All Comments on 'David: Survival and Adventure'

by lover1953

Sort by:
  • 192 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

Meh!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Very nice story, ‘lover’, thanks for posting it here. I’m kind of surprised at the comments blaming David for his first wife’s cheating. I think that’s a pretty misguided attitude. If she wanted another man she should’ve just divorced him. I guess that’s just too complicated for “Some” people to understand.

Idiotas! Cinco 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

So another story of a negligent husband who thought that he could ignore the needs of his wife and there would be no consequences.

Sure she could have remained faithful, but really what was she depriving him of?

It seemed that the MC's main gripe was that he thought she didn't want him anymore, balg blah blah, if only he'd communicated and accepted his role in the debacle maybe they could have worked it out.

Far too many single minded career focused partners drive their relationships onto the rocks. Very few of them learn from their mistake and change their behaviour.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNutabout 1 month ago

Interested in the motorcycle travel section of this story. Fooled by the Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman fantasy Long Way Round, many are convinced that large pseudo off-road bikes are the tools of choice for these ventures. While they are very good for developed world tarmac based jaunts, smaller, older carburettor based bikes are more suitable for dirt road and third world adventures. Most of us wouldn't have a support crew following us.

The Germanic adventuress could be most closely based on Lois Pryce, and while Lois would be the first to confess that her mount for her first big journey could have been better, the Yamaha XT500 used is a relatively small bike, and she has used small bikes ever since.

Nick Sanders used a large bike for his round the world record-breaking run, but only sleeping every 3rd day is a bit hard core for most of us.

The motorcycling couple Kevin and Julia Saunders use large Triumph Tigers now, but I think that is just a sponsorship gig for them.

Lois Pryce's husband Austin Vince is a big fan of smaller off-road bike touring. It was his brother's Gerald's idea and is explained in clips you might well find on YouTube. Basically, your chances of travelling at 80mph plus are limited and the difference between travelling at 80mph and 60mph isn't too great, whereas trying to haul a monster off-road bike out of mud or gravel is beyond most of us. A light bike can be easily recovered after a low speed spill. After a high speed spill you are more the greater concern.

My own point of seeing fault was the mention of a gas powered stove. Gas powered stoves as in propane or butane are 1st world toys and even in the 1st world are still toys. Bulky because of the separate fuel supply, they are also just toys even in the 1st world because of their fragility or friability. Modern uber light petrol (gas) or multi fuel stoves can be a bit fragile too. I have a love for old 1/2 pint kerosene stoves, but to gain the flexibility of using the same fuel as the bike a Svea 123 or an Optmus 8R Hunter or 111 Hiker would be the stove of choice.

If any of you get the chance to see a talk by Austin, he is a delight and used to give the money from his talks to the Trail Riders fellowship, not yet seen a talk by Lois.

Is this possibly the first ever review of a Loving Wives story based on its motorcycle adventure riding content?

Beyond the motorcycling content, quite a good story. I'll accept the lack of action on a divorce or other from the MC. The break-up of a marriage can throw men in all directions.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 1 month ago

Diane: "Oh drat. I know my husband has found out I'm a cheater and has left me because of it. And I sure do want him back so we can live happily ever after. You don't suppose he'll mind if I *keep* cheating while hoping to get back with him, do you?"

(Anyone who's not stupid): "Did you leave the hospital before they *replaced* your brain during the brain transplant?"

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Put the bikes on a trailer behind the RV! Great way to explore.

Harvey8910Harvey89103 months ago

This was a great story. I loved it and give it 5 stars. Lover 1953 told us that it did not have a lot of sex in the story but it had life in the story and that was so much more important. Diane was needy and she wanted more attention than Dan was able to give her. Instead of telling him about it, she started having an affair with Darrin, a married man with a wife and two children. She never considered the consequences of having that affair would be with regards to David. She thought she could smooth things over with David and still be able to stay married to him and have a family with him. But she was wrong. He was done with her after learning that she hid her affair with Darrin for two years before he found out about it. Then, David met Emma while traveling and they fell in love. They both had separate lives and had to decide if they wanted to be together or not but they decided they did want to be together. Then Emma was pregnant with twins. She accepted David’s proposal of marriage after his divorce from Diane was final. They are off to a wonderful life and marriage. This is the stuff that life is really made of. The sex is tangential and very important but it is a mistake to live for sex and make sex the most important thing in your life. Wonderful story. Loved it!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Loved the story! 5 stars. Most realistic story to how I felt about it!

Albeit, I do see that Darren Ranger should have had his wife notified about his infidelity.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good story, but I didn't like that the evidence was never sent to Darrin's wife. Also, at the end it missed Diane reaction to the news about her ex's expected twins. These elements would have made it a 5.

SatyrDickSatyrDick5 months ago

[David Bowie Day 2024]

Wunderbarr!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Darren Ranger walked away scott-free? Why?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

If husband is that unavailable for wife then wife is not completely to blame.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

5 Stars on a great story . I also love to travel . I have been all over south east Asia and Mexico and Brasil . I have also visited a couple other countries . Life is good when you have seen the rich and the poor pats of a country

Xzy89c1Xzy89c16 months ago

Odd a Canadian bases stories out of Albany

someoneothersomeoneother9 months ago

A very long story about really nothing interesting unless you like travelogues. I do not find David at all likeable and he did not take care of his wife which caused wife to cheat. I do not understand where David had the funds for his year-long escape from the world. Also, why didn't David immediately file for divorce, but continued the marriage. Really made no sense.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft9 months ago

Very enjoyable story. David and Emma are quite likable. The evolution of their relationship was a fun read. Personally, I appreciated the many details of the story — they made it much more authentic to me. I also enjoyed the pace of the story. Some relationships are forged quickly after a few intense events. Stories like that are sprints. Stories like this one are more of a long distance run, and grow organically over months. I don’t ride motorcycles myself, but enjoyed the long, vicarious ride with the MCs. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I enjoyed this one. Yes there are a few errors but that happens and unless the writer has an editor and proof readers it's something that should be accepted. It didn't spoil a very well written story. Looking forward to reading more of your work. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I enjoyed most of it. There was obviously a lot of research. And there were not too many repetitions.

But please ask someone to read through your writing before publishing. I hate seeing, for example "I could care less", which is ridiculous and means nothing at all. And also " different than" instead of "different from". You must know someone who writes correct English and would be all too pleased to help you out.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The book started a little “jumpy” going back and forth but settled down nicely. A five for me. Thanks for sharing it.

HassieHassie9 months ago

Thanks sharing this excellent story. I enjoyed it immensely.

pjpbpjpb10 months ago

Husband somehow learns about affair, wife wants him back and yet immediate reaction is 'I have needs', continue affair and/ or one night stands? Come on, with wife that crazy opening line should have been 'I have no idea how my ex-wife graduated high school, he has always been dumb as rock'. Too far...

FluidswallowerFluidswallower10 months ago

Another well-written, captivating tale. Again, I really like the POV style you incorporate in your stories. Thanks for another very enjoyable read!

GymShortsGymShorts11 months ago

Fantastic. Nice fell good story. The three stories I've read of yours so far have all been great, thanks for writing.

oldtwitoldtwit12 months ago

Not bad, it appears to me that you have cut and pasted some of this between stories you write, I like the plot line but feel just to much fluff is put in, but thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Delusional wife. Two year long affair. Once every week on a regular basis, sometimes twice. Somehow the husband and Darrin's wife have zero clue. When MC learns truth, he doesn't pull plug, just waits for her to end it. She doesn't. He coukd have given a power of attorney to LeAnne his lawyer and started divorce proceedings after hr left Albany, filing for adultery. Nothing nada. He waits for her to file? Wtf? No he has to deal with the delusional bitch when he gets back. Woukd have liked to see more of where she ended up at the end. She was mentally diseased thinking what she did was no big deal.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

For a doctor David was just about as dumb as they come.... his wife was having an affair for over 2 years, he finds out several months ago and doesn't say one thing hoping she will quit.... that's dumb enough.... but no, he's even dumber by leaving before he files for divorce and then has to put up with that hassle after he gets back.... maybe he's just a masochist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well done. Multiple points of view handled well. I would have preferred some consequence for the man his wife cheated with.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

There are very few authors, I can think of just one, who successfully pull-off the multi-narrator format on this website. Too many keep trying it.

servant111servant111about 1 year ago

Very nice all the key points of a good tale are there. Great job.

5 stars

biggoomba3biggoomba3about 1 year ago

Awesome story. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well written, only a couple of errors and a great storyline. No violence, no hatred, no revenge just a decent man meaning a decent woman and falling in love. What could be better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks for a well written storey - a bit too long winded though for my tastes. The changes between the characters seemed to work well.

l0ver0tical0ver0ticaover 1 year ago

What a great read! 5 stars!

LechemanLechemanover 1 year ago

Great story, loved it!

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 1 year ago

Your stories are too similiar

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just needs some payback on Darrin to push it over the top.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Awesome story, well written and a pleasure to read. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story quite realistic and the only revenge was moving on and living well! 5 Stars

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

It was good but Diane was too vanilla she needed more exposition just to flesh her out as a character. The sense of entitlement someone has to have to cheat on someone for two years. I admit that just fucking off was funny though I would of cleaned out the accounts it's his money as well as hers so rightfully could spend it on whatever the fuck he wants.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What do doctor's call motorcycle riders? Organ donors. My doctor got rid of his after 3 injuries. After fixing me up twice mine went

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked the story a lot. There were times when it rambled on a bit, I think it could have benefited from an editor.

That said, I really liked the story so I have to give it 5 stars. Thanks for sharing, lover1953.

Diecast1Diecast1over 1 year ago

Love the story, it is great. AAAAAA++++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is my third time reading this story and I enjoyed every second. The best revenge is living well, and David is certainly doing that. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Agood story about a man cheated on by his wife but moving on to find himself and fortunate to find a good woman with good values. Fortunate was I under somewhat the same crircumstances. A wman who wasn't happy and wanted someone better looking or something She left me with our two girls saying I could support them better than her (really it left her free to fool around) Later I remarrried a good woman with four great kids amd the mariage lasted 40 years. Fortune smiles on us sometimes we just have to realize when it happens and take advantage of it. Good story, 5 stars.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
If

If she is talking to David,after he got back home,why did she need to get her friend to check up on him again?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Travel adventure but really not LW.

lukeshortlukeshortover 1 year ago

2nd or 3rd reading. Still a 5✨.

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzonealmost 2 years ago

I liked this story and all of your stories, you are a good writer with unique ideas and detailed plot lines. Thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ditto! to Monagamous_Now.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowalmost 2 years ago

Nice! The best 'revenge' is a life well lived.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice story.

Ed

clearcreekclearcreekalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed the story. Always fun to have a motorcycle in the story. 5

A_BierceA_Biercealmost 2 years ago

Detail seems to drive off impatient readers. Detail draws me in to the story and the characters. This was a first-rate story, worthy of praise and ultimate marks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good tale I seem to be liking your stories more and more Look FWD to the next one (jaybee186)

fishgetterfishgetteralmost 2 years ago

Why do writers waste time and PACE (of story) to tell how many ccs or horse power a vehicle has? Why, keep writing about how many streets it is to a destination, how the MC was such a nerd. or sportsman, how the tire pressure is to be whatever, as examples of wasting read time and space. Who gives a flying fuck if a street has an appealing 'feel' to it? This author is NOT guilty of all these transgressions, but he is guilty of many, in other stories. I usually have to get to the end of the page and skim the others to hide a lot of unnecessary BS. Thanks for writing the stories you do, I shall still read/skip along. 5 STARS any way for this effort.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 2 years ago

Short Addendum

Complement and Compliment are not two ways to spell the same thing.

There are times they will fit in the same place of a sentence, but that

would give the sentence an entirely different meaning.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 2 years ago

Second Read

Yep, Darrin got extended in the story in the worst way. He got a brief scare,

then got back in Sweetie’s (still married) saddle for an indefinite number of

twat trips. Letting his wife know how much of a scumbag he was would have

been, in the long-run, the best thing Hubby coulda done for Darrin’s wife

AND kids!

The other part of that same story is that, somehow during their last

conversation, Hubby shoulda torpedoed Sweetie with something like

“ You say you want us to get together again. How many days since

Darrin last fucked your ass?”

CaedynCaedynalmost 2 years ago

I really enjoyed that story; the parts about traveling in Africa made it unique, and I like how the MC got his revenge, by living life well. Thank you for sharing your work!

dewinsludewinslualmost 2 years ago

Great story! The story held my interest and I loved the ending. 5 🌟🌟🌟🌟 😃

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

My God that was awful. He went here and there and then another place and then another. It's meaningless drivel. They don't advance the plot. The only thing they do advance is your word count. A 26k word story only means wasted a shit ton of time writing unnecessary words that do not advance the plot nor add to character development.

This was a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Darrin walked away, unscathed, free to cheat, again! Four *s.

usaretusaretabout 2 years ago

Nice story, held my interest throughout.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Good story spoilt by multi-narrator format

Great ideas that would work much better for you with a single narrator especially as they all have a similar voice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story. Just missing some payback on Darrin.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story. What a trip and change of life

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

great story, happy ending, a little long

mac1729mac1729about 2 years ago

Another good story, I half expected Diane was also shopping for baby furniture as she was pregnant by who knows which guy

The_Winter_WitchThe_Winter_Witchabout 2 years ago

gods people grow up, good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Best revenge - a life lived well!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story. Would have been nice to get some payback on Darrin and hear some final regrets from Diane, but still a solid 5. Thank you!

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

I really loved the story. It started out a little depressing, but grew into a happy ending. Thanks for writing.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 2 years ago
Nice Progression

...both in the pace of the story and in the skills of the author. Still too many commas breaking up sentences unnecessarily, but in general, the flow of the prose is on a clear improvement slope as this author works toward perfection. Thanks to lover for his editing efforts. I feel personally complimented when an author spends the time to make their prose smooth and easy reading. Here's a return compliment, lover.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story and mostly good grammar except for the occasional "me/I" and "lie/lay" mistakes that nearly every author on LW succumbs to. Here is a a suggestion to improve your already good work:“Time-of-day” and “go-to-hell” is a waste of hyphens.

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

Great story with a happy ending 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Very good story, and I enjoyed reading it from multiple points of view. I hope David sent his proof to Darrin’s wife, as I think both cheating partners should suffer equally. The travelogue was good, but I’ve been to Africa and ain’t going back. Those damn flies drove me nuts. Good solid read as I would expect from this author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story

pummel187pummel187over 2 years ago

Wonderful story... I know just what Emma means when she said "she likes feeling her husband's body against hers naked" (not a man's body but a woman's) lol....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A really good story. I'd love him to alternate time doctoring in 3rd World and 1st. Not as easy though with wife and children. But there might be a way....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I agree with flawed......yes you are flawed. The bike was shipped from Cape Town, the tip of Africa not Germany. It was shipped by boat not flown. So, several months to arrive is possible. Not to mention the up to six weeks kept in quarantine by customs. The divorce would have taken 6 months if Diane had fought it. She signed the papers father her meeting with David, so it would take up to 3 months to complete. I’m guessing that since it was accepted by both and due to the long term separation. The courts just rubber stamped it and it was final within the same month.

But. Really it is just a story and a very good one that someone put a lot of effort in to provide some enjoyment to the readers. No need to nit pic minor timelines that have no real Consequence on the story. Enjoy it or not, thank the author for the effort and move on. Or as he mentioned in the beginning, write your own story so that readers like yourself can take shots at it that are undeserved and really in bad taste.

While I don’t agree with how long he waited to dump the whore. I would have dumped her as soon as I had proof that she was a slut. The rest was really fun to read and an adventure all in itself.

So all in all I would give it 5 stars for the effort. Reading it was time well spent.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Flawed

What language,did he use to speak to the German receptionist?.It doesn't take months to ship a bike from Germany to the States.He had to wait six months when he got home for his divorce,so how come Emma was only three months pregnant when he went back to Germany?.

OnethirdOnethirdover 2 years ago

Nice telling of this familiar story arc. One thing that I particularly is him saying how sexy he thought her German accent was. So many people say “German sounds so harsh”, and I usually reply, “I bet if you saw a beautiful woman speaking it you’d reevaluate that.” It’s a common stereotype that all Germans sound like Sgt. Schultz from Hogan’s Heroes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good stuff

danbo56danbo56over 2 years ago

no BS from me i enjoyed it 5 for me great story plenty of detail keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Now you get zhe Extra Points from Germany, you know?

Sehr Gut, wunderbar Fünf Sternen, ve liked zhe story 😜

tizwickytizwickyover 2 years ago

Well done 5 star effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

For me this was a toss up between a 4 or 5 star story. Four because the beginning had too much detail about things that didn't effect the main plot. Five because the images of their travel together was so realistic and you let them develop from friends to lovers in a believable time line. But best for me was being at the Frankfurt Flughafen. Suddenly I was going down to the bahnhof where you can catch a train to almost every part of German and the only thing you need to worry about are the panhandlers who only need 15 or 20 Euros to their ticket back home.

Emma's big surprise for David was a bit too obvious but what the hell, it was the icing on David's cake.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dear god but this was boring as hell.

icebreadicebreadover 2 years ago

I enjoyed it and gave it five stars. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I stopped reading it. No, I cannot do better, or as well. In fact I appreciate the effort, so thank you for the contribution. Suggestions:

Most importantly, shrink things up. It was just too slow and drug out. The added detail feels just that- added details. Somehow, and I’ve no idea how, the better writers weave descriptions in so organically things just flow into transparency.

Next, I felt no connection to David or really any of the players. I’m not sure, maybe each needs more emotional range, maybe meeting his perfect woman was too easy, perhaps character development is just weak. I suppose if I could write I’d have better suggestions, but I’m doing the best I can to help.

A final thought: How did he tour Africa for three months and I feel like I know more about his taste in bikes? Is the saying “write about what you know” proving itself maybe?

I’m fairness this is above average. I expect this will settle into something like a 4.2. Hardly “bad”, just not great yet. Keep working on it, props for even trying!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I know you have been called out on these two points by commenters on other of your stories but if you are going to set a story in the US (Albany New York - the state capital) we say mom not mum, and we would say 'we met in college' and not 'at University' unless you were specifically naming the school (e.g.: we met at Duke or SUNY-Albany). I can also confirm another commenter's statement that there is no IKEA anywhere within 100 miles of Albany NY, Paramus NJ being the closest.

Learn when to use commas. There are way too many in inappropriate places.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Like Me most guys here have not written a story here .. I gave this Story 5 stars . I thought you did really well . Did you make some mistakes ?? Yes but that be cut down as you write more . My wife also cheated on Me for almost 2 years . Maybe her and Diane should get together and see who can have the most guys in 1 Month .. I am betting heavy on my Ex

Rocky62Rocky62over 2 years ago

One complaint…. Africa?? Got a death wish. Trump was somewhat correct about the state of some other countries.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

Excellent story about life.

xhristianjxhristianjover 2 years ago

I was trying to think what it was about this story that was so frustrating and I think it was the fact that reader is never really engaged emotionally to anything that's happening in the story? The narrative reads like a journal excerpt it's all so clinical and sanitized that you end up just not giving a shit about anyone in the story.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 2 years ago

Good story, but far too much of an ‘African Travel Guide’ which made it too long. But it’s your story and it is DIFFERENT!

Keep writing………cd

SlithyToveSlithyToveover 2 years ago

Very nicely done -- well written, with a lot of originality. Loved announcing his death as a husband, and the cycle trip in Africa was nicely done, and though I'd dispute that it's as safe as anywhere else, at least in a number of places, it's certainly true that most there are very much just living their lives same as anywhere else. There are a few places where I'd have liked you to linger a bit more, and it was pretty obvious what Emma's news was going to be, but this story was always less about the destination and more about the journey. I look forward to your next offering!

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

A beautifully told story that was easy to empathize with. I especially liked your travel report!

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 2 years ago

Loved it. 7 stars. The Bear approves. For those who thought it was too long, old joke: The Paris to Dakar race was going to be canceled one year. Seems there were bad guys robbing, kidnapping, and killing foreigners. The organizing committee approached the major manufacturers about canceling. Peugeot said that sounded good to them, to be safe, Fiat agreed, and Renault thought the same thing.

They went to Mercedes Benz and asked them what they thought."Well, we can put the turrets and machine guns back in, and upgrade the armor plate. I don't see a reason to cancel.

The BEAR

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlover1953@lover1953
I made some changes and edits to John: How to save a life, and submitted it for posting.'s (It's not up yet) I cleaned up some of the mistakes and tried to make it a tad more readable. Pending Purgatory has ended and it's posted - hope you enjoy). I've been doing a review of...