Darcy's Doubts - Day 01

Story Info
Darcy moves in with an old friend after a long time away.
7.3k words
4.49
12.3k
16

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/07/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Fenix89
Fenix89
13 Followers

Hope you all enjoy my first attempt at writing romance/erotica. I've always had a bunch of stories in my head, but this is the first time I've tried writing them down.

All feedback is welcome!

~~~~

"This is your pilot speaking, we'll be landing in Chicago...". I ignored the rest, too excited to finally be here. Chicago, the Windy City, the Second City, whatever else people are calling it nowadays. I'd been here a couple of times with my family when I was younger. We'd go to the zoo and the pier every time we came. Dad always talked about moving to the big city. Until a weekend of expensive food and parking convinced him otherwise.

Today I'll be making his dream a reality thanks to the fancy new job I landed. My new company was clear, they needed me ASAP, so I hopped a flight quickly as I could. I came with nothing but a duffle bag, backpack, and the clothes on my back. To be honest I didn't own much else. Anything else I did own, I left for my old roommates to fight over.

I thought finding an affordable place to stay was going to be difficult, but once word had gotten around about my move that problem fixed itself. My friend Kyle reached out to me and insisted that I stay with her. I could hardly say no. The rent she was asking for was a fraction of what I had been quoted during my short search. I also thought this might be a good time to reconnect with Kyle.

I haven't seen Kyle since the summer after she started transitioning. And I'm curious to see how she's doing. Kyle had surprised no one when she came out. But once she told her family that she felt she was born into the wrong body, shit kind of hit the fan.

Kyle's mom had always been supportive. For her father, however, that was the last straw. See Mr. Liu, Kyle's dad, was a real "man's man." I'm talking cigar smoking, beer drinking, car fixing man. So, when Kyle told him that she was a woman, he flipped. It was all 'I have no son, that's unnatural, and I didn't think this could get any worse.' It was heartbreaking. The only saving grace was that Kyle was leaving for college at the end of that summer.

After we went our separate ways for college, I didn't really see her again. We still spoke on occasions though. A text here, a phone call there. I tried to find her on social, but according to Kyle's mom, she was avoiding social media. I found that hard to believe. Figured Kyle was hiding it from her family. Every time I tried to bring it up, she would avoid the subject. Eventually, I let it go, happy to not be cut out completely. Especially since I consider Kyle to be one of my best friends. Which wasn't saying much. I'd all but stopped talking to my other high school friends. My college friends now scattered across the country, chasing new opportunities.

While walking through the terminal, a TSA agent approached me. "Excuse me, sir. It's required to wear a mask while in the airport."

I nod and give a halfhearted apology before pulling my face covering up, still getting used to this thing.

Damn, Covid-19 has everyone on edge. I've been talking to my mom on a near-daily basis to keep her calm. Only recently had I convinced her that we only needed once a week check-ins. Though the sparsely populated airport reminds me how things have changed. Thinking about It creeped me out.

Let's grab this Lyft and start the next chapter of our life, Darcy. New city, new experiences, and an old friend.

The Lyft wait surprised me. I almost ended up grabbing one of the few taxis sitting out front. At least my driver was friendly, like really friendly. At times it bordered on flirting, or at least it felt like it. Our conversation revealed that I may not have arrived at the best time.

"Yeah, they're talking about shutting it all down," my driver said over his shoulder.

"What do you mean 'it all'?" I was beginning to worry.

"No one in, no one out. Like a fucked up Thunderdome or actually, Under the Dome. Have you seen-"

I started to spiral when I heard that and completely spaced on whatever my driver was saying. 'No one in or out'. What the hell had I agreed to by coming here? I hadn't checked my email since before takeoff, what do I do about work if things are shutting down? How do you even onboard a person without a tour of a break room, littered with 'if you finish the pot start another' flyers?

"Hey, you still with me?"

"Sorry. Lost in thought."

"Is here good?"

We had pulled up to an old multi-level brick building. Two identical buildings sandwiched it. Looking up and down the block I saw more of the same. Seemed there was a theme here.

"Um, I think so. This is actually my first time here."

"Well, welcome to Boystown!"

"Boystown?" Seemed like a pretty queer name for a place, he must have been joking.

"Yeah, that's the neighborhood. Great place to live, even better if you like the boys." There was a playful tone to his voice

"Like, like, like?"

"Yes, 'like, like'." he laughed

I must have screwed my face a little bit because the driver gave me a questioning look. I immediately fixed it, not meaning to be rude.

"Take it you're not a boys fan?"

"Meh, Not really. We're way too hairy." I joked hoping I hadn't offended my driver. I'd be sure to leave a bigger tip.

"Ha, that's half the fun. Opportunities present themselves when you leave yourself open, consider that while you're here." he had turned around and was giving me the once over.

"No promises, but thanks for the advice. Have a good night, you stay safe." I couldn't get out of the car fast enough. Is that how women feel when men check them out?

Damn, that sucks.

I walked up to the door a little hesitant to ring the bell. Not just because of the hour, but because I wasn't even sure this was the right building. Before I could decide a course of action the door swung open. Kyle ran out and jumped into my arms almost forcing me to lose my balance.

She pulled back a little to make sure I was alright "Sorry, are you ok?"

"Of course," I laughed. "A little warning next time though"

She leaned back in, her embrace not letting up for a full minute. I decided to lean into it. She obviously was happy to see me. I lowered my head fully giving into the hug.

She smelled amazing. A light floral scent, it was as familiar as it was inviting.

"Ok. Sorry, just had to get that out of the way" she said as she began to end our embrace

Her grip finally loosened, unmolding her from me. Finally letting me have a good look at her. She was even prettier than I remembered. She had definitely matured. And in the best ways possible since I had seen her last. She had put on weight, but who amongst us haven't, the bulk of it filling out her ample hips and adding a slight pudge to her stomach that was begging to be grabbed. It's softness ready to be kneaded by diligent hands. The thin white tank top and purple cotton shorts she wore hugged her in all the right places. Exposing fields of pale ivory skin to the cold night air.

Her straight black hair was in a single braid. It laid casually over her shoulder and down her chest, drawing my eyes to her visible nipples. Her breast having grown since I last saw her. What was once a small A cup at best now looked to be a very healthy and full B. After taking in the pristine image I had been presented, I decided that I should speak before this gets weird.

"No need to apologize, who doesn't love hugs." I joked, brushing off her apologies.

Flatly she responded "Athena"

"Who?"

"You'll meet'em later, come inside, it's chilly out here."

From what I could see through her top she was indeed chilly.

"It is? I couldn't tell."

"Be nice or I'll send you back to Bumphuck, Indiana"

"Don't think I'm allowed back. That's a one-horse town and I don't think they could handle another stallion." I said with a wink and a nod.

Kyles responding groan was quite audible, coupled with an eye roll. "Not here 5 mins and you're already making bad dad jokes"

I Gave her the good ol' finger guns in response.

It felt natural to fall back into the way we used to banter. Trading quips until one of us broke out in laughter.

"Get in here fool"

Kyle Tugged me by the arm into the foyer urging me to sit my things down so she could give me the nickel tour. The next room we entered was a good-sized sitting room. The setup was a lot nicer than I was used to. They actually had framed art! That may not sound like a big deal, but I'd been basically living the dorm life with a bunch of other guys for the past six years. When it came to wall art, all we had were free concert and movie flyers we scored from a friend who worked at the local box office.

The furniture in the room looked comfortable, if not a little worn. It may have been second hand, but it was definitely being taken care of. All the pieces even matched each other, something else that impressed me. The furniture in my old apartment was a mixture of home basics from Target and cheap or free Craigslist finds.

"This is the family room, where we...family," Kyle said.

"Smooth."

"Oh shush, and c'mon"

Kyle turned to lead me further into the apartment. My eyes were immediately drawn to her stretched shorts. The distinct lack of a panty line left my mind to consider the options. I'd never known Kyle to wear thongs, she always said they were uncomfortable. So, was she wearing no underwear at all? As she started to walk the shorts rode up a little revealing some of her tantalizing ass. The tease alone was enough to get me going.

Focus Darcy. You've seen butts before, what's wrong with you? Yes, Kyle's cute, but remember what's on the other side of that nice thick...dammit man, c'mon. Eyes up, new apartment, take it in.

We walked towards the back of the apartment, passing two sets of stairs, one up, the other down, I assumed my future room lay somewhere above. Maybe even near Kyle's. Not that, that would matter I mean, Kyle and I are just friends and, well, she wasn't like other girls. I decided to focus on the tour, again. I don't know how long I was planning on staying but these were thoughts I did not want to have to deal with while I'm here.

Walking through a hallway, we enter a reasonably sized kitchen. The kitchen was pristine. Right out of a magazine. You'd think a realtor had set it up in preparation for selling the home. Either someone really loves this kitchen and maintains it constantly or it is never used.

"And this is where we'd cook, if anyone cared to try."

Well, that answers that question. Guess I'll have to put the old girl through her paces as I flex my chef muscles.

"Hol' up. So, y'all have this whole kitchen and no one here cooks?"

"We're just busy y'know. We usually order out most of the time."

"Whew, you big city folk sho' is weird."

She shook her head, but I could see that her lips pressing together holding back a smile.

"Let me show you to your room."

Kyle brushed past me as she headed towards the stairs just behind us. She placed her hand on my chest as she did so, and I can't quite explain why but my heart fluttered. It caused me to pause. [I paused.] Kyle, looking over her shoulder, gave me a smile I hadn't realized I'd been missing over these last few years.

"Grab your things please and we can continue the tour."

"Sure, sure," I muttered, still lost in thought. Grabbing my bags from the foyer, I followed Kyle down the second flight of stairs.

"Locking me away in the basement, huh? Really Harry Potter of you."

"He was locked beneath the stairs, smart butt. This is more of a 'Goonies' situation."

"Baby Ruuth. Ruuuuth Baby."

Kyle had to stop her tour. My impeccable Sloth impression having drawn out the cutest laugh I'd ever heard. Also, the most contagious, I couldn't help but join in.

Once our laughter abated, I got a good look at the basement. I was expecting a cold dingy dark unfinished room more suited to storage. Instead, to the left of the stairs, I was greeted by a rather large sectional and an equally large TV to match.

"Ok, so, who's selling drugs? Because this seems way too nice. No offense of course."

"You have BiBi to thank for all this, well BiBi's parents. They used to live here before renting the place to us and they left a few things behind." She gestured towards the oversized sectional.

"The TV as well? Noice."

"No, that's Athena's. She says it's a crime to watch sports on anything smaller than that monstrosity. It's great for movie nights though. C'mon, almost done." Kyle did an about-face and headed towards the back of the apartment.

Kyle gestured off handily towards the bathroom directly across from the stairs. Peeking inside revealed it had a shower. There were several more doors further down the hallway. I was curious as to what they were. Maybe more rooms that would add to the awe I was already feeling. Kyle told me the ones to the left were the water heater and passed that laundry. At the complete end of the hall was the gym. Seems their roommate Athena had converted the storage space there to suit her means. My room however was just to the right of the stairs.

"And this is where you'll be staying," doing her best Vanna White, Kyle gestured towards the door.

A smile already on my face I entered the room, my room. It was sparse containing nothing but a bed, fully dressed, and a wooden desk. Accordion doors on the right wall let me know they were hiding a closet. Checking out the closet, I could see that my current wardrobe wouldn't fill it. Not because the closet was large, but because I've thrown out more than I'd bought over the years. Something I was hoping to change now that I'd be making some "real" money.

"Not bad. I don't think I said this yet but thank you for letting me stay here - I appreciate it."

Giving me a mockingly stern look Kyle said, "well, don't thank me too much, you still gotta pay rent."

Raising my hands in surrender "Yes, yes I know. So, what we doing? Cash, ass, or grass?"

"Venmo."

Half turning, I poked out my butt giving it a wiggle, "you sure?"

Kyle's face immediately turned bright pink. Her now flustered state made me double over in laughter. Kyle gave me a good fist to the shoulder. I'd call it a hit, but with as soft as it was, I think that would be rude to the word.

Finally regaining my composure, I answered, "Venmo it is then."

The color finally returning to her face, or should I say leaving, Kyle asked "Need any help unpacking?

"Naw, don't have much to unpack," demonstrating, I lifted my duffle. I then turned to place on the floor next to the bed along with my backpack.

Kyle seemed taken aback. Her body tensed. The rejection caused her to recoil slightly from the response. She seemed lost as to how to continue the conversation that was so easily flowing before.

"Oh, well if you want to talk or just hang, I'll be upstairs," she shrugged, her voice now unsure.

My back to her now, I answered over my shoulder. "Yeah, of course."

"I left a towel and washcloth in the bathroom for you as well, so yeah, just umm let me know if there's anything you want from me." The emphasis was audible, I took it as Kyle just being polite. She was always so selfless. I appreciated her doing this for me, but I didn't want to burden her anymore tonight.

"Thanks, Kyle, I really do appreciate it."

It was now my turn to initiate a hug. A small gesture of my gratitude for letting me stay. She returned the hug earnestly. In return, I was able to take in her lovely scent and feel her plush body against me one more time. This time my hands instinctively wrapped around her waist. Part of me wanted to just feel her skin, if only for a little bit. When my hands connected with the exposed flesh of her lower back, it sent electricity through my fingers and up my arms. Kyle's body responded with a slight shake as her muscles tensed and relaxed into my hands. Staring down at her back gave me another eyeful of her delicious bottom. I wanted to reach out and fill my hands with its glory.

This, this wasn't right though. I can't do this. I need to stop. Get a hold of myself. She's giving us a place to stay. I just need to go to sleep and take a breath.

I began to release Kyle. Disconnecting the energy flowing from my hands to her body. And placing them safely at my sides. Kyle followed me not long after. Blushing and fiddling with her braid.

"So...yep."

"Yeah."

The silence between us was thick and awkward. I decided it was best to end it quickly.

"I'm gonna head to bed, really tired after the trip y'know. I'll see you tomorrow?"

Kyle looked...disappointed. No, hurt. Like a closed wound long forgotten had reopened.

"Yeah. Tomorrow." quickly turning she left the room closing the door behind her.

Fuck.

I was too handsy, wasn't I? She probably noticed me looking, no leering, at her tonight. What is wrong with me? C'mon, get it together, Darcy. You've got to keep it together; you live together now and she's your friend, you should treat her better than that.

I should go upstairs and apologize.

I stood there unmoving.

Ok, tomorrow, definitely tomorrow. Unmoving.

Or I could just pretend it didn't happen at all and let Future Darcy figure this out.

"Yep, that's it. Fuck future Darcy, this is his problem now. I'm going to bed."

Stripping down to my boxers, I head over to turn off the lights and catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror hanging behind the door. Wow, feels like it's been ages since I've seen myself in a full-length mirror. Damn, you know what, I look good. Look at that beautiful brown skin, mmmm, love it. Could use a haircut though and I swore I used to be skinnier. Not that I'm large at all, but the fact that I haven't actively been working out is starting to show. All in all, I've been pretty lucky. I'm tall, 5' 9 ¾" to be exact, as long as you don't sit me by someone over 6' that is. Fairly muscular for someone who's never stuck to their new year's resolution. I promise though next year will be the year of Darcy. Maybe. Ok, I think that's enough leering for one night. I chuckled, then collapsed on the bed.

Wow, even this mattress is better than my old one. "I must've done something right in a past life," I thought. Even the sheets smelled amazing. Kyle must have just washed them. A real familiar scent, again floral, but a little different. I'd have to ask Kyle about it. I let out a large yawn, stretched, then let myself sink into the sheets. Quickly falling asleep.

****

There was a knock at my bedroom door. I could tell by the trepidation in the knock that it was Kyle, that and I'd been expecting her all day. On the floor of my childhood room, I sat slumped against my bed. Spending my last days before college doing nothing. I was midway through a Streets of Rage Combat match and couldn't muster the will to stand.

"It's open."

"Hey, Darcy! It's me."

"Yeah, I could tell. You know you don't have to knock."

"But what if you're...?" her voice trailed off eyeing the floor in discomfort.

"Cccccombo Breaker! Sorry, what'd you say?"

"It was nothing." I could all but hear her blushing.

My match over I looked at Kyle for the first time. She had come out this past winter, just days after turning 18, and had been spending the summer growing into her true self. We had spent almost every day this summer together, but today something was different.

She was wearing a yellow floral sundress. It was modest, falling above the knee. No different than her usual style. Still growing her hair, it fell to her shoulders. Her dress accentuating her slim waist and wide hips on her feminine figure. I'm usually a breast man, but the way the fabric ran down Kyle's legs made my blood rush and without a proper release, my lust was now kindling waiting for a spark. I was without a doubt pent up. Not having spent time alone or with any other girls since breaking up with my ex. Kyle's questioning voice brought me out of my reverie before my lust could overcome me.

Fenix89
Fenix89
13 Followers