Dangerous at Night Pt. 03

Story Info
Adversity is Part of the Business.
10.4k words
4.79
1.9k
3

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 05/25/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dangerous at Night - Part 3 - Adversity is Part of the Business

Chapter 9 - Harrogate

Reggie had two fancy Range Rovers standing in his drive at noon on Friday. Sarah wasn't sure how large the weekend party was going to be, but Natalie stepped out of a cab with her bag and smiled. "Hello Sarah, will you ride with me? I suppose we must let Reggie drive us."

Shortly, eight bodies were arranged in the two vehicles. Each had a hamper from Reggie's kitchen filled with luncheon sandwiches, thermos and other attractions. Alan was in front with Reggie so that Natalie and Sarah could have their mini-seminar in the back. As they fought their way out of London centre, Natalie kept everyone laughing with insults for the driver and host.

"Reggie, this house party seems terribly imbalanced toward suspicious friends of yours. I don't see any Society names!"

Sarah found herself massaging Natalie's hand, soothing muscles and small bones as she listened to the banter of terribly bright and experienced professionals. Her seatmate smiled and kissed Sarah's forehead.

"Dear Sarah, don't mind us. You are actually the honored guest at our weekend party. Alan tells me you are laying waste at Thames House already."

The new agent felt her body coiled and ready for action. How could they be complimenting her? She eased her small self into Natalie's lap and whispered, "This must be some awful trick, taking the latest hire apart piece by piece!"

They hugged tight and her newest mentor whispered back, "Just be yourself, but ready to answer tease with tease!"

Sarah lay her head on the nearest shoulder and was asleep in moments.

The Anthony family lodge was actually closer to Ripley and its castle than Harrogate. The forebear who had saved Wellington's life had received a leasehold in a copse of woods to the west of the castle from an admiring Baronet, in addition to the land adjacent to Hyde Park. Generations of grateful Anthony's had constructed a hunting lodge, and added on here and there. Reggie valued it for peaceful silence that resulted in some of his best academic work.

Sarah, still holding Natalie's hand, marveled at the paneled interior. Natalie said, "Upper class all the way, Sarah, except that the original Anthony, who saved Wellington's life, was a commoner to his core. A smart commoner who made a fortune importing wine and other good things."

Upstairs were adjacent rooms with wonderful views into the woods. Sarah flattened herself on the bed, exclaiming, "A fairytale house!"

Alan appeared at the door, very dapper in knee length cords. "Ah, a damsel in distress!"

Sensing trouble, Sarah ran to his arms. "I'll give you distress! How can we work in such a marvelous place?"

Glancing at Natalie, who was smiling from the doorway to the next room, he said, "You are surrounded by tough instructors. There is no room for lack of application!"

He applied his lips to hers and Sarah giggled.

Lunch was provided on a sunlit veranda to the rear of the lodge. Reggie declared a work holiday until the next day and announced that there was free time until dinner at eight, cocktails at seven. Natalie, who was sitting comfortably next to Reggie, took another sip of her luncheon wine and said, "The new agent and her beau should use their free time for a stroll in the woods. You might find a hobbit or two."

Sarah felt herself transported once again. A walk in the oaks that had not been cut in hundreds of years! She jumped to her feet, exclaiming, "What fun, I must change to my trousers and hiking boots!"

Holding Reggie's arm as they watched the young lovers march away from the house a few minutes later, Natalie said, "She is precious, as you said."

"Yes, she has all the males around her scared to death that terrible mischief will befall her on this first mission."

Rising, she said, "Come, you may entertain me in my boudoir, and we will work out a plan to bring her home safe and sound with the right amount of experience."

They walked slowly and closely together, hands clasped like old lovers, which they were.

* * *

Alan and Sarah followed narrow paths through oak woods and disused pastures, looking down on hamlets along river courses. She knocked her head on his shoulder and said, "I've never had a proper walk with my fiance..."

He didn't respond for perhaps a minute, continuing straight ahead. "This heads up into the park in a mile or so. Since we are just wandering around, wooly headed, and definitely not on a proper agent's walk, I should probably find a bower in which to romance you."

She pushed him against a nearby tree, applying a warm kiss. "All this moss is very nice, but entirely too damp for me to unveil my naked charms."

He returned the kiss with vigor. "Poor girl, he ravished her in the damp and she caught a dreadful cold."

Sarah buried her head in his warm chest and sighed. "In a novel, these would be stolen moments."

He hugged her tightly and whispered in her ear, "We are not stolen, but actually affianced. I am still shaking from the drama of that moment the other night when you told me we might marry."

Her devious hand had his zipper down and slipped through the opening in his drawers, finding the shaft within. "It is all the fault of this weapon of yours. After you have taken me over the top several times, there is nothing but mush left."

He sank down to the base of the trunk, drawing her to his lap. "You are such fun to tease with. How is it that we can be playful lovers and serious agents at the same time?"

She said, softly, "I read somewhere that love is an exchange of vulnerabilities, but am just now realizing what that means. Oh, I am so in love with you, Alan." She buried her head again, but he saw tears falling.

He rocked them quietly, not having words to follow hers.

After several minutes, she arched gracefully out of his lap and extended a hand. "Come, we will find some wine and sketch a few notes about how to use the weekend well. Natalie is an amazing reservoir of facts and experience about Lebanon."

She led the way back. He reached to pinch a muscled bottom and asked, "No ravishing in the moss?"

She hesitated a moment and answered, "Some time when we are not on assignment, you may bring me here and we shall chase each other naked through the woods, scaring the creatures of the forest!"

He thought of seizing her in his arms, but didn't. His lover turned agent probably meant what she said. He had best not change her mind.

* * *

Natalie was standing in the second story window of her bedroom, clad only in a filmy robe that concealed little. Seeing Sarah leading Alan back to the lodge at a good clip, she called to Reggie, "Come and look."

Reggie gazed over her shoulder, arms around the impressive chest. "Love, Sarah fitted out in the proper androgynous uniform could be the Regimental Sergeant Major, don't you think?"

"They are looking for a drink. Remove your pesky fingers and let me dress. You've bedded me well and there will be time later for more. We should join them for some casual talk about the mission."

By the time showers were over, it was time to dress for dinner and gather in the library, where there was a warm fire. Carolyn introduced Marty to those she hadn't met and everyone was polite. Reggie helped himself to a glass of whisky, which allowed the others to indulge their taste.

Alan and Sarah were dressed in simple but elegant dinner clothes. "May I have wine and a sip of your whisky?" she asked. He nibbled at her ear and whispered, "Naughty."

When he returned and provided the sip, she said, "Your agent needs to learn a bit about the ways of the world."

He smiled at her and nodded. "You are right, but may I have the honor of being your instructor?"

At table, Sarah made a point of engaging Marty in conversation. Carolyn's partner was tall for a woman, and sturdy.

"I hope you don't feel awkward. We mean to be welcoming."

"Thank you. Reggie has known about us for quite a while, and is very gracious. I am pleased to meet you. Carolyn holds you in high esteem."

Sarah blushed, "Oh, she has been such a help! Almost a second mother when we were in school together."

Marty gave Mouse a sly look, "But you were grown up at her house the other morning?"

The marvelous blush deepened further, but Sarah bounced back with a tart, "I was a student under instruction!"

Marty gave a squeeze of Sarah's hand under the table, signaling that more instruction was to come.

For dessert, Reggie led the way to the library, which was also his study space. One of the house staff served small plates of fruit tart, and a choice of tea or coffee.

"Friends," Reggie said, "I would like to introduce Angela Murphy, who has been a member of the family since she was a little girl. She is also, by the way, an enrolled officer of the Metropolitan Police who is on detached duty with us. I make the introduction because we are going to be discussing sensitive matters and you may be sure of her ability to keep our conversation private."

Sarah sat quietly next to Alan, realizing that, as she had recently suspected, there was a great deal more to Reggie's work than had been revealed to her. The Met Police did not assign officers without good reason.

She was about to whisper something to Alan when Reggie fixed his gaze on her and said, "Sarah, if you don't mind, would you come take this seat next to me?"

Mouse smiled as she walked over and kissed his cheek, saying, "It is a terrible imposition, Sir!"

She made things worse by sitting in his lap and looking around the room at laughing faces.

Reggie's strong hands placed her firmly in the adjacent chair. "Sarah, thank you for making us laugh. You are a fine spirited young woman and we are delighted to have you join our small gang of troublemakers."

Looking at them, Sarah mentally ran over what she knew of backgrounds. The mix of full time and part time security involvement was interesting. It was like a large venn diagram, she thought. They were all in Reggie's circle of family and acquaintance. One of many such circles, given his enormous range of interests and expertise. And the one assembled here at the Anthony family lodge was for a specific purpose. A purpose that included her, obviously, even though she was still ignorant of it.

She smiled and placed her hand on his. Patience was required. She imagined him saying, paternalistically, "All in good time, my dear."

Such ill treatment! The very impatient young woman in her felt rebellion. The twelve months of agent training kept her face calm and impassive. She was the youngest and hardly even official yet. There would be more agonizing moments like this. What if this was an interrogation, in a grimy dungeon room in the hills of Lebanon? With a half dozen Muslim men giving her dark, sullen looks. She looked for Natalie, and found a quiet face that seemed to encourage her new PA to hold fast.

Reggie broke the suspense. "Sarah, everyone here has been briefed on the new assignment except you. I realize that isn't fair, but you see, the situation in Lebanon has heated up while you were still finishing training and being appointed in the Security Service. So, you are late to the party, so to speak."

He looked sidewise at her, hoping for a smile. She stood with a terrible frown and did a quick walkover in Natalie's direction, her skirt flying.

"Late to the party indeed! But I am not without resources. The formidable woman next to whom I am standing has taken me under her wing."

She did another walkover in Alan's direction, allowing her colored briefs to show this time. "And this one here has taken me to bed!

A final flounce to Carolyn's side. "And this one, my guide and mentor for years, will continue as such!"

She relaxed in Carolyn's arms and lap as Reggie squinted at her, attempting a frown.

Geoff spoke up, "I have it on good authority, Reggie, that she is dangerous at night."

Sarah dearly wished her service dagger was secreted against her inner thigh so that she could spread her legs in Reggie's direction. She giggled into Carolyn's shoulder. "Oh, this is so much fun!"

As a final act of rebellion, she flung herself into a forward somersault, landing on the floor at Reggie's feet and clutching his leg. "At your service, sir," she mumbled, looking up at him hopefully.

Reggie looked at Natalie, who nodded with a big smile. Which is why Sarah found herself across the knighted professor's thighs, her crimson briefs entertaining the room.

This time Alan interrupted, "Reggie, Geoff and I have already admitted that hazing behavior would get us canned."

Sarah used the moment to leap out of Reggie's arms and dash around to seize his burly shoulders from the rear. "Reggie dearest, I promise to cease this terrible flirty behavior if you will PLEASE allow me to know about the mission!" Her lips applied kisses here and there about his head.

He stood, twirling the nimble body and landing it in Alan's arms. His lowest timbre voice said, "I believe the rest of the new agent's brief would be better completed in her feather bed! We will resume in the morning after an eight o'clock breakfast."

Natalie moved quickly into Reggie's arms. "She is a devil and you are a prince!" That was followed by a very hot kiss. It was obvious, as couples left the room, what the next activity would be.

***

Alan helped with the dress. "Damned if I know how you did those gymnastic moves in this."

She sat on the edge of the bed as he helped also with the fine stockings, which she was not used to wearing. Carefully rolled and set to the side, his tongue explored a muscular leg, beginning with a generous sucking of a big toe.

"Oh Alan, I am so needy!" She fell back on the bed, sighing.

He was down to his drawers, but responded, "Very naughty agent. Insulting the team leader before you have even been briefed?"

She flipped out of the lacy underwear, "Yes, I must be punished. But may I please, after all this torture, be told what is happening? I promise to be a good girl forever and ever after that!"

Alan was very hard, but confused about this gorgeous bundle of naked trouble in front of him. She solved the puzzle by flexing her hips at him and declaring, "Take me!"

They had a wild ten minutes of growling, cursing, fucking, coming and destruction of the bed covers.

She stretched on top, whispering in his ear, "When we are married, you will still come after me like that?"

He thought to urge a little less energy, but caught himself. She liked him, she liked sex, she wanted adventure and challenge in her life. He realized there would be moments when each of them thought they were just along for a wild ride with the other. His brain ached. What was that saying about "a match made in Heaven?"

He dared to give himself some advice. "Do not, whatever you do, denigrate your lover. Reward her exploits and do your best to keep her alive!"

"Sarah, love, you raise the beast in me. That was not too violent?"

She giggled, "Beast, your stuff is running out of me. Shouldn't you put the plug back in!"

He did, and carried her quickly to the bath, applying his hand to her backside.

Still naked, but back in her bed, Sarah sat on his chest and smiled down. "I must tell you something. Please do not be angry."

She waited for a response. The smile turned enigmatic. What was she up to, he wondered.

"I promise not to be angry."

"I have noticed," she began, "that you have given me unhappy looks now and then over the last several weeks. Your friend, protege, lover, and now fiancee put her anxious mind to work on what could the matter be?"

She paused to slowly lower her upper body for a gentle kiss, which included his fingers finding her marvelous pert breasts.

Upright again, she continued, "Especially after the confessions as to Geoff's and your misdeeds, it does occur to the new agent that the experienced agents have developed worry about my first mission and my performance. Do I possibly have that right?"

His hands shot up and dragged her down into a tight embrace. The harsh male voice said in her ear, "You are no ordinary woman, Sarah. You surprise us, enchant us, and worry us. You bring out every last protective impulse in my body."

She ducked her head into his shoulder and let tears run freely. His embrace was so tight, she could hardly shudder.

After long minutes, her soft voice said, "We must do better, both of us."

She gently untangled herself from his arms and lay back, eyes closed. "This is difficult. I am still tingling from head to toe because of your beastly cock!" She drew his hand to her mouth and sucked on a finger. The sucking was vigorous.

He lay still, but said in a calm voice, "If you continue with that, there is only one result."

She moved the wet fingers to her breast. He said, "That too."

She turned her head to him and said, "The giddy schoolgirl must go. All of the public, and most of the private. The agent she is going to marry needs to see evidence of toughness that can endure nasty times on the mission."

Another long silence was broken by, "The agent she is going to marry must bury his doubts and assume she is as capable as her record suggests."

She thought to herself as sleep took her that her bonding with Alan was going to take them where they needed to go.

Sarah was awake and sliding carefully out of bed in the dimmest early twilight. Putting on clothes to go out in the morning chill, she went to the corridor and had a sudden thought. A very quiet knock on Natalie's door produced a quick small opening with a face in it. Sarah had an apologetic smile, "Do you fancy an early walk? I do need a talk."

"Yes. Good idea. Give me five minutes and find coffee. I'll meet you in the kitchen."

Angela was already busy making a fire in the ancient wood stove which sat next to a stainless modern monster. Letting her accent out, the soft brogue said, "I was raised in a kitchen with a stove like this. A fire is second nature."

Sarah closed for a hug and quick kiss on the cheek. "Dublin?"

"Nay, Killarney. My family is west country for generations."

Sarah was inquisitive. "You don't owe me an answer, but how does Killarney lead to special agent of the Met Police?"

Angela was pouring coffee as Natalie came in, smiling and reaching for a hug. A glance between them showed past acquaintance. "Young Sarah asks how a Killarney girl found herself looking after the knighted Professor Anthony?"

Natalie laughed and said, "It was a lover's quarrel, and we will be here half the morning if you need the details. Right now, you and I are taking our mugs to the walking path."

Angela held the door for them, saying omelets would be available when they returned.

Sarah asked cautiously, "I will hold back my curiosity, but can you tell me why such an important woman is doing kitchen duty?"

"She asked for it. Said her mother was frequently ill when she was young, and she fed and looked after the younger children. Watching over Reggie's little soirees is fun compared to that, she says."

"So, she presides in the kitchen, at the center of everything that goes on in the house. Keeping an eye out for mischief and able to summon help when needed?"

"She is also credentialed as a courier for the highest level government documents. Finds ways to keep 10 Downing Street off Reggie's back when needed."

Squeezing Sarah's hand, Natalie said, "I shouldn't tell you this, but she races motorcycles in her spare time! Perhaps you could ask for instruction. When we are in Lebanon, a quick dash cross-country may be necessary!"

"You are half serious, aren't you?"

"I am. You have the body and the quick reflexes for it. Last night was marvelous. Reggie was still talking about you when we were in bed and he was supposed to be paying attention to me!"