All Comments on 'Day of the sale'

by BogartsBoss

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Damn

I’m leaking on my phone in an unmanly kind of way. Sweet story, you captured the moment wonderfully.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 4 years ago
Sad...but good read!

As I close in on my seventh decade, I appreciate this more and more...wondering?

ShadowRosieShadowRosieabout 4 years ago
Ah Jezuz

This is too realistic. Dad died last October. Doesn't matter how old you are.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Just a matter of time

I know it's coming...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Shame !!

Until the very last sentence this story had moral backbone, humanity and just the right touch of nostalgia!

Surely anyone who would put themselves under so much emotional pressure would have already either made enough peace with themselves beforehand to stand the last onslaught or left the debris behind before the last day.

4 pointy things for not having the moral fibre to have the protagonist leave steely eyed!!

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars - I am in the middle of my last year in this big old house - so this short story is very poignant. Once you hit the big 70 life seems to slide by at fantastic rate. It feels like being on a huge water slide and I am sitting on the razors edge of indecision - do I let go and really enjoy this last ride, or do I stop and get off? My children and grandchildren know me so well - I always let go to enjoy these last rides. I intend to go into this last phase of my life - wringing every bit of fun out of every single second. Life is short and then you die - so enjoy every second, as if it is your last.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is so very sad, his memories is all he has left.

I too had to sell a house, that had been in my family, since 1958, I can relate to those memories too, playing in a kiddie pool, or in the sandbox, all my beloved pets, some even buried in the backyard.

That was 8 years ago, it seems like only yesterday.

Truly a sobering realistic work, you put all you had into this, it's such a sad place to be in, as you leave everything you know for possibly decades, everything except the memories.

It's worth much more then 5 stars.

chytownchytownover 1 year ago

****Nice story thanks for sharing. Sad but it happens. That's life!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Its just stuff. Almost all of us have more than we need anyway. Good riddance. Some day someone else will be remembering the great deals they got that day, and how they enjoyed and appreciated the items and hoped to pass them on to some other deserving soul some day. Its not a bad thing, and only a sad thing if we forget the big picture. You can't take it with you. Thanks for the effort.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 months ago

A house has memories of many generations

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous