All Comments on 'Daydream Believer: Consequences'

by Chagrined

Sort by:
  • 232 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Worst story ever

Cito22Cito22almost 2 years ago

ugh, she served no penance. suffered no shame, he has no balls.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

My gods what a shit show. The reactions are all over the place. Its clear this author has never bothered to observe human behavior. Either that or his life was so perfect that he has absolutely no frame of reference. Either way he shouldnt attempt these types of high emotion tales. He isn't qualified nor up to learning apparently. Seriously, 20 minutes of introspection and imagining himself in this scenario could produce more realism than what's displayed here.

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

I would venture a guess that the author has no real understanding of a mature, adult male, married or not. Pure rubbish solution!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Let's first get something straight. Some men would want to know when this started. Some want to know how far it went, why it started, how long it lasted, where it was going. I thought long about this and you know what? I don't care!"

"I said I do want the divorce, Jeanne. This marriage is over. But I am not certain our splitting is the best course of action either. I do want to know one thing though. Why, Jeanne? No psychobabble, no justifications, just a simple why? Why do it and why with Steve?"

Perhaps the author or one of his admirers might take a moment to reconcile the above two statements (both taken from the preceding page).

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Epilogue:

NOPE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Reconciliation without any consequences for the wife was a fool move on the husbands part. A best he should have insisted upon a post nuptial agreement that would severely punish monetarily wise should she cheat again. Also, the post nuptial agreement should also cause her to forfeit any claim to a percentage of their current assets for punitive damages for her long term cheating with Steve regardless if the stay married our not.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Whenever hubby offers to allow her strange or i this case totally overlook ten years of secrecy lying and cheating the score must go way down. He eve offered to give her one night stands. Then, he provides no consequences whatsoever. She smirks every night thinking about ten years of fantastic sex, while dreaming of Steve whlie screwing hubby. Garbage, just not realistic inany way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked it. Good show. I give 5 to anyone brave enough to write and post. I am not qualified to be a critic of writing. I just liked it. It isn’ always easy to keep a family together. But it is usually worth it. Moral of this story is trust but verify - especially with ‘friends’.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yech...... Simply, Yech! The wife cheats for TEN years and he just accepts it? No consequences for the wife? For the sake of the children? Better to get custody, move on quickly, and find them a nice stepmother. The wife was a narcissistic c**t. Yes, the "C-word" as it's justified if she could not even understand the significance of such a betrayal. I was kind of hoping that one child was the lover's for a plot twist to introduce a custody issue. Okay story, but just that. The guy wasn't what the trolls call a 'cuck', but way, way too accepting. That's not love or even sacrifice, but plain and simple weakness in accepting an unacceptable situation.

BAnde53507BAnde53507over 1 year ago

This was an excellent story. I was frustrated by husbands initial inaction upon discovering the cheating couple. But once he got traction, redeemed himself nicely. It’s good to see a story where the couple fights for the marriage through all the crap that comes before healing.

On an unrelated note, I don’t understand the multitude of comments from people who are disappointed the husband doesn’t go scorched earth on the wife. Clearly there at many angry readers on Lit

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

this is so bad pissing on it would insult piss...

skruff101skruff101about 1 year ago

When a spouse answers the question of why she/he cheated with ‘because I could’, that marriage is dead and should be consigned to the graveyard of lost causes. Add to that it’s a long term affair and still no divorce begs the question ‘was the author high at the time’.

I know all you LW authors are desperate to come up with something different and original but you’ve got to inject some semblance of reality to at least keep the reader engaged and interested in the outcome.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She'll cheat again, just a matter of time. Poor story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I noticed no ranking, probably for the best I couldn't rank it more tha. A two.

This isn't a marriage it the cowards way out, it's a friends with benefits room mates agreement at best.

Who could put up with years and years of betrayal.

keki123keki12310 months ago

This sucks. DAYDREAM BELIEVER: THE END by Beermaker is the best alternate version.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Not allowing ranking, heh. Wise choice that

bobareenobobareeno10 months ago

I liked this, though I wanted to take a red pen to it here and there. 5 Stars.

usaretusaret9 months ago

Nope, do not buy it. Pure bulls**t. I would not have ever reconciled with that bit**, nor let Steve walk away. And I can’t believe any man worth his salt woul either. Almost a good story, but “consequences “ is a dismal failure.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfox7 months ago

I wish that the author had the star rating implemented so I could give this story a 1. Wife cheated on him with his best friend for at least 10 years and she had Steve's kid. Fuck that !! I don't see how this writer is so well liked and honored as a great writer. Just my opinion, I was brought up seeking justice and don't turn the other cheek so that makes me also seek revenge of a sort.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This is like a hollow lightweight version of other wife cheating tales.

He treats it so lightly as though it was a “honey I dinged the car.” Accident. Ten fucking years!!!

I don’t think I could get together with her again regardless of the kids. She did it, not him. She should be made to pay.

Bill S.

60022Mallard60022Mallard5 months ago

A lot of holes in the story but overall not too bad.

Possibly a story for others to pick up on as Steve and Jeanne head for round two.

The MC enters the room and says "Is this a private party or can anyone join in", or, alternatively, the MC goes down stairs closes the front door loudly and calls out "Honey, I'm home dear".

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I suppose he is stronger than I am When I found my ex wives had cheated on me I just had to move out straight away No respect no trust and I was sure I could never believe them again (jaybee186)

WisquejacWisquejac4 months ago

Good story, but nope I couldn’t take her back after all that. Evil woman.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

There were so many things wrong with this it’s easier to just say it was bollocks and leave it at that.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I'm not against RAAC in principle, but not after a betrayal of this magnitude and duration. Come on, get real. And the fact she didn't even see it as that bad for so long, christ, talk about delusion and selfish. You'd never be able to trust her again after something like that. How could you have a relationship with someone like that after something like this and not be reminded of what they did to you every time you look at them, or wonder if they're doing it again when they're not around, because they previously did it so well and for so long? That would drive most people insane.

chasbo38chasbo383 months ago

"Consequences" is unbelievable to me and inconsistent with the first story. She tells Jeff that he is the biological father of Zachery. Then she tells her husband that she and Jeff were never sure of it. Another lie either to Jeff or to her husband.

She has no qualms about using her husband's best friend Jeff as a part time husband to get a "different" kind of sex life for multiple years without a thought or concern about what it might be doing to her relationship with her husband. Ignoring her marriage for months or even a year is a stretch but understandable. Multiple years is understandable only if she truly had decided that Jeff is as much of a husband to her as her actual husband. Fucking him in her home is understandable acceptable only because she thinks of him as her husband.

This woman is just another narcissist living in a dreamworld for which she bares no responsibility. The fact that he goes back to having sex with after only four months is also unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Consequences? More like lack of consequences.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperT2 months ago

Severe letdown in PT 2. Consequences? My ass

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I rarely am critical, I mean kudos to all Literocia writers, they try hard, some are better , but respect to everyone of them. Interesting story Chagrined....outcome is quite disappointing. I'm sure few men would NOT divorce a women who did this, BUT, you gave a reasonable outcome, I guess just not what I think most men would do. But good effort, like I said earlier, interesting.

MasterKoteMasterKote14 days ago

Only a story but an affair that long wouldn't end up in a reconciliation

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userChagrined@Chagrined
349 Followers
Vet, former Airborne, LEO and all around sweetheart of a guy. Not fond of Cucks, cuck stories, idiots or people who don't habla. I prefer stories that have a degree of introspection to them as straight "pound" stories leave me limp. When I critique it is because I actually wa...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories