetie. Everything's okay. I'll explain when we get aboard ship."

Once they were all aboard the Cassandra's Vengeance Bob caught Lactivia just as she passed out. He laid her gently on the deck cradling her head in his lap as her body continued to glow for the next fifteen seconds or so. Meanwhile everyone stood with mouths agape in total shock as they tried to understand why she had fainted. Bob looked around the bridge at the sea of concerned faces. "She's fine. She'll come to in a couple of minutes then I'll explain what's going on."

When Lactivia regained consciousness, she realized that she was lying on the deck in Bob's lap. She looked around her in confusion and asked, "What happened? Why am I lying on the deck?"

Bob picked her up and gently sat her in a seat. "Just sit and rest a minute. You're okay; you just fainted that's all. Just give me a second to get us home then I'll tell you everything." He hit the button on his command chair locking every ship in orbit to the Cassandra's Vengeance then said, "Selena set the code for Neuveia. Asimah, take us home." He turned back to Lactivia. "We're already in orbit around Neuveia. Would you mind if we ported down and got comfortable? What happened to you is gonna take some time to explain and it's gonna be a bit difficult for you to grasp. But once you understand it all, I think you'll love it just as much as the alliance treaty we agreed to."

"Am I gonna faint again?" Lactivia asked.

Bob chuckled. "You just may after I explain everything to you. But I tend to doubt it."

"Well I am anxious to meet... Aphrodite? Isn't that what you call her? As long as I stay alert long enough for that I'll be happy."

Bob turned to Lyssa. "Please give my personal thanks to your ship and troop commanders. Nueveia's a disaster but their all free to visit any other planet in the federation on me for a week or two. That includes all crew and troops too. They all deserve some R and R after the fantastic job they all did. Also why don't you ask Sue, Amy, and Kendra to join us here as well? I'm sure your empire can run itself for a week or so. You and Jacobia need to spend some time getting to know Lactivia and I really think they should too."

"Actually I think you're right on all counts, Bob. I'll take care of it all when we get planet side. I also think we need to get our asses in gear because Lactivia looks like she's about ready to jump out a docking port just to meet Aphrodite," Lyssa laughed.

Bob grinned. "Cailin the portals in what's left of Tranquility are still active. Tell the crew they can use them to go to the other planets and have two weeks R and R on me. Tell Commander Davidson to make sure everyone gets down in the shuttles. Then lock her down and let's go home."

As soon as they all entered the dining room of Bob's castle, Lactivia was stunned when Aphrodite hugged her while kissing her cheek. "Welcome to our home, Lactivia. I've been waiting impatiently to meet you, especially after we discovered your heritage!"

"I ... um ... I ... Gods pull yourself together Lactivia! I ... forgive my goddess. I'm at a loss for words at the moment," Lactivia stuttered.

Aphrodite led Lactivia over to the table. "Please sit and relax. I'm not just your goddess; I'm your friend as well, Lactivia. I promise I won't bite. I understand how confusing things are for you right now. Maybe it will help if you try to think of me as a sister instead of a goddess. Here on Neuveia we're all sisters and you're part of our family now." Aphrodite introduced everyone then continued, "Nobody expects you to remember all of our names right now. That will come with time as you get to know us better. You'll find that we all love one another here. None of us are the least bit shy. One of the reasons you're here is to learn about all of us. Don't be afraid to ask questions and don't worry about names; hey you works just fine," she laughed.

Lactivia nervously bit her lip. "I ... um ... I'll try to do as you ask... um ... Aphrodite. But overcoming a lifetime of habit isn't easy." Trying to regain her composure she turned to slightly more comfortable ground. "Bob, you promised me an explanation as to why I fainted aboard your ship."

"Yeah I guess I did at that. Didn't I? The problem is where do I begin? It's such a long and involved story. I guess I should start at the beginning and cover the parts Cassandra left out of her story. She told you about her being trapped in her ring and me finding it. What she didn't tell you was that at about the same time she was forced into her ring, the Atlantians were engaged in a vicious war against an enemy almost as bad as the Trogs. They called themselves the Groms and their minister of war, Prince Donald bin Dickhead el Chump was about as evil as they come. In a last ditch effort to end the war he sent a automated destroyer loaded from end to end with antimatter into the sun of the Atlantian's home star system while what was left of his fleet engaged in a diversionary battle with the Atlantian fleet in what became known as the battle of Sylkar. The Groms lost their whole fleet and their home planet but their destroyer succeeded in destroying the Atlantian sun causing a black hole to form which sucked in their home planet of Atlantia and their only remaining colony would Cronus along with the entire solar system.

At that same time, Lyssa, Sue, Amy, and Kendra underwent some very strange changes to their base DNA. Nobody, not even the Maker of All Things, has the slightest clue what happened, or why. But somehow not only did their psionic abilities go completely off the charts; they all became immortal as well. Like Cassandra, Lyssa and the three other women I just mentioned, who you'll meet shortly, are all over six thousand years old. I know you're probably thinking what has all this ancient history have to do with you and why you fainted. Just be patient; I'm getting there.

A couple of months ago Jacobia agreed to accept Lyssa's throne. As soon as she did, Jacobia became immortal as well. She will never look one day older than her current twenty three years of age. When Lyssa and Jacobia took your hands, somehow your base DNA was changed to match theirs. Not only are you now immortal but you have the same psionic abilities as well. Although in your case those will take some time to develop to their full potential. As to why you fainted. You had absolutely no psionic potential. Your body needed a few minutes to adjust.

1...345678