All Comments on 'Dave's Best Friend Floyd'

by PickFiction

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
YouamiYouamialmost 4 years ago

What a refreshing story with a novel plot and well drawn characters! Many thanks for this gem

kirei8kirei8almost 4 years ago
Fairly good story

But you really dropped the ball at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Jesus it's a mess

It read like Trump's tweets.

TajfaTajfaalmost 4 years ago

Nice one. Well done 4 stars

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 4 years ago
@Gatsby1977

Similar to his tweets for sure, your comment is funniest thing I've heard all day! Premise was good and author warned he was writing in a limited style, but needs polishing when writing from that perspective. Thanks for the effort.

joe105joe105almost 4 years ago
Great story

Not much sex, but great characters.

And in the end, Dave is a really smart guy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I didn't get the point of the story, . . .

but I'm glad many others did. I thought maybe he was going to lend him the $50K to start up a small business of some sort. Just giving someone that much money would change the nature of the friendship for most people, and not for the better. Sorry the plot or the moral of the story is over my head. But thanks for the effort.

SigintSigintalmost 4 years ago
I was with it,

But the landing...

****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Retarded.

That is all.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readalmost 4 years ago
Good story - 5*

Some just didn't get it. I liked the characters, it's nice to know that some realize what a good wife, a good friend and good life is really worth -- way more than 50K ... those that don't see that moral - well my condolences.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Jumpy

That was all over the place. Awful lot of just in time filler for a 2 page story. 1 Star.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 4 years ago

I really liked the story, gave you a five. Liked the writing style also. You captured how a fairly uneducated man might write, but you needed some misspelled words to give it a bit more realism.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 4 years ago

Why would you assume a plumber was uneducated?

ChcanyonChcanyonalmost 4 years ago
Driven2read nailed it

OMG- a story in Lit with a "moral". This author nailed it too! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE AREA THESE PEOPLE LIVE IN..........

But every place I've ever been or heard of in the United states, plumbers get paid a buttload of money for their work. And as mentioned before,just because a guy is a plumber doesn't make him stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Brilliant story

Great story, and quite different. I really enjoyed reading it. Great atmosphere and kept the reader wondering what was going to happen next. Thank you for sharing.

IFAFILHGIFAFILHGalmost 4 years ago
EXCELLENT STORY

Plumbers are skilled craftsmen..nothing second class about them... and your writing.. nothing second class about that either ...it took a real gentleman to not force her to have sex with him..it just wasn't right and I commend him for not forcing the issue... Good job ...5 stars

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago
Good story

A very good story. I'm sure Dave wouldn't have held Floyd to the bet, but it was good to see that Floyd was a good man in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nope

I really hope this story would get better. I skipped a lot of it hoping Iā€™d get an exciting ending and I get nothing. This would be a nice short story for Amazon. But I came here for more then that.

waratahwaratahover 3 years ago
Nice

could use a bit more dialogue

Thanjs

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 3 years ago

Great job holding character. Most of the time someone tries this they revert to normal speak after a few paragraphs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good well written well crafted story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

my problem with the story is the bet. Even a fake bet like that. You have one good friend that says if he wins he gets sex with his buddies wife. Real friends wouldn't even joke like that and let it get as far as it did.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 2 years ago

That was a very bright moment in my day. Loved it.

anubeloreanubeloreover 1 year ago

Not sure why this has the low rating it does.

Was it a stupid bet? Sure. But intent matters. And he was never going to go through with it, even if Floyd hadn't pulled his head from his ass. I liked it a lot. A refreshing story about good, flawed people being good to one another.

anubeloreanubeloreover 1 year ago

Not sure why this has the low rating it does, except perhaps for the inaccurate tag? There was no cheating in this story, that I could see. Maybe Trisha was willing to cooperate, but it didn't happen, and she didn't really want it to.

Was it a stupid bet? Sure. But intent matters. And he was never going to go through with it, even if Floyd hadn't pulled his head from his ass. I liked it a lot. A refreshing story about good, flawed people being good to one another.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
anubelore

The story probably lost a lot of five ratings with the wife stripping naked in front of friend. That went too far for some. The two couples getting naked with together seems to be comfortable thing so I imagine there was a lot of folks throwing the BS flag with author trying to imply the couples weren't already swinging.

If everyone is naked and friendly, there's little getting in the way of the mounting. The score is pretty good for a swinging story if it was that. They tend to range about 3.2-3.7.

deependerdeepender15 days ago

Well done. The both grammar and the diction were consistent and appropriate. The characters are well presented. Thank you very much.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous