All Comments on 'Daughters of Darwin Ch. 04'

by B_E_A_N

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
B_E_A_NB_E_A_Nalmost 5 years agoAuthor
An apology

Hey, everybody who liked my writing and then was disappointed to see me disappear right in the middle of my story.

I'm back. And this time, I'm staying until I'm done.

'Daughters of Darwin' is a story I've really wanted to tell for a long time. It's already finished in my head, I just need to write it down...

Man, that sounds so simple, doesn't it?

As a matter of fact, it should have been simple five years ago. I was in the middle of writing the chapter above when something happened in my life that was... distracting. Nothing really major, mind you, but I wasn't really able to be creative for, like, three or four months.

After that, I suddenly found that I wasn't able to pick up 'Daughters of Darwin' again. The story, the half-finished chapter - it was just sitting there, and I felt like I really didn't know what I was doing with it. It wasn't Writer's Block or something like that. I just couldn't really return to it.

And then I sorta forgot about it.

A week ago, I rediscovered it when I ported data fron my old computer to my new one. Mind you, I hadn't stopped reading Literorica stories in the meantime. I just hadn't written anything new that I could have uploaded here. But seeing that story again, and re-reading it, and thinking that I really hadn't done a bad job with it - that brought back all the memories. Everything I had planned with it.

I'm gonna do it. I'm seeing this through to the end. And I hope you'll stay with me.

Thanks in advance,

B_E_A_N

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomealmost 5 years ago

Life happens, Bean, welcome back.

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 4 years ago
Thank You!

Not just for your story, although it is wonderful and I'm glad to have discovered it, but also for sharing a little bit about the creative process. So often we start to follow a story on this site only to find it apparently abandoned and we never ever get to know ''the rest of the story.'' Fortunately for us, though, you're back and planning to finish so again, thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userB_E_A_N@B_E_A_N
Published writer of assorted smut. Self-published writer of crime novels. Not an English native speaker but loves the English language enough to express himself in it.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES