Danny's

Story Info
Love story of a professor and dancer.
6.9k words
4.69
2.2k
3
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The worn leather stool creaked under Professor Ellis's weight as a wave of stale cigarette smoke and spilled whiskey washed over him. This was Danny's, and it was his kind of place -- a sanctuary of dim lights and sticky tables, far removed from the austere halls of academia he'd once trod. Semi-retired now, his world had narrowed to these four walls and the company he found within them.

"Mark, old boy" he slurred, the bourbon warming its way down his throat "You know I never miss a chance to expand my artistic horizons."

Mark, a weathered man who seemed as much part of the bar as the dusty bottles slid a fresh glass towards him. "You won't be disappointed then Professor. Anya the new girl, she's something else. A touch of fire, that one."

The professor chuckled the sound raspy in the smoky air. Years ago it was another bar and another friend -- the brilliant irreverent Richard Feynman -- who'd taught him that dive joints were the true canvases of life. Feynman had filled his notebooks with scribbled equations and sketches of dancers teaching the young professor to find the extraordinary in the most unexpected places.

"Well then" he gestured grandly his eyes twinkling "an introduction to this fiery maiden is in order wouldn't you agree?"

Later that night as the music throbbed and the spotlight swung across the stage Anya appeared. Clad in silks the color of embers she was a whirlwind of motion and defiance. Not beautiful in the conventional sense but arresting, untamed. It wasn't the lithe grace of her movements that drew his eye but the intensity burning beneath the surface.

The professor's fingers itched for his worn notebook, but he wasn't here to sketch this time. He was here to watch, to remember what it felt like to have fire in your veins instead of the slow burn of a life winding down.

After the set Mark led Anya over a hint of amusement in his eyes. "Anya meet the professor an old friend. Professor this is Anya your fiery new muse."

Her eyes dark and fathomless regarded him with cool curiosity. "So you're the regular Mark keeps talking about?" "The artist?"

"Well this is interesting." He leaned in slightly his smile hinting at amusement. "Maybe you're the type who appreciates the finer things. And besides" he paused the smile widening "a man can't help but be drawn to a flame as bright as yours."

A hint of a smile played at the corner of her lips fleeting but genuine. She might have dismissed a younger man but in him she sensed a kindred spirit - an old flame yet to be extinguished. That, the professor decided was the most intriguing sketch of all.

Anya tilted her head to the side. "An observer? Now that's different. All I usually get are eyes wanting to strip me bare." She spoke with the ease of someone used to the male gaze yet there was a sharpness in her voice an edge he found compelling.

He traced the rim of his glass a contemplative look in his eyes. "Ah but the best observers see beyond the surface my dear. They see the story beneath the skin the fire behind the flicker."

Her laughter was unexpected a burst of genuine amusement. "You talk like one of those poets nobody understands... the old-fashioned kind."

"Perhaps" he conceded, taking a sip of bourbon. "Or perhaps like the old-fashioned sort of dancers there's more to me than meets the eye."

Anya pressed a hand against the cool surface of the bar the silk of her dress whispering against it. "Maybe I won't be in such a hurry to leave tonight" she said, her voice low a spark of something unspoken in her eyes.

The Professor felt a surge of something akin to excitement. It had been years decades perhaps since he'd felt a spark ignite within him. He had a sneaking suspicion that Anya was used to setting men alight but extinguishing them just as quickly. The game as much as the woman promised to be intoxicating.

"I believe" he declared a slow smile spreading across his face "that I would like that very much."

Mark watched them with a knowing grin the faint clink of glasses and the throbbing bass-line of the bar the soundtrack to this peculiar courtship. Here in this neon-lit dive the professor with his Feynman-inspired sketches and the dancer with her fiery spirit seemed an oddly suitable pair. He topped up the professor's drink. This he sensed was the start of a show he wouldn't want to miss.

And so as the city slept Danny's kept its doors open a little later and its lights a little dimmer. Laughter cut through the smoke low and laced with promise, as the professor rediscovered that even in the dwindling embers of an ordinary life an unexpected flame could make all the difference.

Danny's had emptied the last of the drunken patrons stumbling out and blurring into the icy night. Only the soft glow of the bar's sign hummed in the frigid quiet. Anya emerged from the back room trading the shimmer of her stage costume for faded jeans and a worn leather jacket. She still crackled with an untamed energy, though it was held closer now as if reserved for...him.

"So Professor" she drawled perching next to him on the scratched leather stool "Are you the type who likes to talk...or the type who likes to do?"

"That," he mused tracing a condensation ring on the bar "depends very much on the company." His eyes met hers the weathered blue holding a flicker that hadn't been there in years.

Anya's smirk was slow and sultry. "And what do you think your company is like Professor?"

"Well now" he leaned closer voice lowered to a conspiratorial whisper "I'd say she's the kind who knows there's more to pleasure than just skin on skin."

Her eyes widened a fraction surprise mingling with raw interest. Most men saw the dancer the body on display. The professor saw... something else a sharp intellect sparking beneath the sultry façade. It was almost disconcertingly arousing.

"You're not what I expected," she admitted.

"Ah but isn't that the fun of it?" He reached across and traced a line down the worn fabric of her sleeve. "All those layers those secrets..."

Anya shivered the movement rippling through her like a shockwave. "And I suppose you think you can peel them back?"

His chuckle was low and laced with promise. "Not peel, my dear. Unravel, thread by delicate thread, if you'll let me."

The tension crackled in the air between them thick as the leftover cigarette smoke. Anya's heart thrummed against her ribs a beat mirroring the pounding bassline that still echoed in her blood from the stage. He was a challenge something different and she'd never been one to back down.

"My place or yours Professor?" Her voice was husky a dare hanging in the silence.

His smile was all wolfish charm now. "Surprise me."

I never would've guessed Anya's apartment looked like this. Small, and a whirlwind of colors and books. It felt so...her. Not the polished image I had in my head, but definitely more interesting.

Anya caught his raised eyebrow and laughed a throaty sound that vibrated through him. "Not your usual academic haunt huh?"

"Hardly" he conceded "But far more interesting for it." His gaze swept across the room a makeshift clothesline strung with jewel-toned scarves a battered easel displaying an unfinished painting - vibrant, angry strokes of oil on canvas. It was her essence laid bare, and it fascinated him.

"Don't worry Professor," she purred leaning in close. "I clean up nice. For the right company."

His hand caught hers the skin surprisingly soft beneath its calluses. "As do I" he countered his eyes catching the gleam of firelight in hers. "Though I've always suspected that messiness has a charm all its own."

The clutter of the room faded away as she walked ahead of him hips swaying like they had a rhythm of their own. His eyes were drawn to her shoulder the strap of her dress hanging low. He felt a jolt of heat as she smiled at him slow and sweet and deliberately left it where it was.

"So" she tilted her head her voice a smoky whisper "what shall we unravel first Professor? The mysteries of the cosmos... or the mysteries of a dancer's body?"

He swallowed feeling the heady rush of a much younger man. Here in this vibrant den of chaos he wasn't just the aging professor but a man confronted with delicious possibility.

"Anya," he murmured his voice rough "I believe the best discoveries are made through a combination of the two."

With a predatory gleam in her eye she leaned forward, her lips almost ghosting his. "Then let's get to work, shall we?"

The air snapped with energy, that low buzz you feel in your bones when something amazing's gonna happen. Way different vibe than your average history class. Him with his tweeds and theories, me with my restless feet... not exactly a match made in heaven. But who knows? Maybe between the book smarts and the body rhythms, we had the kinda spark that sets the world on fire.

The unraveling started with words -- a playful battle of wit fueled by cheap wine and shared laughter. He recounted tales of his wilder academic days brushes with eccentric geniuses and half-baked experiments. She spoke of the grit and glamour behind the stage lights of costumes sewn hastily backstage and rivalries fueled by passion more than pettiness.

He wasn't sure when conversation turned to touch. Perhaps when her hand grazed his as she reached for the wine or when he idly traced the faded tattoo peeking above her worn boot. It was a dance as much as their words tentative explorations born from mutual curiosity.

The touch of his calloused fingers against her thigh was jolting. She hissed a breath not in pain but in sharp surprise. The professor seemingly so precise in his words was surprisingly gentle tentative even when exploring the landscape of her skin.

"You don't touch like the others" she rasped, her eyes a dark smoldering intensity.

"Do I touch how you'd like?" His voice was a touch unsteady the veneer of academic refinement cracking to reveal a hungry desperation that echoed her own.

Her answering smile was slow a wickedly beautiful promise. She leaned close her breath ghosting across his cheek "Not yet, Professor but you have potential."

Potential. It was a thrill, that word, a spark to the dry kindling of his settled existence. His fingers ventured higher the smooth silk of her dress sliding beneath his touch. He mapped the curve of her hip the slight tremble of her muscles, a testament to the strength and discipline lying beneath the softness.

She reached up fingertips tangling in his silvery hair a silent invitation that sent a pulse pounding in his temples. With deliberate slowness he tugged at the fallen strap of her dress revealing the creamy expanse of her shoulder the intricate curve of her collarbone.

He bent to brush a kiss there, his lips a whisper against her heated skin. Anya arched into his touch a soft moan escaping her. He could analyze the anatomy behind it, the involuntary response of nerves on fire... but in that moment analysis seemed a paltry substitute for raw sensation.

The night had only just begun a symphony of whispered promises and shared breaths a rediscovery of desire in the most unlikely of places. The professor and his fiery muse were bound together now not by intellect or artistry alone but the primal urgent language of bodies intertwining under the flickering remnants of a dying fire.

Dawn came slowly bleeding through the grimy window in streaks of pale blue and bruised purple. In the tangled sheets exhaustion was a shared language spoken in the languid stretch of limbs and the soft contented sighs.

Anya pressed against him the warmth of her body finding a perfect fit with his own. Her hair was a wild fiery halo against the pillow and her scent -- a heady mix of cheap perfume and sweat -- somehow intoxicating.

"Didn't think you had it in you Professor" she murmured her voice still thick with sleep.

He chuckled, tracing a lazy circle on her bare shoulder. "Neither did I my dear. Neither did I."

On the fire escape rusty metal railing warmed by the tentative sunlight they shared a cigarette. Below, the city stirred to life the grumble of trucks and the early calls of street vendors.

"Odd, isn't it" he mused watching the smoke spiral upwards. "Feeling more alive now than I have in years."

Anya tipped her head back against the railing eyes half-closed. "Some things you can't learn from books" she said simply.

A strange kind of peace settled over him. He hadn't been young for a long time but in Anya's unvarnished world with its raw edges and flickering lights, he'd discovered a spark he thought long extinguished.

"And is this something we do again Anya?" His voice held a note of hesitation, almost vulnerability.

She turned to him, a thoughtful glint in her eyes. "Depends" her lips curled into a half-smile "Can you keep up Professor? "

He met her gaze with a newfound boldness of his own. "I suppose we'll have to find out."

It was not a promise of forever, or even a promise of tomorrow. It was a promise of right now of peeling back the expected of embracing the vibrant messiness of life with both hands.

As the sun rose higher, painting their worn mismatched bodies in golden light the cityscape below them didn't seem quite so drab. Anya crushed her cigarette under her boot a spark extinguished, another about to blaze. Perhaps this fiery little dancer might teach an old professor a thing or two about the wild dance of living after all.

Chapter two

In the dim pulse of Danny's their connection was a barely contained heat. They watched each other in a dance as old as time itself -- the hunter and the hunted the observer and the art piece all unspoken truths swirling amidst the cheap booze and throbbing bass.

The professor for his part felt like a man treading two separate worlds. Days were spent in familiar lecture halls the scratch of chalk on a blackboard masking the lingering memory of silken skin sliding against his. Yet, every evening he found himself pulled back to the smoky allure of the bar his eyes tracking Anya's every move. Her dances became a haunting piece of performance art -- raw aching and undeniably meant for him alone.

Anya moved with an extra level of recklessness these nights. Her defiance seemed to burn hotter her movements sharper laced with a restless edge. He couldn't be sure but he suspected their secret was etched into her very skin the knowledge of it making her bolder. He was both enthralled and unnerved by the subtle shifts in her.

Then came the night when control finally frayed. Anya's final set was a whirlwind of barely contained energy. Sweat dewed her skin her hair a wild tempest around her face. She ended with a flourish a final, breathless lunge that left the crowd roaring.

Something in her gaze as she caught his eye was not simply satisfaction but a question. A demand.

As the music faded she slinked towards him the sway of her hips a hypnotic metronome. "Walk me out?" Her voice was a purr meant for his ears and his alone.

They slipped into the cool night air and only once they were out of sight of the bar did Anya drop the act. "Your place" she stated less of a question and more of a declaration.

The professor hesitated a flicker of reason attempting to reassert itself. "Anya, we should..."

She grabbed his lapel pulling him tantalizingly close. "Don't think Professor" she breathed in his ear "Tonight just... feel."

The fight left him in a rush. There was no logic in this no Feynman-inspired analysis could help him now. He, the man of equations and theories was utterly undone by a dancer's raw need.

"Yes." the word was barely a whisper before he was leading her into the darkness, the promise (or perhaps the threat) of his apartment looming ahead like an uncharted destination.

Dawn hadn't quite broken yet casting long shadows across his apartment. It was the kind of place where a stray paperclip would cause a minor crisis. Books were regimented on the shelves notes pinned to the board like captured butterflies. Anya drifted through leaving a misplaced mug on his pristine coffee table a carelessly tossed jacket disrupting the geometry of the room.

She turned to him with a predatory gleam in her eye. "So this is where the magic happens huh? The Professor's lair."

He ran a hand through his hair a nervous gesture that betrayed his inner turmoil. "Hardly magical" he muttered the words catching in his throat.

Anya prowled over to his desk trailing a fingertip over the pile of graded assignments. A flicker of disappointment flashed across her features. "Kinda...boring."

He flinched. Boring. It was the harshest critique of his life and a sharp reminder of the abyss between their two worlds.

Sensing the shift in his mood, she sauntered closer. "Hey" her voice softened, "I didn't mean it like that. Just..." She gestured to the space around her "I dunno thought there'd be more. More you."

He ran a hand across the rough stubble on his jaw. "More me? What does that look like Anya?"

Her smile was a slow burn. "Dunno yet." She reached out and with a surprising touch of gentleness unbuttoned the top buttons of his starched shirt. Her fingers grazed a constellation of age spots across his chest a touch at odds with her fiery image. "Let's find out then, shall we?"

The room was a wreck -- clothes on the floor, sheets twisted. It pulsed with heat, still buzzing with what had just happened. The smell of their bodies clung to the air. It had been wild, yes, but... there was something else there. Something almost frightening in its intensity.

The edge of dawn peeked through the blinds. He watched her sleep, a mess of limbs on his lumpy couch. Beautiful, even like that. A smile tugged at his lips. Yeah, "boring" wasn't a word he'd be using again. Thanks to Anya, his world wasn't just upside down -- it was on fire.

He had a choice: to mourn the wreckage of his former life or to embrace the untamed beauty that lay sleeping before him. His gaze flickered to the forgotten sketchbook tucked beneath a stack of academic journals. Perhaps his 'lair' wasn't so magical before but there was a strange wild magic here now -- one that was just beginning to ignite.

Sunlight streamed through the window casting the cluttered room in a warm forgiving glow. In the kitchen the incongruous sounds of sizzling bacon and clinking silverware broke the comfortable silence. It was a scene out of some domestic fantasy the professor never thought he'd inhabit -- him in his rumpled clothes cooking breakfast while his fiery paramour slept amidst a tangled heap of bedding.

When Anya finally emerged, she looked both vulnerable and strangely content. Dressed in one of his oversized shirts she seemed less like a creature of the night and more like... a woman simply. A mischievous glint sparkled in her eyes as she inhaled the fragrant smell of coffee and crisp bacon.

He set a plate before her his movements deliberate. "Food for the body" he said "And perhaps now nourishment of a different sort?"

Anya regarded him over her steaming mug curiosity sparking within the still-smudged remnants of last night's makeup. "Now you're talking my language Professor," she purred, but her humor was tempered with something softer. "What did you want to feed your brain with?"

He leaned forward the academic in him irrepressibly drawn to the depths he sensed within her. "Your history Anya," he said gently. "Everyone's got one and yours... I suspect it's shaped the way you move in the world."

A shadow slipped across her face. She picked at a piece of bacon a thoughtful frown creasing her brow. "Not exactly the kind of story you get told in those fancy lecture halls" she said finally.

"Perhaps not" he conceded. "But a story nonetheless."

She sighed a weary sound from someone who'd carried weight for too long. "Ran away when I was sixteen" she admitted the words blunt and raw. "Small town girl with the big bad city in her eyes. Not much of an original huh?"