Curse of the Bloodmage

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"My father," Beth finally managed to squeak out.

"Is dead," Grimsby cut her off, "We asked around before we came down here, girlie. Your Pa, your Ma and now your brother, all dead. My heart bleeds for you dearie. All alone in this world."

"Please," Her desperation rising, she snapped her head in the direction of the cart driver, "Please just leave. I won't tell anyone you were here. I have no money left to give you, but you can take what little I have from the house."

"Ha!" Grimsby barked a laugh, "Don't turn to him looking for sympathy. Old Salty here is the one who came up with this here little scheme, ain't that right, Salt?"

"Shut up Grimsby," The older man growled a warning. Beth looked between them and then stopped cold when she saw that the man called Salt had his hand on his dagger again. Only this time the implication was clear. Her blood turned to the clear cold of glacier runoff.

Grimsby paid Salt no mind and continued to scoff, "You thought Salty was going to take pity on you? The man is the most heartless bastard I ever met." He started walking towards her. Salt did the same, they were approaching her from two converging angles. Instinctively she began to back away. She glanced around looking for an escape route but, in her panic, forgot about the large water pail behind her.

She tripped and fell back onto the dirt, scraping the back of her calf on the metal handle and landing with bruising force on her hip and left hand.

She cried out with the pain, but when she looked up she saw both men were upon her. Grimsby had on his leering smile again and Salt had out his sharp-looking knife. Grimsby squatted down in front of her and cocked his head to one side before saying, "You should have given me what I wanted the first time I seen you girlie. A pretty thing like you out here all on her own awakens something inside a man." For emphasis, he groped at his crotch. His grin widened when she reflexively looked down.

"If it were up to me we would have had you then and there the first time we met. Then we would have been on our way. We might even have let you live or, at the very least, given you a quick death. You hardly would have felt a thing. But you had to appeal to Salty here, and you got his attention. Let me tell you, girlie, you don't want old Salty's attention on you."

Teeth bared Beth looked wide-eyed to Salt for the negation to this story. But she saw nothing in those heavily hooded eyes. A total lack of compassion or even desire. They were the coldest things she had ever seen.

She realized then that Grimsby was still talking, "Salt here ain't nearly so kind. He likes his pleasures, if you can call them that, to last longer. He cautioned patience, we had to be back at the base the same day we saw you last time. He conceived a plan for us to come out this way again, this time with a few days to spare. We thought we could come by and pay you a visit, see how you were doing after your tragic loss. Perhaps we could console you."

As he said this he placed a hand on her leg just below the knee. When she flinched and tried to bat it away he caught her hand in his and squeezed down on it until she felt the bones grind together.

"You're going to wish you took my offer last time. We got days to work on you and by the time we're done you're going to be begging us for death."

Grimsby seized and gripped her other leg painfully tight. When Beth moved to strike him she was stopped short by a subtle but meaningful flourish of Salt's knife.

"Shut the fuck up, Grimsby," the man snarled, "Now hold her down."

It was then that Beth found her voice. She screamed and tried to kick Grimsby away. But, he held her tight. What was worse was that he joined in on her screams with a wolf howl that then turned into a laugh. When she paused to stare at him with terror-filled eyes he said, "Scream all you want, girlie, we know there ain't no one out here who can hear you for miles."

She didn't cry out again, not even as Salt kicked Grimsby and snarled at him to move aside so that he could kneel between her legs. Fear drew her muscles tight as Salt took hold of the hem of her simple dress. Then he used his blade to cut a rent in the material.

Bethel screamed again, unable to stop herself. Both men ignored her and Salt rose up, taking each side of her partially cut dress in hand. With hands made strong by years of handling the reins of stubborn beasts, he began to tear the material apart. The well-worn fabric tore easily and Beth squirmed as the dividing line ran up to her throat.

Salt and Grimsby shared a look. Grimsby grinned maniacally, but all Salt did was run a tongue over his bottom lip. Then he stooped again and cut her shift in the same way. She tried to fight, but the two men easily overpowered her.

Salt took the shift in the same way he had the dress and ripped it apart in one sharp motion.

Beth squeaked as she was suddenly stripped naked before the two men. Their eyes fell on her heaving bare breasts before traveling down. Beth felt horribly exposed. No one had seen her naked like this in stark daylight, not since she was a babe. Both men were now staring at the soft curls at the nexus between her thighs. Grimsby let out a soft hiss while Salt just ran that thick tongue over his bottom lip again.

Grimsby placed a rough hand possessively on her inner thigh. Beth was too fearful to fight it off now. Part of her was resigned to this horror. Perhaps if she did not resist it would be over quickly. She made an effort to seek inwards for some thought that would give her the will to fight but over and again all she saw was Eanon shutting the door and walking away from her.

She heard a clink and, in her numbed state, hardly seemed to care that Grimsby was fumbling open the clasp on his belt. His grin had spread and his lips were shiny with wetness. She prayed more than anything that he would not try to kiss her.

Then he gave an "Oof," as Salt elbowed him hard in the ribs before saying, "Back off you mangy curr, You ain't going to be putting your rotten knob inside the girl until I'm finished with her. You can have what's left. I'll be damned if I'm going to risk catching whatever poxes you have."

Grimsby's smile vanished. He glowered but, to Bethel's surprise, he demurred to the older man. Salt, not caring in the least for his partner's feelings, firmly shoved Beth's thighs further apart. His white brows knotted together as he contemplated something.

"I was going to fuck that pretty little arse of yours to hear you scream," He mused nonchalantly, "But that is a peach of a cunny you have there. Anyone been inside it yet?" He looked up at her as if posing a perfectly serious question which he expected her to answer, "Am I going to be your first?"

Bethel spat at him. But the heat and her fear had conspired to rob the gesture of any meaning and it only served to give Salt a reason to smile for the first time.

"A fighter? Good, I like a fighter," This time it was his turn to begin loosening his belt, and Bethel felt the last few grains of sand slip through the hourglass.

She closed her eyes against the flood of fresh tears, but snapped them open a moment later at the sound of a sharp crack.

There was a feral cry of rage and then another crack. Beth looked up and saw a blur of motion.

It was Eanon and he was swinging their father's staff.

The first blow must have caught Grimsby across his back. He lay in the dust writhing in pain. The second must have been directed at Salt because he clutched at one shoulder. But the man was spry for his age and in a flash he was up. Bethel screamed as he dug his fingers into her hair and yanked her back, placing her between him and Eanon, who stood poised to swing again.

She stared pleadingly at her brother, whose face was transformed once more into that rage-filled beast that had taken her less than a week before.

"So, you live after all, boy." Salt sounded respectful when he spoke, "I'm impressed, but I suggest you walk away. I would hate to have to gut your pretty little sister right in front of you." Bethel then caught the glint of Salt's knife in the hand he did not have wrapped up tight in her hair.

Salt gave her head a rough jerk back and Beth gave an involuntary scream.

Eanon's teeth were bared like a cat's, Beth could see his knuckles turning white from the tight double-handed grip he had on the staff. She could see his mind working, trying to figure out a way to save her. Strangely, it made her feel a bright beam of warmth to know he cared so fiercely.

Then she saw what was happening.

"Watch out!" She cried, finally realizing Salt's diversion. Eanon spun too late to stop the newly recovered Grimsby from tackling him. The two men struggled furiously on the ground. Eanon's long staff was now useless and he discarded it in what quickly turned into a messy grappling match.

Beth could see that Eanon was the better fighter, but his much-taxed strength and Grimsby's mad disregard for pain or personal injury made them an even match.

While the tussle ensued she felt Salt shift his weight. She caught him turning the knife in his hand and knew what was coming next. When Grimbsy rolled Eanon over to this side, Salt was going to stick him with his sharp little dagger.

Beth tried to scream a warning, but Salt brought down the butt of his knife atop her crown, making stars burst in her vision. While she waited for them to clear Salt stepped forward, dragging her along with him by her hair.

He was just waiting for the first opportunity to present itself. Beth shook her head. The white heat after the initial blow had dimmed, but there were still sparks popping occasionally around the edges of her vision.

Suddenly she found that the fight that had all drained out of her earlier had come back with the return of her brother. Suddenly she wanted to live again, wanted him to live. She had not gone through everything she had just let Eanon die at the hands of some rapist scum.

Salt had clearly disregarded her as a threat, which is why he had no defenses up when she reached up a hand and took hold of his testicles. They were big and Beth felt revulsion fill her throat as her fingers brushed his hard cock. Then she began to squeeze.

"Hey!" Salt yelled, doubling over with the sudden intense pain. He released her hair as he tried to tear her hand off his crushed testicles, but Beth held on tight, wrapping her second hand around the first to increase the force of the squeeze.

Salt screamed and brought the knife up. Beth released him in an instant and rolled away in the dirt.

"You fucking bitch!" Salt roared as he stumbled forward. Beth was scrambling back on her hands and naked backside when she struck something hard that jabbed her in the back.

It was the bucket, she realized, just as Salt made to leap at her. Beth somehow found the handle of the pail and she brought it around in a desperate arc. There was a metallic crunch as the bucket connected with Salt's knee and the man cried out again.

He backed off, hopping on one leg, his face turning purple with rage. Beth was no less furious, She had had enough of the treatment of these sorts of men. Naked, dirty and bruised, she raised herself up off the earth and held the bucket at her side.

"Fucking little cunt," Salt spat. Beth could not think how she had ever through the man looked grandfatherly. She stepped forward. Salt, still gathering himself after the surprise of her turning the tables so suddenly took a step back. He held the knife ready to one side and his eyes burned with hatred.

Beth was seeing it all now, seeing the one path she had out of this. Eanon was tiring on the floor. Grimsby finally had the upper hand and was astride her brother. He had his hands at Eanon's throat and he was starting to crush the life out of him.

Beth made a feint for Salt, who, still favoring his knee, moved back again. Beth used the moment to turn sharply and bring the bucket around and into the side of Grimsby's head. The sound rang out hollowly and Grimbsy was sent sprawling to the side.

Eanon wasted no time and was up quickly. He grabbed for the staff that still lay close at hand and managed to get a firm grip on in. He began swinging it down just as Grimsby rose up on one knee.

The old, heavy staff crushed into the bone of Grimsby's skull, sending up a spray of blood. The man dropped to the ground unconscious or, perhaps even dead.

"Are you alright?" Eanon panted, his eyes turning to Salt. the older man now looked like a cornered rat, his face had pulled into the rictus of a snarl.

"I'm fine," She said, hoping he didn't notice the quaver in her voice.

Salt must have sensed this moment of distraction was his time to attack. He lunged forward for Eanon. Again, his speed surprised them and Eanon gave a small cry as the old man slipped inside the effective range of the staff and moved in for the kill.

Salt had made the same mistake twice. He had disregarded the danger a slim, terrified looking girl like Beth could offer. It was not a mistake he would get a chance to make again.

Beth's arms were lent strength by the fury she felt at having the man she loved more than any other have his life threatened. The bucket she swung came down with enough force on Salt's arm to audibly crack the bone.

Immediately the knife fell from deadened fingers and he swore loudly. His momentum carried him forward though and he drove into Eanon with enough force to knock both of them over.

Driven mad with pain and at having his plans frustrated, Salt seemed to have gained in strength. His one good arm was being used to hold Eanon in place, and he could only attack him by biting and snapping and Ean's face with rotten teeth. Ean fought desperately to keep the madman at bay.

Then Beth had the knife in her hand. She moved quickly and precisely. Without hesitation she jammed the blade into the side of the man's neck, just below his jaw.

She gave a little yelp, leaping back as a mist of blood sprayed out and coated her hand. Salt, mouth opening, voice clicking in the back of his throat, turned a wide-eyed disbelieving stare on her.

Beth brought her hands up to cover her mouth, then stopped just short when she remembered the blood covering one of them.

Salt hissed, his face turning dark, as he clumsily clutched at the blade. Unable to close his hand around the hilt, he slowly keeled over, rolling over onto his back and staring up at the sky as his chest moved up and down rapidly.

Beth watched as Eanon scrambled to his knees. He placed a hand on the knife, hesitated a moment, and then jerked it free.

Salt arched his neck, and the sigh he let out almost sounded relieved as a large pool of blood quickly formed a macabre halo around his head.

Beth stood immobile as Eanon glanced down to the dagger and then over to where Grimsby lay twitching a few paces away.

"Look away," Eanon spoke grimly. Beth wanted to ask what was the point but complied anyway. She had seen enough darkness for one day.

She heard the scrape of Ean's boots on the earth then, after a brief silence, the drumming of heels on the ground and then silence exploded all around them.

Beth let out a whimper. Eanon was behind her a moment later. With her arms clutched to her breasts, Eanon wrapped her up in a hug. Finally, Bethel let go of the fear she had been holding onto in a wracking sob. She turned into her brother and let him hold her tight.

"I am so sorry, Beth," he spoke softly into her ear.

"You came back," she said through her tears.

"I was nearly too late."

"But you left. Again."

"I know, I am sorry. I was just all mixed up by what happened. I really thought I hurt you."

"You did, but only when you left. Never leave me again." She wrapped her arms around his neck and held her head close to his. She suddenly became aware that his hands were slowly massaging her back, just barely covered by the remnants of her clothing. She tilted her head up and found his eyes looking deep into hers. Their faces were so close their lips were almost brushing.

Eanon lifted one hand and used it to tuck back a long strand of her brown hair behind her ear. He did not smile, but there was genuine warmth in the way the skin under his eyes crinkled.

Beth suddenly felt light-headed. As her knees gave way Eanon took her weight and then swept her up into his arms.

"Come," was all he said before carrying her into the house.

He set her down on the bed and firmly said, "Sit here while I tidy up out there. I'll come back and help you clean up afterward."

Bethel could do nothing then but stare at the wall and think. Think about all she had been through these last two weeks, what her future held, and what she wanted out of life. For as long as she could remember things had been planned ahead for her. She was raised by her mother to one day make a man a fine wife. After her mother died Bethel had been turned into a servant to look after her father, in return for food and the roof over her head. When Eanon had left she had had to suddenly become a farmer because she had nothing else to do and nowhere else to go.

While she thought she tried to ignore the sounds of Eanon burying the dead men outside. One of whom she had killed herself. She looked down at her hand and saw where the blood had dried between her skin and her fingernails. She wondered idly if it would be difficult to get out.

Bethel had calmed down, her shaking gone and her mind clear, when Eanon stepped into the house again. He had pulled his shirt off while he worked in the heat and his skin glistened with sweat where it wasn't covered in dirt.

He stood in the doorway to her room and looked her over through narrowed eyes, before wiping a hand through his thick hair.

Bethel raised her head proudly this time and did not look away. She was still naked, her dress and shift hanging off her as dirty rags.

Eanon said nothing, but he held out a hand. Bethel hesitated a moment and then rose up and took it. He pulled her out of her room.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked, feeling uncertain.

"Look at yourself," he said. She did and saw that her limbs and body were as dirty as his, and then there was the dried blood. "Come on, let's get you cleaned up. You'll feel a lot better when we do."

"Okay," came her meek reply and then, after a moment she added, "Ean?"

"Yes?"

"Promise you will never leave me again."

He squeezed her hand tight and replied, "I promise."

He grabbed a spare blanket off a chair and threw it around Beth before leading her out of the house and down the path they had trodden thousands of times before throughout their childhood together.

Their father had chosen the farm for its proximity to the creek, which came down from the mountain behind the farm. It ran clear and the waters were always cool, no matter what the time of year.

Their father had used rocks to shape a bend in the creek into a kind of pool. It was where they bathed and washed their clothes. It was also where they cooled off on hot days.

Eanon led her all the way up to the pool and then he let her go. When he turned to leave Beth seized his hand and held him tight. "Where are you going?" She demanded.

"I thought you might want some privacy," he demurred.

"What was the promise you just made me?"

"I.." he started and then shrugged shyly. He sat down on a rock, his back still turned to the pool. Beth moved around until she stood in front of him. Feeling bold, a tingle of excitement reawakening in her belly, Beth stood before him and dropped the blanket. Her torn clothing joined the pile a moment later.

"Beth," Ean started, but she reached down and took his hand off his knee. She pulled him to his feet and he stood awkwardly, trying to look anywhere but at his naked sister. Beth began to pull at the belt he had cinched tight around his narrow waist.