Crystal Beach

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Our love making didn't happen. Naked, we held each other in our arms, and Jeri sobbed herself to sleep. It was the worst night of my life.

*****

The kiss in the tent the night before was our last.

The smell of oiled canvas and what had happened within it would remain with me for the rest of my life. So would the feeling of waking up alone.

Jeri was nowhere to be found in the morning. I pounded on Joe's door, but his other neighbor told me she had seen Jeri and the kids leave an hour earlier. She had disappeared rather than say goodbye. She had agreed to meet me. She had promised to say farewell. It was to be our final embrace, but it never happened. She let me leave without the chance to plead for her love.

Goodbye hugs and kisses were given out to my aunt and my cousins. Promises were made about getting together again soon, but we knew it wouldn't be for a while. And when I gathered up my backpack and climbed into the Mercury, if took everything in my power not to cry.

How had the best summers of my life turned into something that hurt so much?

*****

"Really? It ended like that. Did you call or write. Come on Grandpa. Tell me you at least stayed in touch for a while."

"No. It ended like that."

"That sucks. I mean, your story is pretty sad. So sad it gives me a shitty feeling in my soul. Maybe you should change the ending."

"Wish I could. But the ending is the ending. And I've lived with the same 'shitty" feelings for a very long time," I looked over at my grandson. He actually looked like the story had somehow touched him. "It's life, Liam. Sometimes it doesn't go as planned."

*****

Turning left off Hwy #3 gave me and anxious tension in my body. For some unknown reason, I was nervous about returning to the Beach.

My saving grace was Liam. He guided me as if I'd never been to this small town. Little did he know, was that when I passed Alexandra Rd. on my right, my heart sank. I wanted to turn down the street, but I kept driving.

"Up here. Grandpa, turn right up here. I got a site that says this restaurant is pretty good."

Casa Hugo was a cool little Mexican joint on the old strip. It had an outside patio, and that was what we needed after being cooped up in my truck for so long. Liam had spotted it or looked it up on Google. I'm not sure which, but when I parked, it's where we ended up. This place was newer and was definitely not here, the last time I was in town. Then again, most places weren't.

Our greeter asked us if we preferred something inside or out. Liam gave her an answer without consulting me. We'd be sitting outdoors, but the hot sun felt good beating down on us.

Walking to our table, my lean and muscular grandson caught the attention of at least a couple of the young ladies his age. From different tables, they smiled in his direction. Flashing rows of perfect, pearly white teeth. Their suntanned skin and beach bodies drew his attention. One strawberry blonde-haired girl caused Liam to take a second look.

"Man, I love Canadian girls already Grandpa."

"You assume they're Canadian. As I recall. Lots of Americans' still vacation and own property around here."

"How far is the beach?"

"Just over the hill. We'll grab some lunch and stretch our legs. I'll show you around."

"Shit. This small town must have been the coolest place in the world, back in the day."

"It wasn't bad. It really wasn't bad at all," I said as my eyes scanned the bar and street. Just being on the main street of the old town brought back lots of memories of my youth.

Within seconds of sitting, we had placed a drink order. I picked up a menu to browse and Liam continued to make eye contact with one of the young ladies who had stared him down when we walked in. She was sitting at a table alone and was mindlessly twirling strands of her long yellowish hair.

"Hey pops. How can I tell?"

"Tell what?"

"Whether she's a Canadian girl or one of us."

"By one of us, I assume you mean, American and not from another planet," I asked my grandson. He arched his eyebrow and grinned. I waited a second and took another look at the beautiful young girl. A long look. In fact, I stared at her and her table too long. She caught me looking. She smiled at me. It was so beautiful, innocent and sincere. I return it with one of my own. The young blonde was definitely a looker.

"She's Canadian."

"Come on. How can you tell?"

"Easily. She just called the lady who sat down with her 'Grandma'."

"So."

"Well, that young lady's grandmother, is Jeri."

"What? No freaking way. Did she see you? Are you going over there? Did you know she'd be here?"

"I didn't know. And yes. I plan on saying hello at some point."

My old heart pounded in my chest. Anxiety and nervousness like I had never felt in my life returned to me. Jeri was still a vision. Beautiful. Vibrant. And now with some maturity, and years, she seemed almost...graceful. The years appeared to have been very good to her. Even through my Ray-Bans, I could see as much.

The smiling granddaughter must have said something to her grandmother about us 'staring'. The older woman turned and looked our way.

Lifting my glass of iced tea, I toasted the air.

Jeri chuckled, waved, and lowered her head. Her chin dropped and touched her chest. But when she looked back up, she had an unmistakable smile on her pretty face.

"Let's go," I told Liam as I got up from our table.

Both ladies checked us out as we crossed the patio floor.

Jeri was the first to speak.

"Hey stranger. You feel like going for a ride on the Wild Mouse?"

"I sure do," I paused and let myself absorb the feelings racing through my head. "Jeri. It's been a very long time. Far too long."

"It sure has. I was so sorry to hear about Joyce. She was always so nice to me."

"No, she wasn't. She only liked you because kept me out of her hair. And I think she owed it to Joe and Shirley."

Jeri's infectious laugh filled the air, "Andy. I was trying to be nice."

"My, how times have changed. I seem to recall the days when tormenting Joyce was a game for you."

"Never," she said with a slight blush.

Our brief moment was over. Jeri stood and put her arms around me. It was the first time she had done so in forty years. Immediately my head turned. My lips touched the side of her face like it was the most natural thing in the world for me to do.

Together we squeezed four decades into one 30 second hug. Images. Scents. Memories. They all flashed through my head while I held her in my arms.

I wanted to hold her forever. Pull her to me and never let her slip away again. But when I felt her arms loosen their grip, I knew it was time for us to break apart.

"Sorry. Please let me introduce my grandson. Liam, this is a very dear friend, Jeri. Ladies, my grandson Liam."

"Liam, I'm not sure if you've ever seen any old pictures, or if anyone had ever told you, but you sure look a heck of a lot like your grandfather did when he was your age."

"So, I'm told," Liam held out his hand. "Pleasure to meet you."

"Like wise. And let me introduce my granddaughter. Stacey. Stacey this handsome old fellow, Andy, was my very first boyfriend. And as you've heard, his clone grandson, is Liam."

Handshakes were handed out all around. And Jeri was the first of us to invite the other to join them. She didn't ask. She just pulled a pair of chairs to her table and told the server we would now be sitting with them.

Together, we talked and ate. Everyone told stories, but when Jeri spoke of the past, I could see Liam blushing. Even though I had kept most of the graphic details to myself, I had still probably told him way more than I should have.

*****

With lunch, and two hours of talking, behind us, it was time to find our VRBO rental and set-up camp. So, to speak. I had found a big place on Point Abino that had direct access to lake. I thought Liam might enjoy catching some perch or bass if we found some spare time.

During the entire lunch, I not once had asked Jeri where her and her granddaughter were staying.

"Ladies. We're out on the point. What about yourselves?"

"Well..."

Both Liam and I looked at them and listened with interest. Neither of us was sure what 'well' and the long delay meant. But we knew it could have a number of answers.

"We brought stuff to stay, so that we didn't have to make the long drive home both nights. But the CBM only has a room for tonight. Tomorrow is booked solid."

The CBM was the Crystal Beach Motel. It was small and on the outer edge of town.

"Perfect. Good for them. It's a busy time of year. With the past couple years being the way they been, I'm sure they need the business," pointing to my truck, I continued. "I'm in the Yukon. Follow us to the house. The place is huge four or five bedrooms and bathrooms. More than enough space for the likes of us."

Jeri's head tilted as if questioning my motives. But Stacey was already pulling at her arm. Forcing her to move toward the car they would be following us in.

"Andy. Maybe we should..."

"It's called an adventure. Remember those words? They were once yours. We'll spend some time at the beach. Find somewhere for a nice dinner. Then we'll have a fire by the water." I clicked the release button and opened the door of my truck. "Come on. It'll be just like old times."

Her, "that's what I'm afraid of" was heard clear as a bell.

Pulling a U-turn. I moved the truck up the street and waited. Jeri reluctantly moved into place behind the wheel and started to follow.

"Thank-you. Thank-you. Thank-you. Jesus Christ. Gramps, did you see that girl? I mean...wow. She's smokin hot. I swear. I'm buying you the coolest damn Christmas present ever."

"Calm down big guy. Nothing has happened yet." I understood his enthusiasm. I felt the same way about spending time with Jeri.

"It doesn't have to. She's staying in the same house as us. We're going to the beach together. She gave me her info. And it you noticed. We even took a selfie together. That's way more than 'nothing'. Am I right?"

"Remains to be seen."

"Oh, it's going to be 'seen'. For sure it is. Did you heard what she said to me? She said her and I, looked like a younger version of you and Jeri."

*****

The ride from town to Point Abino only takes minutes. Unfortunately, due to the homes and cottages along the lake, you can't see much. But when you finally make that left hand turn, it's an entirely different world.

"Shiiiiiit...look at the lake."

"Told yah. It's pretty cool."

"Cool? Grandpa. It's amazing. And huge," Liam had undone his seatbelt and was leaning over me as he stared out the window at the water. "What's that?"

"That's us. The States are just across the lake. About thirty miles."

"I can see it plain as day."

"Just don't get any ideas about swimming over. It's way further than it looks."

"Don't worry. I won't be leaving Stacey's side until you force me to."

"Why is it that I believe you?"

*****

Our rental was beyond the security gates. It was on a private section of the point. Up a way from the Bertie Boat Club. A place where Jeri and I would sneak off to when we could years ago. We'd share a plate of fries or a burger while we enjoyed the view of the water.

The house was less than twenty years old. Even so, it had still had a major renovation recently. It was a prime property.

"Ladies, you can pick which ever room you'd like. I'll pick next. And we'll see if there's a spot on the floor for Liam to sleep."

His fist lightly punched my arm when the girls laughed. His "very funny", was only heard by me.

The place was perfect. And in minutes, I had opened a bottle of wine and the kids had changed and were headed off to the beach.

"Join me on the porch?"

"Absolutely. Just give me a minute," Jeri told me as she went upstairs.

The view of the water was relaxing. And the huge trees lining the property gave off lots of shade for these hot summer afternoons. It was something I always remembered about Lake Erie. Even on the hottest days, there seemed to be a nice breeze coming off the water.

When Jeri returned, I smiled. I had to. She was a 50 something version of her 18-year-old self. White t-shirt with rolled up sleeves. Cut off blue jean shorts. And a pair of flip flops. The Converse were gone.

"Liam's a handsome lad."

"He is. I very proud of him. Stacey reminds me of someone very dear to my heart."

Jeri's hand reached out from her lawn chair and touched my arm.

"Well. Do you think we can catch up on all the lost years before they come back screaming for food?"

"We can sure try."

Nothing had changed. The sun, breeze, conversation and Jeri's smile. They were just as incredible as it had been all those years ago. Only the context was different. Different perspectives if you will.

It wasn't until we saw Stacey and Liam walking up the beach hand in hand that we checked the time. Four hours had gone by in a flash.

*****

For someone who had never been to Canada, Liam easily found another restaurant.

335 on the Ridge for some pizza, wings and salad.

Even having spent some summers up here, I couldn't remember ever having gone to Ridgeway. It, like Crystal Beach, is a great little town, but it isn't really on the water.

After having our fill of stove oven pizza, we made our way back to the cottage, and as planned, had a fire.

In the darkness of the night, Jeri's hand would touch me as she spoke. Her stories had become more animated than I recalled them ever being in the past.

In a day, we had caught up. We told stories of life, love and hardship. Two old friends becoming reacquainted.

Long after the fire had dwindled down to nothing more than some burning ambers and coal, Jeri stood to say goodnight.

"Andy, thank you the great day. The conversation and hospitality are second to none."

"It's the company I keep. And you're right. Today was a great day. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better."

*****

At some point during the night, I heard the footfalls of soft steps as they touched down on the wooden planks of the hall. There was no knock on the door. No request for entry. Just the turning of the knob and a soft creak of the door in the darkness of the night.

Although it was past midnight, the moon shimmered enough light to display my guest. Jeri closed the door behind herself and made her way to my bed.

Dressed only in a robe that was open enough to show off cleavage that was far more ample than I could recall.

"May I?" Jeri asked as she untied the sash of her terrycloth covering.

"Please do."

"Nothing has changed."

"How so," I asked.

"Forty years later and you're still waiting for me to make the first move."

"Only because you've always been braver."

"Andy..." her pause was genuine. "I've never been...I'm more nervous tonight than I was our very first night."

Lifting my hand. I took hers into mine. My lips found the back of it and applied a kiss.

"There's no need to be. Old friends. Old lovers. We're still the same. Only the world around us has changed."

When the robe hit the floor, I took in every inch of Jeri's sexy body. It was perfect. Exactly what I had expected from a soon to be sixty-year woman. I hoped she found me nearly as attractive as I found her.

The softness of her lips found mine as she cozied herself under the blankets and wrapped herself in my arms and legs. Like I had told her earlier in the day. Just like old times.

"Jeri..."

"Yes," she whispered into my ear.

"Are you sure?"

"About one thing. I'm sure that if I have to wait another forty years to see you, it'll be too late for both of us."

*****

Our tears were only the tip of an iceberg called, "emotion". The touch, taste and smell of a girl I had once knew brought back a flood of memories I had tried to keep locked away. Memories and emotions that had been seal in a vault for decades. Only to be reopened, tonight.

"Jeri, you're still the sexiest girl I know. And your butt is just as firm as it was all those years ago."

"Too many years on my feet. Nursing puts a lot of miles on a pair of shoes."

"Well, it's paid off for you. You look incredible."

"Andy. It's been over five years since I've...I don't want to disappoint you."

"Disappoint me. You could never disappoint me. Just laying here beside you would be more than enough for me. There's nothing in the world that could ever 'disappoint' me when I'm with you."

"Can we make love?"

"That would make me the happiest man on the planet. I've waited forty years to hear you ask me that question again."

Our love making was nothing like the last time we were together.

There was no rush. No urgency. No need to do every single thing we could. No. This time was different in a very special way.

Special and magical. Lots of foreplay. Touching. Kissing. Biting. Caressing. And when it was time to make love, I crawled between Jeri's spread legs like I had so many times before. With grace and ease, she guided my hardness home.

Together. Joined as one. We moved like lovers who had never known a day apart. In sync. In unison. Hips, hands, mouths. We both gave. We both received. And when we climaxed. Each of use was well beyond the point of caring who heard us.

*****

For the longest time we lay together in silence. Jeri with her head cradled on my chest while I mindlessly twirled her hair around my fingers.

"I've missed you, Andy. I never thought I'd even see you again. Never mind doing what we just did."

"I asked you to come..."

Her fingers reached up and covered my lips.

"Shhh. We can never change the past. And I wouldn't want to. I have two great kids and three grandkids who mean the world to me. I wouldn't change it even if I could. And I've seen the way you interact with Liam. I'm pretty sure you feel the same way about your family."

"True. But I've always felt like we missed out on a golden opportunity."

"Maybe death has brought us new life."

Basking in the glow of love making and the sensations of what had just happened between us, I held on to my lover. Her soft, smooth, warm skin and body pressed to mine. A bond so tight, neither of us planned on letting the other get away again. Was it a 'new life'?.

*****

From my bed, my lover wrapped in my arms, I once again heard the creaking of the cottages' wooden floors. Liam was on the move. No doubt he was headed down the hall to visit Stacey.

"Do you want me to put a stop to it?"

"Yes, because she's, my granddaughter. No. Because if he's anything like you, she deserves him in her life."

"There's no need to butter me up, beautiful. If you recall. I'm a sure thing."

"Oh, I know. I can't recall a time when you ever declined an offer I made."

"Then and now. It will never happen."

"I suppose Liam is the same way. We'll have to bite our tongues and let them have their own fun. Because it seems they're only following the example we set for them."

"Let's hope they're not as loud as their grandparents were when they were that age."

"Shhhh...don't remind me. Joe still teases me when he reminisces about the old days."

Her hand reached under the covers. When it found what it was looking for, it stoked the hardness of my shaft.

"Yeah. Seems like another memory. This thing was probably harder more times than it was soft. And it feels like it's ready to go again."

"True. It is. But it's your fault. It was always your fault."

Jeri's laugh made my heart feel good. And when she rolled into me and pressed her naked breasts against my chest, the clocks spun backwards and didn't stop until they had put forty plus years behind us.

"I remember the feel of your naked body touching me like it was yesterday. And when you kiss me, I can still taste the coconut from those suckers you loved."

"So do I."