D.I.A.N.N.E. Ch. 08

Story Info
Protocol Two.
11k words
4.79
6.1k
12

Part 8 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/08/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Antidarius
Antidarius
1,060 Followers

*This is a work of fanfiction. The author, Antidarius, does not claim ownership of any characters or titles mentioned that are the existing property of other entities.*

---------------------------------

D.I.A.N.N.E.

Chapter 8: Protocol Two

P: 42 M: 45 S: 32

---------------------------------

--Day Eleven: Monday, 31st May, 1999--

I couldn't tell you much about the rest of Saturday and all of Sunday; I was lost in Debbie. Figuratively and literally. We had a ton of sex, talked, laughed, ate and drank together, all while never leaving the apartment. The more time I spent with her, the more I liked her. She was bubbly and fun most of the time, and generally just a happy person, but underneath was a very clever mind, something I quickly picked up on.

Debbie was studying, tackling a business degree while working part-time at Papa Joe's. Her family -- mother, father and brother -- lived in another state, though she stayed in regular contact with them all. She dreamed of owning her own business one day, something she could start herself and grow from the ground up. Her eyes gleamed when she talked about it, and I found her enthusiasm infectious. I'd never had much in the way of aspirations, and hearing Debbie was getting me thinking about what I planned to do with my own life.

Keep working for The Company, for now, I told myself at one point. Maybe save up and see where you're at in a while. Maybe I'll buy a business, too. If they ever let me leave...

All too soon, it was Monday morning, and I was kissing Debbie goodbye at the front door, for she had to get to classes. "When will I see you again?" I asked when our lips parted.

"Tomorrow, hopefully," she told me in a smoky voice as her fingers brushed the semi-hardness in my shorts.

"Jesus." I chuckled, glancing down at where she was touching me. "Haven't you had enough yet? I'm surprised you can walk at all." Not that I wanted her to have had enough; I'd want Debbie even if I was seconds from death, but we'd had so much sex in the last twenty-four hours it was a miracle we were both standing.

Her sandy-blonde hair swung as she shook her head. "I can never get enough of little Jake."

"Little, huh?" I retorted before pulling her in for another deep kiss. My hands found her full bottom and squeezed hard through her skirt. Unsatisfied, I pulled the material up and palmed the smooth cheeks directly.

"Well," she began with a giggle when the kiss ended. "I am a little sore, I suppose, but it's a good sore, and every time I think of it, it will remind me of you, so that's a good thing." Her mocha eyes were deep as she looked up at me.

"I'll be thinking of you, too," I said earnestly, wanting her to know how I felt about her.

"I know," she replied, kissing me again briefly before pulling away. "I really need to go, babe, but I'll call, okay?"

I nodded and let her go, watching her bounce down the hall in that way of walking she had, like there were little springs beneath her heels. It made her hair sway behind her like a cute pendulum, and her butt jiggle in a way that tightened my throat. She blew me one last kiss before getting into the lift, and then she was gone.

Sighing, both happily for the time together and sadly because it was over for now, I went back inside and fell more than sat on the plush leather cushions of the sofa. The shit-eating grin that crept across my face was inexorable as I leaned back and stared at the ceiling, my fingers laced on top of my head. I had a girlfriend! And she was amazing! That alone was a huge achievement for me, but when you added it to the paid apartment, the cleaner, the limo service and the weekly stipend of five hundred bucks, it was more than I could believe. I felt my confidence swelling, buoyed by my recent experiences. Only eleven days since Dianne first appeared, and what a ride it had been thus far.

"Lucky bastard," I murmured at the ceiling. The thought led me to a question: What should I do with my day? My eyes fell on Dianne, sitting there patiently in her cabinet beneath the TV. I would put some time in with her later, but for now I had another idea. Fishing my phone from my pocket, I made two calls. The first was to the bank to check my balance, which was a little over three hundred. The second was to Gloria, whom I asked to come and pick me up; it was time for a little trip to the mall.

"Hello, Gloria," I said cheerfully as I exited the lobby a few minutes later. My attractive driver was standing by the open passenger door in her usual attire: tight grey pantsuit, chauffer's cap, aviator glasses and white driving gloves. Also as usual, some robust, olive-skinned cleavage was visible at the top of her jacket, making it appear as if she wore nothing beneath it. The thought had entered my brain many times before now.

"Good morning, Mr. London," she replied smoothly in her polished English accent as she stepped aside to let me enter the car. "Where would you like to go?"

"Westside Mall, please." I settled in as she closed the door and rounded the car.

"Some shopping in mind today, sir?" she enquired politely as she got behind the wheel.

"I think so," I replied brightly. Feeling a little bold, I added, "Would you care to join me?"

I couldn't quite see her face properly in the rear vision mirror, but I thought her lips curved a little. "Your offer is most generous, Mr. London, but sadly I must decline." She was so polite I almost didn't feel the sting of rejection. Not that I wanted to start anything up with Gloria now that I was with Debbie.

But Debbie likes girls, too... a small voice in my head said. It wasn't Cloud or Indy this time, just me wanting my cake and eating it too. Would Debbie like Gloria? My brain began toying with the idea, and I grew a little excited as my overactive imagination spun out scenarios of the two of them in bed with me.

I reined myself in, however, not wanting to get too carried away. For all I knew, I had no shot with Gloria to start with, though I was sure those small almost-smiles meant something. You're getting a big head, mate, I warned myself. Not every woman you meet wants you. This isn't virtual reality.

Twenty minutes later I strolled through the sliding glass doors of the Westside Mall, a wide, long corridor lined with shops. There was a second level above with more shops and a food court. Thinking of food made me feel hungry -- not a real surprise anymore, and I'd been especially ravenous since using the ILP the other day -- so I hit the escalator just inside the doors and made my way to the food court. I didn't pay much attention to my surroundings except to notice the sheer number of attractive women around, but then there were always hot women at malls.

Mostly, my thoughts were on Debbie. I still felt like I was walking on air since we'd gotten together. I couldn't wait to see her again. Her smile was pretty, her face stunning, her body... Reaching the food court, I absently approached a burger joint and ordered something that would sate my appetite for the next couple of hours. It wasn't until I received my tray that I realised I'd ordered three burgers, a large fries and a thick shake. I blinked as I looked down at the tray, and the kid behind the counter asked me if everything was okay. Shrugging, I assured him I'd find room for it all and took the tray away to a nearby table. I sat and ate alone, still thinking about Debbie.

Careful, kid, Indy chimed in at one point. Don't lose your head.

I frowned. What do you mean?

She's a good girl, but you start acting like a lovesick puppy, she's not gonna like it. They never do.

Lovesick puppy? I retorted. She's my girlfriend! I'm allowed to want to see her, to be around her. Isn't that kind of the point?

Well, yes, he replied. But try and remember who you are, too, kid.

He seemed to think that explained everything, but I had no idea what the hell he was on about. Shaking my head, I went on with my meal, making an appreciative noise as I bit into a fried chicken burger. This place was good! I'd come here once before, about a year ago, and I made a mental note to come back as often as I could.

Done eating, I headed back down the nearest escalator and made a beeline for DP Games. I wanted to expand my collection and explore some new options for Dianne. Still slurping on my thick shake, I entered the store and immediately noticed Melinda behind the counter. She hadn't noticed me yet; she was bent forward, scribbling something on some paper. There was nobody else in the shop.

I browsed the shelves for a bit, looking for something interesting. A game on the PlayStation stand caught my eye: Tenchu: Stealth Assassins. I'd been wanting to give this a try for a while, and now that I had Dianne... What would it be like to have the skills of a ninja? Picking up the case, I continued my perusal until Melinda noticed me.

"Jake, is that you?" She peered at me through her rectangular glasses as if unsure.

Turning from the shelf I'd been browsing, I smiled. "Have you forgotten what I look like already?"

"No!" she said hurriedly. "Not at all, it's just that... Well, you look different."

Playing dumb, I looked down at myself. "What do you mean?"

Her pale cheeks reddened a little. "Nothing. Never mind. It's probably just the light in here or something." She went to her computer and began typing something on the keyboard. "How are you?" she asked casually, as if she didn't care either way.

"I'm alright, I suppose," I replied carefully, remembering the last conversation she and I had had. Melinda had started out her usual bitchy self, but when I challenged her, she'd folded and apologised. "Things are going pretty well for me, really. How about you?" I approached the counter and put the game down, letting her know I wanted to buy it.

"That's good," she said, ignoring my question and not taking her eyes off the screen. She was being almost cool, now, maybe to cover her awkwardness a moment ago. "Just the one game today?"

"Uh, yeah," I replied. "Didn't really see much else I liked." Why did her mouth suddenly tighten when I said that? Had I angered her?

Snatching up the game, she turned to the series of drawers behind her and bent to search one for the disc. My eyes immediately went to her butt, clad in tight black pants. It was a nice one, full and round. She found what she was looking for quickly enough, and I averted my eyes before she could see where I'd been looking. Oddly, her expression was now almost as hard as it used to be. Looks like the bitch is back, I thought sourly as she slapped the game down on the counter and started punching numbers into the computer.

You didn't call her, stupid, Cloud piped up suddenly. You said you were going to, but you didn't. That was a week ago.

Shit, you're right! I replied.

That's like a month in woman time, Indy added sagely.

But I'm with Debbie now! I wailed. What do I tell her? Banishing them both, I tried to make things right. "I haven't called you," I said to Melinda, stating the obvious. "But I did mean to. Really." No response, just more irritated typing. I decided to tell the truth. "I'm not sure how to say this, but I kind of have a girlfriend now."

The typing paused, and her eyes found mine. "That will be seventy-nine dollars."

I stared back blankly for a moment. That was it? She gives me her number, I don't call, and then tell her I have a girlfriend, and all she says is that? Aloud, I mumbled something acquiescent and pulled out my wallet. "Here," I said as I offered her my bankcard. She took it without a word and swiped it. I chanced a question. "Are you okay?"

She took a deep breath as if summoning patience, then exhaled loudly. "I wasn't trying to pick you up, Jake," she explained as if I was stupid. "I just thought it might be nice to try and make a friend. I don't have many, and..." She trailed off, unwilling to follow that line of thought. "Just take your game and go."

I nodded in understanding, suddenly seeing her point. "Okay. Thank you." I picked up the game, but before I turned away, I said, "I know better than most people what it's like to be lonely, and I'm sorry I misread your intentions."

Her face softened a little. "It's alright. No harm done, I guess."

I fiddled with the game in my hands, not sure how to do this next bit. "I was thinking that, you know, seeing as you just wanna be friends, maybe we should get a coffee sometime." That should work okay. Debbie won't care if I just meet a friend for coffee.

Melinda looked uncertain. "Are you sure? I don't want to give your girlfriend the wrong idea."

I waved the suggestion away. "Nah, she's cool. She'll understand. I'll call soon to set up a time, okay?" In my mind, Indy chuckled darkly. I wanted to ask why, but I was focused on Melinda.

She visibly brightened. She was really quite pretty when she smiled. "Okay. But don't keep me waiting too long. Friends or not, no girl likes to be kept waiting." She held out a playfully admonishing finger.

I grinned and offered my assurances before saying goodbye. I breathed a sigh of relief as I headed for the mall's exit. That had worked out much better than I thought it would.

That's what you think, kid. Indy said suddenly.

What now? I snapped. Every time I think something is going well, you tell me it isn't!

I didn't say that, kid, he replied patiently. But you need to tread carefully, here. Women are far more difficult to navigate than any catacomb, ruin or tomb I've ever explored. And scarier, too.

Yeah, whatever, I grumbled.

Alright, play it how you see it, kid, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Outside the mall, Gloria was waiting beside the limo in a parking bay near the entrance. A few heads turned to watch as she opened the door for me. No doubt they were wondering who I was to be so young and riding around in a limo. I thanked Gloria and settled in for the ride home, wondering what Indy had meant by 'tread carefully.' My thoughts were interrupted by my phone beeping. A text from Debbie awaited me when I opened it.

Missing you already. Xx.

Smiling, I sent back my reply. I know the feeling. Shame you can't visit tonight.

A moment later: I know! Don't worry, tomorrow night will be worth the wait. Xx. The message was chased by a picture of her in a toilet stall in skimpy black underwear. She must have taken that at uni! I bit my lip as hot desire flashed in me.

You look good enough to eat, I sent back.

I'll hold you to that! See you tomorrow, big boy. Xx.

I didn't care what Indy said; this girl was into me and that was that. I was into her, too. In a big way. I looked at the photo a few more times, drinking in the sight of her short but lush frame, at least until I started getting hard. I made myself stop at that point; I didn't want to try hiding an erection from Gloria. Would she even care? She had to know what Debbie, Jessica and I had done the other night, here in the back of the car. But then, with the privacy screen up, perhaps she hadn't seen anything.

Gloria dropped me off home at around midday, by which time I was ready for some cold beer and Dianne. Back up in my apartment, I quickly disrobed before fetching a towel and a drink. I found I quite liked getting around my house naked. What was the point of wearing clothes when it was just me here? Before I settled in, I thought carefully about how I wanted to play out my afternoon. I had a new game to try in Tenchu, but I also had unfinished business in Tekken Three.

What was it Dianne had said about completing titles? Something about getting better synchronisation rates or something. Pursing my lips, I chose to try Tekken again. Perhaps I'd learned enough in the last few days to hold my own. A minute later I was reclining back on the couch and fitting the headpiece on, ready for victory, or another thrashing...

"Welcome back, Jake," Dianne said as I appeared in the MAP. "How may I be of service?" As she spoke, the wide display against one wall came alive, monochrome lettering on a black background reading my stats. Physical, Mental and Social were now increased, at forty-four, forty-eight and thirty-five respectively. My social stat was lagging a little, while my mental stat was on the rise. Even though I had made improvements, my readings were still nothing to write home about. By my reckonings, I was approaching what you might call 'average.'

"Let's give Tekken another shot," I told Dianne. I felt a flutter of uncertainty about how this was going to go, but I was confident in my new abilities. Worst case scenario: I take another beating, but I was getting good at that anyway.

"Very well, Jake," Dianne replied smoothly. A moment later, everything went dark. After a few seconds, I was once again standing in an endless black void. The only discernible matter other than myself was the ring of circular podiums around me, standing starkly against the blackness. The fighters of Tekken 3 occupied those podiums, eyeing me with hard stares as they had before. Again, they were all naked except for the men, who wore black lycra shorts to spare me the discomfort of looking at their junk; Dianne had obviously remembered my earlier request about that.

The women, however, were bare for my greedy eyes, though they hardly appeared happy about it. I strolled around the ring slowly, taking my time. I stopped at Nina, the leggy blonde standing proudly with her arms folded beneath generous breasts, one hip slightly cocked. Had she not been a deadly assassin, she would have made a perfect fashion model.

"I'll kick those eyes out of your head," she sneered in a thick Irish accent, "If you do not avert them."

Having no doubt in my mind she could do just that, I swallowed and moved on, stopping in front of Ling Xiaoyu, a diminutive woman, but the Chinese warrior was no less beautiful for it. She was sitting cross-legged, hands on knees and eyes closed. She opened her eyes to regard me as I stopped, apparently unconcerned with the view her seated position was offering me of her most intimate parts. She unleashed a string of Chinese, none of which I understood, but if her tonality was anything to go by, she was issuing a challenge.

"Make up your mind, boy!" A man's rough voice said from behind me. Spinning, I saw Paul Phoenix glaring daggers as he smacked his fist into his palm.

"You are wasting our time!" This from Heihachi Mishima, the buffest old man I'd ever seen. He stood imperiously; feet planted wide, and arms folded across a brawny chest. One by one, the others all began expressing their discontent. Forest Law, Hwoarang, Yoshimitsu, Brian Fury, Anna Williams, Julia Chang and the rest, all throwing challenges. Some polite, some downright rude, but all intended to get me in the ring.

I guess that's the point, I observed as I spun in a bewildered circle, feeling a little overwhelmed. Taking a deep breath, I opened my mouth. "ALRIGHT!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. The haranguing ceased at once. I flung a finger at Julia. "You and I have a score to settle." The pretty native-American nodded eagerly. "But this time I fight as myself." I heard no objection from Dianne about that.

"Your funeral," she muttered as the other characters faded away, leaving us alone in the blackness until the void was filled with light and colour in the form of a verdant Japanese forest. Julia glanced around at the clearing we stood in. "This will do," she said in satisfied tones. "The grass is soft here, so it won't hurt so bad whenever you hit it."

Antidarius
Antidarius
1,060 Followers