All Comments on 'Daddy's Girl'

by Perverta

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
PervertaPervertaabout 7 years agoAuthor

I keep comments open for constructive criticism, because it is beneficial to the improvement of my writing. If you want to down-vote my stories because they aren't what you would choose to read (even though you are choosing to read them), I can't stop you. But whinging in the comments that my stories don't suit you or make you uncomfortable is NOT constructive criticism, it is just annoying. It doesn't help me become a better writer (because I will suicide before I submit to "safe writing"). It won't change anything. If you are a faint-hearted person, stop reading. Don't read it. If Literotica has a block feature, block me.

gentleone58gentleone58almost 7 years ago
Need More Info On Roger

I am not sure you will like this comment. She did submit to her husband in a way I guess but is this in the right category. Yes, there was some disturbing bits to your story but as you said one doesn't have to read them. I like to read and think I am fairly intelligent, but why did William assume the letter was to his wife and go so ballistic when he was told it was his daughter. I know he was too protective of his daughter, to the point of her almost being a prisoner in her home, but to kill seems a bit much. Did he know it was too much and that is why he drove into the river or water? Why would Lucia go to school and drop out so fast? I do know that Roger was probably much like her Daddy but she was bright so why would she not at least finish school instead of dropping out. I guess I feel the need to know a bit more about Roger to understand this school decision and also if money played a factor in it.

BobossweetnessfreakBobossweetnessfreakalmost 7 years ago
Where are the details?

This story was missing some crucial details. It left me confused.

PervertaPervertaalmost 7 years agoAuthor
To gentleone58

Hey, gentleone58, I appreciate the feedback as criticism.

When I write shorts, they're typically vignettes and they focus on very specific actions and never backstory- and certainly no bias of my explanation into a character's motives. I consider my stuff to be like a colouring book: I provide an outline and I let readers choose the details. I typically do not even give my characters specific ages, body sizes, nor races because reader imagination is so vital to me.

The story starts with a young woman sharing an innocent exchange with neighbourhood children and her father anxiously forcing her into the house. The story was dark enough that I didn't feel it necessary to provide an actual outline of abuse, but if you read it, the tone is there and I don't understand how you didn't pick up on it- but as the writer, I accept responsibility.

It is, however, a story, not a book nor a novella. If I took the time to explicitly state answers to every question you asked, what kind of story would I have? How would you suggest I add in those details without cramming the story full of unnecessary parentheticals?

I'm sorry that people get so upset about this stuff, but I think the reason is a lot of people don't want to explore where kinks come from or admit that a large motivation for people entering a CONSENSUAL BDSM relationship might be because they did experience abuse in their formative years and it is something they associate with love.

But what do I know.

PervertaPervertaalmost 7 years agoAuthor
To Bobossweetnessfreak

What do you feel is missing, Bobossweetnessfreak? If you wrote this story, which details would you focus on?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous