David's Journey Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I look at the picture and have to agree. Maybe that was why I couldn't get forgiveness earlier or couldn't talk to her. Because I was closed down to her. Was I non-receptive because I was hiding? Was I hiding from my past?

As I contemplate and watch Caroline, I can hear her phone ringing. "Babe, your phone is ringing, you remember where it was put?"

Her face lights up and runs to the bedroom. As I start putting the stuff back in the box, I notice the letter. It was never opened. I open it and pull out the sheet of paper. Dreading what I'm gonna find in it. I start to read it.

"David, I want you to know, I don't blame you for my sister's death. It was an accident that could have killed anyone. The way my mother says it though, telling everyone that you should have driven and picked her up and that her death is on you, I know for a fact that both of you would have been killed. I have told her that myself, but she doesn't want to listen to me. I have missed talking with you. I know the pain is too much for now, I do hope I get to talk to you before long though. I will have my new number at the bottom of the page, I just hope you get this message before too long.

Love,

Anitra

P.S. Call when you can. I will always answer for you.

I run upstairs and grab my phone, not even paying attention to Caroline talking and run back downstairs. I head outside, and dial the number, hoping beyond hope that it's her that answers.

As it rings, my nerves become rattled the longer it rings.

A: "hello?"

D: "Hi, is this Anitra?"

A: "No, my name Is Dwayne, Anitra is my wife, who is this?"

D: "My name is David, I don't know if Anitra told you about me, we were best friends in college, her sister was my girlfriend. If she is around? I really need to talk to her."

A: "Hold on a minute, she is putting our youngest down for a nap, I'll let her know you're on the phone."

D: "Thank you."

After a minute or two, I can hear a woman's voice in the back and a squeal. I smile knowing that squeal can only come from one woman.

A: "DAVID!! OH MY GOD, Is that really you?!"

D: "Yes, it's me, Ani." Using her college nickname I gave her. "Been awhile, hasn't it?"

A: "Too damn long, why didn't you call me when you got my message?"

D: "It was packed away with some of her stuff, I couldn't bring myself to go through it for a long time. It was too painful."

A: "So what brought this on, that you can go through everything now? You also sound a lot happier? Please tell me you found happiness again. I know my sister would have wanted that for you!"

D: "Long Story, but yes, I found happiness again. I have 2 women who love me, and I finally saw T'Keyah forgive me. I saw her with my ring on and on the 2 women I'm with now as well. She told me she loves me and we will see each other again. It felt like a whole planet had been lifted off my heart!"

A: "About damn time! You have been grieving for far too long! I know my family didn't help with that, ESPECIALLY my damn mother. Wait!! You said TWO WOMEN? Plural? How?"

D: "Another long story, but I rescued a woman and helped her to a hospital. We talked and became fast friends. After awhile she introduced me to another woman, her only friend and we all hit it off fast and heavy. Ani, I feel the same about these two as I felt and feel for T!"

A: "Well I'm happy, you deserve it Dave. After all the shit you went through, the heartache above all, It's about time you got a better draw in life! I want you to keep this number in your phone, Dave. You will always be my friend and I will be there for you as much as I can be. Ok?"

D: "Thank you Ani. Don't think I didn't hear you call me Dave either, you know I hate that name! Then again, it's from you. You and your sister were the only ones who could ever call me that and get away with it! Ani? I have always thought of you as my sister, I hope you can let me be your brother, even after all that has happened and the time that has passed?"

A: "Of course! You have always been my bro. ALWAYS. I was just sad you never called me until now. I am sorry for how I acted in college though. I should have leaned on you instead of pushing you away. I was dealing with too much and my family on top of everything. You know mom never liked that T was dating a white man. She kept her mouth shut most of the time, but we never heard the end of it. Don't ask me why, even to this day, I have no idea. Listen Dave, I have to go, my other two rugrats are home and I need to get to supper. Please keep in touch, will you?"

D: "I will Ani, I will. Thank you, more burden has been taken off me. You don't know how much of a relief it is you don't hate me. Now get going! Talk to you later."

A: "Later Davey boy!"

As she hangs up, I can hear her laughing. Only she gets to call me that and get away with it. I chuckle at the thought of her starting that again. It feels wonderful having my sister back in my life and that she never blamed me.

Caroline came downstairs with her phone in hand. "Well, guess what? Jess is coming with the kids, so you'll get to meet them for lunch." She notices me with tears and a smile, "David, you ok? What happened?"

I've got the biggest smile I can ever have, "I just opened that envelope while you were upstairs. It was a message from Anitra. She had left that when I packed up all T'Keyah's things and when you went through it, it fell out. I called the number that was on it, hoping it was her. IT WAS! I just talked to my sister again after so long. This day just got so much better! She never blamed me for her sister's death. She was hoping I had called her so long ago. But it was like no time had passed at all."

Caroline was smiling. "Oh Honey! I'm so happy! You're finally getting the family you deserve. In a way, I'm kinda glad you didnt find it until today. The letter I mean. That meant that Jessica and I got the chance to meet you and fall in love. Now I need to go shopping for a bit. More people means less food for all. I'm gonna pick up more potato salad and beans. Do you want anything special?"

I think for a moment, "I think some Ice cream, maybe a mix. Chocolate, mint and some vanilla. Some Root Beer as well for some root beer floats for all of us. I think the girls will love that."

"Oh they would absolutely LOVE it! Good thinking, sweetheart! But what about you? Don't you want something special?" she asks.

I smile at her, "I've already got the something special I want. I don't need anything else. While you shop, I'll get things ready here and clean up as well." As Caroline turns around to get ready to shop, I swiftly slap and grab her ass. Making her 'yelp' and glare at me as she walks away.

As I hear her pull out, I look around and start working in the kitchen to get things ready for Jessica and the kids when they get here. I lay out the steaks and put some Cajun style rub on them, both sides of course and let them sit for a bit. I pull out the potato salad and baked beans and pour them into a large dish each. I grab large spoons as well. I pull out a fold up table and put it outside on the patio, by the door. I fire up the grill and let it heat up. I make sure I cook them all the way so the kids can have a taste as well.

Just as I get all that done and start cleaning the living room and kitchen, I hear the garage door and walk out to see Caroline pull in. As the car gets shut off, I close the garage door and walk over to the car, to help her out. Then go to the back door and get the groceries.

I see she got extra soda, tea and some bottled water. Just as we get into the house, I hear another car pull in and walk to the front. I frown when I see it's a police car. I call Caroline and we both walk just outside the door. Caroline knows about the videoudio setup and we wait for them to get out.

I see only one door open and it's the female officer only. I lean over and whisper to Caroline that her name is Officer Ruiz and that her partner is not here. This is odd.

We wait for the Officer to come closer. "Mr. Saris, may we talk? I think this is important and I would like to talk to you about what you asked me last week?"

I look at her with suspicion, "let me tell you right now, I want the full truth and I don't truly trust the police department either. So if we talk, it will be recorded for me and my girlfriend;s safety. Is that ok with you?"

She looks at me and I swear I saw a bit of hurt there in her eyes. "That's fine. I want you to know though, that when I reviewed everything, I pulled up some shocking photos and evidence as well about the police force and about a certain person."

"Come in then. Can I get you a drink, Officer?" I ask, hey gotta be polite, honey gets more bees than vinegar as they say!

"No thanks, I'm fine. I see you're having a party? I hope I'm not interrupting anything?" Ruiz interrogates.

"Not yet, hasn't started, we are waiting for the rest of them to come." I pull out my phone and start up an app, I press a few buttons and my audio ideo recorders start recording in the living room. "You have information for us or is this something else?"

Ruiz looks at us and clears her throat. "You could say this is sharing of information, but also a warning. The information I dug up shows that Jessica has been beaten multiple times and unfortunately, she was hit several times last week while at home. Her husband is getting increasingly jealous and violent. His family is trying to protect him, that is another piece of information I got but had to suppress myself or I could get fired. This family isn't all that good. I wouldn't say corrupt exactly, but connected, if you catch my meaning. I have the evidence in a file on this flash drive." She hands Caroline a small flash drive at this point. "That drive is the only thing that is worth more than this town. It can get me fired, or killed. As well as both of you. Be careful!"

I look at the officer and see a hint of fear and, is that respect? "Officer, why are you doing this?"

"I'm doing this because I like you, David. You helped someone and saved their life. I saw the photos the hospital took. I saw the doctor's reports as well. She would have died if you hadn't been there. Someone like that is rare. My life was saved as well by someone when I was a child, yet all I see nowadays are people with so much apathy, they wouldn't even spit in the direction of someone on fire, let alone help.

She paused, shaking the negative emotion away before continuing.

"You however did and I like that. So I wanna help as well. You once asked me to look at the hospital report and then ask yourself if a woman deserves that kinda damage and pain from anyone, male or female and use your conscience to ask yourself which side of the law you're on and as a woman, can you allow this to continue. I did think. It was all I could think about for several days." She takes a breath.

"David, you asked me as a woman, how could I let this continue, I honestly can't as a woman. It would destroy me if someone else would allow that to happen to me. As for what side of the law am I on. Well that is the part that still gets to me, I'm supposed to be an observer most of the time. And stop or arrest criminals. But when it's people like her family, I just can't do it, too well connected means any arrest I make, would be thrown out and I would be destroyed. Who deserves that kinda damage? Only a criminal who can do that kinda damage to someone innocent deserves it."

We all hear a car pull up and I look at the time. Jessica is a bit early, at least I'm hoping that is Jessica. Caroline gets up and checks who it is. "Officer, are you expecting someone else to come?"

She looks straight at me so there is no doubt. "No one. I came without even letting dispatch know where I'm at. I wanted this to be safe and all of you to know, I'm throwing my hat in to help all three of you. If you would let me. I know you don't have a reason to trust me. I just hope the evidence I gave you will help build trust."

"It's a start. A good start at that." As we have talked, I hear the front door open up and see Jessica and the kids enter with Caroline behind them. When Jessica sees me, she immediately runs to me and gives me a hug and kiss. A very passionate kiss. I clear my throat and nod towards Ruiz.

When Jessica looks over, she gasps and I can see her skin pale. The officer smiles and lets her know she is on our side. "Jessica, don't worry, I'm on your side in this. Thanks to David, I did some investigations and I will be working towards helping you escape your husband and be with David. I can't do much, since he is so connected, but I will continue to gather evidence and help you put him away and stay safe. I think it's time for me to go so you all can have fun." She looks at me, "David, thank you for your time. I will be in touch as often as I can. I'll also pass on evidence that may be able to help you as well. Have a good day you three."

As I escort Officer Ruiz out, I thank her for the help and evidence and give her my number for further contact. I watch as she leaves and head back inside.

Jessica and Caroline were getting the kids ready. As they saw me re-enter the house, the kids stop and stare at me. "Hi, I'm David, How are you two young ladies doing?"

I see they are looking at their mama, scared but showing courage. These kids are amazing already to me.

Jessica walks behind them and puts her hand on each one as she names them. "This one is Serenity and her sister Jasmine. Not sure why they are being shy, usually they run all over the place and love to get attention." Jess leans down and talks to the girls. "Girls, this is David, the friend I was talking to you two about. He has helped me alot. This luncheon will be for us all. Ok?"

As I look at the kids, I notice Caroline looking between us and smiling. She sees me looking at her and winks before heading to the kitchen. I know she is thinking about last night. I look back at Jess and the kids and see Serenity whispering to her mother. I walk towards the garage and make sure everything is put away, check the cars for any groceries and head back inside.

When I walk into the living room, I see both Caroline and Jess sitting on the couch talking to each other with the kids sitting and listening. I lean against the wall and just look at them all, thinking about yesterday when I asked Caroline if I could be strong enough to take care of them all and raise another man's kids. As I look at the kids, I see an innocence in them yet I can see pain there as they look at their mother. I get curious and I wonder if they know about how Jessica is being treated by their father. I start seeing more of Jessica in the girls and I smile. I think to myself, as I watch the girls and their mother interact. Yes, I can do this. If I get a chance, I can help raise Jessica's kids.

Jasmine looks at me and I can see her get her sister's attention, both Caroline and Jess aren't paying attention as the kids both get up and run straight at me, I quickly stand up straighter as they barrel into me. Both giving me a hug and thanking me for helping their mother. I look over at Jessica and can see a tear roll down her face. I give her a quick smile and nod as I bend down and give both kids a big hug. "Can you girls keep a secret?" I whisper to them, after they both nod their heads as I continue to whisper. "I'm falling in love your mother. She is a wonderful person and I couldn't help falling for her. But she will need to be strong. Can you help her be strong, for all of us?"

The kids look at me and then turn around and look at their mother. I can see Jessica is curious as she has a questioning look in her eyes. Now all three of us are looking at her and she becomes even more curious. "Girls, what are you three conspiring on?" She has a big smile and I can see the love she has for her kids.

Jasmine turns to her sister and both just stare at each other for a few seconds and I notice they both nod at same time, that was a bit creepy, almost like they were talking to each other. Jasmine turns to me and whispers, "we can help, are you wanting to be with mama? What about mama's friend? They both love you too, we can see it."

Well, call me surprised!! I never thought they were this observant. I blush and whisper, "I love Caroline too. And I know she loves both of you. Would you both be ok, if Caroline can be your friend too? She loves your mother just as much as I do. I have to admit though, I'm a bit scared myself. I've never been so in love with two women like I am with your mom and Caroline. I'll need your help too, can I count you both?"

Jasmine turns to look at her mother and Caroline, I can see Serenity looking at me and then at her sister. "I don't know. Daddy loves mama. How do we know you won't hurt mama like daddy does?"

I sit down on the floor, I'm stunned. I look at both of them and hear Jessica start to get up. I snap myself out of it and motion for Jessica that it's ok. I get into a kneeling position so I can have balance as I grab both girls in a big hug and whisper, "I will never allow your mother to be hurt like that again if I can help it. She will never have any fear of me, I promise you both that. I know it takes time to get you to trust me and I'm gonna be open with both of you, ok? I will never allow either of you or your mom to be hurt in my presence. I'm willing to do what it takes to earn both of your trust and love. I promise you that." I see the tears running down their faces, but I also see suspicion in their eyes. They want the love, but not sure if they can trust me as of yet.

I stand up as the girls nod their heads at me and smile. "Ok, we have food outside and Jessica, I hope you brought swimsuits for the kids, I have a feeling they will want to swim today." I can hear the kids squeal when I mentioned a pool.

Jessica pulls out two swimsuits from a bag by the door and the kids squeal again. Jasmine and Serenity both run to their mother and give her a huge hug while giggling. I can't help but chuckle at the innocents of the young. Caroline shows them the bathroom downstairs and allows them to change.

I walk outside and check the grill. The charcoal is hot and the grill is ready. I put the steaks on just as the girls come out. After about 5 minutes, I see my two women come out in their own bikinis and I couldn't help but stare. About a minute later, I hear a bunch of laughter and look around. The kids are looking at me and giggling while my two ladies are staring at me and laughing. "What? What did I do?" I'm confused which makes it worse as all four start laughing again, harder this time!

All four continue laughing and I shake my head still confused. I check the steaks as the kids jump into the pool and the two women walk down the stairs into the pool. Both are still laughing. It makes me smile hearing Jessica laugh like that and the kids starting to enjoy themselves.

I turn around and see all four having fun, splashing each other and laughing. It hits me at this point. This, this is what I've been missing. I can see them as my family, the people that I would give my life to fight for and protect, to love and honor and cherish. Is this what my mother meant, when she said, "David, when you find the one, this woman who makes you laugh, think and feel as though life before was just a shadow, when you see the world light up as if a lightswitch was flipped. Love her, cherish her, for then and only then will you see that life is worth living and fighting for. And when you finally have a child of your own, you see the world through eyes that have yet to be opened, every thing will be new, fresh and invaluable to you. Cherish it, love them with everything you have and are. Only then will you be complete. Just like I found in your father. Remember my son, we love you. You will be a great husband and father, just be patient and loving."