Gotha's Embrace Day 03: Veronika's Capture

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sister Elizabeth was the one leading the discussion today. Even I had to admit that she was an exquisitely beautiful woman, but there was just something too suspiciously perfect about her appearance. With skin as smooth as silk and a complexion as pale as alabaster, she was like a sculpture brought to life. When she gazed about, her eyes shone with a brilliant blue as if pooled from a glacial lake, contrasted by a pair of rosebud lips sitting just below hued in unblemished pink. Her hair was hidden by the black coif wrapped around her head, but I had seen a few stray blonde strands floating about her shoulders. When she smiled, it was unassuming and modest. Yet all of it felt like a mask, a cover. I prided myself for being able to detect the smallest facial movements that might give away someone's motives, something I've mastered over the years in my line of work, but all the inhabitants of the monastery, from Sister Mara to Father Gregory, were like a blank slate underneath, unreadable. Their eyes were perfect mirrors, reflecting everything back at the observer, and no errant twitch or glance ever revealed their thoughts or true feelings. If I hadn't known better, I would have assumed they had all received expert training in spycraft, given the level of emotional control they all possessed. Maybe they had.

"Good morning everyone. I hope you are all ready for an interesting session. Today, we will be covering the immoral and sinful figures within the Bible, and how it relates to our faith." Sister Elizabeth looked around the room, and I swear her eyes lingered on me for a second longer than anyone else. "OK then! Let's begin!"

The lecture began with the most prominent evil within the Bible: The Devil himself and his origins. This led to the concept of trickery and treachery, of how Adam and Eve were cast from the Garden of Eden in their foolishness, and how mankind was forever cursed to wander the Earth in the hope for salvation. Eventually the discussion made its way to the other infamous figures within the Bible; Cain's murdering of his brother in jealousy, the Pharoah of Egypt and the bondage of the Israelites, and Judas's betrayal for only thirty pieces of silver. I paid some attention to the lesson, but nevertheless found it repetitive and dull. Illustrating how sinful people suffered was something religion never tired of.

Suddenly, Sister Elizabeth uttered a name that perked my interest. "Jezebel, has anyone here heard of the name Jezebel?"

Sister Isabella, of course, replied without missing a beat. "Jezebel was the corrupt queen of the Phoenicians, who in her time, spread the false worship of the idol Baal throughout the land. She threatened, cheated, and killed many true worshippers of God in her time, driving even the prophet Elijah into hiding. In the end, she was cast down for her transgressions and fed to the wolves. She is the embodiment of a conniving and sinful woman that let nothing stand in between her and the abuse of power."

Sister Elizabeth nodded. "That is correct, of course, Sister Isabella. But may I offer a more nuanced perspective? Jezebel was, indeed, power-hungry and driven to idolatry, but she ruled with a firm grip upon her kingdom, bringing a steady peace that few could have achieved. Did not God also murder the worshippers of Baal at Elijah's feet? What Jezebel did was ultimately wrong, but she faced her end with strength and conviction, pride and dignity, and an indomitable determination."

Sister Isabella's mouth hung open in shock. She fixed Sister Elizabeth with a somber stare. "Sister... you cannot mean for Jezebel, of all sinners, should be even remotely tolerated? Her use of lies and deception were second to none, save perhaps the Devil himself! She should be forever remembered with ignominy, and not as some tragic character that was simply misunderstood!"

"Matthew 7:1-2. 'Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.' So said the disciple of Jesus. Perhaps we have judged Jezebel too quickly and sentenced her to infamy too hurriedly, without considering all the aspects of her reign. After all, she only wanted what was the best for her people, as she was a proud woman, always ready to fight for her ideals. She was even worshiped for these traits."

"Sister Elizabeth. I will warn you. What you speak is blasphemy."

The room went deathly silent. Both sisters stared at each other, but while Sister Elizabeth's features were calm and unfettered, Sister Isabella's eyes smoldered with resentment. I was of the opinion that the older nun was about to do something that she would regret.

Without warning, Sister Elizabeth turned to me. "Veronika, what do you think of this quandary? What is your opinion of the ill-famed queen, Jezebel?"

I had not expected this. Did she know about my musings before that painting in the Church? Had she been watching me? Was this a test? My eyes narrowed as I tried to determine her motives. Could it be a coincidence? Was I overreacting? I had to say something fast. Everyone was now looking at me, waiting for my response.

I stood up and cleared my throat. "Jezebel, as our Orthodox Church teaches, was a terrible and heartless queen. She ruled through intimidation and fear. The ends always justified the means for her. But, she was a woman, and so was not supposed to rule. She did so anyways despite everything. Maybe she was before her time. I believe that she was too prideful in the end, and this led her to her demise. Should she have been more discreet, perhaps more subtle, maybe we would remember her differently today." I sat back down.

Sister Elizabeth appraised me coolly. "An interesting answer, Veronika." She looked out over the rest of the group. "Indeed, Jezebel was a proud woman, and that may have led to her downfall. What Goth'a teaches us is that if we are ever given the duty of leadership, that we should lead with strength, but with a patient and firm hand. We should seek to better not only ourselves, but our followers as well. Only then will the weak and the bereft follow us into righteousness, steadfast in their faith, unto the coming of our Lord."

Again, silence filled the room. I couldn't see Sister Isabella's face with her cowl covering her face, but I could imagine the sharp words she must be holding back. Sophie looked concernedly from Sister to Sister, seemingly wanting to say something to calm the situation, but afraid to utter anything that might worsen it. Ashley and Seo-Yeon looked at each other, unsure of what would happen next.

"Let us leave this controversial topic then. I know I have ruffled at least a few feathers today, but I hope all of you will think upon my words." Sister Elizabeth chuckled. "Let us move on to a history of the abbots of the monastery. Maybe it will put you in a fairer disposition." She turned to pluck a thick book from one of the shelves and began reciting some old records. The rest of the morning session was uneventful, as the subject would have suggested. By the time lunch came, most of everyone was already yawning.

As I stood up to leave, Sister Elizabeth came over to my desk, her smile sweet and disarming. "Veronika, thank you for your participation today."

I looked at her warily. "It was no problem."

"Mother Prosperine has asked to see you in her office, after lunch if you would be so kind."

"What is this about?"

"That is between you and Mother Prosperine. Unfortunately, she doesn't deign to tell me everything."

"If she insists, I will be there."

"Do you need directions to her office?"

"No. I know where it is."

Sister Elizabeth raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything further. Then she left to gather up Ashley and Seo-Yeon for something else. Probably their chores.

I sat by myself during lunch. Everybody else had gotten the message that I was not there to make friends, and so nobody disturbed me. As I chewed the same bread the monastery offered day after day, I tried to think through why I had been summoned by the Abbess. Did she suspect? Was she onto me? I couldn't entirely dismiss the idea that maybe I had been discovered, although I hadn't seen anyone or any security equipment surveilling me so far. It could also be possible I had simply not noticed. Unlikely, but possible.

What would I say if I had been caught snooping? After all, I had covertly searched both the Abbess and the Abbot's offices during their absence. Feigning ignorance was not believable. Claiming curiosity would only rouse suspicions. I settled on a semi-plausible answer; that I had been overcome with questions regarding the Church, and had gone seeking answers. As I made my way to Mother Prosperine's office, I planned through possible contingencies just in case. The rest I would have to improvise.

Soon, I was standing before a sturdy wooden door with a thick, heavy frame. As I was about to rap on its surface, I heard Mother Prosperine call out.

"You can come in."

I frowned, sure that I had been silent during my approach. Grasping the bronze doorknob, I pushed my way in.

The room had not changed since I had last scope it out. A low bench with slim leather cushioning sat on one side, while the walls were filled with bookcases and shelves. An assortment of random items was scattered throughout the room; a pair of standing candelabras, a stone altar in one corner, and a giant glimmering purple crystal of unknown origin in another. On the Abbess' desk, various religious paraphernalia were strewn about, including beads, runes, gems, figurines, even an ancient kerosene lamp. Mother Prosperine herself sat in a tall straight-backed chair made of black wood. It looked exceedingly uncomfortable, but she didn't show any sign of unease. There was really no place for me to sit in front of her, so I opted to stand.

"So, Veronika. Good you are here. I have a task for you."

I studied Mother Prosperine's face closely. Like the other inhabitants of the monastery, it didn't give anything away. Her piercing blue eyes, seemingly made from ice, seemed to be critically judging me with every daggerlike glance. Her hooked nose made her appear almost malevolent, while her mouth was pursed in a tight line that bespoke a stern and reproving temperament. Her chin ended in a sharp angle, under which her coif was tightly wrapped about her neck and around the entirety of her head. I knew of FSB interrogators more amenable.

"What task is that?" I tried to sound nonchalant.

"Would you be able to supervise Ashley and Seo-Yeon during their chores?"

"Why?" I snapped back. I was a little relieved as well as annoyed. It was good that I had not been found out, but this also meant that I would have less time to conduct my operations.

"Because we are short on staff, that's why. Also, because I'm asking you politely."

"I am not a babysitter."

"Well, then let me make this simple for you, Veronika." Mother Prosperine leaned forward and clasped her hands. "You are going to supervise Ashley and Seo-Yeon during their chores. You are the next youngest, and so the responsibility falls to you. If you should refuse, then that would make you an ungrateful guest. And we cannot host an ungrateful guest."

"So, you would force me to leave. If I don't do as you say."

"Simply put, yes. If you refuse, I would have no choice but to ask you to leave, politely." Her lips curled up contemptuously.

I stood there silently, trying to ascertain her motives. What was she up to? The task she had set upon me was certainly irritating, but hardly one that would jeopardize my cover. On the other hand, if I was to be kicked out, then my mission would be an unmitigated failure, having not collected a shred of intelligence. It was a simple choice. Making up my mind, I responded. "Very well, I will look after those two. Anything else?"

She smiled, but there was no mirth in it. "I am glad that we could come to an agreement. But yes, there is something else," she said, leaning back in her chair. "I have a gift for you. Why the distrustful look? You deserve it, given your services. Here."

Reaching beneath her desk, she grabbed onto something and pulled it out. As she swept it up and onto her desk, I saw what it was; a pair of black thigh-high boots. They looked almost ridiculous; Tall and slim, made from some glossy black leather, with long laces running down their entirety, ending in thin stiletto heels almost five inches high; definitely not something a normal person would wear. Tight leather straps and stiff bindings adorned the sides and back, punctuated by crisp metal buckles, lending the entire getup a downright devilish appeal. Yet the quality was undeniable. I could easily see how they would firmly embrace the legs of the wearer, devilishly suggestive, accentuating a woman's every possible curve.

I looked up at the older woman in dubious fascination. "You want me to wear... that?"

Mother Prosperine maintained her humorless smile. "Oh, you don't have to wear them. They are simply a gift. But do try them on. Maybe you will find them... comforting."

Skeptical, I took off my soft flats and gently squeezed into one of the boots. The effect was instantaneous. It was like dipping my foot into the softest velvet, a swirling eddy of silky lusciousness, that I very nearly gasped. The material was remarkably snug and warm, so quick to latch onto my skin, that it felt like my legs were being embraced by the hands of a lover. Quickly, I squeezed my other foot into its twin, tying the laces and buckling the straps, relishing the delicious tightness squeezing my entire lower half. A sudden rush of excitement coursed through my veins as I stood up.

I felt... powerful. Unstoppable even. It was exhilarating. Contrary to what I expected, it felt completely natural for my feet to be arched so high above the ground. The added elevation strained my calves and glutes, forcing my butt to tighten into two firm spheres behind me, while forcing my chest outwards. Yet, I could almost taste the raw sexual energy I exuded as I strutted across the room, my hips swaying from side to side whilst my back arched gracefully to maintain my balance. It was like walking on air. I turned a full 180 on the back of my heels to face Mother Prosperine.

"So, I gather you like them." Her smile was now amused.

"How did you know my size?" I asked as I paced about the room, trying to get a better feel for my newfound height. The click-click-click of the heels as they struck the wooden floor were loud and commanding, the sound of which would definitely capture the attention of any who heard it. I could almost envision faces frozen in dreaded anticipation. It was perfect.

"Oh, this place did serve as a convent long ago, after all. Girls of all sizes have come and gone. I just picked out a pair that I thought would suit you the best."

"Interesting that you would possess these." I played it cool. Nowhere in our reports had we observed any number of females being housed here. It was strange that this information had gone overlooked.

"You would find many interesting things here, if you knew where to search."

At that, I cocked my head, not knowing if it was an invitation or a warning. In the back of my mind, I made a mental note to remain vigilant. "If there is nothing else, I will take my leave then," I said, trying to sound unconcerned.

"By all means. Ashley and Seo-Yeon should be waiting for you in the study hall to start their duties. You should check that their new attire is... appropriately fitted." She gave me a cryptic look, waving me towards the door. "You're welcome, by the way, for the boots."

I turned and left, striding out the door and down the hall, the clacking of my heels echoing before me.

***

Ashley and Seo-Yeon definitely heard me before they saw me. As I entered the study room, I saw their two faces contort in surprise. I was likewise perplexed by their new outfits.

They were wearing matching French maid uniforms in black and white, complete with short puffy sleeves, flimsy half-aprons, and ruffled skirts, all wrapped in reams of delicate frills and lace. The bodice was cut artificially low so that their cleavage was visible, although Ashley was much more naturally endowed. What was most noticeable, however, was the high hemline with white trim that barely reached the bottom of their thighs, exposing the entirety of both sets of legs; the skinny branches of Seo-Yeon's and the toned lengths of Ashley's. Both of them wore a set of low black platform heels which were clearly a bit too stiff. Topping it all off, frilly white mobcaps adorned their heads, making it seem as if two large fans were precariously balanced upon their hair. How Mother Prosperine had managed to stuff these two into such costumes, I had no idea, but it was certainly amusing.

Fighting to not smirk openly, I addressed the girls. "Looking good, you two. There's been a slight change in plans. Mother Prosperine has asked me to supervise you while you perform your duties. Seeing as how you are already dressed, let's get started, shall we?" I had thought this task might have been boring, but now I was definitely looking forward to seeing the two of them prance around in their skimpy little dresses at my beck and call.

"This is ridiculous." Ashley crossed her arms and stuck out her foot. "First Mother Prosperine forces these stupid chores on us. Then we have to wear these absurd costumes. Now, we have to put up with you watching over us? I'm outta here."

She turned to leave, but before she could so much as take a step, I grabbed her by the back of her collar.

"Let go of me, you fucking..."

SLAP!

I felt a stinging sensation on the back of my right hand. Looking down, I saw Ashley sprawled on the ground next to her headdress, holding the side of her right cheek, eyes wide in shock. Her blonde hair had collapsed all about her face and a swelling redness was evident through the gaps between her fingers. Seo-Yeon looked like she was about to faint.

I had backhanded the girl without even realizing it.

Hiding my own surprise, I stepped over the blonde girl to stand before her. She really did look pathetic from this angle, and utterly helpless. Keeping my voice to a sullen tone, I spoke to the dazed face staring up at me.

"Listen carefully, you spoiled, ungrateful child," I lectured, doing my best to assume an authoritative stance. "Neither of us wants to be here. Do you think I like watching over a bunch of silly teenagers run around cleaning and sweeping? I am here because I was asked to be here." I leaned down and dropped my voice even lower. "If you do what you're told, and do it well, then we won't have this misunderstanding again. Understood?"

Ashley looked up at me with hateful eyes. But she kept quiet. After all, I had proven myself the stronger, and more than willing to demonstrate it. I stepped away and sat in one of the chairs close by, crossing my legs as I did so. "Now get to it!"

Seo-Yeon hurriedly got her mop from the side of the room to start wiping down the floor. Ashley, in the meantime, slowly picked herself up. Scowling silently, she went about scrubbing down the tables with a wet cloth. Afterwards they worked on the windows as well as the shelves, sweeping away the accumulated layers of dust that had gathered in puffy gray sheets. Throughout all this, I grabbed a random book to read; it was about the beginnings of the monastic order, not terribly interesting, but it passed the time. After about an hour, Ashley and Seo-Yeon came over, apparently to tell me they had finished.

Looking from one girl to the other, I smiled. "Now, that wasn't so hard, was it? Is that all you were asked to do?"