A Wife, A Secret Life and Discovery

Story Info
A wife is discovered cheating.
44k words
3.85
65.1k
156
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,565 Followers

"What makes you think it was Ava?" I asked, unable to stop the hint of irritation creeping into my voice.

"Ian, I think we've met often enough for me to recognise her. I'm positive, okay? Mate, if you want frigging proof, I photographed and even got a brief video of them."

"Jesus, Cal, are you sure? This is my wife you're talking about."

"I'm sorry, mate. It's taken me a week to build up the courage to call you. In the end I told myself that if it was me, I'd want to know."

"Yeah, got it. All right, can you send me the photos and video?"

"Yes, no worries, mate. Look, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. I just figured you should know."

"Yeah, thanks Cal. I'm grateful, even if I don't sound it."

About ten minutes later, my phone buzzed: new messages from Callum Rolls.

From the moment our call ended the fear had built gradually to the point my guts felt like they were tied in a bowline. What if he was right, what if it was Ava... Jesus, he had to be wrong, not Ava. Our life was as close to perfect as imaginable. She was everything to me, and our life seemed so rich and full. It couldn't possibly be true. Cal had to be mistaken.

With trembling fingers, I opened the message. Sure enough, there were three pictures of a man and woman standing at what looked to be a hotel reception desk. The first thing I noticed was they were holding hands. The woman, who had her back to the camera, leaned very close to the man.

The second photo was of them kissing, this time side on, still at the reception desk. The woman, who did bear a striking resemblance to Ava, stood balanced on one leg, the other bent at the knee as she stretched up to kiss the man. He looked to be a lot younger and tall. Dressed in a very expensive fashionable business suit, his dark hair cut professionally. For all intents and purposes, they looked like husband and wife. It was intimate and loving.

The woman did look much like Ava; they could be twins... It just couldn't be right... In which case, why the hell was my heart racing? And why was my head pounding so hard?

I was almost afraid to open the video.

It showed the same couple, now walking towards the elevators, still hand in hand, their travel suitcases towed lazily behind them. Waiting for the elevator, the couple leaned closely together, like any couple. He leaned down and kissed her, which she returned with passion.

The elevator doors slid open, and they stepped in.

That's when my world ended. The women stared straight ahead, staring directly at Cal. He zoomed in. It was Ava...

There was no doubt in my mind. As the elevator doors started to close, they again kissed, and this time it was passionate, loving... The look on her face, I knew it so well: eagerness.

For the briefest moment, my world stopped, like somebody hit pause on me. Breathing was difficult. I'm certain had I not been sitting down, I would have fallen. I watched it again, feeling a perverse anger bubbling away. It felt like I was intruding into her world, spying on her...

I leaned back in my office chair and tried to focus on breathing... I don't know how long I sat there in shock, but slowly my brain re-engaged and I started to consider unthinkable options.

First thing was to copy the photos and video to my computer. I recognised the Hiatt in Wellington. Ava and I had stayed there several times over the years. I knew that's where Ava had stayed on her recent visit because she gave me her room number in case of emergency. She had called me from the room phone to give me the extension number for the same reason.

What the hell do you do in a situation like this? It would be twenty three years in March. Twenty three bloody years. We had two children, for god's sake. Okay, they were both off at University; it wasn't like they were young kids. Even so, it would break their hearts as well if we split. We were a tight family; they both loved Ava; Jesus, everybody loved Ava. I think my Mother loved her more than she did me. We were close, the kids still came home for holidays, and long weekends. We spoke every week at least once. Especially our daughter Rhian; she needed to talk to Ava, who was more like her best friend than just her mother. They talked about everything.

Callum's evidence was damning, but I wanted more, I needed to see it for myself... I started to go over in my head what I wanted.

As I left the office, my phone buzzed. It was Ava. "Hello, sweetheart. Just letting you know, dinner will be about seven. I got caught up in a blasted meeting just as I was leaving. I hope that's not too late for you?"

"No, it will give me a chance to get home and go for a run."

"Wonderful, be careful. I love you, my sweet man."

"I love you too, Honey," I said hesitantly. The words somehow no longer fitted. "See you at seven."

The run was good; the afternoon was a little humid and sticky, a typical Auckland day, a little overcast, but warm. I strode out, the kilometres drifting by easily. I loved to run; it was my favourite pastime for relaxation. I enjoyed tennis, but running, alone with no interference, that was my thing. The countryside around Kumeu was awesome: not to much traffic, but still a good road surface. Our house was on a five-acre plot, excised from the main farm. My parents gifted it to us as a wedding present. They were selling up the family farm, but not as a going concern. Dad injured his back in a farming accident, and he and Mum decided to sell the farm.

They were both keen on real estate, so decided to sell off the livestock, implements and divide the farm into lifestyle blocks. They actually did pretty well from it. Originally, our home had been a small cottage on our five acres. It wasn't until we were well into our thirties before we could afford to go bigger.

As an architect, I drew up the plans myself, and we built our little castle. It wasn't a huge house, not a mansion, but it was nice.

It was a long way from the hustle and bustle of the city. I loved it. Ava, never said she didn't like living out away from the city. I just had this nagging doubt. She never quibbled though. All her friends now lived the apartment lifestyle in Auckland, close to their work and the night life. Deep in her heart, I think Ava would have preferred that as well. But, as I say, she never argued, never complained, never even asked if we could move into the city.

When I got home from my run, the house smelled of delicious roast lamb. Hhhmm, the garlic, the mint and mushrooms. Damn, it smelt good. Ava was one hell of a cook. Not so much over the last six years or so, her business demanded long hours, but when she set her mind to it, she was a fabulous cook.

The moment I got in, she walked up and drew me into a passionate warm embrace and a scintillating kiss that took away what breath I had.

"Hello, my love," she said, letting go and standing back as if admiring me. "Golly, you look so trim these days. The running is working for you."

"Thanks," I spluttered, my mind a whirling fuzzy mess. She was so wonderfully herself: warm and cuddly, loving, just like every other day of our lives together. This whole thing had to be a stupid misunderstanding. It couldn't be her, it just couldn't.

She giggled jokingly. "You are pongy though. I think you need a shower. Hurry, though, dinner is ready."

The food was sensational and the wine she chose was the perfect compliment. We talked about work, she told me about a new client she had picked up from her recent trip to Wellington, and another she was hoping to pick up in Christchurch.

She asked about my projects, which was nice. She always took an amazing amount of interest in my work. Always supported my decisions, and helped me when I needed a dinner party or late meetings with clients. She was in every way the perfect wife.

That night in bed, our lovemaking was as wonderful as it always was. We still made love regularly. At my age a lot of my friends complained how they barely got any sex from their wives. They griped about how they had to basically beg for it.

I never bragged, but it made me grateful that our marriage was still filled with love, and the sex was better than it had ever been. For some reason, the last two years had been better than ever. It was like a switch had been flicked and Ava, was even more sexually alive than ever.

Laying together in the beautiful afterglow of sex, my mind firmed. Cal and the pictures had to be wrong, that woman wasn't Ava, it couldn't be... Could it?

Over the next few days, I watched that damn video over and over. She looked like Ava, she was the splitting image, but no, it had to be just somebody who closely resembled her.

Rhian, called during dinner the next night, and watching Ava and her chatting was amazing. Their relationship was so close. Sitting at the table, Ava switched her phone to speaker so I could join the conversation. She amazed me; so much like her mother. Full of energy and drive, so bubbly and full of life.

I don't know if it was the horrible doubt that gnawed away at my stomach, but for some reason sex was better than ever. Ava seemed more expressive, impassioned, more physically into it: not demanding, but urgent, hungry.

We went into Auckland for lunch Saturday and met with some friends, which was nice. On the drive home, Ava said casually, "Sweetheart, I have to fly to Christchurch on Monday. That new client I mentioned wants to meet."

"Oh, right," I answered falteringly. "Are you travelling Sunday night, or Monday?"

She patted my hand softly. "I think Monday morning. It will be an early flight, though. Any chance you could drive me to the airport?"

"Yes, of course. I would love to. At least we get Sunday night together," I said with a hint of hopefulness.

"Absolutely. Lately, I can't get enough of my sweet man." She reached further, her beautifully manicured nails tracing teasing lines down my cheek. As I stared into her eyes, she said, "I adore you, my love, and you make me feel so special. Our lovemaking has been so amazing lately..."

"Yeah, it sure has." I replied casually, my mind playing tricks on me.

My response, or lack thereof, triggered her. "Ian, you do still enjoy our lovemaking, don't you?" she asked with a querulous pout.

"Yeah, the last few years, it's been off the chart. You have been wearing me out. Why do you ask? Are you not enjoying it, do you need more?"

I think my response stunned her. She seemed taken aback. "Oh heavens, don't be ridiculous. I love it. You just seem a bit distant these last few days."

"Yeah, sorry. I have a lot on at work presently."

"Yes, you certainly seem to have picked up a lot of extra clients lately. Why don't you expand? Environmentally designed homes are so much more in demand these days. Take on a graduate or a partner. Share the load; it would take the pressure off you."

"Oh, god no. The thought scares me. I prefer to work alone. You know that, dear."

"Yes, but you have become so very popular. Your business could grow significantly."

"I like the idea that if I fail, I don't take anybody down with me. I hate the idea of relying on other people. Managing holidays, work hours, watching over their backs, no, not for me."

"Don't be ridiculous. You could never fail." She snorted derisively. "All I am saying is it might make it easier for you. Please don't take on too much work. I worry about you overdoing it."

"Yeah, one workaholic in the family is enough."

She gave me a strange look, her hand stopped caressing my face. "Is there a problem? Do I need to reduce my hours?"

"No, honey. I was being facetious. You do work long hours though. Hardly in a position to lecture me."

"Oh, darling. I wasn't nagging. I was worried, that's all."

That night, Sunday morning and again Sunday night we made love. If our regular lovemaking was hot, this was like somebody turned the furnace up another ten degrees. Ava, was on fire. Sunday night we did it twice...

It was later, after her gentle breathing confirmed she was asleep that I lay there in the dark, the moonlight streaming in the window as I went over things in my head.

It had to be wrong. How could this woman be having an affair? It just didn't compute. Still, there was that seed of doubt. I knew her flight was at seven thirty in the morning. I picked up my phone and searched for flights. I found one at eight thirty, directly after hers, and the return flight for the following morning at six thirty.

I needed to put this to bed once and for all.

Of course, I had no Idea if she was meeting with her lover, if that's what you called him. Maybe it was a one off? I hoped it wasn't happening at all.

On the way to the airport, I asked, "What time is your first meeting?"

"Nine. I have a presentation to run by them, then there's lunch and I'm catching up with some existing clients in the afternoon. Plus, I want to go into the regional office and catch up with the team."

"Aren't they going to help with the new client?"

She nodded. "Yes, Darryl and Erica will be there. But I would like to talk to others, see things are going smoothly." She giggled before pouting. "Cut me some slack, my sweet. It's still my baby. I built it from nothing, and I'm a little proud of it."

I nodded in acceptance. "So you should be. You did an amazing job. It's a credit to you."

She smiled warmly and squeezed my hand. "Not just me my love, you as well. Thank you for supporting me through that, and well everything really. I wouldn't have the company if your parents hadn't agreed to invest. You were like a rock, never complaining, always there to cover for me. I do love you so much. Never ever forget that. I am yours..."

At the airport, I carried her bags in while she checked in. When she slipped back into my arms, I complained, "Why do you need so much luggage for four days? Unbelievable."

She sniggered. "A girl's got to be ready for all occasions."

"Don't forget to text me your room and extension number. Hopefully, I won't interrupt you and your boyfriend."

I felt her body go rigid, she stepped back and glared at me. "Why did you say that?"

"Wow, lighten up. It was a joke."

Her playful pout had vanished, replaced by a frown which I couldn't read. Was that guilt, shame, fear? "Well it wasn't funny."

I shrugged. "Sorry, I thought it was."

Her good mood returned slowly, and she said with a whimsical expression. "If I'd known I was allowed a lover, this could be a whole different conversation." She giggled, but it was nervous and forced. "Wouldn't it?" she added after a brief pause.

"I suppose it would." She rushed back into my arms as the last boarding call sounded.

She waved and blew me kisses as she disappeared through the gate. I now had time to fill in as I waited for my flight. I went back out and moved the car into the long-term parking area.

*****

Arriving in Christchurch, I grabbed a taxi and headed for the Mayfair hotel. Pulling up outside made me queasy. I didn't want Ava, to see me, not before I found out whether I had anything to worry about. I waited around for an hour or so, staying in or around the lobby trying to look inconspicuous. Not sure I managed it. The Mayfair wasn't a huge hotel. The reception desk was staffed by only one attendant. There was only one small sofa and a couple of chairs in the lobby... Eventually, I realised she had obviously gone directly to her meetings. I couldn't risk asking at reception. I was just going to have to wait.

Lunch and catching up on my emails filled in a couple of hours. My muscles were tense, and the stress was getting to me. "Jesus Christ." I muttered to myself. "What the fuck do I do if it's true?"

A quick walk around relaxed me a little, but checking my watch. It was time to get back. She would want to shower and change before going out to dinner, even if it was just with her team.

I discovered that I could sit in the hotel cafe and still see the reception desk. Coffee, and then I found the perfect seat, got out my laptop and pretended to work. It was only pretence. My mind was in such turmoil I could never focus on work. I did read a few emails, but it was just a front.

It was just after five when my world came crashing down around me. Ava and the guy in Cal's photo walked in with bags towed behind and their other hands locked together, swinging happily as they approached the desk.

The guy, whoever he was, checked in. Ava stood beside him, leaning in close, her arm around his waist as she stole little kisses. He turned back to her and leaned down to get a proper kiss as he waited for the key. Yeah, that's right... Only one key.

The way Ava, was all over him showed me this wasn't a brief affair. These two knew each other very well. The way she peered up into his eyes was loving, not lustful.

I was halfway to standing up and charging in when they turned and strolled hand in hand to the elevator. I watched as they kissed, his hand resting on her arse.

Before I could react, they were gone. I sat back down, fuming. My world, or the world as I knew it, was over. Everything had changed. My fists opened and closed as I tried to process the information. What to do... I had asked myself that question a hundred times, and still had no answer.

I got up and paced around, my thoughts getting darker and darker. I was stuck; I didn't know what room they were in. I walked outside, back into the lobby, the cafe. Then my phone buzzed. It was Ava.

"Hello, sweetheart. Hows work going?"

"Stressful," I muttered, struggling to keep the bitterness out of my voice.

"Oh dear. I have told you many times my love, you need to take on staff. Get some help. I worry about you."

I didn't want this conversation again. "How was your meeting; were they impressed?"

Her voice took on that excited bubbly tone. "It was incredible. I'm on such a high right now. God I love it when it's like that. I think I have them. They loved the presentation and my ideas for their next campaign. This is big, Ian, I mean really big."

"Really big." I wondered if she was playing with me. Was she playing with him, whoever he was? Was she rubbing my face in her sordid affair?"

"Darling, I'm just about to go down for dinner. My room number is one seven seven. The extension number is one seven seven. Do you remember the Mayfield number?"

"Yeah, it's in my contacts. Call me when you get back. Is it going to be a late one?"

"No, I'll call you. Bye, sweet man. I love you."

After disconnecting, I decided they were probably going to have sex there and then. It was far too early for dinner. I rushed to the table and packed up my laptop. As I looked up, I was surprised to see them walking out hand in hand.

"Fuck," I grumbled to myself. I wanted to catch them in the room. I didn't want to give her a chance to come up with some lame excuse. I wanted to catch her red handed, with no room to deny. The last thing I wanted was some sort of bullshit story.

I walked out to the doors and watched them get into a taxi and drive away. The cafe was closing, I couldn't wait in the lobby. I decided to find a hotel nearby and book in myself.

I got a quick bite to eat and walked back to the Mayfield. Rather than wait inside, I waited outside where I could see the front doors. About nine thirty they appeared. I watched as he held the door open for her. She repaid him with a kiss, and they walked inside, her arm tightly around his waist, his draped across her shoulder. They nestled together tightly, sharing numerous kisses.

It wasn't going to take long. I imagined they would be going at it within minutes of walking in the door. I took the stairs and counted off until I was standing outside room one seven seven.

Leaning close to the door, I could actually hear them. They were obviously going at it hot and heavy. I heard his deep guttural grunts and her purring moans of satisfied pleasure, the bed thumping and groaning under extreme pressure. I heard his voice, rough and excited. "Oh fuck Ava."

Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,565 Followers