All Comments on 'Dawn of a New Day'

by PickFiction

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
ArdieffArdieffover 1 year ago

She is a helpless woman who neeeeeds a maaaaaaaaaann to be fullfilled and whole....

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 1 year ago

5 Big Stars! Really enjoyed this. And I loved her daughter's advice, "Don't fight life." Really well done, as always.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 1 year ago

Just read the comment about Dawn being a helpless woman, who desperately needed a man. I disagree. You showed that she'd managed to get on with her life after her husband had betrayed her and ruined their marriage. And she had been resistant to meeting anyone new, since she felt she was doing fine on her own.

But when she met Mr., or should I say Dr. Right, she finally let her guard down enough to find happiness. So, I would hardly describe her as desperate and lonely and needing a man to feel whole or fill a void in her life.

Turning502019Turning502019over 1 year ago

Wanted to rate it better but for 3 pages barely a conversation then everything sets up, closes and ends in a page and a half.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

Corny? Yes. Contrived? yes. Predictable? Yes. Too good to be true? Absolutely! But fun, enjoyable and satisfying to be sure. Thanks for a pick-me-up on a cold day. 5*

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Very romantic and well written. Thanks! 5/5

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Enjoyable story!

4

Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

Fantastic romantic story. Very well written. 5stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
5 stars

nicely thought out story, well written, fuzzy warm feelings

ncng3ncng3over 1 year ago

A fiver. Quite good.

Cali_LoveCali_Loveover 1 year ago

Very well written, delightful buildup, and intelligent characters which are not easy to write. Thank you for sharing. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely delightful!! Wonderfully descriptive.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

A perfect entry for a holiday season story. Leaves us feeling good about life, if only for the moment. They made me stop at 5 stars, dammit!

AccelarVesterAccelarVesterover 1 year ago

Wonderful story well told.

Thank you!

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story about two people finding each other.

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyover 1 year ago

It's a pity I'm limited to five stars.

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyover 1 year ago

Pity this couldn't be six stars.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

Fairy tales never happen, but it's nice to read them just the same. Why can't people dream about great things happening to them? So as we live our ordinary lives we occasionally brush against the edges of real life fantasy. So enjoy! 5*

ilalsilalsabout 1 year ago

I found myself rooting for her to resist. Probably just to spite the irritating busybody daughter.

Still, well thought out and written.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Please write another part, maybe Shana will get a new father and brother or sister!

olddave51olddave518 months ago

I'd love to see a part 2 "Dawn's New Day"

Maybe Dawn could turn the tables on Shana set her up with Sonny.

It would serve Sal right if Dawn became a Doctor's wife AND new mother.

Maybe Sal would acknowledge his wayward Ways, and apologize to both his ex-wife and estranged daughter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous