Daddy's Girl Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Sheathing his length in her one last time Danny erupted, spurting a copious amount of his precious seed into her womb.

Collapsing onto her they clung to each other, breathing heavily, both of them lost in their feelings for a moment until he rolled off onto his back next to her. Turning onto her side Lucy laid her head on his chest, running her fingers across his abs.

"Danny, when we get home." She knew she had to tell him, to take a chance that he wouldn't reject her.

"I know you don't want anything more Luce. I understand this is.... well, you never led me on and, like I said, I have to think about Jessica."

She felt her eyes getting wet as he spoke and she went silent, content to just be there with him, lightly caressing his skin as she drifted off to sleep.

Laying there with his arm around her Danny wrestled with his own dilemma; he knew she was trying to tell him that this was just a holiday fling, a bit of fun, and when they got home, she would go back to her own life.

His difficulty was that he knew he couldn't bear her to say that. His heart was breaking and for her to confirm it would just shatter it completely. He had never felt like this about anyone, ever, not even Stephanie.

He was still reflecting on his misery when he finally drifted off to sleep.

Chapter 12 -- Going home

The pair were still wrapped in each other's arms when Jessica slid into bed next to Lucy the following morning and snuggled up against her.

"Good morning sweetheart." She rolled over and cuddled the child into her wondering how she was going to cope without seeing her again.

"Will you still have sleepovers with daddy when we go home." The three-year-old giggled enjoying being wrapped up in Lucy's arms.

"Oh, I err.... I... I don't know poppet."

"I hope you do. I like seeing you in the mornings."

She didn't respond and, feeling her eyes start to moisten, just kissed Jess on the top of her head,

"Morning." A sleepy-eyed Danny propped himself on his elbow a moment later and grinned at the pair of them saving Lucy from having to think of an answer.

"Daddy, can Lucy come and have a sleepover when we go home?"

"Well, I don't know munchkin, she has her own life to get on with." He looked at the brunette as he spoke.

"Please Lucy... please." Jess continued.

"I'll see when we're home. How's that?" Lucy felt her heart ripping in two knowing that she probably would never see Jessica again after today.

"Ok." The little girl replied somewhat sullenly.

"We need to get showered and dressed if we're going to make breakfast." Changing the subject Danny pushed himself up and out of bed, "Are you joining us Luce?"

"Sure." She accepted his invitation getting up and reaching for her clothes, "Just give me ten minutes or so."

Dashing back to her room she quickly took a shower before brushing her hair and putting it into a pony tail.

Checking her watch, she saw it was closer to a quarter of an hour when, casually dressed in a pair of denim shorts and a simple t-shirt she eventually joined Danny and his daughter as they made their way into the hotel's breakfast room.

Once again, she could feel the curious stares of the other holiday makers on them when they entered, but this time she simply ignored them. She had other things on her mind.

Lucy was at the buffet with Jessica when a voice behind her made her turn around.

"You three make the most adorable family."

Marjorie, the older woman she had had dinner with on her first evening, was standing by the tea urn and smiling at her.

"Oh no err... we aren't...."

"Lucy's going to be my mummy soon." Jess piped up interrupting her reply.

Marjorie's eyes widened at her comment, "Really?"

"Oh no.... no, she's just...."

"It's quite alright dear. I understand." The older woman patted her arm and scurried away grinning from ear to ear.

Sighing she turned back to the little girl, "Come on Jess let's get something to eat."

Eating in silence the two adults were completely wrapped up in their thoughts and Danny didn't even comment when Jessica went back for a second muffin.

Finally with breakfast over, Lucy went back to her room to do her packing, leaving Danny to do his, before the transfer bus that would take them to the airport arrived.

Being alone, as she randomly shoved her things in her case, she had time to contemplate going home. It was almost inconceivable to her that she would have fallen in love in a week but she had and now she was about to lose him.

She had her new job to start once the summer holidays were over and she tried to summon up some enthusiasm for that but without any success. A few weeks ago, it had been something for her to look forward to but now, without Danny Wells in her life, it was just another thing she had to do.

Sniffing back the tears that threatened to start flowing she put on a little make-up, trying to make herself feel better, before stuffing the last few items into her suitcase and closing it.

Her packing done she checked her watch noting there was an hour or so to go and, taking a last look around her holiday home, she dragged her bags outside and walked across to Danny and Jessica's room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in his room Danny immediately began to rush around piling clothes into the two suitcases while Jess did her best to help. He hadn't even started to pack and he had a lot to do in a short space of time.

"Why do we have to go home daddy?"

"Because our holiday is over and someone else will be staying in our room."

"But can't we stay somewhere else."

He couldn't help but smile at his daughter's innocent view of things.

"Don't you miss Grandma?"

Jessica gave it a moment's thought, "Yes but I like it here to."

He stopped what he was doing and sat his daughter on his knee.

"I like it here to honey, but it was just a holiday, for us to have some time together and have some fun. Then afterwards we have to go home."

"Is Lucy going home on the airplane to?"

"Yes, yes she is munchkin."

"Will we see her when we get home?" It was the question he knew was coming and the one he dreaded having to answer.

"I don't know sweetheart. Lucy has a job and her life to go back to." he could feel his heart breaking as he spoke, "I'm not sure she wants to be saddled with the pair of us."

"Doesn't she like me any more?"

He could see the confusion in his daughter's eyes.

"Of course she does sweetheart, but she has a job and friends that she needs to see."

"But aren't I her friend?"

"Yes of course you are but don't you want to get back and see Grandma again." He repeated trying to switch the focus of her thoughts.

"Yes." Jess brightened up a little.

He was just putting the last items in their cases while she sat on the bed watching.

"Daddy?" Danny knew there was a question coming he wasn't going to like.

"What is it sweetheart."

"When will I get a new mummy?"

Danny choked and turned away, struggling to not let the tears start to fall.

"I... I don't know munchkin. I really don't know."

Even as he answered her, he reflected on whether he would ever meet someone else as perfect as Lucy. Jessica adored her and he really thought that the feeling might be mutual between them but she had been adamant she wasn't looking for a relationship.

Shoving the last few personal items into their carry-on bags he put the thought from his mind. He had been a bit of fun for her and that was all it was, he had to accept that.

She was going back to her life and he had to go back to his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His heart was already shattered into a hundred pieces when she stuck her head around the door.

"All ready to go?" Lucy tried to sound as cheerful as possible despite the fact she felt her life was ending.

"Just about." He responded as chirpily as he could manage.

"Lucy, we is going on a airplane."

She smiled and scooped the willing three-year-old into her arms.

"Coffee?"

"That would be great. Just let me shut up the bags."

"I'll take Jess over to the bar then. See you in a minute."

Things were clearly strained as the two sat quietly drinking coffee and waiting for their holiday to end. Both had things they wanted to say but neither thought the other would be receptive.

"Have you decided what you're going to do?" Lucy finally broke the gloomy silence that had descended on them.

"I'll probably go back in. There's not much else for me really." His reply lacked any enthusiasm, "Mum can take care of Jess."

She felt her stomach tighten at the thought of him in danger and her not even knowing where he was and she made a decision. She was going to tell him. If he rejected her out of hand then at least she would know.

"Danny I....."

"Please don't say it Luce. I... we... we've had a great time and I...."

He knew he had to tell her and tried to get the words out.

'BEEP.... BEEP... BEEP!'

Interrupting them the coach pulled up, tooting its horn as the holiday rep climbed out ready to check them, and their fellow travellers, on board.

They looked at each other miserably, the holiday was over and they were going home.

Sitting together with her on the bus Danny had Jessica on his lap as he thought about Lucy and returning to normality. It could have been perfect if they were going to be together but that wasn't what she wanted. He had been her holiday fling and now it was over.

Alongside him she tried desperately not to cry as they travelled to the airport. If anyone had told her a few weeks ago she would be in this situation with someone she had only just met she would have laughed.

'Let your hair down while your away.' Annabelle had told her and she had gone and fallen in love.

All too soon the coach drew up outside the terminal building and they were disembarking to join the queue to check-in.

An old hand at this now Jess held Lucy's hand and, much to her amusement, took it upon herself to tell her about everything that was going on.

"We have to send our bags on a thing that takes them away and then we go through the machine that tickles teddy." The three-year-old declared knowledgably, "Afterwards we can get on our airplane."

"Really! That sounds very complicated." Lucy laughed, "I'm glad you're here to help me."

"Oh, she's quite the expert now." Struggling with all the bags Danny followed behind them.

They stayed together as they checked-in their luggage and made their way through security and into the departure lounge, both of them quietly aware of the fact the holiday and their time together was rapidly coming to an end.

There wasn't long to wait, barely enough time to get another coffee, and within half-an-hour their flight was called and they made their way to the departure gate.

He got an angry glare from Chloe, standing with her friends, as he entered but it barely registered with him as he waited with Lucy and Jessica. His daughter chattering away excitedly while the two grown-ups struggled to raise a smile.

Unfortunately, they were booked several rows apart and getting onto the plane Lucy gave Danny a forlorn smile as she slid into her seat more than half-a-dozen rows back from him. Any opportunity to finish what they both needed to say gone.

It was a miserable flight for her, sitting alone with nothing to do but reflect on the situation she found herself in and the man she found herself in love with.

A few rows forwards Danny felt exactly the same, trying to put on a smile for his daughter he still thought about the girl sitting behind him. The girl he was completely and utterly in love with.

'PING!'

Before either of them knew it the seatbelt sign came on and the cabin manager announced they had to fasten their seatbelts.

They were home.