Crucifix: Longing Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He stood outside and listened to Vicki's cries. That minute turned into the most agonizing hour of his life. Two ER operating nurses entered the room along with an orderly. The next thing he knew, they were wheeling Vicki off to surgery. She lost the baby. A little boy. And William suddenly realized that he was mentally spent and felt empty.

The next few days were horrible. She kept saying how sorry she was. How it was her fault. How she'd slipped because she was trying to run to the restroom. But it didn't really matter. What was done, was done...and couldn't be undone. He got the strange feeling that she wanted him to get mad at her, but he just couldn't. It would have served no purpose.

And the following weeks weren't much better. But in the past couple of weeks, it seemed like Vicki was starting to recover a bit of her 'pre-miscarriage' sanity. In fact, she'd become over zealous in trying to be 'everything' to William and it was starting to get to him because just when he'd start to feel comfortable, she'd flip out on him, just like she did there in Adam's work room. ...................

******

...............William stared at his hands and sighed. If only he hadn't opened his big mouth and said something so asinine. Yes, if only. If. "Damn it." He muttered to the silence, half expecting a reply. But from whom, he was not sure.