Dana Regains the Good Life

Story Info
Awaiting divorce, a young woman wants it all!
7.3k words
4.24
6.5k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1

Almost two years after her wedding, Dana Bridges (26) decided to end her marriage despite the pleas of her husband and both lots of parents and began the required period of separation before activating routine divorce proceedings.

She sought a return to the good life that she knew before her husband Danny began to involve them both in increasing activities that she could only described as sexual depravity that she previously had known little or nothing about.

Dana's parents had moved from the large family home into a two-bedroom when she left home to flat with two female friends after they graduated from university together, and her mother warned her younger child that if she went ahead to break up the marriage, not to bother to think about moving back to live with her parents.

Already beginning to feel a little freer of Danny, whom she's become to detest and fear, Dana engaged a lawyer to handle her divorce and to get everything of hers registered under her married name back to her birth name of Dana Harrison.

Possessing a master's degree in finance and business administration, helped in her readjustment. After only three employment interviews, she secured a well-paying position as business manager of a branch office of a large building supplies company that nationwide had more than 750 people on its payroll in 28 towns and cities.

Being assigned a company pick-up as part of her employment benefits, Dana had secured a rented apartment before commencing work with the company and in her third week of living in that new location, began dating a guy who was recovering from the upset of a failed marriage. They began having sex but decided not to move in together, at least for the time being.

Dana appeared happy but with the healing process continuing, she knew she'd have to change more things, and have some things happen such as finalization of her divorce including gaining agreement to obtain a Court-approved division of marital assets settlement before mental scars from wretchedness in her married life fell away and nasty memories faded.

Well, many other people were having to cope with a similar position as she was in and, of course, some people were in dire straits for various reasons. She was blessed at being well-equipped with the confidence and mental strength to push her life forward again.

"What I really need is something that acts as the trigger to send me back into a good life," she told herself.

The big thing she needed came months later, in fact eight months after she commencing her current manager's job shortly after moving to ease herself out of her childless marriage.

The 'big thing' although it wasn't recognised as that at the time, was a short letter from her unmarried aunt in Sydney, Australia, who for almost the past twenty years had lived estranged from her sister, Dana's mother.

The enduring split emerged out of their bitter dispute over bequests, hugely uneven in monetary value, from their deceased maternal grandmother who'd outlived her wealthy husband and only child, the sisters' deceased mother.

The very welcomed letter read:

Dearest Dana

I was saddened to learn from my best friend's niece Gwen, who was at university with you, that your marriage has failed and that your parents have considered that they were unable to take you back into their fold, making it a double upset for you. But I remember how determined and resourceful you were as a child and I'm confident that you won't be crippled by misery.

As you know, I never married, and never sought live-in company, but my independent liveliness took a big hit recently when I felt unwell and took a series of tests, the result being I have a form of cancer that within a year or two, or perhaps sooner, will end my life.

I've accepted my fate and am determined to retain my independence for as long as possible, when I will have to hire a live-in nurse and a reliever to care for me in my home.

Right, that's the bad stuff out of the way.

Dana, come and live with me in my beautiful home to have a decent roof over your head and so that I can enjoy your brightly energetic behaviour and your loveliness that you must have inherited from your father unless, of course, your mother managed to shake off her rigid pettiness and jealousy that made it impossible for her over all these years to accept my occasional overture to consider reforming the bond of loving sisterhood that she and I once shared ever so deeply.

Perhaps a tiny chance of reconciliation between we sisters could ignite when she learns that you have successfully restored your life to the full in my company and with my support, if you accept this offer of mine. I suggest at this stage you don't indicate to your mother that I have a serious health condition.

I await your decision darling. I shall assist you to find employment worthy of your talents and my friends will assist to stream an array of young men visitors around your age to our home to meet the young woman that I will silently pretend is my goddaughter.

My Deepest Love

Erica

Dana was excited to receive the letter and felt almost overwhelmed by the residency suggestion. But she was saddened to learn her aunt had been hit by an inoperable life-threatening medical condition.

From her early teens, she'd written two or three times a year to Aunt Erica with a request not to reply as it could upset her mother. Once emailing by computer was established as part of her life, she sent frequent illustrated messages to her aunt and received messages with attached photographs in return.

Dana now decided it was time to resume that electronic link and sent an email to Aunt Erica saying she would come and live with her for a time.

She advised that she needed to tie up things in her present location, including briefing her lawyer as she wanted to remain in direct contact and assure her that she'd come to her if necessary if Danny attempted to mess up procedures or insisted that she appear in person for the settlement talks rather than participate by video link.

* * *

Erica Holmes sent her chauffeur to pick up her niece Dana Harrison in her classic black 1986 4.2 litre XJ6 black Jaguar and they drove to the impressive 1930s mansion on the eastern seaside suburb of Darling Point, only 4 km from Sydney's central business district.

Aunt Erica excitedly met Dana at the imposing entrance of the three-level home and while Tim the chauffeur and the young housekeeper carried the new arrival's luggage to her 2nd floor bedroom with magnificent views of sections of Sydney's huge harbour. More possessions would arrive by express shipping.

Dana would learn that she now had the main bedroom as her aunt, after learning that she was in the grip of cancer, had relocated downstairs into the guest suite to make it easier for herself as her health began to really fail.

Erica hugged Dana again and said, "Now young lady, call me Erica, and let there be no protest about that."

"No, it's fine by me. This home is huge."

"Yes, but the entire top floor has been used only for storage since not long after I inherited the property from my grandmother all those years ago."

Oh yes, Dana thought. Erica received the impressive 'old world' mansion and the limo while her sister, Erica's mother, was bequeathed from her grandmother an investment portfolio with many of the holdings becoming worthless or near-worthless in failing mining ventures in several countries and a big investment was in a small independent shipping company that continued to barely survive to this day. However, a bunch of other investments continued to provide appreciated income.

After two days in residence, Dana wondered where was this stream of gentleman callers that Erica had earlier said that she would arrange. There had been no callers at all.

That changed next day, although Dana didn't at first appreciate the subtlety involved.

A Thelma Thomas called and was introduced to Dana as one of Erica's dearest friends.

That evening, Dana was called to the house phone to talk to Mrs Thomas' daughter Connie.

"Mum told me you have just arrived in Sydney and knew no one in Sydney apart from your aunt. I'm having a bit of a do with some of my friends involving a swim and late lunch on Sunday that could go on for hours until dad tells the visitors to fuck off. I'd like you to come as my guest. I'll phone text you details. It will be very informal."

"Thanks, I really appreciate your kindness, Connie. As you appear to appreciate, I feel somewhat marooned at present."

"Yeah, I understand. Mum thought you were about my age of 27."

"I'm a year younger and I promise that I will socialise well."

Late afternoon, Dana was introduced to visitors Rebecca Conway and her daughter Emma. The two young women immediately hit it off and Emma invited Dana to dinner on Friday and to go clubbing late evening with her, her boyfriend and her brother, Gavin.

"In all probability, during the evening Gavin will rub against you if your wear a strong perfume and have plenty of cleavage showing. But if that behaviour is too extreme for you so soon, just tell him if he continues, you'll knee him in the nuts and he'll pull back a bit. I can introduce you to a range of guys if you are hanging out for it. Or a hot female or two if you are that way inclined."

"Um, Emma, I'm not a slut."

"No worries, Dana. Nor am I or my friends. We're just red-blooded and careful and simply love involvement in sex as a sport."

"Wow, great Emma you darling. I can say that my challenge is to make it to the top league."

"You beaut, Dana. I'm sure that we'll become great mates. You appear to have fire in your belly and a desire to have your tits licked which are the two gold standards that modern young women in this city live by, although most don't shout it from the roof-tops because guys get embarrassed too easily."

The clung together lightly, laughing, and Dana heard Rebecca say to Erica over their coffee cups, "Those two young women appear to have clicked already."

After the visitors left, Dana hugged her aunt.

"What was that for?"

"You'll need hugs and to thank you for the smart way you are employing to get me introduced to people around my age, as well as your close friends."

"You're quick on the uptake, darling. But then I learned from your occasional letters that you were a standout in cleverness as a child. I recall you informing me that you'd had your first period and you asked was that comparative to guys having their testicles drop."

"Omigod, I don't remember writing that."

"I do, I almost fell out of my chair racked in laughter."

"Ah, Dana. It's good timing to tell you although I never desired to marry, I've had heaps of men sexually and you'll notice I occasionally will have a gentleman caller, and in some instances, he will stay the night and join us for breakfast. I hope that you won't..."

Dana cut in, "That disclosure makes me exceedingly happy for your Erica and hopefully may it long continue."

"Darling, what an understanding and charming woman you are."

Invitations kept on dribbling in and as a result, friendships developed.

Finally, a guy Jimmy Swan asked her out on a date.

Pleased but a little cautious, Dana said, "I thought you were Debbie Cran's regular date?"

"Yes, that's technically correct but Debbie is so often away and I have a couple of other females at present that I date occasionally. It depends who's available on the specific day and time, I'm involved in so many activities besides work that my dating needs don't offer much flexibility."

"Wow, busy boy," she smiled at the 30-year-old.

"Indeed, and Debbie my fiancée at present is leading a tour of five of our clients and partners from California on a deer shooting and skiing tour through the South Island of New Zealand."

"Oh, my goodness, they must be important clients."

"They are. Debbie and I both work for a travel agency that specialises in conducting Outback Camping Tours through remote areas of Australia's vast central and northern lowly populated and scenically raw wilderness."

"Many veteran adventurers from the US and Europe in particular, describe our tours, using adopted Aussie English-speaking vernacular, like this; 'Bloody awesome adventures of a lifetime mate, doing it rough and seeing the wilds as carved out by nature over 600 million years. And yer 'av to watch out mate that a croc (crocodile) doesn't nip your bum or a wild camel tread on yer boot."

At that, it took Dana half a minute to stop giggling.

"I suppose if I accept your date offer, you'll want sex?" she said, hopefully.

"Well perhaps, yes. Oh, Rebecca Conway raved to my mother about you and mum has requested that I bring you to her."

"Why, does your mother own a brothel or a string of them?"

Jimmy blinked and the burst into laughter.

"Christ, my mum is going to love you. You have looks, personality and a quick turn of wit."

"And does your mother own brothels?"

Jimmy showed a mouthful of white enamel accompanied by a belly laugh.

"No, you clown. She's managing director of Cutter and Swan Boatbuilders, producers of many of the large marine cruisers you'll see on Sydney harbour and around the Australian coastline. C&W also exports their cruisers to overseas buyers, with many of the 70-ft plus craft going tourist operators and companies offering bareboat or skippered charter boats."

"But why would your mother take an interest in me, when you already have a fiancée and I know nothing about building boats or letting them out on charter?"

"Then let me take you to her and you'll find out."

"Very well. You are a nice guy and that suggests your mother is too and so I'd like to meet her. I guess she's a high-powered business woman. Give me details about the proposed meeting when that's decided."

* * *

Jimmy arrived wearing neat white shorts and sneakers and a light jacket but shirt as arranged at 4 pm on Sunday driving a small white Mercedes and kissed Dana lightly, watched by Erica.

Dana asked calmly why had he kissed her?

"Because already we have become friends."

"Oh, okay."

"You'll love Jimmy's mother," said Erica, waving them off in the vehicle that had all the windows wound down.

"I'm not gay," Dana said to Jimmy, and he replied nor was his mother.

"Ah, what Erica was meaning was I'd find your mother is truly adorable."

"Absolutely correct," Jimmy said. "We'll travel the short distance to the marina in Double Bay where we have one of our two VIP cruisers permanently berthed. I'm involved because she wanted me to introduce you to her."

"Why specifically you?"

"Who knows? It's just how her mind works. Probably it's because you've made such an impact with people around here in such a short time. Rebecca Conway is a highly regarded Sydney socialite as are my mum and your aunt, and so it takes a lot to impress people like them?"

"But I've done nothing to impress people and anyway, I've only been in Sydney for five minutes figuratively."

"Perhaps it's doing nothing to impress people that impresses people around here, who knows? Just keep on being yourself and you'll come to no harm."

Dana threw her arms up in frustration, and sighed.

"How cute," Jimmy grinned and she cried, "All this is complete bullshit. I'm prepared to believe that your mother is little more than an elevated housewife now working under the thumb of her husband in a boat-building firm. And she has a son who is an expert at expelling hot hair for his private enjoyment."

"Christ," Jimmy said seriously. "Don't give my mother the impression that you think she's little more than a pumped-up housewife."

"Oh, I take that is given as good advice. Actually, I'm aware that I know nothing about your mother and by the way you have suddenly reacted, I believe I may have opened my mouth and swallowed my foot. Um..."

"No, I promise not to say a word about this."

"Thanks, Jimmy. You know, I arrived here thinking I must try to make a few friends in the metropolis of Sydney where the only person I know is my grandmother, and without friends I'll become lonely. Without thinking, I would have meant girlfriends but I already find I'm getting along well with a friendly guy and so, Jimmy, welcome my friend."

"Thank you, Your Highness."

"Fuck off, you idiot."

Jimmy's burst of laughter rocked the car a little as it had come to a stop in the marina carpark.

"Which is your VIP vessel?" Dana asked after their short walk. Before he could answer a slightly over-weight woman dressed in white and wearing dark sunnies and a wide-brimmed stylish black hat with two slim females dressed in airline-style cabin crew uniforms on either side of her, called out from the top of the carpeted gangway to a huge, gleaming white boat, "Welcome, Miss Harrison. Please board Matilda. James, lead the way."

Dana waved and whispered, "So your name is not Jimmy?"

"Everyone including dad calls me Jimmy and mum does except on formal occasions."

"That's understandable, but what's formal about this meeting?"

"You sure don't know my mother," James/Jimmy sighed. "Follow me and use one of the handrails."

"Omigod, Miss Harrison..."

"It's Dana."

"Omigod, Dana, everything Jimmy raved about you is true."

Dana looked at the raver but he avoided eye contact.

By that time the two women in uniform had disappeared into the boat and while mother and visitor were politely lightly embracing and taking care not to unduly disturb makeup, Jimmy lead them into the cabin where the two women, by this time Dana had decided they must be hostesses, were offering glasses of champagne from a try and the other tray held an array of nibbles that included rollmops, pigs-in-blankets and handmade white chocolates.

Meanwhile, the two idling diesel motors roared into full life and the 38-ft cruiser slipped away from its berth to journey into the nearby open harbour.

Dana was introduced to the two aides as VIP hostesses Paula and Tess and Dana said in awe, "My arrival into this hugely impressive environment is making me feel wonderful and I guess there's more to see and savour?"

"Absolutely, and your reaction confirms to me that you indeed have a nimble mind and the ability to speak impressively," said Mrs Swan. "My friend Rebecca Conway, whom you have met, told me that you display naturally charm, and of course, speak without the Australian twang."

"Please call me Jacki, dear. I've invited you to experience the classy way we host our clients who are spending anything from a quarter of a million American dollars up to a few million dollars for our range of luxury cruisers. You will learn why I wished to do this later."

* * *

Having Dana aboard Matilda for two hours, most of it spent slowly cruising a few miles on both sides of the huge landmark bridge across the harbour, proved to be an expensive recruitment attempt by Jacki Swan to recruit Dana as her social secretary and personal business manager.

Dana listened to the pitch carefully, relieved that the job was to be dressed in a tailored uniform and to greet and entertain guests and to give them whatever individuals wanted.

"Does that mean sex?"

"That's up to you, but you being young and lively, that possibility if the situation meets with your approval will be likely, am I correct?"

"Yes, I revel in having sex but only at my absolute choice You have been very kind and hospitable for which I appreciate, but I don't fancy being employed to serve refreshments to VIPs who are very important to your company as well as being expected to get them off should they believe I'm totally at their disposal."

"Further, I'm flattered with the second part of the offer to become your social secretary and personal business manager but, alas, I plan to become engaged somewhere in big business presenting me with huge challenges with a career pathway loaded with future opportunities for me to achieve."