Crimson Pt. 02

Story Info
The Precinct.
13.2k words
4.71
7.4k
4

Part 2 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 10/30/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise showed, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents in this story are the product of the author's imagination or used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. All characters are over the age of eighteen, unless otherwise specified.

Pt. 2 The Precinct

I left Reggie's office with Morgan. I told her to meet me at the casino, but I didn't know how long I would be. I exchanged numbers with her in case I needed to reach her, because I didn't want her with me when I walked into the precinct. The less I stood out, the better.

I walked into my office and everyone acted the same. I don't know what I was expecting. No one else knew my life changed overnight. My Lieutenant greeted me and complimented me on my shave, but told me to get a clean shirt next time. Yep, everything was normal.

I took the elevator to the top floor where the brass had their offices. The Captain's office was the largest on the floor and actually comprised multiple offices separated from the rest by a long hallway. I had only stepped foot on this floor a handful of times, and stepping off the elevator made me uncomfortable.

Another Lieutenant greeted me, "What brings you to the ivory tower, detective?"

This was Lieutenant Jordan Taylor. She was an attractive woman in her early forties. She joined the force right out of high school and was one of our more decorated officers and was always nice to me. I can't find one bad thing to say about her. She has brunette hair that she wore up, but styled it so it came down to her collar. I only saw her in uniform, so I couldn't tell you what she looked like beyond professional and blue.

"I was told the Captain wanted to see me." I responded, trying to smile. Truth was, I didn't want to be there. The Captain was a VIP member of Crimson, which meant he was most likely an asshole. However, I never had a conversation with him, so I had no way of knowing. If he was anything like Reggie, he was privileged and spoiled. I was certain he would tell me I still worked for the department, and he didn't care if Reggie picked me for something important. Just like Reggie, I was expecting him to exert his dominance over me like a dog. I just hoped he didn't hump my leg.

I walked down the long hallway that ended with his cluster of offices. One side was lined with windows, and the other with awards and pictures of the precinct in years past. I looked at a few as I walked, taking a trip through the history of the police in our city.

At the end of the hall was an open area with the Captain's secretary seated behind a large desk. I introduced myself and she told me he was expecting me. I stood there, not sure what I should do, and she looked at me funny then said, "You can go in detective."

She grimaced like she thought I was stupid. Hell, I probably came across that way. I was out of my depth on this floor and I'm sure everyone knew it. Honestly, I've been out of my depth since the limo ride with Reggie. I didn't know what I was doing, or even if I wanted to do whatever it was I was supposed to. If that sounds confusing, and you don't understand what I'm trying to say, that's ok; I didn't know myself.

I opened the large ornate wooden door emblazoned with the police logo and stepped through. Captain Steven Evans sat behind his oak desk, surrounded by bookshelves, awards, medals, and various figurines and nick knacks representing the city's police department. I couldn't lie; he was a handsome man. I put his age around mid-fifties, but they trained me to be observant. Anyone else would have thought he was in his forties. The eyes and the hands always give it away. Captain Evans definitely worked out, and presented a somewhat muscular and toned physique in his custom-tailored uniform.

He was the Chief of Police for our city. The mayor selected him ten years ago, and continues to serve. There were other Captains on the force, but they were subordinate to Evans and oversaw other precincts. Multiple Lieutenants ran the day-to-day operations of our precinct, including Lieutenant Taylor, who I met earlier.

"Good morning Detective Greene." He greeted me. "Please, have a seat. I haven't seen you since the Christmas party two years ago. I hope you've been doing well."

That was bullshit. Everyone knew I was a drunk, including the Captain. They wrote me up for that party when I drank too much and caused a scene. I went a little overboard on the eggnog and over spiked mine with whiskey. That was fun. Throwing up in the locker room for an hour, not so much.

"I've been well." I lied. "I hope your family is also well."

His family is a mess. His wife, last I heard, was sleeping around with a few officers. His two daughters are not much better. One is in and out of rehab, while the other became pregnant by her boyfriend at seventeen. She's married to the father now, but they probably won't last much longer. He is on the force, but doesn't appear cut out for a long career in law enforcement. He's more of a free spirit, something the Captain hates.

"I just hung up with Reggie and he told me about your, how should I call it, promotion." He said, with a slightly celebratory tone. "I think that's great. To have one of my officers closely associated with an important person like Reggie can only be a boon for me and the department. He must have seen potential in you."

Was he really kissing my ass? I expected him to exert some dominance, but he's puckering up his lips and getting them moisturized. This was unexpected. I wonder what other surprises he has.

"Thank you Captain." I replied.

"No, don't be so formal." He cut me off. "Please call me Steven, or Steve."

Well, I won't be doing that in the precinct, but sure, why not.

"Thank you... Steven." I answered.

No one makes it to Captain in the force without breaking some heads along the way. I didn't know Captain, err, Steven well, but I was sure this was just an act. Come to think of it, Reggie was awful nice this morning. He was almost overjoyed to give me the keys to his kingdom. I didn't think about it, but taken with Captain Evans' behavior, I believed they were playing with me. Time to find out.

"Steven, I have a few questions." I told him. "The first is, why are you acting like I'm your new best friend. You know, as well as I do, I'm the precinct drunk. You don't respect me. Most of the other officers don't respect me, and it's for good reason. I don't care about much of anything. Please enlighten me why that has suddenly changed."

His expression changed for a moment, and I glimpsed disgust. That quickly morphed back to a more genial tone when he said, "James, everyone makes mistakes. I've always had the highest of respect for you, and knew one day you would overcome your issues. You've been through a lot in your life. Anyone else wouldn't have done as good a job."

Oh man, I think I'm about to get sick. The amount of sugar he's trying to force down my throat is turning my stomach.

"Bullshit, Captain." I cursed. "You don't believe that, and neither do I. Why don't you stop screwing around and tell me how you feel. If you don't, I'll advertise your membership in Crimson. I don't like when someone tries to play me."

His expression went straight to pissed off. He sat there fuming for a moment, trying to gather his words. When he did, he said, "I tried to be nice. And for the record, I think you're a fuckup. I do not know why Reggie chose you for that position. Did you know a few of us wanted that? He had a number two until a few years ago. That man got himself killed by blackmailing the wrong husband and meeting the business end of a .45. Do you remember when three people were killed on Dearborn Avenue a few years ago? That was the real reason behind it."

"Yes, I remember that." I answered. "They reported it as a robbery gone bad. Well, that's too bad. He shouldn't have put his hand in a hornet's nest."

I remembered that case. The man that was killed was a circuit judge, and they also killed his two security guards. The shooter was a construction worker, and they apprehended him at his house a few days later. He is sitting in prison doing three life sentences.

"You'll be Reggie's vice president, but he doesn't use that title." Steven explained. "He likes 'right-hand man'. It probably sounds less formal to him."

"Reggie told me you would put him away if he crossed you." I informed him. I wanted to see what Reggie's relationship was like with the other members.

Steven looked down for a moment, then answered, "James, that's not correct. Reggie has information about all of us. He holds enough material on me to put me away for multiple lifetimes. He has that on all the members."

"Is he blackmailing all of you?" I inquired.

"No, that's not it." Steven explained. "We're all members voluntarily. Reggie keeps the info to ensure he's protected. We all know, however, that if he wanted to, he could uproot our lives."

"You could do the same, couldn't you?" I asked.

"Yes, absolutely." He answered. "It would mean mutual destruction. No one wants that, so we remain friends. My point was, I wanted that job. You are part of his inner circle. We're VIP members, but not part of his business. There's no other way of saying this; you just became one of the more important men in the city. You can't hide from it, and people will want to get a piece of you."

Great. I went from not wanting to be seen to everyone seeing me. The uptake from this conversation so far is Reggie lied to me. Well, sort of. People could take him down, but Reggie could take them down just as easily.

"Reggie wants me to assign you to the casino as a liaison." Steven explained. "Initially, you were to remain in missing persons to run interference, but we have a better option now. It seems your lieutenant has found himself in trouble. His wife, Linda, skimmed money from the charity she works for. Our fraud division received the call yesterday, and I just found out last night. I'll have them brought to me a little later, and I would like you here for that."

That got me thinking. "Are there any other officers on the force under the thumb of Crimson?"

"Yes, there are." Steven answered. "I oversee the women who are in uniform that belong to Crimson. I have four officers, one lieutenant. They all have various transgressions that found them in their current predicaments. Blackmailing police is tricky. I have to keep the screws on them, but I can't leave them believing there is no way out. I have my hands in internal affairs, but if they decide to talk and others corroborate their stories, we're done for."

"How do you keep them in line and quiet?" I asked. Knowing how it could help me one day. "If all they need to do is talk, then why do they continue to submit to Crimson?"

"The women are all trained like the others." Steven replied. "But they're not treated exactly like the others. I keep them obedient by using humiliation and sex. Their chief contributions to Crimson are running interference and protection. Reggie also pays them a small amount for their loyalty and obedience. It helps soften the blow, so to speak. I keep detailed records on all of their payments and activity. If they ever come forward, it will discredit them. They know this, so the more they do for us, the further they're under our thumb."

"There must be an end to their service, right?" I inquired. "I mean, you don't keep them indefinitely, do you?"

"No, nothing like that." He answered. "It depends on their transgression, how popular they are, and the level of their submission. I've had one woman who's been under Crimson since she was on patrol. She enjoys her submission, at least a little, and doesn't want to give up the money. Her husband doesn't know about it, and she uses her job to hide everything from him."

"Let me ask you a question." Steven said, looking a little more serious." What are your intentions? What I mean is, what do you expect to get out of this? You don't look like our usual member."

"By that, you mean I don't have money?" I asked.

"No, that's not it." Steven replied. "I mean, you never struck me as someone that was out for power. Hell, you didn't look like you wanted to be part of anything, and your aversion to people is well known."

"You are correct, I don't care about power." I answered. "My only motivation is to protect Brenda and her daughter. Reggie told me there are men that would love to take over for him, and would take him out to accomplish that. I don't want to take over. I just want to do what Reggie expects, which is protect him and Crimson, and go home each night."

"James, you're Reggie's second in command, so to speak." Steven said. "How will that affect your job here?

"I have no intention of changing the relationship that you, or anyone else, have with Crimson or Reggie." I explained, trying to put his mind at ease. "I will answer to him for all Crimson matters. I will answer to you in all police matters. I'm not looking to do anything outside of what Reggie tells me. Unless he gives me the job of bringing in new women, I won't be telling you to blackmail anyone."

"So, you're not trying to angle for Reggie's position?" He asked, looking intrigued.

"Hell no." I exclaimed. "I didn't want this, but Reggie was insistent. Taking it provided the best opportunity to protect Brenda. I turned down more money because I didn't need it. What you see is what you get. I have no ulterior motives."

"You are very unusual, James." Steven said, looking at me closely. "If what you say is true, it's no wonder Reggie chose you. You may be the only person in this city who doesn't want power or money. You're the perfect person to protect Crimson and watch Reggie's back."

"You should also know I'm the perfect person to take Crimson down." I admitted. I wanted to ensure he knew exactly where I stood. Maybe it would keep him off my back. "I don't care about Crimson, not like the rest of you. If someone tries to fuck me, or hurt Brenda, I'll destroy everything."

"Now I see why he chose you." Steven said. "Everyone else has information on all the others. Most of us worry about someone exposing us. I won't have to worry about you doing that unless we do something to you first. It may sound funny, but that's as close to trust as I have with anyone."

"Then why do you stay?" I asked. I was genuinely curious.

"The power we have is addicting." He admitted. "To control people is the ultimate in power. I can call in a woman and have her do whatever I want. I can make a woman's husband bring her to me, undress her, and bend her over so I can fuck her in front of him. That type of power is intoxicating. For me it's hard to walk away from."

"Well, I have no interest in any of that." I replied. "Not taking it away from you. Hell, your payments enable Brenda to have a good life for her and her daughter, so I'm all for you having what you want."

"That's something else." Steven brought up. "How is it, with all the women in the city, you get involved with a prostitute?"

"Steven, I hear your tone when you talk about Brenda." I retorted. "I don't appreciate it. I went through hell when my wife and son died. The precinct was supportive, but it did little to diminish the grief I felt. I don't blame the department. People looked at me like I was broken, and maybe I was. I used alcohol to mask the pain and get closer to my wife. Don't ask. The only people who didn't look on me with pity were the prostitutes I came to know when I worked vice."

"Brenda never made me feel like there was something wrong with me." I explained. "She treated me normally, and accepted me, flaws and all. Somewhere along the way, we connected, and just recently admitted to each other how we felt. For the record, she's a financial analyst who made six figures before the recession. She lost her job, her husband left her, and she was stuck with a baby. The only thing she could do was sell her body to feed her kid. You can stop looking down on her. She's a better person than most of us."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know about all of that." Steven apologized. "What did she do for Crimson to get hold of her?"

"Nothing." I responded. "They picked her up to sell her. Did you know they did that? They planned on putting her daughter in an orphanage. That's another revenue stream Crimson probably has. The kids they put in the system are most likely picked up when they age out and sold as well. Reggie never confirmed that, but if I thought of it, I can assure you Reggie did."

"Holy shit, you're kidding me." He said, sounding surprised. "I knew they sold prostitutes, but I didn't know about their kids. Not that it matters, honestly. We're all in neck deep, so no one has a reason to act like they're offended. I think I may have misjudged you. No one knew how much trouble you were having, but how can you blame us? You kept everyone at arm's length. The jury is still out on whether I can trust you, but I can see a road forward where before I couldn't."

"No problem Captain." I replied. "I didn't make it easy on anyone to like me. I was stuck in my misery and happy to stay there. Brenda is bringing me out and giving me motivation to do something other than get drunk."

"That's good to hear, James." He remarked.

The phone rang and Steven answered it. "Yes, send her in."

"James, you can stay if you wish." He said. "One woman I have comes by every day for her inspection. I require that of all the women I oversee."

The door opened and in stepped Lieutenant Jordan Taylor. I almost fell out of my seat. She closed the door, then saw me. She stopped, then said, "I'm sorry Captain, I didn't know you were in a meeting."

She looked confused. She glanced at me, then Steven, then back to me. She was frozen in place when Steven announced, "Inspection."

Jordan ran forward next to my seat in front of the Captain's desk. She took off her uniform as quickly as she could. Getting out of a dress uniform wasn't that easy, but she looked like she had practice. Once she was naked, she spread her legs, bent at the waist forty-five degrees, and put her hands on her head. She wasn't wearing heels, so she was barefoot and stood around 5'9 inches.

"Jordan, I would like you to meet our newest Lieutenant." Steven announced.

That was a surprise, and Steven must have seen my expression.

"That goes with your new assignment." He explained. "I'll put through the paperwork later today. Congratulations. Don't you want to congratulate Lieutenant Greene?" He asked, directed at Jordan.

"Yes sir." She quickly responded, still looking straight ahead. "Congratulations, Lieutenant Greene."

"James, why don't you do the honors and inspect her." Steven offered me. "Jordan, James is working for Mr. Wallace as his number two man. He can do whatever he wants with you, so get comfortable taking orders from him."

I watched what Reggie did this morning with Brenda, so I followed suit. I stood in front of Jordan and felt her breasts. She had D cups, something that surprised me. Her uniform did a good job of hiding them. They hung straight down, ending in large areolas and thick nipples. I was never one for large breasts, but I enjoyed hers.

I stepped back and admired her. Without her uniform, she was more attractive than I first thought. Her face was pleasant, with hazel-green eyes and a small nose. Her lips were full, and most women would have killed to have them. They had the perfect shape and looked like she was pouting if she wasn't smiling. Her hair was still up, and looking closer, I could tell it was thick. It probably hung to her shoulder blades, at least.

She wasn't a skinny woman, but that didn't mean she was out of shape. She was on the light side of what I would call stocky. I saw some definition in her arms and legs, and her shoulders were wide for a woman. Her breasts and flat stomach gave her a nice figure even though she had a wider waist.