All Comments on 'Dating Dad'

by levilx

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great till the end.

You wanted to know why i didnt enjoy this. Honestly, i enjoyed it very much. The slow build up, how vulnerable Jessica felt and then how loved she felt when her Daddy accepted her. But then it all went to hell at the end. First it was kind of disjointed and not very clear. I am assuming they were mugged, and her Dad was shot. But really it was kind of vague and so sudden and rushed that im not entirely sure what happened.

Youre a very talented writer and i would really hate to see such a beautiful story end in such tragedy. Hoping for a sequel where Dad was shot, but not fatally, and Jessica lovingly nurses him back to health. With plenty of love making along the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Did u just kill them really

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Was it a dream of nightmare?

I'm confused...but kind of like it.

levilxlevilxover 3 years agoAuthor
Feedback

Thank you for your feedback, I am halfway through writing part 2

Maybe I need readers to beta test so it does not become disjointed.

Feedback is awesome, I take every thing to heart, thank you.

steppinontoessteppinontoesover 3 years ago
Unfinished

I really hope you have more to finish this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Beautiful.

Apparently I have a thing for pain and longing. I decided I loved this story from when they "danced" through text, and found satisfaction before finishing the story. Very well written-- moving-- and I look forward to re-reading this and many, many more of your stories. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Seriously

The last 3 books/novellas I have read have ended on some kind of massive cliffhanger. And the next book is either not out yet or it's too expensive to buy or it's on audible. Who wants to listen to a book? Now this???? Is he dead? Is she dead? Is this a cliffhanger? There isn't any to be continued...written at the end. WHAT ???? TF???? Love the huge build up. HATE HATE HATE this ending. I don't even want to see if there is a next chapter because you will probably do this again. Or you'll end it here. I don't trust you now. I don't want to read you again. So f****** disappointed.

secretobsession1857secretobsession1857over 3 years ago
Why

you did a good job laying everything out they found love again, with each other after two years but then you end it like this with her Father getting shot there has to be another chapter

JustPervyStuffJustPervyStuffover 3 years ago
I liked it

I really liked the story. Your writing and how you described it all is amazing. Sure I wish it had a happy ending but, the way you have it makes sense with one of the things you were going for, reality always interrupts fantasy. That being said, I do hope you make a sequel. Though from the way that I perceived the story, the first few paragraphs where they're dancing together is happening "in the present" and everything else is Jessica telling the story of how they got there. Which means, if her dad was shot in the end, I deduce that it wasn't fatale and he makes a full recovery and they live a happy life together. Sorry about the long comment.

DNLCSDNLCSover 3 years ago
Beautiful

This story is beautifully told. I can feel every emotion of the daughters. The ending is tragic and almost brought me to tears. I look forward to reading more of your writings

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It was beautiful. You really know how to read and I enjoyed reading every bit of it. I mean, the ending was fucking sad but yeah, really well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I made it about halfway through.

Daddy daughter isn't my personal cup of tea. I thought it would be interesting to try, though.

I personally don't love a story being told in retrospect ("little did I know" type of thing) I prefer the story to stay grounded in the moment.

I also wish you would have gone into more details on what happened as they texted and called. Make it less abstract and montage-y

Still, cute story. I definitely like the premise

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous