Cricket Match

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was back for more primping before we donned baggy white trousers and linen shirts with simple low-heeled sandals. This time we were carefully draped over the large grass mower and the roller used by the ground staff. There was a lot of direction and at one point the director was physically moving our limbs when we failed to get the right idea. By now I was having difficulty stifling my laughter and that was causing Hayley to snigger. At last, the photographer said that he was happy and the two of us had to support each other as we walked back to change again. The make-up artist seemed unhappy that our tears of laughter had caused some damage to her work and she set about repairing the damage.

This time it was two long casual dresses, the sort of thing I could imagine an elegant woman wearing for cocktails after a day in the sun at the beach. We posed in one of the grandstands; on the stairs, sitting down, looking at each other, pointing at some imaginary event behind the photographer. This part was fairly easy as we'd been told just to do as we liked whilst they snapped away.

The final shot was to show two long elegant dresses. That meant that our make-up had to be redone more dramatically and our hair was styled and fastened up, mine in a sophisticated low bun and Hayley's was in a high bun with tendrils hanging loose about her neck. She looked utterly amazing and she gasped when she saw me, so I assumed that she approved of my appearance. The dresses were both floor-length, probably silk and two shades of cream, mine being the lighter of the two. The one I wore had spaghetti straps and Hayley's had wider shoulder straps, our arms were bare and although the dresses showed our figures, everything was suggestive rather than visible. I could imagine two bridesmaids wearing these dresses or possibly even a bride if she wanted something simple. Some bracelets were added before we were given a pair of ballet slippers and led out to the middle of the field. Again, we stood near a set of stumps and were asked to slip into some heels, vertiginous heels that I was sure would have the ground staff objecting if we damaged the surface.

We were given directions as they snapped away and by now, I was getting better at posing and relieved that we were nearly done, a day playing cricket was much easier work than this. The photographer asked us to turn and face each other with the wicket just in front of us. Hayley reached out to take my hand. I took it and stared back at her; she was beautiful. I have no idea how long we were like that or what directions we were given, I paid no attention to anything except the woman holding my hand. Eventually, I realised that it was done.

As we walked back to the changing area, I hooked my arm into Hayley's and whistled 'here comes the bride.' She told me to behave, laughing as she spoke. We changed back into our street clothes and managed to talk the magazine people into letting us have one of the outfits each. I'd thought about the last dress, but it wasn't very practical, so I opted for the little black dress. Hayley wanted the blouse and tailored slacks. I'd never thought that a pair of trousers could be sexy, but on her, this pair was something very special.

As we were getting ready to leave and saying our farewells, we chatted with some of the people from the magazine and right at the end the director jokingly said, "If you ever decide to tie the knot, let us know and we'll cover it."

Maureen had heard that and commented, "I'm sure the club would host the event in the Sherwood suite." We both laughed.

We had fun that evening, retelling the story of the day to Mum and Amy. Later in bed, I kissed Hayley and then leaned over her chest on one elbow so that I could look at her. "I loved doing that today it was fun and we looked stunning in that last outfit, I could almost imagine us at the altar."

"I enjoyed it as well. You looked damn sexy in that dress, now are you going to talk or what?"

"Or what, I think." She smiled and I knew that she had made the same choice.

We kissed before embarking on a lengthy session of give and take sex until neither of us could give or take anymore.

*****

The following week the magazine sent us the photos they planned to use and several others, they were stunning and I was very proud of them. Naturally, we showed Mum and Amy, then Hayley's parents. We didn't talk about it again as all of our time was occupied with playing a lot of cricket.

Two weeks later the magazine was published and we fielded lots of phone calls from family, friends and teammates. A couple of evenings later we were at Mum's house, sitting close together, as we usually did, watching TV. I wasn't watching what was on the screen, the magazine on the coffee table caught my eye and I picked it up. I leafed through the article and photos once again until I got to the main spread and the two of us in those long dresses. I casually said, "Maybe we should ask to have those dresses for our wedding." I hadn't thought about what I was saying, beyond liking the dresses.

Hayley looked at me and casually replied, "They're probably already gone and by the time we need them, they'll be out of fashion."

It took at least thirty seconds before we realised what we'd said. "Wedding?" I asked.

"You started it," she replied with a huge grin.

"How long would we have to wait?"

"What?" She looked surprised, "You're still young and at university and..."

I joked, "I see, you don't want me."

Another thirty seconds of silence followed before she broke it again, "I hadn't thought about it, but yes I'd love to marry you."

I glowed with delight, "And I'd love to marry you." More silence until I asked, "So, how long do we have to wait?"

"Well, you have university, we've only been a couple for six months and...." She tailed off leaving things hanging.

"I once joked about forever, I'm not joking now. I'd marry you tomorrow if I could and I'm certain about that." I was true, I had never been so certain about anything.

She smiled at me, "I'd love to marry you too."

"Why don't we do it then?"

"Because..." she was thinking, "Because it's soon and..."

"Maybe not tomorrow, what about the end of the season?"

"Are you nuts? Don't answer, I know you are. That's idiotic, but it would be nice."

"Then let's do it."

"Are you serious?" she asked.

Until that point it had all been a bit light-hearted, that didn't make my feelings any less serious, but now... "Yes, the end of the season." I waited for her reply with bated breath.

She smiled at me and slid onto the floor in front of me. She took my hand and I held my breath, "Sarah Hardy, would you do me the honour of becoming my wife?"

I grinned, then smiled and said, "Yes I would. I love you."

I grabbed her as she muttered, "And I love you too."

It was then that the door opened and Mum walked in, followed by Amy. "Hi, wow it looks like you just proposed Hayley." She smiled.

My reply was brief, "She did and I said yes."

"What?" was Mum's response, full of incredulity and shock. She found a seat, which was wise as I thought she might fall.

Amy looked stunned and also sat down. "Maybe start at the beginning."

We told the story and they asked questions, before declaring that we were insane. They implored us to wait for longer, but the more questions they asked the more I knew that we were right. Eventually, I drew the discussion to a halt. "We need to stop this. Hayley, please come with me."

She followed me to the bedroom in silence and we both sat on the bed with our legs drawn up under us. "I know we've never talked about this and it all seems a bit sudden, but the more they talked, the more I thought about it and the more I think I'm right. But that all depends on how you feel, we have time, the rest of our lives, but, I'm sure."

She was thinking, I could see the gears in her brain whirring, she took my hand. "It stunned me, in the last hour I've gone through the pros and cons. I know that I love you and I'm sure that I want to marry you, certain of it. I'd do it as soon as we can, but is there a need to rush?" She paused and I remained silent. "September would be great though."

We talked for another two hours before a long session of kissing and then we fell asleep.

We must have both woken up about the same time. Hayley looked at me and smiled. She said one word phrased as a question, "September?"

My reply was longer, but not much, "September it is then."

Amy and Mum asked another million questions and tried to talk us out of it over breakfast, but eventually, Amy said, "Meredith, they seem to be determined and they love each other, let's just try to support them."

"You two are nuts, but I love you both and I can see that you love each other, congratulations."

Hayley's parents took just as long to come around and then we went to see my grandparents. I thought Gran was going to have a heart attack, but Grandad just stood up and grabbed us both for a hug. Now I needed to see Karen and Olivia, and I'd do that on my own.

Olivia - A favour to ask

"Sarah's on her way, something important."

Karen gave me a puzzled look and I simply shrugged. Ten minutes later Sarah was at the door bearing chocolates and a bottle of bubbly.

We made tea and sat in the lounge, but it was clear that Sarah was itching to tell us something. "Okay, what is it? A new tour?" I asked.

"No, it's bigger than that." That caught me by surprise, nothing was bigger than cricket for Sarah. "You know the article in 'Hot' magazine?"

"Yes, it was great, the two of you looked fab."

"When we finished shooting the last pictures, the ones in the long dresses, someone made a comment about weddings and us looking like bridesmaids or brides. It's bugged us since then and Hayley's asked me to marry her." Sarah was beaming. I felt faint.

Karen recovered quicker than I did, "What? Married? You've hardly been together for..."

"Six months. I know, but I'm sure, I want this. We're planning on September and I need two bridesmaids."

I burst out laughing before answering, "I can't think of anyone suitable right now."

Karen put a hand on Sarah's knee and, more seriously, asked, "Are you sure, this sounds insane. I know you love her, but that's mighty quick?"

"Never been more certain. I need you two, please."

We spent the rest of a long evening discussing her thoughts, our thoughts and her plans. When Karen and I went to bed that night we talked, "So, what do you think?"

I closed my eyes for a moment, "It's quick, way too fast, but you can't deny that she's head over heels for Hayley. I don't know Hayley that well, but I'd say that she feels the same about Sarah. Hayley is very smart, sensible and grounded. Look at the success she's had and she still seems down to earth. She's had a few rather attractive partners, but she's picked, Sarah."

Karen was about to say something, but I got in first, "The two of them look quite alike, they're striking."

"That is certainly true, but if you're suggesting that only two people who look alike are well suited, I might need to chuck you." We both laughed over that, but Karen added, "I'm sure that Meredith and Amy will have had plenty to say. I'm happy for her and if it goes belly-up the two of us will be there for her."

"Yeah. I'd do anything for you and my folks, but she'd be next on my list. Plus, I fancy being a bridesmaid."

"I fancy you, but being a bridesmaid will be fun as well."

*****

The wedding planning went ahead quickly. Sarah and Hayley seemed to be in no doubt that it was the right thing and it was clear that they were very much in love. They seemed as besotted with each other as Karen and I felt about each other.

Karen and I were to wear identical dresses in ivory silk with matching shoes that Amy had promised to pay for. We didn't have a great deal of spare cash between us, but I wanted some special underwear and went down on my knees to blag some cash from Dad. He seemed reluctant to hand over money for fancy underwear, but Samantha stepped in and made me smile, "Roger if you don't give her the money you and I are finished. This is important and you don't get it, it's a girl thing." The look on her face was deadly serious, Dad looked stunned, even more stunned when she followed up with, "In fact double what she wanted, or else."

Samantha turned to us with a grin, "You need to forgive him, he's a guy and it's not his fault. I'm not your Mum and could never replace her, but I'd like to help you both if you'd like. But I'll also not be offended if you declined."

Something in what Samantha had said touched a nerve. I went over to hug her, "Thanks for that, we'd love your help. You're not my Mum, but you're my dad's girlfriend and you're important to me, to both of us."

The following weekend Samantha came shopping with Karen and me. We were headed to a local lingerie shop and spent ten minutes browsing, but it wasn't going well. Samantha came over and whispered, "They don't have the right stuff here. I have an idea; will you trust me?" I looked at Karen and she shrugged.

Twenty minutes later we were outside a lingerie shop that that was so upmarket that I'd never even considered looking in the window before. "Sam, this is too much for us."

She looked at the two of us. "First, you're going to your best friend's wedding and need the right things, second, you're a couple and this is appropriate for..." The three of us blushed, "Thirdly, I've never had kids, never had a daughter to play dress-up with and now I've got you two, not quite daughters, so indulge me, please." Karen and I looked at each other and she shrugged again.

Samantha spoke to one of the staff and moments later the two of us were ushered into a large changing area, where we were surrounded by mirrors. Our busts were measured with some precision, with and without clothes. It was a bit odd having other people looking at and touching us, not erotic in any way, it was business for them. We showed pictures of our dresses and two minutes later a selection of underwear appeared in various shades appropriate to the dresses. We selected a set that we both liked and were fitted with bras. The assistants fiddled with the straps and when they stood back, I realised that this bra did amazing things, not only did I have a bigger cleavage but it was more comfortable and with more support than any I'd ever worn. Karen glanced at me and then back to her reflection, "We're having these bras even if I have to get a mortgage. It's so damn comfy and we look amazing."

The assistants smiled and Samantha laughed, "Actually you both look great. Pick a couple of pairs of pants and a garter belt to match." She then turned to the assistants and said, "They also want another set, maybe black, red..." She turned back to us, "Let me do this, I've never had this much fun shopping for lingerie before."

That evening, when we were alone, we changed into our new lingerie, not the wedding sets, the, well sex sets. Mine was in purple and Karen's in black. We wore some very fancy stockings and when dressed stood facing each other holding hands. Then I started to cry.

"What's wrong Liv, why are you crying?" She took my hands.

"I'm sorry, we look so very sexy. I can't believe that I'd ever look like this and I can't believe how good you look, I love you." My knees went and I made it to the edge of the bed.

Karen sat beside me and wrapped her arms around me. "It's okay. I love you too." She pushed me back onto the bed and lay holding me. We stayed like that for a while, just holding each other. I thought back; about twelve months ago the two of us were friends, as close as it's possible to be and then we realised that we were actually in love. From the moment I realised what it was, I was never in any doubt and Karen hadn't seemed to have any doubts either. We'd been very happy since that time and shared absolutely everything. I would never try to tell anyone that sex wasn't good because it was way better than I could ever have believed, but it was the whole thing. Little touches, a smile, a tiny gesture, they were enough. I wasn't sure that it could get any better, at least until I realised that a finger had slid inside my underwear and was now caressing my slit.

"Karen..."

"Hush, my love. Leave me to do this."

I have no idea how she managed to get so far down the bed without my realising it, but suddenly her hands were pulling down my panties and they disappeared somewhere. Then she licked the inside of my left thigh from knee to the junction and back down the inside of the right thigh. I guess that her finger had been inside me since she started licking but I have no idea where it was even though my senses were close to overload, there was tension in my torso and goosebumps on my arms. Karen moved her fingers in and out, gently but she knew what she was doing and then I felt her tongue caressing me alongside her fingers and I came with a whoosh, waves washed over me, warmth enveloped me and I sagged back incapable of anything and unaware of what was happening until I felt her lips on mine.

"Sleep now, my turn in the morning, maybe."

Sarah -- The wedding

Hayley was staying with her parents; I was staying with Mum and Amy and we'd agreed not to speak again until we met the next day. I set my phone down in the bedroom so that the temptation to call her was reduced and I headed to the kitchen. Karen, Olivia and Amy were sitting at the dining table whilst Mum was fixing some snacks. The wine was open and the first bottle looked as if it was suffering from some serious abuse already. The four of them were howling with laughter as Mum finished whatever she'd been saying.

"Hi, what's so funny?"

The reply was simply more laughter. I poured myself a glass of soda water and sat down as Mum explained, "I was telling them about the time you fell into the duck pond when a swan flapped its wings and scared you."

I sipped my drink. "That traumatised me and I still have flashbacks whenever I see a swan." That wasn't at all true, "Now it feels like I'm being re-traumatised by my family, I may need therapy." They stifled their laughter for all of ten seconds before starting again and it was infectious, so I joined in. The next hour was spent telling stories about silly things that had happened to us.

We ordered and ate a Thai take away and the wine took another beating, tongues were getting looser. It was fun and I was enjoying things because I was stone-cold sober. I knew that too much wine was not a good idea for me and I didn't want to suffer. The others always seemed to be able to brush it aside and, on another day, I'd think it was unfair but not today, not this day. Tomorrow I was going to get married, I was excited and nervous.

I must have been away in a world of my own until Oliva touched my arm and I heard her say, "Earth to Sarah, is there anyone there?"

"What, sorry, what is it?"

"We've been watching you for the last minute, you were daydreaming."

"Sorry, I was thinking about tomorrow."

Olivia laughed, "Oh, we have a fair idea what you were thinking about."

Karen turned to me, "I'm sorry to get serious, but I need to say this now before I have any more wine. I know how much love Hayley and how you feel about her, I can see that she loves you too, but you've only been a couple for a few months. Are you absolutely certain you're doing the right thing? It might not be comfortable, but you could change your mind, it's not too late."

I looked at the four of them, Mum was nodding just a little. "I confess to feeling a bit nervous, but I don't think that's anything that other brides-to-be don't feel. As for marrying Hayley..." I took a deep breath, "I've never been more certain about it, not a doubt. I love each one of you, I hope that I'd do anything that I could for you if you needed help, but what I feel for Hayley is something that I can't explain."

1...345678