David & Jessi Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

David said that the realtor lady was getting her coffee and refills for them as they spoke and would be at the table shortly and they would put the phone on speaker and have a nice discussion about price. Thom said he now wished he had of gone with them out there. David told him that it was alright as he was going to be coming out maybe even this weekend to attend a wedding. Thom was excited and congratulated them both and said that he would be there for sure and that they also needed to work on the framework for their Articles of Incorporation, which would have to done and signed in Colorado and also their partnership agreement, which would also have to be done in Colorado, so they needed to find a good Colorado attorney to represent them.

"Thom, here is a nice lady that has just joined us and her name is Rose and she is the realtor that showed us the facility I told you about and we are letting her know that the speaker phone is on and the recorder is working also. We are now going to start negotiations about a purchase price, so let me introduce you Rose to Thom, who is Jessi and my partner in this business. Now how much are the owners asking for this facility and what problems might we expect if we bought it as it is?"

"Thom, it is nice to talk to you and I am sorry we cannot meet right now. You have two very lovely and intelligent partners, but I guess that is why you have them, isn't it? Now, the former owners had that facility custom built and it was heavily mortgaged as they only had a small down payment and then borrowed more to furnish it and buy equipment, way more than they could ever pay back unless their business really took off, which it did not and then illness came into play and they defaulted big time and had to file bankruptcy. The bank is now the owner and is very anxious to recover some of their money. I am supposed to be working for the one that hired me, namely the bank, but in this case, I think I am going to work more for your interests. The bank started two years ago wanting $28 million for the facility and all they got was a couple of lookers and a lot of laughs. They now have it listed for $18 million and still have not had any serious lookers. You are the first real prospects we have ever had. Now that you know the story, and providing you are really interested, what sort of offer could I make to them?"

All was quiet for a minute with David and Jessi thinking numbers with neither of them wanting to embarrass themselves with some ridiculous offer. Thom said "Rose, we will make an offer of $12 million cash money. They will not accept it but then we can start to play hardball if need be. Now if you are really working for us, then know that we would be quite content with paying $15 million cash for it and we are prepared to close tomorrow, but know the bank won't be ready for a while, but we will keep pushing. When do you think we might get an answer back on our offer?"

Rose told him that she had some paperwork for David and Jessi to sign as corporate officers and also needed a check for some earnest money to take along. David said that he did not have a company check but he did have his personal checkbook and that would write whatever amount she said she needed to seal the deal. She took them back to their hotel and when they went in they went to the business lobby and sat down while she filled out the forms and then David gave her a check for one million two hundred thousand dollars, or ten percent of the offered price. She then left to go to the bank to present the offer to the president of the bank. She was almost dancing on air just thinking the 6% commission from this sale alone should keep her business going almost until her retirement time. She was overjoyed to say the least.

Just as David and Jessi was getting ready to go to her parents again, his phone rang and Rose told him that they were right and had turned down the offer but had made a counter offer that they would accept 16 million and Rose made a phone call to her daughter for a minute and then said that she had another offer from us for 14 million. Long story short, you hit right on the head and you just bought a $15-million-dollar facility. They said that all the paperwork was completed on their end and that they could close early the next week if need be. David told her to tentatively set the closing for the coming Monday as he and Jessi was getting married on Saturday and that Thom would be in for the wedding and would stay over for the signing if it was held on Monday. Rose said that she thought she could arrange that for them. She also told them that her agency not only sold commercial real estate, but had a fantastic list of beautiful homes worthy of owners like them and that with so many new people being brought in for the new company, she would be glad to almost dedicate herself as the company's private realtor for a while.

David thanked her and said they would talk to her again the next day as they had a commitment that evening they had to leave for and hung up and grabbing Jessi gave her a huge hug and kiss and said that they owned a building, or would on Monday and called Thom to tell him. He was ecstatic to say the least.

They left to go to her folks and were so happy. They discussed the upcoming wedding and he noted that they could not take a honeymoon for a few days due to the business and she said that every day was going to be like a honeymoon to her. And that they could take a trip together as soon as the deal was signed.

They got to her parent's home and found that her sister was also there and David chuckled at the prospect of the good natured sibling quarrels coming. When they went in, Debbie quickly came to David and asked if he would not rather have a sweet young girlfriend instead of an old and worn out one. This brought a snort from both Jessi and David and Jessi said she would be right back as she had to go to the car for her gun. Debbie hugged David and told him welcome to the family and that she had never had a brother before and looked forward to it. Jessi said that maybe she would let her live after all and they all laughed and then David and Jessi went into detail about the facility they had bought that day. Debbie looked at David wide eyed and said "You have that kind of ready cash just lying in a bank someplace?"

He answered as seriously as possible "Why, yes. Doesn't everyone?" and then everyone died laughing at the look on Debbie's face after he said that. She finally recovered and told him that he was as bad as Jessi was and that they were going to make her life miserable. That brought another laugh from them all.

David asked if Jessi's mom could talk to him for a few minutes and they went into the den away from the rest of the family, and David said that he really loved Jessi and had already dedicated his life to her and to loving and protecting her from anything and everything. Jessi's mom said that she appreciated that information and knew that Jessi felt the same way about him. David then said that he knew that it was almost time for summer vacation to be over and for them to return to their teaching duties. He said that Jessi had mentioned that she would love to write a book or actually several books and had several already outlined and that he would like to make the offer to supply her with all the equipment she might need to put them together and also that he would pay her whatever salary was needed to compensate for the loss of her income until her upcoming best sellers took off and stated paying her like they should.

"Are you for real, David?? Are you serious?? Do you realize what that might cost? Could you afford it? Why? Wow! I need to think. I need to talk to Jessi. I need to talk to my husband. I would have to hurry and quit so the school could find a replacement for me. I don't know. I am so excited I don't know what to do. Oh, why are you doing this?" and broke down crying. David got up and went to the door and called Jessi to come in for a bit and he went to the kitchen where Debbie and Jessi's father were enjoying a bowl of ice cream. Debbie dished him up a bowl and asked what was going on in the den with her mom and sister. He told her just a few family decisions and that her dad would be called in shortly he bet.

"What about me? I am still a part of this family and should be included in those discussions."

David told her that they did not concern her right then and that she was going to have her own things to think about real soon and she asked him what he meant.

"Jessi has told me that you are a really good soccer player and that you would like to go for a chance to pay with the big girls at Team USA, but that a shortage of money was preventing you from making the effort. If we can strike a deal, and right now Jessi does not know I am going to offer you this, and that deal would entail you completing your education up to and including a masters if that is what you want. I or rather Mountaintop Security Services will sponsor you to the tune of $50, 000 a year for now or more if necessary. And as pretty as you are and if you are as good as claimed, then you should have sponsorship and endorsement offers pouring in like Hope Solo who makes about 3 or 4 million a year in endorsements. Think about it and let me know."

"I thought about it and I accept. We can work out the details later. I am so excited. I have had offers to play for various teams but the money just wasn't enough to live and eat on. Thank you so much. Wow! I gotta go call a couple of my teammates. They aren't going to believe it. I can't either."

Jessi came back in and said that what he did for her mother was beyond anything any of them had ever imagined and it was greatly appreciated. Her mom would contact the school the next day and submit her retirement. She could not draw any retirement pay until she was 65 because she had not completed 35 years of service as yet, which would have let her start to receive her teacher's retirement at age 60.

Jessi also said that the wedding was set for Saturday afternoon at their church and that they had better contact his mom and sister and also Thom and then go get their license and see about a house, and then Jessi just stopped and looked wide eyed at him and said, "My gosh, I clean forgot. I have an apartment here in Denver that has not been used in several months now. We could stay there if you want for a bit. It would be a bit of a drive to the new office but about anyplace would mean one around here."

He told her that they could sure go and look at it the next day could then decide what to but do, but he did know that he wanted to get with Rose and find an executive style home in a nice area for them and their children to live for a long time.

"Children?? How many and what kind?"

"I don't know. 7 or 8 maybe but the sex doesn't matter." He answered smiling at her.

"Humm, how about 2 or maybe 3 instead??"

"Yeah, that does sound better, doesn't it?"

"You know it buster."

David said it was time for them to get back to the hotel as they still had a couple of calls to make and that if they could scrape Debbie off the ceiling that they would give her a goodbye, too. Jessi's father asked what he did to or for Debbie that had her floating on air and he told him to talk to Debbie and she could explain.

"When they got to the car and got in, Jessi turned and grabbed his head and turned it towards her and asked "You did it, didn't you?"

"I did and she is so excited, but I made a few stipulations like she has to finish her education for a start and then she has to bow and pay homage to me whenever she sees me for the first time every day."

"You are a brat and no you did not add that last part, did you, but I am glad you put in she has to finish her education. Thank you again, my white knight."

When they got back to the hotel, David called his mother and told her that his wedding was going to be on Saturday afternoon. That is this Saturday afternoon and that her and his sister need to get their reservations made for the trip and that David would make the ones for the hotel as soon as she told him their flight plans.

Then David said that he had something serious to discuss with her and also his sister, and asked her what she thought about moving to Denver to live and that he would buy her a house or a condo or whatever she wanted and set it up for her, and also the same for his sister. His mom said that the idea sounded good to her as she really had nothing to hold her there and was sure that his sister would feel the same way. They disconnected and he sat on the couch for a bit with Jessi and just hugged and kissed for a while and then went to bed. Jessi told him that her "problem would be over and she would be on the pill by Saturday, but that the pills might not be fully effective until the second month, so it could be a gamble to have unprotected sex, although the first week of marriage she would be safe and they could enjoy themselves immensely. He agreed to that.

They had a quick glass of wine and went to bed and had a good night's sleep.

The next morning, they awoke fairly early and went down to the hotel restaurant for breakfast and while there Jessi said that she would need a cook to help prepare meals and a maid for their house, at least a part time one if he was going to make her work all the time. He told no problem, on either score and that she would dictate her own hours much as he and Thom did as none of them would punch a time clock, and besides that having a part time cook and maid would give her the time she needed to do her business and also have a personal life.

While they were eating, his phone rang and it was Rose. He told her that he was going to call her after they finished eating to clue her in on needing her to find a nice executive home in a great neighborhood in which to live and raise a family and be able to enjoy the neighbors and life in general and that price was the lowest of priorities. Livability and safety was probably the highest. She told him that was why she was calling as she had just taken a listing for a home she thought would be perfect and that the current owner was also an executive and that he had recently been transferred to London for at least 5 years and the home was being offered fully and quite tastefully furnished and if they would like to see it, she had the key in her hand.

They told her to meet them there at the hotel dining room as soon as she could get there and they would go look at it. Before he could get his coffee refilled, Rose walked in smiling saying she was in the parking lot when she called as she was sure they would want to see the house.

David looked at her and said, "Damn, you're good!"

"Yes and don't you forget it either" and laughed.

After they finished their coffee they left in Rose's Escalade and drove to a beautiful housing area filled with homes that looked well cared for and with beautifully landscaped and well maintained yards. David thought the lawn service guys must love this area. Then Rose braked and pulled into the driveway of a fantastically beautiful split level home built on the side of a hill with what looked like the living area on the lower area and the bedrooms on the upper area. The home was like the rest of the area and had a beautiful yard that was quite large. He asked Rose how much land went with it and she told him there was 2.8 acres with it. Large enough to allow a passel of kids to roam and play without getting lost she said.

They entered and were amazed at the beauty of what they saw. Rose told them that one of the top interior designers in the Denver area had done the interior and it was all top quality and as beautiful as could be but at the same time fully functional and very comfortable. The same quality of design and comfort was kept throughout the house. There was a very nice study office combination and a large den and then there was a master suite and 4 other bedrooms, each with its own bathroom. Yep, definitely a maid Jessi thought and smiled.

"It is fantastic, Rose," Jessi said. "I bet the owner really hates to give this up and move to London. I hate London. The weather and even most of the people are inhospitable to Americans. No, I would much rather stay right her."

Rose told her that the husband had the same thought but that he had met and married his wife on a previous assignment to London some 20 years ago and she looked forward to returning home again for a few years.

David looked at Jessi and smiled and said that he thought his future wife kind of liked the house and so what were they asking. Rose said that since it had just come on the market the previous day that they would not be willing right then to do a lot of price haggling, but she said that they wanted $2.7 million for it. David said that was nice asking price but a little high considering, and that he would offer $2 million cash money for a quick sale. Rose told him that she did not think the owner would accept that as it was early in the listing, but that $2.2 or 2.3million might get it. They signed the offer papers and he gave her an earnest money check for $250,000 to try to swing them into accepting the offer.

Rose called and the owners hadn't accepted the offer but they did get it for $2.2 million even. Both of them were so happy and could close on it in about 30 or 35 days as it was still under mortgage and that would slow the paperwork to update the title and records.

David told Rose that she was going to be able to retire in another month or so because of them, and she said no way was she retiring, not as long as Mountaintop Security was moving people around, and asked how many more might be coming to Denver, and David told her that he was not sure but possibly up to 30 or so would be offered transfers and all the rest of the people would be local hires. She asked how many employees they might eventually have and he said he had no idea but that it could be hundreds scattered about the country and the world. It just all depended on how their business took off and stayed cutting edge. She told them that she sure did enjoy working with them and wished them the very best. Jessi invited her to the wedding and said that she could meet their other partner and that he was a bachelor and would also be looking for a house or a condo when he moved and besides, she could leave him some business cards to pass to the folks back home that would be moving to Denver.

12