Dancing in the Dark Pt. 02

Story Info
Jason learns to dance, but does Georgie want more?
8.4k words
4.73
3.1k
7

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 04/23/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LBRain
LBRain
91 Followers

Dancing in the Dark -- Part 2

Sorry for the delay. My writing life on Literotica is an unpaid sideshow so other things take precedence.

Hardly any sex in this one so move along if that's what you are after.

Lbrain

Chapter 8

After Wendy's visit to my flat I spent a long time pondering as to why I had agreed to take part in what was obviously a mother's attempt to 'save' her child. The parent within me could well understand that basic instinct to do everything one could to protect one's offspring, but why was I joining in?

Because I liked Georgie's smile?

That would appear to be it.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Well, other than I quite fancied Wendy as well.

I had agreed that we should try and cram in as many lessons as we could into a 10-day period in order to get to the point where I could make contact with Georgie as soon as possible. This was as much to do with the fact that her fragile emotional state could result in a who-knows-what reaction than to the fact that an intensive session of lessons would be required to help my progress.

I rearranged my diary so that my work commitments were moved to my associates or could be managed around my lessons and Wendy did likewise with her own teaching and performance schedule. The biggest problem was trying to ensure that Georgie was kept in the dark and this made it difficult to use Wendy's rehearsal room at her house. Georgie was in the final year of her degree course at the local uni where she was studying, not surprisingly, Modern Dance. This required her to be on campus for the practical sessions but there was also a lot of time when she was at home preparing essays and researching topics. As a result Wendy called in favours from other dance teachers to beg, steal or borrow space in their own rehearsal rooms. The furtive nature of our assignations was a source of amusement and I often made reference to the fact that we were behaving as though we were having an affair.

The first session was held in a dance studio in the next town over owned by Wendy's friend, Sam. Sam was another very attractive 40-ish woman who looked just as hot in leotard and yoga pants as Wendy and she stayed around for a little while to watch. This made me slightly uncomfortable and I did suggest to Wendy that having an audience on day 1 might not be such a good idea. Wendy agreed and went over to her and I was surprised that the discussion looked a little heated before Sam reluctantly left.

The first session was all about the basics; getting used to the size of space that we would be practising in, ensuring that I had the right gear, shoes and clothes, and the basic body, hand and leg positions. Wendy was wearing yoga pants and a leotard and I surreptitiously checked out her tight body. Her breasts were quite small but as firm as the rest of her toned body and her arse was sublime. I tried my best not to perv too much but, as it transpired, she had noticed.

Despite anything my children might have said about my dancing prowess I actually did have a left and a right foot which were more than capable of keeping in sync with both the music and my partner's movements although Wendy did chide me repeatedly for not getting into the 'closed hold' tightly enough.

"What's the problem Jason? This is meant to be dancing together not doing it by remote control from the other side of the room?"

I was embarrassed as I am not the most tactile of people and also did not feel comfortable invading someone else's personal space too much, especially an attractive woman, even though our relationship had relaxed and become comfortable.

"Umm... I guess it's because you are an attractive woman who may not like having me getting too close."

She looked at me incredulously.

"Jason, what do you think I have been doing for 99% of my dancing career... touching people and having them touching me! That's what happens in Ballroom and Latin... dance partners get into hold, some tighter than others but all involve a certain amount of physical contact. If you were persistently dropping your right hand to grope my bum... as some guys have been known to do... then I might suggest that you move it back to where it should be... on my shoulder blade! Now... don't step back!"

I blushed and she grinned and moved closer to invade my personal space until her breasts were touching my chest. She was about 6 inches shorter than me and she held my gaze as she looked up at me.

"You won't be surprised to hear that you are not the first student I have taught that was reluctant to get up close and personal. Yes, it is true that I dislike the ones who get too handsy but they are actually easier to teach to get the contact level right than the ones like you who are reluctant to get close enough. If you are reluctant... embarrassed... feeling guilty or whatever about touching my body, or Georgie's when the time comes, then don't be. If, or when, we get into dances like the Argentine Tango, Salsa or Jive where lifts are permitted you might find your hands on parts of your partner's body that will make you blush even more than you are now... like inner thighs or near breasts!"

All this did was cause the very reaction she had joked about and my blush deepened especially as I realised that I was starting to get an erection. I tried to move my bum back without Wendy noticing.

No such luck!

She grinned evilly.

"No, don't move that nice erection away from me. It's good to know I can still generate that reaction from an attractive man."

I, of course, blushed even more and Wendy's smirk got wider.

"Now, I noticed you checking out my arse earlier so I want you to put both hands on my buttocks and pull me tightly against you. This is to desensitize you to contact with your partner not an invitation to dry hump me!"

I stared at her with a look of abject horror and made no move to touch her, least of all anywhere near that fantastic arse. She shook her head in mock exasperation and giggled as she grabbed one of my hands, which were both down by my side, and placed it on her hip.

"Go on... run it round to my arse. You know you want to... go on... freebie invite to grope a woman."

I shook my head and stepped away from her, almost incoherent as I tried to say something... anything... that did not make sound like a complete idiot.

"Look... Wendy... I'm struggling here. What are you telling me? That a dance partnership has to have an element of sexual tension... or even sexual intimacy for it to work... that you and I... or me and Georgie have to be... umm... fucking... for it to work... that we have to have a physical relationship outside the rehearsal room?"

She closed her eyes and shook her head in frustration before focussing her gaze on me again.

"Not at all! Why do all men think like that? Some partnerships do start like that and even continue for a good long while. However, imagine what happens if things go wrong outside the rehearsal room or the ballroom... can the partnership continue on the dance floor if the domestic life is a pile of shit?

"No, this is not about you and I having a physical relationship... although who knows if what I felt earlier on is anything to go by then you obviously wouldn't mind... no, this is about you getting over your fear... phobia... reticence... or whatever to get close enough to your dance partner that the judges will actually believe you are dancing together and not at different ends of the room. Let's try something else."

I continued to stare at her as she stepped towards me and placed her arms around my waist as, again, she moulded her body to mine with her head resting on my shoulder. She spoke softly without looking at me.

"Place your arms around me and join your hands at my lower back. Like you are hugging your wife... sorry... like you did when you managed to get the hot girl to have a slow dance with you."

Stiffly, I complied and I felt her nod her gratitude against my shoulder.

"OK, let's stay like this until I feel you relax... which I hope will be sometime this side of Christmas!"

Her sarcastic giggle made me smile and I did relax. She continued to hold me close and gently started to run her hands up my back and down to the top of my bum.

"There now, you're happy for me to do it to you, so can you copy my movements?"

I shrugged self-consciously and started to follow her lead as she continued talking.

"Look, Jason, you may have heard about the number of times that Strictly contestants have left husbands, wives or partners to go off with their dance partners but it is not essential for there to be an off-screen romance to create a successful dance pairing. Hell, some partnerships start before the duo are sexually active and go on for a long time. No, I just need you to be comfortable touching my body... and Georgie's when the time comes... so that we... you two... can be effective as a pair."

She giggled again and lifted her head and grinned up at me.

"Although if your bulge keeps getting any larger I might just throw you on the floor and ride you here and now."

Chapter 9

I couldn't help but laugh at her comment and as if by magic, I found myself moulded against her body and my hands had slipped lower onto the top of her bum. I met her gaze and she smiled back at me.

"See that wasn't so difficult, was it? Now let's carry on with the slow dance analogy and let's just shuffle as we used to back in the day."

She started to hum a tune that I thought I recognised as we started the slow rotation familiar to every person who has ever managed to get said 'hot' girl (or guy) to have a slow dance with them. I finally recognised the tune as Percy Sledge's 'When a man loves a woman' and started to join in causing Wendy to lift her head and smile happily at me before pulling me tighter and dropping her head back against my shoulder. We continued to slowly rotate about the same spot and I could feel our embrace tighten as we pulled against each other. Eventually, she lifted her head again and looked at me with laughing eyes.

"This is rather nice, almost like being back at the uni disco with the hot guy who wouldn't normally look at me but felt that he might get laid if he thought I was desperate enough."

I raised my eyes in surprise.

"I can't believe you were anything but the 'hot' girl that all the nerds were wanting to dance with at the end of the evening. Anyway, I never qualified as the 'hot' guy... I would have been a semi-nerd just hoping you noticed me but never had the courage to ask you to dance."

She shrugged philosophically.

"Well we both must have changed... got better with age... because I was never 'hot' enough to have the guys drooling at my feet."

She smiled mischievously again, before continuing.

"Anyway, I think they're going to put the house lights up in a minute and stop the music so this is your chance to kiss the hot girl before you embarrass yourself and her in front of all your mates and hers'."

She giggled and looked expectantly at me so I rolled my eyes and gave her a peck on the lips causing her to pout.

"No wonder you never got any if that is the level of your kissing. Come here..."

With that she put one hand behind my head and pulled my face down until our open mouths met in a French kiss. I initially pulled back but her hand was insistent and I relented and leaned into the kiss as her tongue came out to play. I was surprised that she had suddenly gone full-on but didn't have anything better to do than make out with a sexy woman so joined in as she started to rub against me.

Eventually we broke apart, both slightly out of breath, and she nodded and smiled naughtily at me.

"That should get rid of any reticence to get into closed hold with me shouldn't it?"

I felt tongue-tied at her forward behaviour but nodded and she looked thoughtful as though pondering whether to share something with me. Eventually she decided to go for it.

"You probably didn't realise that when I came to see you the other evening to plead my case for you to become Georgie's partner that I had only a teddy and stockings and suspenders on under my raincoat. If you had turned me down I was planning to offer you my body. It's a shame you accepted so readily!"

I must have looked as shocked as I felt because she giggled and stood on tiptoes to kiss me again but less aggressively this time before pulling back slightly and whispering in my ear.

"But there's always next time!"

She laughed again and pulled away from me and trailed a hand across my groin.

There was a discreet cough from behind us and we turned to see Sam, who had obviously come back to watch our progress, looking aghast at Wendy but I paid it no heed as I thought she was just being a prude.

Chapter 10

So began the most physically demanding 10 days of my life. Learning to dance in a short space of time is a gruelling activity and whilst I felt a lot fitter by the end of the period, the process of getting there was tough. The technical process is also demanding as there are many things that judges are looking for in competition from the posture of the body, body line and shape or hold. All of that is before they even start to look at the foot and leg action, timing and rhythm or the interpretation of the music. On top of that they also look at how you make use of the dance floor and the artistic presentation of the performance. However, I soon came to the realisation that the biggest thing is that the facial expression has at all times to show that it is effortless and fun and certainly must not give any indication that a dancer is counting steps or musical beats or thinking 'what comes next?'!

It was physically and mentally exhausting and whilst I might have harboured ideas of there being a 'next time' with Wendy it was not something that I was in a fit state to even consider it in the early days.

I had to admit to myself... I was too knackered for sex!

Not something I thought would ever happen to me.

Wendy proved to be a very good teacher and mixed the required level of encouragement, discipline and technical knowledge such that my progress was nothing short of miraculous... well so I thought but she did stop me getting ahead of myself and any sign of triumphalism was soon squashed.

One thing that did become apparent was that there was not likely to be a 'next time' as Wendy was decidedly cooler towards me as the lessons progressed. After a few sessions, when I was feeling less tired, I asked her to have a drink with me but she rebuffed me as she always 'had to be somewhere'... 'meet someone'... 'had another lesson' etc. etc. or miraculously Sam would be in the neighbourhood and appear at the end of a session. I started to get the message and was annoyed that I'd been played for a fool but tried not to let it affect my performances in the training sessions.

We had completed the final training session which had been good and Wendy was generally positive about the progress I had made and convinced that I could now move to the next step of contacting Georgie to suggest that I could be her sow's ear. As it was the final session I asked her out to dinner to celebrate but unsurprisingly, she turned me down flat again, saying that it was not a good idea for us to get too close to each other as I would need to devote my emotional energy to dancing with Georgie.

"So what about the 'next time' we talked about that first session? Were you just blowing smoke up my arse to get me to to cooperate? Getting me to think with my little brain?"

She looked guilty and shrugged.

"Yeah... sorry about that... I didn't mean for you to get the wrong impression... it was wrong of me but I needed to get you to relax about physical contact... so I was dangling a carrot. Umm... to be honest I've been off men since my bust up with Georgie's dad!"

She shrugged again as she decided whether to expand.

"I'm been living with Sam for a couple of years".

Ah! That explained a lot!

But left me with only Georgie's smile as reason for doing this.

Chapter 11

Wendy had suggested that I give it a few days after the final session before ringing Georgie and that I should be sensitive towards her lack of experience with men. I did ask what she meant by that but all Wendy would say was that Georgie's experience to date in the relationship department was rocky.

Wendy's words not mine.

When I asked why that was important given that we were going to be dance partners, not life partners, all Wendy would say was that Georgie needed to bond strongly with me to make the partnership work. Wendy also intimated that Georgie had undergone some sort of surgical procedure, as much to help with her state of mind as a physical issue. She did not elaborate other than to say Georgie would not be feeling on top physical form and thus the delay would be beneficial. I tried to work out what this 'procedure' might be but it did make me wonder what I was getting myself into if Georgie's mental state was so fragile.

I was nervous and had rehearsed what I was going to say several times with lots of upbeat stuff about what an excellent opportunity it was for both of us etc. etc. But, as the saying goes: no plan survives contact with the enemy, it all rapidly spiralled out of control. She sounded like she had a heavy cold and her voice was monotone when she answered.

"Hello"

Me, trying to be upbeat.

"Hi Georgie, it's Jason... Jason Crowe. How are you doing?"

Her, still monotone.

"I'm good, Mr. Crowe... thank you."

'Mr. Crowe? WTF?'

The 'thank you' was delayed so long and said so begrudgingly that I felt sure that Wendy must be there prompting her. I tried to inject some life and humour into the conversation which was already heading south.

"Jason, please. Mr. Crowe was my father."

A slight delay before she replied. My attempt at levity, ignored.

"OK... Jason... how are you? What can I do for you?"

Jesus! This was heavy going.

"I'm fine Georgie, just fine. I've been... umm... thinking about you quite a lot over the last few weeks and think I may have offended you... well, more than offended... pissed you off more likely. You see, after we spoke last... yes, I know I was the worse for wear... but I still insist it was your fault..."

I left a pause for her to laugh or at least say something light-hearted, but no such luck.

"Anyway... I realised a few days after we met that you couldn't ring me as I'd blocked your number from the previous time... when we had that row... and that having said 'call me if you want to talk' then if you did call me you couldn't if you know what I mean. Did you?"

"Did I what?"

She sounded annoyed but I carried on at my emollient best.

"Try to ring me."

There was another pause but this time her voice was wistful, almost sorrowful.

"Yes... I did."

"And I am truly sorry for blocking you... you must have thought I was a total dick!"

I left another pause but she didn't add anything.

"Anyway as I said I'd been thinking about you and your need to find a 'sow's ear' as a partner and wondered if you would like to meet up for a drink to talk about it."

"Why? So you can blow me off again because I'm Trans? It's everyone have a pop at Trans people at the moment so you might as well join in."

The vehemence in her voice was just as strong as that previous telephone conversation but this time I didn't let it descend into the attack-defence spiral. I remained calm because I had foreseen that this might happen.

"No, Georgie, completely the opposite. I would like to be your sow's ear because you are Trans and because together we can make a statement to the world about the bravery of Trans people in confronting the bigotry and prejudice they encounter in a cis world."

LBRain
LBRain
91 Followers