All Comments on 'Creatures of the Wind'

by GirlintheMoon

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
norafaresnorafaresabout 1 year ago

I loved this. The toxicity of their relationship felt very real and raw, almost like you know the pain firsthand. Another amazing GitM contribution!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very well written but sad, very sad and does not really give desire.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

strikes me as being truer tan real life

MigbirdMigbirdabout 1 year ago

You capture the sense/intended feeling of the quote from Rebecca so graphically/poignantly— the burden of a fever never quenched. And you do so in such short space. Piece really resonates — very creative. Not to overthink, but choosing Rebecca’s words is intriguing in light of how Daphne du Maurier painted her. Gives me pause — thanks for that as well.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 1 year ago

"I wish things were different," I said.…"Maybe this wouldn't be as good if they were." [he said]…It hurt but it was so, so good, desperate and hungry and rough.

.

What a powerful and emotive bit of wordsmanship. What a treat to read a new story from GITM. Thanks very much.

vanmyers86vanmyers86about 1 year ago

Compelling and well-written. I can't say that I found either of these characters likeable, but you captured dynamic and energy between them extremely well. I look forward to reading more of your work!

Todd172Todd172about 1 year ago

Very happy to see one of the best still writing. Oustanding, as always.

GoneGrayGoneGrayabout 1 year ago

An enjoyable confluence of conflicting passions. Yet, you lost one star for me in that when you got to the physical contact, it was all physical descriptions. No emotions, let alone conflicting ones. Also, smaller details, such as inconsistent representation of time and actions were distracting.

Overall, an appealing and thought provoking theme for a short story.

ThatNewGuyThatNewGuyabout 1 year ago

So nice to see a new story from you. I stumbled across "Voodoo Girl" shortly after I started reading here, and I remember being stunned by the quality of the writing, the depth of the characters, and the can't-stop-reading inertia of the plot. It may have been the first time I realized there were actual, honest-to-goodness writers contributing here. Your characters always feel so real and this story is no exception. Andrew and Kate's relationship here feels "lived in." There are also some beautifully written lines that just force you to stop and admire the craft. For example, "The dark parts of him affixed themselves to mine so seamlessly that they would probably never be severed." Wow. What a grim and evocative description of their dysfunction. I also loved the simplicity of, "My house is a tiny thing that everyone likes but no one envies." Thanks for sharing your talent.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 1 year ago
Emotionale U Turn ( Stop Making Sense)

In my head, this is literary riff from the the immortal Talking Heads song. "

Why, why, why, why start it over?

Nothing was lost, everything's free

I don't care how impossible it seems

Somebody calls you but you cannot hear

Get closer to be far away

Only one look and that's all that it takes

Maybe that's all that we need

All that it takes, I'll bet it's right

All it takes, if it's right

I got a girlfriend that's better than that

And she goes wherever she likes (there she goes).

Just as David Byrne's muse in the song follows her heart so do GITM's fictional characters follow theirs. Same as it ever was.

Ergo the obvious score.

Full marks *****

dmallorddmallordabout 1 year ago

So raw ... so emotional, and so well told. I love it.

LonelyMomLonelyMomabout 1 year ago

My God, that was powerful! Thank you so much for reminding this 64 year old what that fever used to feel like. You had my heart pounding just as hard as your protagonist's. Very good job, dear!

DianaLunaDianaLunaabout 1 year ago

One of my favorite writers is back! Your heart, fever with words, and innate talent shine once again. Love this and please never stop creating.

KingCuddleKingCuddleabout 1 year ago

I recommend a "fixie"...in lieu of them giving up on each other?

Change: Walk of Regret

to

Stroll of Exultation!

Hey! Her pussy is more than half-full, right? :+))=====

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducah3 days ago

Fascinating story. Two people inextricably attracted by blinding lust yet repelled by prolonged contact with each other. Black Hole gravity vs Big Bang propulsion. An immutable conflict if there ever was one.

The best either can hope for in a long term relationship is an understanding partner willing to let them have their brief one-dimensional connection or a lobotomy. Sometimes less is more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous