Dark Sky Zone

Story Info
A public quickie between strangers under a meteor shower.
3k words
4.72
8k
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Working at Death Valley National Park as a night sky leader had been nothing short of a dream, honestly. Even on the most unremarkable clear night, Death Valley's sky was a spectacular playground of stars and space dust and planets. Each night for the entire winter, I brought a tour group deep into the center of the park to talk in the profound darkness about constellations, mythology, and conservation.

And tonight was going to be the most special cosmic event possible: The Leonids, a meteor shower that came only once every thirty or so years, was coinciding with a new moon. With Death Valley being a national dark sky zone, the views and educational opportunities were going to be a career highlight.

I dressed for the occasion, which I know sounds silly. Since I was volunteering for an event run by the state instead of the parks department, I didn't have to wear my usual stuffy, hot ranger uniform. During the day, I worked for the public school system as a contract teacher, running field trips to planetariums and bringing planetary models to science classes. That informed most of my wardrobe. So I wore a flowy skirt that ended right above my knees. Navy blue and covered in white constellations. On top, I toned down the teacher part and opted for one of the park's tees, sleeves cut into a tank top, with the bottom tied up to look cropped.

For my makeup, I went classic for the occasion. My black eyeliner spiked into a sharp point, but I added a layer of silver right above it to look like a shooting star. On my eyelids, I swiped a layer of shimmery dark blue over a nude base, careful not to make it too heavy. No lipstick. Never wear lipstick in the desert. You'll be flaky and constantly reapplying for hours. I checked myself in the mirror one last time before heading out of the house, pleased with how the outfit highlighted my curves. I hadn't been thin since I was a teenager on the soccer team, but I didn't mind. Thick thighs and full breasts suited me more than toned legs and abs had.

I left early to make sure I got there before any guests. There were other daytime rangers making sure people ended up at the right place, directing cars and families, but I liked to make sure my mic worked and everything well ahead of time. I parked my car in the closest staff lot and then swapped to a dune buggy, which we used to bring guests to the site. I turned it off at the perimeter of the designated meeting site, a quarter mile or so past where the road ended.

Nodding to some of my coworkers, I got a lay of the land. A few food trucks had permits for the event until sunset and they marked the edge of where guests could sit. Families spread out blankets to sit on and dug into picnic dinners, couples nestled up together, and kids ordered popsicles that dripped down their chins. It was kind of weird being alone among so many happy groups, but I was used to it.

There were a few single people dotted along the crowd, mainly in lawn chairs rented at the visitor center. I walked around to introduce myself to people and let them know what time we'd be starting in case they hadn't checked the website or signage in advance. When I reached one guy in particular, my eyes lingered a little too long and he gestured for me to kneel down by him on the blanket.

He wore golden aviator glasses that were fashionable, not dated, on his angular face. He had a blondish-gingery beard that matched long hair pulled into a bun on top of his head. The beard was trimmed along a sharp, rugged jawline. I found myself stealing glances at him whenever I could, my heart skipping a beat whenever our eyes met. There was an unspoken connection between us, and we were both aware of it, even if we wanted to deny it for a while longer.

His eyes matched the dusky blue sky. He had his own foldable telescope set up next to his blanket, which was held down by a small cooler, a book on meteor showers, and a spare jacket for when it got cold. The park made a killing off of people who didn't know how cold it got after dark, selling blankets for $49.99 a piece. My own jacket stayed on the dune buggy, locked up in a little box with the rest of my things.

Admiring his setup, I said, "I see you know what you're getting into here."

"Definitely. I drove here from Denver to make sure

"The Rockies are a dark sky zone; you would've had just as good of a time there," I chuckled.

"They don't have as beautiful educators," he replied, voice heavy with flirtation. "Can I offer you a drink or anything? I've got hard seltzers."

Blush rose in my cheeks. I didn't get hit on very often as an unapologetic space nerd. Not even my C-cups and round lips and wide hips could make up for that for a lot of guys here. Unsure, I replied, "Staff gets free concessions, but I appreciate it."

He persisted, eyes roving all over my body and face, "Then why don't you come and sit over here after your presentation is done? I've got the best view in the house for the shower."

I looked him up and down, too. For a clear fellow space dork, he had toned arms and strong legs. I pegged him as one of the guys who was just into the parks system as a whole: Biking, hiking, and climbing, yes, but also conservation, birding, and classes. Trying not to reveal too much hesitation in my voice, I said, "Sure. We'll see."

Before I moved to stand up, he stretched out his hand. "I'm Finn."

I shook his hand. "Dawn."

"Funny."

"I get that a lot."

Then, I stood back up, feeling his eyes on my skirt, and went off to do tech checks. I felt a mix of excitement and nervousness about the interaction with Finn. His flirtatious demeanor and genuine interest had caught me off guard, leaving me with a subtle flutter in my stomach. I was accustomed to being appreciated for my knowledge and passion for astronomy, but Finn's attention felt different--more personal, more intimate.

Even while I tested the microphone and ensured all the audiovisual equipment was in working order, my mind kept drifting back to our conversation. Finn's invitation to join him after the presentation was tempting, and I found myself pondering the possibilities. Despite my initial hesitation, there was a magnetic pull, a curiosity about where this connection might lead.

As the sun began to set, casting a warm golden glow over the desert landscape, the anticipation for the meteor shower grew palpable. The last rays of sunlight slowly faded, revealing the first twinkling stars in the darkening sky. I grinned at the excited faces of the visitors, their eyes fixated on the slowly appearing canvas of stars above.

As the night sky deepened, I took my position at the front of the gathering, welcoming the group and thanking them for joining this special event. I could feel the sense of wonder and curiosity radiating from everyone. That's why I loved teaching; there were always at least a few kids who were discovering their spark for science for the first time. The night was clear, and the Milky Way arched across the sky like a silver river, guiding our gaze toward distant solar systems.

"Welcome, everyone, to this magnificent night under the stars at Death Valley National Park," I began, projecting my voice through the microphone. "Tonight, we have a rare treat in store, as you all know. The Leonids meteor shower is a celestial spectacle that happens only once every few decades. And with the new moon providing us with an incredibly dark sky, we're in for a truly unforgettable experience. I'm Dawn -- yes, it's funny, it's okay -- and I'll be walking you through everything you can already see and will see before the shower begins."

From there, I pointed to various constellations, sharing their stories from different cultures and civilizations. The crowd listened intently, their eyes wide with amazement. As darkness fully engulfed us, the stars intensified, and the Milky Way stretched across the heavens, seemingly touching the horizon at each end.

I talked about conservation efforts at Death Valley National Park and the significance of preserving dark skies for both wildlife and stargazers. I encouraged everyone to be mindful of their impact on the environment and to support initiatives that aim to protect natural spaces without light and sound pollution. About twenty minutes before the shower was set to begin, I instructed everyone to turn off their phones and get comfortable. All light sources that weren't red were prohibited from there on out to reduce eye strain.

Instead of taking my own red flashlight over to the staff tent where my coworkers waited, I found Finn's blanket and sat down. Once the flashlight was off, we were plunged into the cool nighttime darkness. Unlike most nights, though, it wasn't jarringly silent. We played quiet music in the background so that guests didn't feel unnerved by the intensity of the silence. It could be scary if you weren't used to it.

"Shit," I muttered as my skin got colder after the adrenaline of speaking wore off, "forgot my jacket over by the guest tent."

"I brought an extra blanket," Finn said in a low, deep voice. "Don't worry."

He rummaged around. I heard him open the zipper of a backpack, the rustling of fabric, and him scooting back toward me. He threw the cozy fleece blanket over my shoulders and nestled in next to me. Our shoulders touched for the first time. Sitting down had hiked my skirt up a bit, so my mostly bare thighs brushed against his shorts.

As Finn tucked the blanket around my shoulders, he kept his arm around my back. Honestly, it felt nice. His arms were warm and sure. I nestled into his chest. There was no harm in snuggling up with a stranger at an event like this. If anything went sideways, we were in public, even if it was pitch dark and quiet. That fact alone heightened my sense in a different way, too. We were in public, but nobody could see us in clear detail. Nobody knew whether a moving shape was someone readjusting or a couple making out.

Finn gently rubbed his fingers against my upper arm. Even that small motion began to turn me on. Admittedly, it had been a while. Months. I had a crazy schedule that usually had me out from sunset to midnight and then up early in the morning. Dating wasn't something that was super accessible to me right now, and I was comfortable prioritizing my career for the time being. So a little bit of physical touch coming to me in my outdoor workplace was more than welcome.

He leaned in close and whispered against my ear, hot and tingling, "How come those stars are so spectacular and I just want to look at you?"

"You can't even see me," I teased back.

His fingers slipped from my shoulder blades to the small of my back, where they easily found the few inches of bare skin between my skirt's waistband and my shirt. He mumbled, "I can see everything I need to with my hands."

I chuckled, careful to be quiet. I was painfully yet deliciously aware of how exposed we were in this mix of public and private. "You use that line with all the girls you try to seduce under the Leonids?"

"Get back to me in another thirty years the next time I get a chance." He laughed softly and added, "And the meteors won't start for-" he checked his watch using a red flashlight "-another ten minutes."

"How do you suggest we fill the time?"

His fingers snaked around the waistband of my skirt to the front, brushing my navel. A line of goosebumps followed as he let a wisp of cold air into our blanket cocoon. When I let out a tiny, breathy gasp, he went to the hem of my skirt and lifted it up higher, toward my waist. His voice was hot against my neck. "I've got some ideas if you're receptive."

"I'm always interested in new ideas," I replied airily.

From then on, we didn't exchange another word, not even a kiss. There was no intimacy as Finn swiped my panties to the side. I was thankful he couldn't see the ugly cotton ones I'd gone for today. He sighed when he found my pussy already wet and wanting. His fingers dipped into my wetness and, once they were slick, began to rub slow circles over my clit. I leaned my head back and looked at the purple and blue and brown and indigo tapestry of the sky.

His fingers stayed at a consistent pace for a long while, just letting me ease into and then relish in the sweet pleasure. Cool air kissed its way along my neck and breathed down into my lungs. The darkness -- the only light dim and white from stars high above -- made every nerve in my body more sensitive. With his other hand, Finn reached across my body and under my tee, pulling one of my breasts out of its cup. He teased the nipple with not-gentle-but-not-hard flicks and rolls of his fingers.

As he increased the pressure of his touches with both hands, Finn realized from my squirming that I wanted my nipple pinched and twisted hard. The pain sent another wave of wetness through my cunt and he chuckled next to me. My pussy began to clench up. The stars brightened and swirled like in "Starry Night." The softest moan escaped my lips. Finn moved his hand from my breast to my mouth, keeping me from making any sound as I rode through the rest of the orgasm. I ground my hips against his hand until the orgasm began to subside.

When I'd finished, relaxing into the warmth and comfort spreading through my body, I reached over and felt Finn's cock hard and inviting. I looked around, instinctively, to make sure nobody was watching, and remembered that nobody would be able to see us even if they glanced in our direction anyway. Thankfully, he was wearing loose basketball shorts that I could easily slip his dick out of. It was large enough that I couldn't fit my hand all the way around it, and I was pleased to find that it was as long as nearly two of my fists.

I started to jerk him off, but Finn urgently grabbed my hip and tugged me in his direction. I listened to his cues. I carefully slipped my underwear down my legs, kicked them under his nearby backup, and got onto my knees. I straddled Finn and he took my waist in his hands, digging his fingers into my full hips. Once he felt my curves properly, I felt his cock get even harder beneath me. I rolled my hips backward and then forward until the head of his cock found my slick entrance. When he filled me, an immediate satisfaction flooded my entire body. I was wet and wanting from the orgasm and began to grind our bodies together.

He shoved my shirt up roughly and pulled the nipple he hadn't worked earlier into his mouth, between his teeth. I had to clench my jaw shut to avoid groaning out in pleasure. Finn dictated the pace of our fucking with his hands, urgently guiding me to speed up at a consistent pace until I could fill his thighs tensing and releasing beneath my own. I could tell it was taking everything in him to control his breathing; each breath had a strain to it that made me almost laugh at him and how badly he needed it. I wondered, absently, if it had been a while for him as well, but then he bit me harder, sucking too, and I was slammed back into reality

While nibbling on my breast, Finn reached over to where my hand was stabilizing me. He yanked it upward, forcing me to readjust, and moved it to my still-sensitive clit. The added sensation flamed bright as the stars. I touched myself, thrilled by the fact that it wasn't just a show for him here in the darkness, not just something to look at. The constant throbbing in my cunt became overwhelming as I came again. My cunt clenched around his cock over and over and over. The added tightness and wetness sent him over the edge. He was thrusting up into me as his cock erupted. Cum coated my insides, hot and slick, as he pumped a final few times. Each time, his cock thrust in tandem with the contractions of my pussy.

The first shooting star streaked across the sky, catching us both by surprise. "There it is!" Finn exclaimed, his voice filled with childlike wonder. We turned our gazes skyward, still entwined, watching as more and more meteors lit up the night like celestial fireworks. Their trails glowed brightly, leaving a fleeting memory of their passage through the atmosphere.

I crawled off of him, my skirt hiked up around my waist, his cum still dripping out of me. With every meteor that graced the sky, the excitement among the crowd grew, and the gasps and exclamations multiplied. Each shooting star felt like a personal gift from the universe, a reminder that there is something grander and more significant beyond our earthly concerns.

We fell into a comfortable silence, mesmerized by the celestial spectacle above us. The meteors continued to dart and dance, as if putting on a cosmic performance just for us. Time seemed to slow, and there was nothing else in the world except the shooting stars and the unexpected connection between Finn and me. As the meteor shower reached its peak, we huddled closer again, our fingers still interlaced, as if anchoring each other to this experience. With a contented sigh, Finn snuggled closer, and I could feel his heartbeat against my chest, syncing with mine.