All Comments on 'Cruel and Unusual Punishment'

by edrider73

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
njlaurennjlaurenover 3 years ago
I liked this!

A very different take on loving wives story, where a man turns a bad situation into something that both helps him extract revenge and also to help others understand the pain they were going to wreak on their own relationships. He isn't out to hurt the women's marriages, he is out to save them while getting revenge in his own.

greenman440greenman440over 3 years ago
Different and good

I thought it was intriguing, original and enjoyable.

KoxokKoxokover 3 years ago

I like the story, but feel Brian should know she was willing to cheat. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
"...sadistic torture?"

So,. this should have been in BDSM or Fetish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Please go away

And STAY away. You couldn't write an entertaining story if your life depended on it.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just

strange. Three ⭐️ stars for this one.

YouamiYouamiover 3 years ago

edrider73

I think that this is one of your best stories. Well crafted and nuanced with an ending I didn't see coming. Cheers

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyed it!!

Didn't go where I expected, not even close.

More "writers" would fare better by following in your footsteps.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
hmmm

The way this story played out, it made you think. The exercise was enjoyable.

Literary-wise, there are a few areas where the dialog was muttled. I as the reader was unsure who was saying the things in the quotation marks. It might be something to work on in future offerings.

Otherwise, Spelling was good; commas and periods where they belong; no misuse of colloquialisms trying to be "hip" and vibrant with the lexicon. A good read!

Well done

Smokepole

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Simply too much head and not enough genitalia.

That's the only explanation for the low rating for this incredible thoughtful story.

So he saves these women from cheating. Except he didn't really save her, did he. He couldn't, just like he can't save his wife. These women all chose to cheat, to betray their spouses, their children, their own sense of decency and self worth. They got naked with him, prepared to fuck him, give him themselves completely and without reserve. The only reason cock didn't enter vagina is because they found out before the sex what they would have found out after the sex. They are morally and ethically damaged goods, cheating whores like Sloane, and they now hate their weakness and lack of morals. They have to go back home knowing that what their husband and children love and cherish as wife and mother is really garbage, deceit, corruption.

And their anguish will be that they can never regain their self respect and integrity unless they get their husbands' complete understanding and forgiveness. And that act of confession and contrition can never be risked, because it may cost them their marriage, as empty as they have now made it. Their cowardice and self-serving reticence is the cherry on the fire that consumes their vanity.

So in punishing Sloane, he is also punishing these supplicating whores, these wannabe sluts to his darkness and mystery and excitement. And now they know there is nothing in the darkness but their own lusting cheating imaginations, and their own weakness and denigration. They have gutted themselves, and they will spend the rest of their lives carrying their entrails around in their tortured minds. They will live lives of quiet desperation, and eventually they will end up hating Bennet as much as they hate themselves. He'll know, when the emails stop.

Thanks for the effort.

baulloyder68baulloyder68over 3 years ago
This was different

A very unusual story but I liked it very much. I kept waiting for some cruel physical torcher then was surprised and relieved by the ending. A well deserved FIVE*****

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Different, but good. I like it.

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Aaaannnd yet, no one got it up the rear, nor was there fishing line around someone's balls with a man-hater yanking on it. So yeah, great story.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 3 years ago
Very unexpected

I think Raven got a real wake up call. This is really a neat story. I didn't start to suspect the ending until half way through the third page. edrider73 really chose his words and their structure well. The story throws the reader off until the very end. Great job and and even better twist.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 3 years ago

No Stomach Churning Twists at the "Illation ? No Problem !

----------—----------------------

Ed must be in a mellow mood. Excellent build up in suspense. The resolution was imaginative, but Sloane the prime mover of the story and arguably the most compelling and diabolical of the characters was not given a scene and if I wish she had been.

--------------------

Still this was a very solid read and I thank the author for sharing.

LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinover 3 years ago
Wow...

I liked it. Interesting concept and well written. I love the psychological games he played against his wife.

Now, the fact that there was no severe anal damage done to a male character requiring multiple surgeries to repair is an interesting twist. Gotta admit, I didn’t see that coming. And was quite pleased to the a story from you devoid of all such content.

Thank you.

JackallsJackallsover 3 years ago
The

Usual suspense, but without the usual sexploits. Very well written original story.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 3 years ago

Truly the most interesting twists in a LW story to date, and it makes it one of the brightest jewels to exist here. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

5/5

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Well this was pretty weird but I expect it from you of course.

The twisty nature of this was good enough for a 4* rating from me which is probably the highest I have given.

I don't care for the "superwoman" whore type overwatch, all knowing wife but this was somewhat fascinating and I applaud you.

There should be repercussions for unprofessional behavior like something so base and low brow as an affair between colleagues in the Sloane's organization.

Affairs unnecessarily compromise and jeapordize organizations of that nature as her affair obviously did. She is still compromised and is using the organization and valuable resources because of her stupidity.

It would also be interesting to see what happened with her fuck head colleague. What a couple of morons.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldover 3 years ago

Your stories are infamously visceral and this one took me somewhere else. Sharper eyes may say no but I think it's unique. What happens next for Raven is a story begging to be told. 5*

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 3 years ago

No Fisting, No Whipping???

Cannot be an edrider73 story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Resoundingly dull

Mechanical, delivered with all the emotion of a laundry list, perhaps it works better in the original German, but now it's just uninteresting and lacking in any kind of real connection or outreach to the reader. 1 star

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago

That was interesting, but perhaps a tiny bit weird. Off centre, but in a good way.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Not a bad story. I don't think I've read one of yours before. I might try another one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5*

I have to say it's such a cool breeze to see a totally new concept of a cheating story.

What a brilliant story, my hat is off to you and I'm gonna be reading a few more of your stories :)

I'm glad you had a guy who let the woman come on to him 100% and you showed that even when a hurt husband is allowed revenge, it is his choice to go through with it.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Oh what a tangled web we weave

When first we practice to write a weird-ass story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

For once in your life you've actually written a story that doesn't make you sound like some kind of a pathetic male feminist soy boy. I honestly don't know whether to be impressed or wonder if you are not some imposter who's hacked to this account. Seeing is your meal needed character is weak, maybe it really is you after all.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

This is a unique story for this section. Sounds more like a psy-ops tale since he really fucked with her mind.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

That was unexpected. It's a bit over the top for me, but certainly very different and original.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

Oof. That was F’in spooky. Really enjoyed it.

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestalmost 3 years ago

very over the top. especially since brian apparently is totally left out. i would have really liked to read the aftermath once he did.

Ocker53Ocker53almost 3 years ago

I usually like Edriders73 stories but this was just too stupid⭐️

MormonJackMormonJackover 2 years ago

Fascinating and outstanding. Thank you EdRider. Your stories always make me think. In this case I think that the wife got off waaay to easy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

With one irritating exception, this was very well done and exceptionally creative. So, 5, no question.

The irritating lapse into brain-dead popular culture is this: "What if I attacked you and you easily killed me? The children would be without a father. What if you let me kill you? They would have no mother." This is the idiotic feminist/male submissive "Xena The Warrior Princess" trope in which 130 lbs women use their "special skills" to take out 220 lbs men in a straight up fight. It's a childish bit of wish fulfillment that has been around in popular culture at least since Pam Greer's movies. The problem is that it's nonsense. Unless she is dealing with a very elderly man or a man who is severely crippled, uses a gun, strikes a man from behind with a club or knife, or does something similar, the woman loses. Badly. Even in sport fighting (say, MMA) where the woman and the chemically or surgically castrated male are evenly matched according to weight, the women admit they are overwhelmed. Sport fighting, however, is not true "violence". When people are involved in true violence there are no rules, no quarter. It doesn't matter how "trained" Sloane is. Women don't have the mass and speed to generate the force needed to injure and stop a much larger opponent who is stronger, has a higher pain tolerance (Yes, that is correct. The childbirth situation involves a special pain dulling physical response, but in the rest of life men have a higher pain tolerance.), more ruggedly built, and who has the edge of aggressiveness that testosterone provides. When it's pure violence, a "Sloane" gets no deference for being a woman, there are no rules or script, and a man can just walk through whatever she throws, most, if not all of which, will be deflected. It literally only takes a second or two to close the distance on her, and then it's over. Most people here don't understand the nature of violence, but if you study what happens in prisons or in the streets, you'd be shocked at what happens, and it would scare the hell out of most readers. "Sloane" could kill her husband "easily" with a gun. Otherwise, "Sloane" is almost certain to die.

Still, this is a great story.

moultonknobmoultonknobover 1 year ago

What a fucking load of shit

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anonymous I am sorry but you are flat wrong. A well trained woman can easily kill a man if he is untrained. Second, a trained woman can defeat even a trained man, even in single combat on even ground if she has the skill and talent. You are clearly unfamiliar with Ng Mui who invented a complete form of martial arts and who defeated martial arts masters in China. When her temple as attacked she was the one the masters made certain survived, she refined her skills and hunted the priest who betrayed the temple defeating him in single combat. Her fighting style was passed down and we know it today because of the only person she taught Tim Wing Tzun and its historically best known practitioner was Bruce Lee.

History is filled with women like this. I have personally seen women including my 5' 3" 115 pound wife take down a man of 6' 3" 200 pounds who was trying to rob her, she did this because she is very skilled but also willing to be extremely violent. You also make the assumption that women are not as violent as men. That is also false. I can point to several examples in history, from US native American tribes whose women would utterly destroy captives through patient and meticulous torture, to SS Women guards in the camps in Poland.

I suggest you do some further research.

ohioohioover 1 year ago

Absolutely brilliant story! Unlike almost anything else I have ever read on Lit. Clearly not enough hot sweaty sex for many readers, but I found this just enthralling, and there's a lot there that I will keep thinking about. Extraordinary work!

Thanks, ohio

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

Nice twist. Thanks for sharing.

SaltySurpriseSaltySurpriseover 1 year ago

loved every word in this story if i could give ten stars i would

i would love a second part to see how the tortured wife responds to having her husband back

SaltySurpriseSaltySurpriseover 1 year ago

After reading this story a second time. Even though Raven didn't have sex with Bennett. she was still cheating on her husband and children. food for thought

I still loved the read

Thank you

Darren

InfiniteXaosInfiniteXaosover 1 year ago

ow, I rather liked this husband. He was genuinely helping other women not do the same that caused the mess he is in. I also rather enjoyed Raven as well. I hope that Sloane truly has changed and their marriage can be repaired.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Dang, Ed! I stopped reading your stories after some of your early ones. They weren't really to my taste and seemed to be more useful as therapy for you rather than entertainment for your readers. While that is a perfectly acceptable motivation for writing, it didn't provide much motivation for me to be a reader. Thus, I was totally unprepared for this story. I thought it was great! It was definitely different, well thought out and had very believable characters. The only problem is, now I have to go back and read all your stories I've missed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Simply idiotic. Was he really that stupid? And why not just file for a divorce? Why put up with that behavior and level of disrespect for even a second? The problem with most all of your stories is that you never conslder any real consequences. Just plain bad.

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

Uhh… Oh, never mind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Second story of yours that I’ve read and I’m just as impressed with how engaging your writing is. Thanks for sharing. MW

LkochhhLkochhh11 months ago

A very original story line, bravo!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Re: anon who buys into women can easily beat or kill men in a fight.

The anon you criticize because he denies your apparent "Amazon/Warrior Princess" fantasy is entirely right. Lapsing into martial arts nonsense and making physics and biology denying claims is absurd. If someone small and weak attacks someone in the right way who is big and strong, but who is unsuspecting, he can be defeated or killed, but even that is taking a big chance. As between men and women, the differences in size, strength, reach, reflexes, aggression, skeletal strength, and pain tolerance are generally massive. I have a blackbelt in karate and one in judo. While they are tremendous exercise regimens, they are not training in true "violence ". If someone wants a true introduction to raw, unscripted violence, watch Tim Larkin's videos on the subject.

Oriental lore about miraculous fighters with nearly supernatural techniques are rubbish. I've also had to spar with many women in training because in the West training is coed to increase revenue. I can tell you that sparring with women is a waste because very little effort is needed. Because the typical male's reach is so much longer, he can easily stop an attack. If a woman connects, it rarely feels like much of anything. Of course, this is, as in all martial arts training, happening in a rules controlled setting. Pure martial arts in a street setting...where violence can be unexpectedly initiated in a second and fights are often over in seconds...are not a lot of help. Real violence requires a completely different mentality and different training. To understand that, you'd have to have a much better grasp of true violence than our fantasy spinning anon.

Ed Rider, like many LW writers, has a femdom fetish. So, apparently does the the anon I'm criticizing. If a man isn't old and feeble, handicapped, etc, a woman can take him out by sandbagging him or with a weapon like a gun. Otherwise, you will get badly hurt unless he has been heavily socialized to let women get away with things he'd never accept from a man.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x11 months ago

Where was the femdom? Even the cheating was really in the past.

kirei8kirei811 months ago

Ok, it is a story of two cheating sluts, one with a physical affair and one with an emotional affair. Both need to be punished but only one is. I think Brian should get an email just like Bennett and let the chips fall where they may. Raven deserves punishment also.

ejsathomeejsathome11 months ago

Fascinating story. Very interesting. Well done.

Medussa55Medussa559 months ago

Wow! Excellent plot with a twist really well done.

StruckwrongStruckwrong9 months ago

Not that it wouldn't be broken beyond repair.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It's a little tough to sort out the dialogue here.....who is saying what. But, otherwise, this is one of the most innovative stories on this site.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well, this is one of the most brilliant and creative stories that I have read in a very long time. Naked together but no sex, and still tortures the heck out of the other wife. Absolutely loved the whole story. Would have liked the ending when he goes home and says that the revenge is complete to find out his wife's reaction; however this ending suits the author just fine. Just finished reading the interview of the Edrider73 and his thoughts about how he ends his stories dovetails this one to a big "T". Fantastic.

WisquejacWisquejac5 months ago

Intriguing story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I think the story sucked. Although there was no intercourse, Raven cheated on Brian. She has been having an emotional affair with her boss, along with lunches and dinner dates. Not to mention that that she was naked with a man that is not her husband. I hope that Brian questions her whereabout when he was not able to get hold of her while he was gone. Cheating is cheating. Raven cheated the same as Sloan. I hope Brian finds out and destroys her life.

RodzzzRodzzz3 months ago

I started getting confused upon the sudden injection of the Sloane character into this non-story and finally decided it wise to walk away with whatever remnants I had of my sanity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

An amazing story that most critics apparently did not understand. 5 stars. Some deep stuff.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous