Dark Division - Dani Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, Dillon may have been the compromise, because fucker's dead in the walk-in. I told him to keep his head down. That lady Dani is not one to fuck with." The first voice came through from almost the same area and they heard glass clink.

"Those two head guys know her right? Said she messed up their last chance at this and now they were going to use her kid. I think she was supposed to be ex-CIA or something right?" The second man joined as they heard liquid being poured.

"Yep, and let me tell you, she looks tough as nails. But, she's as good as dead. They're going to leave her a note or something saying where her daughter is and then after she sees them fuck her up; it'll be goodbye mama bear."

"You're such a tool. Who says shit like that?"

Vince felt Dani's hand on his side digging in and looked over to see the anger in her eyes. He nodded and mouthed, "She's still alive," to her. Dani nodded back, but didn't remove her hand.

"And there's the rest of 'em now." The first man spoke once more as they heard cars pulling up in the parking lot.

"Jesus, that dude looks fucked up. Why is his head wrapped up like that?"

"Don't question. He's paying you well and when he takes over the planet or whatever shit we'll be in the top ranks. Besides, you don't want him as an enemy."

"I know, but the whole rotting thing is just disgusting. Smells like beef jerky or something."

"Such a fucking tool." The door opened ending their conversation as Vince and Dani stood ready. From the look on Dani's face, Vince wouldn't be surprised if she took them all out single-handedly, but he sure as hell wanted his share of these assholes.

"What? He's not coming inside?" The man behind the bar's voice caught them both by surprise.

"He will in a minute. He just sent us ahead to make sure that you two were still on the same page." A British accent suddenly came from the direction of the bar door.

"Of course, although killing Dillon doesn't exactly inspire confidence. He's the one that brought us in on this."

"Well, things must be done and Dillon was a loose end. The two of you; however, are not expendable at least if you brought everything that will be needed." The tone of the Brit's voice made Vince's skin crawl.

"We do, but if you kill either of us then you won't know where it all is." A bravado entered the first man's voice and Vince felt his finger itch at the thought of ending that false confidence once and for all.

"Come now, we're all amenable here. Just need to be sure everything is set up properly."

"It is. I've got the keys right here to the trunk and the rest is here in the bar. Just bring in the money and we'll get it all and we're happy to head to the ritual thingy with you." Vince smiled to himself. The man was clearly not a professional tipping his hand like that. A soft chuckle came from the Brit.

"I don't think you're presence will be required." In another instant, two shots rang out and two corresponding thumps sounded as the first two idiots hit the floor. Two less to kill for the two of them Vince figured, although tearing them apart would have been a pleasure.

"Should I have the rest come in and search the place?" A deep voice came from the direction of the doorway suddenly.

"Yes. But first take the trunk keys out and fill in the boss. He'll want to know that all the loose ends are tied. Oh, and Jeffrey don't tell him that he could have made this easier by not killing Dillon. He hates to be corrected if you know what I mean." The Brit said the words smugly and Vince released a breath waiting for the moment. It sounded like they all wouldn't be coming in so as soon as they got wind that Oz and Nick were there it was show time.

A few minutes went by as they listened patiently, hearing the Brit whistle some stupid tune. Then, things suddenly started moving very quickly. Vince looked down to his phone and nodded, mouthing that they had two minutes. She nodded back as they heard the bar doors open. Suddenly, the place was filled with a lot of foot falls. Vince felt his reflexes dial up as he waited to hear his partner and Oz come in. Somewhere in the background he swore that he heard the sound of the GTO engine, and it made him acutely aware of all the other noises in the room.

"Ok, fan out and search. We're looking for a green amulet on a long chain. When you find it, announce and let's get the hell out of here." The Brit spoke again, clearly he was in charge of the group.

Footsteps suddenly approached where they stood and they both shuffled down the hallway ducking behind bathroom doors that opposed each other. They were waiting until someone approached, hoping to take them out quietly if need be.

"And who the bloody hell do you think you are?" The Brit spoke again and it was just in time for a man to appear between Dani and Vince before attempting to duck into the men's room. Vince quickly grabbed him with a hand over his mouth and a knife to his throat followed. The man was left a bleeding mess on the ground.

"CIA. Now, are you coming in quietly or..." Oz's voice was clear from the other room and suddenly someone yelled and gunfire erupted. Dani and Vince flew from the bathroom and started firing at anyone in the way.

The bar was momentarily engulfed in gunfire from every direction. The agents were far better trained though, and far better shots. Dani herself had dispatched four or five guys before they even caught sight of Nick and Vince. In another few moments, the Brit was in Oz's grasp. His arms were firmly pulled behind his back and Nick and Vince went to make their way into the kitchen.

"I've got it!" An exclamation came from just beyond the door before another five guys flooded out. The gunfire resumed and Dani only saw from the corner of her eye as the Brit rolled Oz's arms around somehow and helped usher the young man, who had made the exclamation out the doors. They hunkered down shooting when they could on opposite sides from the door as they heard the van spin gravel outside and speed away.

"Damnit!" Dani yelled out before standing with Vince as they both fired at a few figures that had emerged from the back rooms. Vince turned suddenly at the sound of gunfire from off to his side and took out a guy that he had seen. It was all quiet suddenly and Nick gestured that he was heading into the back to do a final sweep. Vince turned back to Dani and froze.

"Fuck. I think I'm not okay Vince." The color drained from Dani's face in front of him and her body slumped to the floor. A second ago she had been standing next to Vince as he gunned down the last man in the room, who had come from seemingly nowhere. Now, the fight was nearly over.

"Dani?" Vince watched helplessly as the beautiful woman collapsed to the floor. His eyes drew wide and all the other sounds grew muffled as he dropped down next to her.

"I think he shot me." She coughed as she lay limp in his arms. Vince pulled her head onto his lap as he heard Nick proclaim the all clear. Oz was looking outside somewhere else and saying something, but Vince heard none of it.

"Vince? Hey, we have to go. The van left with the mummy guy and Lily." Nick ran around and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Lily..." The single word came from Dani's mouth as Vince watched her grow impossibly pale.

"Dani, hey come on perk up. I'll take you to a hospital, but you have to perk up." Vince shook her a little and her eyes flicked back open after a momentary closure.

"Oh shit, Oz, Dani's hit." Nick froze looking down. Blood was spreading over the fabric of Dani's shirt as he saw terror across his partner's face. In an instant, Vince was tearing off his white shirt and had it pressed to Dani's stomach. The blood seeped into the fabric in a shocking pattern as he held it there.

"Shit. Listen, you and Vince go, get Lily and kill that son of a bitch. I'll call someone to come take her to the nearest hospital." Oz went into triage mode instantly. Unfortunately, this wasn't the first agent he saw in trouble, or the first person he cared about.

"I can't leave her...I can't. Dani, baby, come on keep your eyes open." Vince put his hand to the side of her face.

"Vince, you have to...you have to save Lily. Please. Save Lily." Dani looked into his eyes, pleading with him. He was frozen, though, unable to move from her side. The woman he loved was barely moving and he couldn't leave her, not like this.

"I can't leave you. I can't...I can't lose you."

"Alright, help is on the way kids, now you two have to go." Oz hung up his cell phone and tried to suck it up.

"Vince, come on. Oz's shoulder is dislocated. He can't fight like you can. I need you man and we have to save the girl."

"Vince please." Dani's brow furrowed and he saw that look on her face that he could never refuse.

"Dani...I..." Her hand moved up holding the side of his face and he stopped just staring into those damn gorgeous eyes once more.

"You have to keep your promise Vince. You said you would help me anytime I asked, and I'm asking. Go...please save our daughter." He didn't know if she would die or not in his absence, but he knew she was right. He could never refuse anything Dani asked of him. Since the moment they met, he knew he would do anything for her and now he would do this.

"Okay. I will. I love you Dani." He leaned down and kissed her lips.

"I love you too Vince. Now, bring her back to me like I always came back to you." With those words he leaned down and kissed her forehead before gently laying her back on the ground and standing. He steeled his face and he and Nick walked out of the bar leaving Oz kneeling on the floor next to Dani.

"They're almost here kiddo, hang on." Oz tried to keep his voice steady as he watched the life leaving Dani's eyes. He needed her to survive as much as Vince did.

"I'll try Oz."

"Well, you better because you have a lot of explaining to do. Not the least of which is when you started messing around with that dolt." Oz tilted his head and smiled, praying that a little conversation would keep one of his favorite agents alive and kicking for just a few more minutes.

*****************************

12